Developing Canon Characters

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Developing Canon Characters

Unread post by WorpeX »

Hey all! Quick question that I have been wondering for awhile. A lot of people here use canon characters in the RP, but do you all try to emulate the character exactly like they are in the show or are we allowed to develop the character more than what they had gotten in the show?

The reason I ask this, is because Airazor had gotten almost no character development at all in beast wars (besides the relationship with Tigatron). She's currently a pretty boring character which has a horrible dry sense of humor and loves nature... thats about it. I would like to really develop her more as an individual and member of the maximal team, but I'm not sure if this would be allowed since it could possibly effect her personality. I wanted to ask first before others get annoyed at me for developing her more and deviating from her show persona more and more as time goes on.
Last edited by WorpeX on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Oh no, we allow that. Scorponok has the same issue.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Cool! Can't wait to see what you do with her character. :D
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I agree with NK. You can elaborate with canons. After all, we're not the writers of BW so we can't know exactly what they'd really be like in every situation. Just do what you think feels right with the character. We're pretty flexible, I think. :wink: I'd love to see more depth to Airazor, like Alak has done with Scorponok (which I love!).

I'm just winging it with Optimus, Rattrap and Tigatron. ...Isn't it obvious? :lol:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

This is just the fanboy in me talking, but maybe the players for Tigatron and Airazor can expand on the relationship between the two. Watching the show, I never actually realized they had anything going on until like 2 seconds before they were abducted/killed/whateverwasintended.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Alak wrote:This is just the fanboy in me talking, but maybe the players for Tigatron and Airazor can expand on the relationship between the two. Watching the show, I never actually realized they had anything going on until like 2 seconds before they were abducted/killed/whateverwasintended.
Yeah, it was hard to notice in the show until that point. The only episode besides that where its noticeable is Spiders Game where Tigatron pretends to act stronger than he is to impress Airazor. xD Otherwise, they just worked together on missions a lot. There was also a few cases where it seemed Airazor liked Optimus too, but I wont go into that. haha.

But yeah, I agree we should definitely expand on that relationship more. Although, Airazor wont just fall for Tigatron right away, hes gotta work his magic on her a bit. 8)
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hmm..*images OOP playing as a guy working his magic to pick up a girl, played by a guy. Tries not to die laughing*

Good luck! :lol:
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

The only episode besides that where its noticeable is Spiders Game where Tigatron pretends to act stronger than he is to impress Airazor. xD Otherwise, they just worked together on missions a lot.
I agree, Alak. But a little more of their relationship shined through before they were abducted. And then that was that. :lol:
There was also a few cases where it seemed Airazor liked Optimus too, but I wont go into that. haha.
LoL Yeah, I noticed that too, but I think it went both ways. :wink:
But yeah, I agree we should definitely expand on that relationship more. Although, Airazor wont just fall for Tigatron right away, hes gotta work his magic on her a bit.
Hmm..*images OOP playing as a guy working his magic to pick up a girl, played by a guy. Tries not to die laughing*

Good luck!
:lol: It's already crossed my mind... But I'm mature enough to handle it, NK! Just for that, I won't bother doing CPR on you if you do start dying of laughter. :wink:
"Well, that's just prime!"
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

NaitoKage wrote:Hmm..*images OOP playing as a guy working his magic to pick up a girl, played by a guy. Tries not to die laughing*

Good luck! :lol:
haha! I've picked up enough girls in my life, will be nice to have a change for once!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote: It's already crossed my mind... But I'm mature enough to handle it, NK! Just for that, I won't bother doing CPR on you if you do start dying of laughter.

Well I heard the new CPR removes the whole mouth to mouth thing.. so it might not be as fun anyway. :wink: