Fuzors?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Dreamscreamer

Fuzors?

Unread post by Dreamscreamer »

Do you think the term "fuzor" was invented by the Maximals or Predacons after Quickstrike and Silverbolt came to be, due to their DNA replicators on their stasis pods being screwed up? Or, do you think it's possible that this sort of thing could have happened before?

One reason why I'm asking this is because, well... I decided to imply in one of my fanfics that it's possible for a Maximal (or maybe a Predacon, whatever the case may be) to actually choose to become a fuzor, if they happen to like two different beast modes. (In my case, I had an OC choose to merge the DNA of a mountain lion and a hawk.)

So... what are your thoughts? Do you think it's something that just happens sporadically, when DNA scanners get messed up or damaged? Or could it also be something done out of choice?

If it's the latter, I wonder if it might even be possible to merge more than two organic structures together... hmm.

Just some thoughts.
Life is like a novel. You don't know how it will end, or how long it will be.
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

Fuzors as far as I know are a result of the wave that transmettalised most of the original Maximals and Predacons in addition to partly damaged pods.

Because of this I've always viewed Fuzors as being somewhat in between Standard Cybertronian and Transmetal in terms of power, abilities and so forth.

So, effectively, a combination of accident and damage creates fuzors as we know and love them.

Even so, you can imply that your OC became a fuzor by way of experimentation to duplicate the process, if it takes place after Beast Wars, or as an experiment into the mutability of the DNA scanning and replication process if it takes place prior to Beast Wars.
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Its an interesting question as to how the term Fuzor came to be. The Transformers have been around for billions of cycles and I'm sure there have been all sorts and weird and wonderful combinations (e.g. in G1 we ended up with combiners, triple changers, duocons, six changers and so forth) so the term fuzor could be a technical definition within the Cybertonian society. I'll use a term to describe myself "Italo-Australian." A mix of two cultures, nationalities, etc.

I understand that the transmetal and fuzor states did directly result from the transwarp explosion, however there's nothing to say that it hasn't happened anywhere else either. From what we know, transwarp technology is relatively common at the times of Maximals and Predacons, so again this could have happened somewhere else.

Just a thought :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Dannn Sanew

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

Silver has a point, also the Maxiamls made Rampage, imagine what other experiments they could had been working on.