Iconic forum OCs?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

In terms of bio and stats: well balanced, has a storyline unless its a pod protoform, a storyline is not needed, what makes the character interesting?

In terms of design: No cable hair unless it's suppose to do something. The beast mode body size must be suitable for the robot form. It's too illogical if a skinny dude has a shark for a beast mode.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Not that I disagree with the idea as a whole, but let's go back to the point Pheonix brought up earlier which at the moment I'm inclined to agree with. Isn't the idea to associate the images of the OCs with the forum? So why would anyone associate random OCs that no one has really seen in action or really know the story of with this forum? I think even if you aren't involved in the RP on the forum, you have lurked enough in the gallery, and the control panel and maybe even in the RP itself to know some of the OCs. Starshadow for starters since her player of the same name is always experimenting with new designs and color schemes posted in the gallery. Icebreaker and Orcariner might be known to people who've been a part of the site for a while even if they don't know what happened to Icebreaker in the story.
Spoiler: show
Icebreaker was killed
I think either Icebreaker or Orcariner had some fanfictions in the control panel as well....people who don't follow them in the RP may have read their fanfictions.

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is why not use the OCs that were already created by the users on the forum? Aren't they a good representation of what we're all about? Even if some of the OCs in the image are not in the RPG currently (they were killed off) or ever (they were just featured in fanfictions in the control panel), it's still a good representation of the creativity we have here.

To continue with the idea: I think my first thought if I would see an image of transformers I didn't recognize would be: "Who are these characters?" So maybe there could be some way for people to learn more about the characters pictured. Maybe clicking on the image takes people to a thread where the first post explains the story of the image as a whole and more about the RPG game and our forum. Then each post following that one contains each individual character pictured in the image. It could include, just for example: 1) their picture, 2) a short bio, and 3) a few links to some select posts from the RPG or a link to their fanfiction.

Maybe this image could be pictured on the bwint page where you click on the button that says "interactive." It could show up right above the word that says forum. Maybe it will inspire some people to tap into their own creativity. Maybe some people will see it and say "Oh! I wrote a fanfiction of a character I created! I should join up and share it with them!" Or "Oh! I used to do RPGs like this. I'd love to do it again!" Or something like that.

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad idea. I guess I just fail to understand why we need to come up with completely new characters when most of us have already created OCs.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

I'd agree it would make more sense to use already established characters, probably some of the popular ones. Though Icebreaker isn't that well known beyond being in a fanfiction Alak wrote and some art I've done. Starshadow is rather famous on deviant art, as other artists then myself have also drawn the character or CGed her. Though that has also resulted in people stealing her art or other strange things like pretending to be her..

MariaSunderland's works are also known with Beastwars International, from what I've seen of google searches and deviant art.

And while not original characters, Candi's artwork appears on nearly any beastwars search leading to the site.

So.. that's about as close as famous "characters" I can think of.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Umm..alright then.