Character Bios [S2]

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Okay. Had a good laugh reading the using both at the same time.. Akimbo Sniper rifles..She can use the scopes like goggles. *LOL* Alrighty, Approved.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

NaitoKage wrote:Okay. Had a good laugh reading the using both at the same time.. Akimbo Sniper rifles..She can use the scopes like goggles. *LOL* Alrighty, Approved.
Lol

Just imagined it with Venatrix her tail twitching nervously upright in the background.....

Sorry.... couldn´t stop laughing.... now i wont be able to sleep for hours.....

The horror!
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Places both scopes of her sniper rifles on her optics, and looks for a target..... then spots Rattrap dumping some of his waste fluids about 10 meters away from her....
"Damn he's big....."

(sorry.... couldn't help myself.) :oops:
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Changed Star's gun from a laser AA12 to a laser M4 carbine assault rifle. Is that okay?
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Er, okay. Shouldn't be a problem.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

NAME: Steelclaw
ALLEGIANCE: Predacon
FUNCTION: Warrior/Munitions expert
ALTERNATE MODE: Black bear
HEIGHT: 2 feet, 9 inches (Beast mode); 5 feet, 10 inches (Robot mode). More than three years later, and black bears are still short.
QUOTE: "Yes, what can I shoot for you?"

STRENGTH: 6.0
INTELLIGENCE: 7.5
SPEED: 4.0
ENDURANCE: 7.0
COURAGE: 7.0
FIREPOWER: 9.5
SKILL: 7.0
(Courage stat brought up to more accurately reflect some of the things I've claimed Steelclaw to be courageous enough to do. Firepower stat brought up because of developments in the story.)

BIO: On Cybertron, Steelclaw was known as Arctosteel, a special agent for Maximal government forces. His involvement in and knowledge of various interracial conflicts made him begin to question the moral standing of the Maximal political system and its effect of the perspectives of Maximal and Predacon citizens around the planet. In time, this developed into a a sympathy for the Predacons--who Arctosteel believed to be mistreated merely because of their Decepticon ancestry--and a condemnation of many Maximal practices, which seemed to him to be wrongfully preemptive or just plain wrong.

Arctosteel's shift in allegiance came after his failure to protect a Predacon from the fallout of her own private investigations which--though she did not know it--would have eventually uncovered the crimes of a Maximal politician. Deciding that Cybertron would only be fixed by revolution, Arctosteel sought out Megatron and assisted in the theft of the Golden Disk.

In the Beast Wars, Steelclaw's Maximal personality has made him something of an oddity to the Predacons and a mystery to the Maximals. In spite of this, he has managed to forge friendships among his allies as well as respectful associations with his enemies, including Whitegrazer and Orcariner. The execution by Megatron of Glowstick--a science officer very often paired with Steelclaw on their missions--hit the weapons expert hard and forces him now to confront many qualities he despises in the very 'bot he has entrusted with the changing of Cybertron. He is also completely unaware of the fact that he himself has terminated the Maximal named Icebreaker, who was Orcariner's closest companion.

Now Steelclaw must continue to wage his wars, internal and external, in the face of upgraded enemies, the continued threat of alien interference, and the impending revelation that the planet the Beast Wars are being fought on is none other than Earth.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES:
Pump action Gauss Rifle
Armed with standard and incendiary rounds. Equipped with flash-light.
Laser-armed mini gun
Six-barreled. Fires one laser-pulse per barrel per revolution. Powered by internal generator. Capable of half a megacycle of fire from full charge. Weight and size requires that it be left at base for those missions where it will not be predictably necessary.
Tironium-round Sniper rifle
Steelclaw has worked to reformat the ammunition for this weapon from its original state at the beginning of the Beast Wars, greatly increasing the puncturing power of each round. Full limits have not been tested yet, but two rounds proved capable of disabling a Vok sand-monster.
As a souvenir of his last mission in the agency, Steelclaw also possesses a single round made entirely of Death Crystal, fully compatible with his rifle.
Small PPC docked above left wrist (collapsible)
Raver Blade
Upon Glowstick's death, Steelclaw retrieved his friend's sword. From Glowstick's first season bio: "...large crystalline sword which channels plasma through it so as to combine blunt and plasma damage (Burning/melting+circuit frying) based off the user's stats. When inactive it's simply a clear glass like blade, but powering it up makes it appear as the image displayed generating heat and interfering with electricity and radio signals. Even further, it has two active modes. "Closed" at the top, and "Open" at the bottom which has the handle and blade extend increasing reach. In Glowstick's "hands" the blade glows blue, but if it's in another's like say StarShadow or Dinobot it'd glow magenta or green."

Abilities?
His beast mode is a bear. If he actually remembers to try, he can smell you from miles away.

Specialized items:
Upon Glowstick's death, Steelclaw also retrieved his medical supplies--though he'll need to do some reading and practice before he knows exactly what he's doing with them--and was granted access to Glowstick's research-laden computers.

WEAKNESSES: Steelclaw possesses respectable strength for his size, but he remains one of the smallest fighters in the Beast Wars; furthermore, his obsession with firearms has distracted him from maintaining a thorough understanding of hand-to-hand combat techniques, in spite of his being put through such courses in his training. This all leaves him incredibly vulnerable to experienced brawlers if and when he can not maintain his long-range advantage. And there are many experienced brawlers.

Steelclaw's beliefs can also, at times, put him at odds with the actions of his own team mates, or even with the specific commands of his leader, allowing for further disunity in the group and potentially placing Steelclaw in danger of retaliation from those who he disagrees with in those moments.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Looks good Blaze! Approved!
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

I LOVE Steelclaw's quote: "Yes, what can I shoot for you?" That's too cute!! :-D

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I updated Buster's profile to include a specialized item.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm not sure how, but you came up with something almost as awful as Jarate, only because Llama spit is just as vile as urine.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Blackrosefencer wrote:I LOVE Steelclaw's quote: "Yes, what can I shoot for you?" That's too cute!! :-D
Thank you! :D
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Ewwww....Buster's spit jar! Star would have nightmares! It reminds me of a time when someone spat on my hotpants accidently..
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Been out of the loop for a little bit, finally catching up on things here. Expressing some concern about Aerostriker. What's with the speed, NaitoKage?
Transmetal Jet:Augmenting Aerostriker's already incredible speed to the limit, operating with twin energon jet engines,two v-tol(vertical take off and landing) wing engines, and a Ramjet Aerostriker can break into supersonic speeds and even super-cruise for long distance travel.
Sounds a bit excessive and over-the-top. His speed is set at 10, but this sounds like it should really be 50, which would take up all of your points. :lol: Is that really necessary? I know swifts are fast and agile (love those birds), but "super-cruise for long distance travel" sounds a bit much. Granted this is a TransMetal form, but I wonder if he looses energy more quickly by going so fast (whether sudden or long-distance). He's not an albotrose or a Canadian goose who can fly non-stop for great distances. Even Optimus had his limits with his mach speeds, and I made sure they were applied. I mean, shouldn't Aero be one or the other and not both incredible short-distance speed and incredible long-distance speed?

Also, I'm not too comfortable about the target master Stag. Not sure why any character would need something like that in this game. I'm sorry, NK, but it just seems like your characters always have to be the best of the best, or have some sort of huge or unusual advantage to make them stand out. He has more than enough weapons for a TransMetal, what does he need an enhancement like Stag for?
"Well, that's just prime!"
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

In the original post I included the use of "external fuel tanks" to sustain such long flights, as the character being so small can only hold so much fuel and ammo, but removed it seeing as how we rarely use such fluff as rarely any character experiences energy issues as is. And while you say Primal seems exhausted after using his afterburners for thousands of miles, he hasn't had to mention filling up or using energon to get his systems going, just recharges while wandering around. Heck.. only ones who usually "refill" were Icebreaker and Starshadow.. though Starshadow's biting people was far less friendly then a energon canteen...

Anyway, I probably did overdo the flying a bit since Nem and Terrorsaur would of obviously seen something streaking in considering they're just as fast. Tantrum.. I dunno, it'd be like a fly buzzing by before the giant flash of firing his chest guns.

As for the target master functionality, it was the idea of using existing transformer technology to meet the sorta "co-pilot" used in usual fighter jet designs. I can get rid of him if you want and the ramjet too. Didn't think it'd be such a big deal since we have characters with advanced tactical battle computers, stealth space jets,psychic powers, regeneration,dual wielding sniper rifles, and such. Conventional fighter jet engines (well,maybe not the Ramjet, that was on the X 15..only reason we don't use those on planes is you have to already be going fast for them to even start.. ) and a Artificially intelligent gun is kinda tame compared to alot of the things we let fly.

Edit: Just re-read the weaknesses section.. I still had running out of fuel and firepower quickly as a weakness.. -_-
Last edited by NaitoKage on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I feel sort of compelled to point out that Orcariner's "tactical headset" acts pretty similar to Aerostriker's target master. Granted, I've never actually seen any TF shows/comics where the target master is used, but based on NK's written description and the RP post it was mentioned in, I believe they are pretty similar. Anyway, Orcariner's tactical headset feeds him information nonstop regardless what transformation mode he's in. A good example of it being put to use would be that last RP post I made when the big guy's trying to fly for the first time, or when he was analyzing his new body. The point I'm trying to make is that the concept has already been approved for an OC in Season 2 (mine) so it would be unfair to force NK to remove his target master. Now, if target master is considered to be unfair, then it's only right that Orcariner has to lose his tactical headset, as well.

I'll also agree that we have allowed some pretty sketchy powers/abilities/random stuff into the RPG. However, that's just what is listed in a character profile. What's important is that we pay attention to how the character is actually played in game. As long as people play fair and have fun, everything will be well. I've mentioned before that when submitting an OC for this game, you should be able to imagine your character being able to beat every other OC in a fight AND also imagine him/her losing to every other OC in a fight. There's a reason why everyone has the same stat total (or extra utility). All OCs are on the same playing field. If players can't agree to that, then they should get out of this game right now because no one wants them. Sounds pretty preachy, but every character is a "heavy-hitter" in his/her own right if written in a certain way. It's just the players' job to make sure they don't go overboard.

Enough of this rant. TL;DR

- I think target master is fine. If NK plays nice, the other kids will be happy.