Show characters that needed a little improvement

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Show characters that needed a little improvement

Unread post by Phoenix »

After debating left and right about how awesome the Beast Wars show/characters were, I started thinking about the characters that could have used a little boost in the personality development stage to achieve their full potential.

This post is by no means supposed to reflect characters in the rpg, but rather their show counterparts that may have been a little neglected by the writers. Just a little lost in the bigger picture, if you will.

The first one that comes to mind for me is AirRazor. Personally I never liked this character much, due to the often poor characterization given on the show. The character was given this over-the-top intro where she comes in and saves the day by kicking Terrorsaur's skidplate, yet the overall personality of the character left much to be desired for me. It didn't take very long for the writers to start having her away on scouting expeditions, teaming her up with Tigatron only to cast them both aside and have them merged into an overly powerful creation that came and went at the blink of an eye.

Speaking of which.. Tigerhawk was another character that was desperate for a personality/clarification of his skills and backstory. His presence did not really contribute much to the overall epic-ness of the bw saga and I fear his existence will be forgotten in the history books.

Scorponok is yet another forgotten spark who despite his role as a second in command/season 1 skidplate cleaner for Megatron/inventor of backfiring contraptions, just seemed to be lacking his place in the hierarchy. His bland personality just made it difficult to truly care what happened to him.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Scorponok for sure. I remember there was a topic on the least-liked character, and Scorpy was universally chosen.
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

What?! I loved ol Scorpy! I felt so sorry when he was dragged into the lava. Idiotic scientist minion for the win! :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

I agree! Airazor was portrayed as very proud and strong individual but also reserved and quiet. I don't think this type of personality really fit too well with the rest of the shows characters who were otherwise very talkative bots. Not to mention her dry and often cheesy sense of humor didn't do her any good I assume. haha.

I like Scorponok , but I agree that I never really cared what happened to him. Both he and Terrorsaur both were melted into a pit of lava and after that they were only ever mentioned once by Blackarachnia in the same episode (or maybe it was the following episode, I don't remember).

Besides them, I think Quickstrike could have also done with a bit more characterization. I think hes the most commonly forgot about character in the show. He was funny, but his personality didn't go too far beyond "i'm a tough cowboy, sugarbot!".