Long term plan?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

NaitoKage wrote:30 character brawls
!!!

lol anyhoo, ok lemme see if I can grasp what you're saying:

- use the OC Episodes to introduce OC's
- use OC Episodes to flex OC's since they get little face time in the canon RPG
- use minor canon characters in OC episodes
- 30 character brawls are awesome............not?
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Yes, you got all the key points. 30 person brawls are hard to keep track of essentially.
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by New Moon »

So I;ve read the rules and the character I currently ahve will be waiting awhile, so that's cleared up. If it is alright with everyone else do you mind if I could perhaps make another character for the OC episodes then later on could bring in Feralnight?
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

According to the rules, if you have 2 OC's you have to ally them on opposing factions. However, since your current OC is labeled as "neutral" you might want to check with Tor or Blazemane to see if your new OC's faction is acceptable.
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by New Moon »

Since they have to eb opposing teams I decided to make Feralnight a maximal. There are loners but they are on factions so I changed my mind on eh rbeing neutral.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I noticed that some people like Wintersong won't be able to post for a period of time, leaving their characters inactive. Maybe we should have a system that allows them to temporarily shift control to another player. NaitoKage did a really good job handling a character that's not his, not to mention the fact that he's controlling two other characters at the same time. Also, I'm curious as to how much we can control the other OC's in our posts. I'm going to put this out there:

- I personally don't mind if someone includes dialogue for Orcariner as long as they can pull it off (just read the bio, old posts, short story, etc.). Just don't include his thoughts.

- I personally don't mind if they control his actions as long as Orcariner isn't significantly affected. Good example: We're in a fight, and Xzuk jumps on Orcariner's shoulders to use him as a sniping tower. Bad example: Xzuk introduces a killer Vok robot that splits Orcariner in half.

I dunno if anyone else feels the same way.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Heh.. just past experience.. I used to be a moderator with Optimal Optimus Primal (The one from here) on a beastwars roleplay for 3 years. I believe we allowed up to 7 characters per player..So from that I learned how to keep track of nightmares like that. Warwulf, Phoenix, and Venatrix all came from that same game.

You pretty much nailed it on the head for what you can probably do for actions. In the case of Lineos I'm not too worried, since he's still dragging that stasis pod he's going to be slower then the others. Eventually I'm sure he'll catch up.. who knows, maybe even save the day. *L*

And Snow trix again not worried, her character enjoys scouting around so randomly disappearing isn't that unusual.

Moonshine I'm going to try to get to post more (the introduction of Icebreaker wasn't just to to fill in the outnumbered maximals, but also to get her to want to interact more. When people play games like these, they often end up sticking to people they know or feel comfortable around. Though she has also been busy lately with school and recent happy events and so on..)

I do find it rather funny that in the end Glowstick is pretty much collecting most the characters..
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

NaitoKage wrote:Heh.. just past experience.. I used to be a moderator with Optimal Optimus Primal (The one from here) on a beastwars roleplay for 3 years. I believe we allowed up to 7 characters per player..
Jaw just dropped. Respect.
NaitoKage wrote: Moonshine I'm going to try to get to post more (the introduction of Icebreaker wasn't just to to fill in the outnumbered maximals, but also to get her to want to interact more. When people play games like these, they often end up sticking to people they know or feel comfortable around. Though she has also been busy lately with school and recent happy events and so on..)
As long as she doesn't mind, I think the other Maximal players are willing to help her out.
NaitoKage wrote:I do find it rather funny that in the end Glowstick is pretty much collecting most the characters..
*does Heath Ledger Joker impression*

"It's all...part of the plan."
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Heh.. just past experience.. I used to be a moderator with Optimal Optimus Primal (The one from here) on a beastwars roleplay for 3 years. I believe we allowed up to 7 characters per player..So from that I learned how to keep track of nightmares like that. Warwulf, Phoenix, and Venatrix all came from that same game.
Ahhhh Those where the good old days... Yeeeesssss.....
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]