What About... (a What If and more though)

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

What About... (a What If and more though)

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

I figured since this might inspire some fanfic authors out there, I'd place it here in the Console section. If not in the right place, I apologize in advance. (sorry, brain kinda sorta dead syndrome (BKSDS) acting up)

WHAT if, (this can be used by anyone with an imput of something they saw on Beast Wars that wasn't used in the series):

What was the body that Optimus Primal was revived in like before it went offline? Could it explain Primal's behaviour in Beast Machines? Why wasn't it explored?

I've been thinking about it for a while but I haven't been able to think of a solution.

Anyone here have any thoughts?

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

do you mean the blank protoform before he got his TM body?

if yes, then its an intersting cocept. i dont think NOBODY's thought of it before, it's just never been explored practically or on paper. in the reformatting, the oracle says something like "finally a receptive spark" right? i suppose its possible that he floated about in th matrix for a while during after math and fuzors.

plus, rhinox in fallout say his spark had REJOINED the matrix. you could have a lok at that too, coz we know that he went through an interdimensional ion trail or whatever it is in search of optimus' spark...

hows that? its definately interesting. i read this post at 6:30 this morning and my brain just went...mmmuuuh? now that i got what you're saying, i love it! way to go on the thinkingness and the complexity-of-sub-plot observations...ahem

EDIT:
i JUST read your qu properly...god i am stupid. i do that in my exams too i have to read it a few times before i answer it properly otherwise its time wated! (here it comes...) DUH!

that qu could raise the true intentions and design of the stasis pod. i used to think thts how transformers were born, but once i started doing actual research and what the directors said about it...yup well, you know the plot right?

perhaps you could explore a TF's choice t actualy submit themselves as a protoform (that is how it done, right?) and then not realising they've died. the satsis pod was ablank, right? try to make sense of it, and you come up with a thousand more questions! do its family know about it? what if BM never happened and the crew had to explain its dead crew? yup...thts almost what my fic is about...ladeedah too much information seeping through my fingertips...STOPIT! dang

okay...if any of this has made any sense please tellme. i find it easie when ppl stay silent, then i get that iv gont on a rantom again! lol :mr green:
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
VelociBerg

Unread post by VelociBerg »

It is indeed an interesting concept that I've thought of on occasion, though I've never felt the urge to turn it into a fanfic.
Could it explain Primal's behaviour in Beast Machines? Why wasn't it explored?
My two cents.

I don't think it could. Primal exhibited the exact same behavior he always had (aside from being pissed off at Megatron for blowing him up, go Megs! Ahem.) In fact, I'd say taking Prime's spark into his body altered his behavior the most for both BW and BM, rather than a blank protoform. The way I think of it, a blank protoform is like a piece of paper. Each piece of paper is exactly identical until something is written on it, in this case the paper had "Optimus Primal" stamped all over it. The same goes for TM2 Dinobot, with a little tweaking from Megatron for loyalty to the Predacon cause.
[img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/271/megsbannerzo5.png[/img]
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

That's an interesting concept, indeed. Though I always thought it was more of the virus that Megs used that affected Primal (and everyone else, for that matter).

After all, who says that bug didn't do more than revert them to Pre-TM forms and disabled transformations? :wink:
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
Unvereitletmann

Unread post by Unvereitletmann »

I think that maybe the fusion with that blank protoform might have some reaction on primal's behavior. Since it had no spark I don't believe that any consequence would reflect on the mind, but in the body instead (I'm not refering to the transmetalized process). Also as someone mentioned earlier, as his spark could have recieved some kind of enlightening during his trip/stay at the matrix. Really dunno it's just an idea. The best example I can come up with is like when people "dies" and then all of a sudden they return, their whole perspective changes.
Quite good Idea, I think this plot might make a hell of an episode!

ImageImage
Unvereitletmann. Never defeated is the invincible warrior.At service to death.
VelociBerg

Unread post by VelociBerg »

Unvereitletmann wrote: Also as someone mentioned earlier, as his spark could have recieved some kind of enlightening during his trip/stay at the matrix.
Actually I was thinking more along the lines that some personality programming from Prime rubbed off on Primal. But I guess the matrix counts too.
[img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/271/megsbannerzo5.png[/img]