Preliminary BotCon '06 notes

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Outtsyder
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Preliminary BotCon '06 notes

Unread post by Outtsyder »

I keep forgetting to report this, since I got the e-mail about a week ago. It's only a small tidbit, but kind of helpful in slightly fracturing any mystery about what up with BotCon this year. I found out that the Leader of the TF Collectors' Club, Brian Savage, has flown out to check out a city sometime this past week. If things work out, he hopes to make an announcement by the end of February, regarding the location and dates for this year's BotCon.

Outtsyder
"We can't ignore the danger. We must conquer it."
- G1 Optimus Prime
"Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough."
- G1 Megatron
Tigerhawk

Unread post by Tigerhawk »

Any BW exclusives this year.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/ViperCLKGTR/thfclubbanner2.jpg[/img]

"Surrender or be Destroyed, Violence will not be tolerated!"
--Tigerhawk--
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

That's good, Outtsyder, thank you for informing us.

I can't rely on the Tfs Club site for prompt information because they were horrible at posting updates last year and they still are now. Will they be using yet another site instead of the Tfs Club or BC sites? :roll:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Outtsyder
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Outtsyder »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:That's good, Outtsyder, thank you for informing us.

I can't rely on the Tfs Club site for prompt information because they were horrible at posting updates last year and they still are now. Will they be using yet another site instead of the Tfs Club or BC sites? :roll:
They have a new message board forum that the TF Club, which opened around November or so; however, it's a Members-Only forum, so only TF Club members can access it. Thus far, as far as updates are concerned, while there's been nothing earth-shattering yet, they have been pretty prompt in letting us know about the gradual process on some aspects. Examples include this year's free-exclusive toy when joining the club or renewing your membership (they've already announced its identity), the steps in getting Club-only exclusives approved by Hasbro and Takara (Hasbro has approved it; we need to wait for Takara's okay), and of course, Brian Savage checking out the cities for a location. They also said they have some prototypes for this year's Convention Exclusive(s) (but no names or models have been released yet).

So what I'm thinking they're doing... they'll be giving us tidbits on the progress of the different facets of the Convention and Club, and once there's a finalization on the plans, they'll post it in the more "public" pages on the site.

Outtsyder
"We can't ignore the danger. We must conquer it."
- G1 Optimus Prime
"Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough."
- G1 Megatron
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Huh. I guess. :wink: Maybe I should become a *shudder* member. :D Heh heh. Thank you, Outtsyder.
"Well, that's just prime!"