What happens..

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Killshandra

What happens..

Unread post by Killshandra »

What happens when it's 1am and you talk to someone nostalgic for your fanfiction? Something weird like this comes flying out. In the first bit of writing on the subject in ...nearly six years, I bring this short, possible prologue. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually start writing this stuff on a regular basis again.

Revitalize

The roaring murmur of the city below was deafening. Chilled and icy was the wind at this altitude, curved and harsh around the very tips of skyscrapers, splitting the sky into a torrent of currents.

The lights moved below. All of the civilians in their peaceful little lives, carrying on as if the world existed solely for their own entertainment.

The lights moved above. Hundreds of ships, both going and coming, en route to whatever destination their computer guidance systems sent them on. No problems, no worries.

It made her sick.

In this world, this vast planet of technological commodities and computer interfaces where war was no longer a threat. No, war had ceased ever so many years ago. The children these days had no concept of it. Even those who stood to be adults had no memory of those long ago wars. Factions had fought, the planet had been divided, and the battles had raged across galaxies. All to settle after so many long years into a peace, the two factions now divided in name alone as they worked together for the greater good.

How blind, they really all were.

Few bothered, or even dared to look beneath the surface of the fragile peace that lay before the people. Even fewer dared to imagine the levels to which the webs had been woven, where each move made by their political puppets brought the edge of war ever closer. It was a slow, but steadily rising tide that would never be stemmed. This much, she knew.

Now as she stood there, looking down from the height of all the glory that this empire of machines had created, she knew that it would tumble and crack. It would all fall to ruin.

The sudden pickup of wind nearby tore her attention away from the city view, as a ship passed by. Far too close for things to be normal, she focused in, but without the chance to check the name of the vessel as it passed, she could only stand and watch as it sped upward. It was the following vehicle which caught her eye. It wasn’t sleek, or as fast as the previous ship, but it would fulfill its purpose. This was a pursuit.

She watched until both of the ships had disappeared from sight, up into the space above and to heaven knew where. They would be back, of that she was sure.

It was the explosions that she never saw coming. The building trembled and quaked. The city lights, so bright and gleaming just moments before, flickered, and began to die in a flood of darkness that swept out as far as she could see. The light of fires instead replaced them, cropping up in an almost systematic pattern of destruction.

Walls cracked, the roar enveloped the air, and the planet shook.

Cybertron was dying. It heaved with each resounding explosion. Buildings crumbled, and citizens died.

At the height of the world, where the wind howled hard and the very air shook; where the Axalon had made its final departure, and the planet quaked in the throes of death.

Killshandra bore witness.

(For any and all that know and remember me from, you know, forever ago, I love you all.)
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

coolness...thats really deep

HI! *jumps and waves*

i'm Jag and uh...welcome back to here? i saw you online but my net connection was on the fritz...

ahem...

hi!!! :oops: :lol:
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB