hobbies and interests...

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

hobbies and interests...

Unread post by Jagna »

okay there may already be a post for this but i dont know...i think for old and new members this would be an interesting thread to find out what else we all have in common as well as beast wars...okay should i start? ahem...

im still at school. currently doing AS levels and will be leaving for eng prob after next year. subjects being studies...by me:
Drama
English Lit
Geography

im into theatre, singing and dance. hoping to go to a good drama college and go into pro theatre. or film...m not picky! :wink:

love cats (big & small)

Food: pasta,rice, pizza, strawberries (who dosnt?)

ladedah...spare time: KAST the Kuwait Youth Theatre; dance class; choir; daily exercises...does anybody here do/has done the duke of edinburgh award? (it international award over here) im on my gold!

I LOVE BEAST WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

okay....now i want to know more about everyone else. ie tv shows, hobbie, pet? i have a cat and tortoises and i LOVE stargate

plz..somebody else post! i feel selfish... :oops:
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
fizzybird

Unread post by fizzybird »

Aww, don't feel that way Jag, at least, not right now :P

Anyhoo, my little something.
I'm also still in school (kinda high school thingy...sorta... (hopefully) will have to stay at least two more years... Why is VWO so hard to reach?!!)

I'm expected to bring Biology as my subject worth studying later on in life (unfortunately I'll also need the best grade in math if I ever want to have an application at uni's)

My hobbies: read, draw, eat (a little), watch tv.

Spare time: Since I don't do many sport activities anymore, I stay home.
It's sad, I know.

Food: I adore pizza, pasta, apples and giambo (local dish).

Oh, and I'm a dog person.
I miss my dogs a load!! :cry:
Well that's about it.
Yachi

Unread post by Yachi »

You....probably don't want the whole list of my hobbies. You'll nod off, I guarantee it. Want the quickie version?

Nowadays? I sculpt a lot. Gonna start a few Beast Wars pieces soon. Other than that, I write. About everythin'. And then I draw. Not anime, though, I draw slag in that style. Really detailed stuff. Same goes for my sculptures.

In university, me. Second year. English major, though I can't stand it. Should've gone into art, since that's pretty much what I do best. Classes I study currently are Children's Literature, Culture & Ideas from the French Revolution Until Present and American Literature. Yeah, that's me. The Canadian learning American literature. Suprise, surprise, eh? :wink:

And I only watch TV shows with really great characters. Story? Pshaw. I could go without, jus' as long as there's a character I really like. Crazy little me.
Charlie was a scientist, but Charlie is no more.
For Charlie thought that H2o was H2So4.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

My turn! *claps* :lol:

I'm a full-time worker in quality control for a manufactorying company. Not where I want to be, and certainly not what I went to college for, but the people are awesome, the work isn't stressful, and they really want me to stay. LoL I had majored in Digital Art and graduated, unfortunately, with my location, I haven't found any work I'd be interested in when it comes to editting video, making DVD's and so forth. -.- That's why I'm stuck where I am now, and I feel like I've drifted away from digital art, save for the recreational things I do in Photoshop.

Jagna, I wish I had taken your path because I'd really like to get into voice acting. Now I'll have to dish out more money for lessons and travel. >.< I also wish I had the confidence and guts to have been in plays while I was in high school, that would have helped me a lot. But I did take a drama class and I loved it. I feel like I'm wasting so much time now. :?

I love cats, too. They're the best. I always argue with my friend because she prefers dogs. I love all animals, but cats are awesome, especially Siamese and cougars and tigers. :D

Hobbies? I have a bunch although I don't get to do most of them often. Drawing, reading, bowling, paintball, laser tag, roller blading, horse back riding, dirt biking, bicycling, watching TV, RPing on-line, sledding, going to the movies, video games.

Food? Anything Italian. XD I love cereal too, and ice cream. Almost anything that has chocolate is awesome. LoL

I'm not good at drawing animé either, Yachi. Which I guess is weird because I love drawing and painting BW, and that's pretty detailed stuff, but I just stink with animé. LoL I'll stick with Tfs and Nicktoons and the Lion King and whatnot. :wink:

Other shows I love watching besides BW include StarGate SG-1, 24, House, Boston Legal, Family Guy, the Simpsons, Futurama, CSI:, CSI: NY, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Invader Zim, SpongeBob, Angry Beavers, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends... I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them all. :P
"Well, that's just prime!"
CabooseMoose7103

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

Student, in my final semester of High School. After that, college for a degree in Computer Engineering.

I work on the side fixing computers. Lately most of my work has been volunteer stuff. I work for a not-for-profit. I've been spending long hours there fixing stuff and moving in new equipment. Be nice if I charged my standard fees (money is nice to have), but I'm too much of a nice guy. :)

Despite my interest in technology, I'm really drawn to web design (taking a class on it right now, it's an absolute blast!), video editing (when I get spare time... :? ), some graphic design (I can't draw very well, but I like messing around with digital images). I'm hoping to pick up some 3D animation skills, I've had a few ideas kicking around in my head that require some 3D work. At this point I haven't done any more than make a few chess pieces in a tutorial.

Dogs, cats, fish, chinchillas, I like almost any pet... except spiders... ewwww...

Hobbies... well, I like hot-air ballooning, skiing, video games, reading, conquering the world, fiddling around with technology, and bunch of other stuff...

Foodz r teh yum! Italian (pasta fagioli = win), Chinese, Mexican, pizza, and sugar >.>

You could always just do video stuff on the side, OOP. That's what I do. I've done a couple video projects for people.
Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

CabooseMoose7103 wrote:Student, in my final semester of High School.
Where I'm at currently: ...I wonder if an Upper Secondary School is the same as a High School? Anywho, my first matriculation examination exam is this Friday, so I'll get to leave Arkadia in Spring 2008. And then I'll hopefully get into an university and start studying English philology (sp?), specializing in translation. :D I'll try and remember to take Geography and Japanese as minor subjects.

My favorite school subjects: Geography, English, History and Religion (only when we're talking about Far-Eastern religions, like Shinto, Buddhism and Taoism...).

Yup.. my hobbies: Reading, writing, finding out stuff (yea, I love researching), swimming, collecting TFs. And my favorite pastimes: watching different animes and playing free RPGs (such as Laxius Power and Everlong).

And I have a cat. A red, 13-year-old she-cat who loves humans and acts towards us, her family, like a dog (follows us around and talks to us, namely). Now she's snoozing on my bed, right next to my computer-desk. (She's so cute she makes me cry. ^^;; )
And I only watch TV shows with really great characters. Story? Pshaw. I could go without, jus' as long as there's a character I really like.
I do that sometimes, though usually I watch shows which have characters I like AND a good story. "Prison Break" is one of them... strange enough my favorite character in the show is the religious weirdo played by Peter Stormare.
Animes and cartoons are some things I love to watch (Gundam series, Saint Seiya, Ronin Warriors, Bleach, DNAngel, Ring ni Kakero, B'tX, Fuuma no Kojiro, Transformers, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Ranma, Inuyasha, you name it.) Oh yea, I'm scriptwriting Headmasters and Masterforce fandubs (FyerSpawn is dubbing them, you'll find them at TFCog's forums). If you like the dubs, wait for Masterforce 3. I scriptwrote that one.

I'm also a slight movie freak. I'm one of those people who like to watch historical epics and fantasy. I've seen King Arthur, Troy and many other movies of that kind (and I've seen Richard Harris's "The Apocalypse" twice. The special effects never cease to amaze me.).
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo