Fan Fiction - how into it are you?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

RobotInDisguise

Unread post by RobotInDisguise »

I'll say that I read it and I write it for now.
There's more to that than meets the eye.
Victors do not spurn opportunity.

Nerdicons, combine to form Omniscious!
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

Heeheehee.... XD I just HAD to answer this since I've just picked up 5 fanfics to read.... bwahahaha....

Long ago, back in.... eh, 10th grade I stumbled across an old site belonging to SnowBlaze, a winged snow leopard. She was into BW and a lil G1. Her fics were absolutely AWESOME. Then I discovered the almighty Lady Dementia's BW fanfics (especially the "How I spent My Summer Vacation" series). I was HOOKED. I'd written stories before (VERY old and crappy ones that will NEVER be shown to anyone :roll: )
but after reading those fics I leapt into the realm of writing Beast Wars fanfiction. I've been writing ever since, though I don't write as much as I used to. Sometimes this thing called 'life' gets in the way, it's so annoying....

As far as reading fan fiction, generally all I read is BW and G1 stuff. XD I prefer holding a paper copy to reading on the computer though, so I have a filing-cabinet drawer STUFFED with fanfics from Lady Dementia, Sapphire, Sinead, Nurann, and maaany others I've gathered over the years (all color-coordinated with different colored folders!). I have to be careful when I open the drawer cuz it's so heavy it might tip over the entire cabinet. I have some in my laptop too. I prefer action and comedy stuffs, but I've read my fair share of scary and romance fics too.

At the moment I'm trying to dig up scary fics for inspiration for something I'm writing.... just trying to see if I can write something other than comedy... bwahahaha...

And there is a ladybug sitting on my keyboard. O_o

--Starath :mrgreen:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Blaze Raptor

Unread post by Blaze Raptor »

I generally dislike writing and even when I do have something I'd like to write, I tend to have trouble thinking of the right words to say.

I used to read a whole lot of fics but not so much anymore. I've probably got enough fics printed out to fill a couple phone books o__O The fics that I tend to read and enjoy the most are the ones that I (after searching for a while) find on my own. I like fics that are easy for me to picture in my mind (I love to draw so I think that's why *shrug*). I think I like action-filled, comedy or thought-provoking stories the best. Well, and I'm a little partial towards fics with DB in them. LOL I wonder why! I've probably read just about every DB fic out there (some of them are very scary >.<)
"I knew coming here was a bad idea. I should have listened to my mother and become an accountant but, no, I had to become a Musha Gundam!"
- Cobramaru from SD Gundam after being annoyed by the Zakos from Zako Zako Hour.