Botcon 2007

A place for inactive but important threads to be kept for reference.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Okay, this is an updated picture of me so that those who are coming up to Botcon can see what i look like now. Yes, my hair IS that curly. And that's Kisa, my kitten, at 7 weeks of age on my 21st birthday, which was on June 4th. Yay me! I can drink at Botcon . . . though I would much rather prefer not to.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Awe, great picture, Sinead!

Your kitten is adorable! I looooove kittens! XD

Happy belated birthday!!! *gives Sinead a cupcake with a candle lit on it* ^.^

I won't be drinking at the BotCon either since I don't drink at all. I dislike the taste of alcohol very much and would rather drink a Pepsi or root beer instead. Or even water. 8)

*gasp* Your picture reminded me that I do have a more recent picture of myself! Well, if you consider recent being about 4 or 5 months ago. XD :lol: I remembered because it's the only nice one I have with my cat. I should take more since she's so old. :? Here ya go! Yours truly with my blue-point Siamese, Sanuk (pronounced: suh-nook) at thirteen years of age. The lighting is bad and it's a little blurry but that's what happens when someone else doesn't know how to operate the digital camera and the cat gets tired of being held so long. :lol: If I have a chance, I'll take a better one this weekend. My hair is a bit longer now, and it isn't naturally curly like Sinead's. XD Sometimes I wish it was!

"Well, that's just prime!"
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

Hey gang, got some fun news. The girlfriend can attend! :D Only problem is, she needs a room. I've already talked to Saph about it, and I wanna see if there are any others who might be able to help out, just in case she (The girlfriend unit) can't afford Saph's room. ^_^;
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Botcon.com has been updated with an image of what the artwork looks like for the boxset. Very spiffy!

http://www.botcon.com/
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

:lol: Girlfriend unit! Brilliant. :lol:
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

Alright, now that I've had time to actually READ wtf has been going on in this thread, instead of making a post due to randomly thinking about doing it while falling asleep and deciding to do it before it's forgetten in the morning...

I just destroyed the English language.

So this arcade/bar/resturant place... Ya gotta be 21 to get in? O_o I've been to plenty of bars. Always thought it was "18 to chill, 21 to spill"

But since I'm only 6 months away from 21... I apparently need a guardian to have fun. >_> WHO WANTS TO HELP THIS HUNGRY CRAB IN NEED?!
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

*looks over the box art* .... *sniff* Makin' me wish I cudda gotten the set... I luffs the jets so.... *pokes at screen and whines*

O_o You know somethin' OOP, I've never seen you til now, but you look exactly like someone I knew in high school. o_o Ever been to Minnesota?

I'll be in Boston on the 27th, going up (down? I dunno my geography) tp Providence the next day. Who else is hitting Boston? Sinead knows of a hotel but I wanna make sure I can share a room with somebody that night. I apologize in advance if I turn out to be a basketcase due to travelling. @_x This will be a new experience for me.

And Crab, we forgive you for mangling the English language. Just don't do it again. :wink: =P

--Starath :mrgreen:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

O_o You know somethin' OOP, I've never seen you til now, but you look exactly like someone I knew in high school. o_o Ever been to Minnesota?
:lol: No, I have not, Starath. Why do people always tell me I look like someone else they know?! One of my bank tellers told me I looked just like her neighbor above her apartment. That freaked me out. My mom's father's girlfriend had told me twice (by bad memory before she passed away) that I looked like an actress. She couldn't remember who and I never found out, which still irks me to this day. :lol: Just this past Friday a cashier at Wal-Mart said I looked like someone she knew from school. "Is your name Melissa?" she asked me. I awkwardly said, "No." She asked, "What is your name?" I said, "It's Candice." Then she asked, "Do you come here a lot?" "Sometimes, after work on Fridays," I told her. Duh, I've gone through her line several times now. XD She just said, "Oh." This is starting to drive me crazy! But I have yet to meet anyone who resembles me except for my mom and sisters.
Curse Hawkwind

Unread post by Curse Hawkwind »

so at this point is it certain if david kaye is the only guest?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Legato001/Dinobot.jpg[/img]
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

It's already been confirmed by the people themselves that Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman(sp?)-- the writers of the movie-- as well as Don Figueroa and Simon Furman will be there. No official announcement yet, though.. they're really cutting it close...
Last updated April 25th
Curse Hawkwind

wow
the convention itself is next week
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

they're really cutting it close...
As usual. I recall this happening many times, if not all of them. MechaCon has been the only convention that I've attended so far to have all of their guests confirmed months before the convention even happens. Pfff.

With the movie coming out, you'd think they'd have more voices attending this year. It's a shame I missed out last year with all of the BW voices. But it will be nice to see David again, and give him some artwork this time.
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

The Botcon folks usually have everything about guests and the like revealed by the time it's a month before the convention, if I remember correctly.
Last updated April 25th
Curse Hawkwind

but its not a month before hand, its like.....a week...tops
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

Maybe it has something to do with the 2nd surprise they have for us? *is still trying to figure out what it is*

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"