Botcon 2007

A place for inactive but important threads to be kept for reference.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Miss Special

Unread post by Miss Special »

...yeah, that was pretty darn full of fail. :wink: For that, your confirmation letter will be delayed! Ha ha! Because I totally have power over the postal service!

"Do not feed the bears" signs are pretty well-known, at least in the States. (I think Yogi Bear had something to do with it.)

As for photos, I look like me. Yes.
[img]http://bwint.net/infernoclubbanner.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/thfclubbanner2.jpg[/img]
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Sapphire wrote:Btw, I emailed everybody a request to submit photos of themselves, so I can distribute them on the mailing list so we can identigy each other in person on registration night. Only two people responded. Don't tell me the rest of y'all are too shy? :P It's not compulsory, but I just thought I'd mention it. ^_^
Aren't there photos from last years' Botcon somewhere on the website? If anyone wants to find out what what anybody looks like who went to last years' Botcon, just look there. I mean, honestly, I'm dressed a lot better in most of those photos than I normally am day-to-day.

I'm the goofy dork in the blue shirt with glasses and acne.

I promise to be slightly less goofy this year, but only SLIGHTLY.

Also, "identigy" is my new word of the week.

EDIT: Ah, here they are:

http://www.bwint.net/botcon2006photos.htm
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

:lol: :lol: :lol: BRILLIANT!! CRAZY!! LOVE IT!!

I thought I had some idea of what to expect.. fortunately the pictures confirm everything.. except for the flying monkeys.. oh well.. can't win them all... WAIT!! ITS GARY! HE'S A FLYING MONKEY!! #braces for another frozen waffle attack#

Slag! Curse Miss Special's abilities to be... well... special.. and... create annoyances for this poor aussie farmboy (wait that description isn't true true!! :wink: ) HEY HEY BOO BOO LET'S GET SOME PICINIC BASKETS!
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

FLYING MONKEY!! *does a flying glomp to catch said flying monkey*

Seeing as I have no recent (or "good") photos of myself, you shall know me the first day by my purple, hand-painted "Know Your Roots" tank top. It's got shiney writing on it. You can't miss it. ;)

Er, I did find some old photos of the first Gathering, though, if that works... Oh yeaaaah, we never did get around to making those "special" photos, did we? ;)
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

#Silver enters the room as Nurann crashes past chasing an airborne simian# Why do all my ideas get carried away?

"Special" photos? Hmmm.... I'm beginning to like this Botcon concept more and more :wink:

Shiny. Shiny is always good. As is purple. Now with purple and shiny you get... well... Megatron :D

Yes dear...
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Beastbot, why didn't I think of that? *has a D'oh! moment* Well, all the BWINT Botcon noobs this year can send me photos, and as for the BC veterans, I'll send a link 'round to everyone on the mailing list to the Botcon '06 photos page. It'll save me time and effort. Thanks for reminding me of that, Beastbot. My site's gotten so big I forget what's on there sometimes. O_o
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

I'm hungry.

Please feed me.

But in all seriousness... xD

I'm still waiting for my confirmation letter. Though being the begining of June, I'm starting to get a wee bit nervous. I'm already starting to guess what I'll have to do if it doesn't come in. O_o I'm a paranoid mofo.

And I'm still hungry.
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

#sigh# all right #presents another kitten#

If nothing comes about then we storm the Botcon defences!

#cut to scene of BWint rabble tearing towards the Botcon doors. Door subsequently transforms into giant security droids and stand in our way# Hmmm... this could be tricky. OOP! THE WAFFLES!

Yes dear...
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

Got the confirmation letter. My pickup is at 5:30! :D

Now, to make sure my stomach doesn't eat itself and I have 30 minutes left to live. (Starath will get it xD)
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
Curse Hawkwind

Unread post by Curse Hawkwind »

The Crab wrote:I'm hungry.

Please feed me.

But in all seriousness... xD

I'm still waiting for my confirmation letter. Though being the begining of June, I'm starting to get a wee bit nervous. I'm already starting to guess what I'll have to do if it doesn't come in. O_o I'm a paranoid mofo.

And I'm still hungry.
join the club....i just cant remember who's house its being sent to...my moms or my dads...so im nervous at least one parent is going to throw it out on accident
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Legato001/Dinobot.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

WAIT!! ITS GARY! HE'S A FLYING MONKEY!! #braces for another frozen waffle attack#
:lol: I'll let you off the hook this time, Silver. :wink: Besides, I don't want to break another waffle. XD
Hmmm... this could be tricky. OOP! THE WAFFLES!
I'm on it! *grabs some waffles and syrup and starts eating them* Mmmm. Waffles. *looks at them* What? Ooooh. Right. Frozen waffles of doom away! *starts tossing frozen waffles at the security droids*

Bow chicka bow wow.
"Well, that's just prime!"
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

#slaps head as OOP begins eating waffles# :lol:

I thank you for granting me mercy at this point (whilst remaining highly paranoid for an airbourne pelting of pastry :D )

Glad to hear that yours came through Crab. I'll redouble me efforts with the dance of summoning :D

Yes dear...
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Hey guys, I just thought of something that might turn out to be a problem. Dave & Buster's is an adult bar and arcade, meaning that only people over 21 can get in by themselves, and people under 21 can only get in if they're accompanied by someone who's 25 or older. I know there's some people that are in the group that are under 21, and I'm 23. Is there anyone coming that's 25 or older?
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

24 and lovin it :D

Now who is this Dave and Buster of which you speak?

Yes dear...
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Still waiting on my confirmation letter. I hope it comes in tomorrow .... that'd be wonderful. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow . . . for ageing reasons. XD

Anywhos!

The only difference between how I looked last year and this year is that my hair is shorter, and it's getting curly again. That's it. And my style of dressing is a bit more . . . hm. Well, defined. Crab will tell you! Right, bro? You'll let 'em know about my punkish style. Ish? That's not defined . . .

Rambling, sorry. Been a long week with new kittens and .... *giggles, goes to post*
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!