Aussie TF Fan

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aussie TF Fan

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

G'day all,

my name's Joseph and I'm a 23 year old engineering student from Australia who is just finishing up my industrial training. Meaning that by November, I will be free, cashed-up and head over to Japan and good 'ol US of A. I am currently hunting around for any hint of a convention in either country and would really appreciate any information at all. Also, I'm going to need things to do and people to meet, so if anyone is interested in making friends with a whacky, tall, blonde, boy from down under I'd be interested in making friends with you. :) So that's me. I look forward to many long and interesting rants about BW, TF and the ever delicate issue of whether Beast Machines was a worthy successor of Beast Wars :wink:

-Joe
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Welcome to BWInt SilverfromOZ! Cool!! I don't think we have a lot of members from Australia! So who is your favorite character?

I'm Nurannoniel The Insane Mutant Elf, Nurann for short. I'm a die-hard season 1 Op fan, freaky-looking elf, and from a somewhat dull section of western Canada.

:P and no, BM was disqualified as soon as someone coined the term "technorganic". An organic alt. mode is one thing, but once a 'bot becomes part meat-sack, they just aren't a true TF 'bot anymore! ;)
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hi Nurannoniel,

yes we are few, but we are proud. Actually, I think there are more out there than are recorded, however it is hard to join everyone together unless they joina forum. One time, I was standing in line at a concert with a mate of mine and I was doing the usual rant about BW and voice impressions and the guy standing in front of us turns around and says "Man I loved the dragon mode of Megatron!!" and then we talked until we got in. Never saw him again because everyone is too lazy to get contact details,etc.

Lol so I take it NOT a fan of BM. :lol: Beast Machines was a strange thing for me. I saw previews for it at my uncle's house (he has cable TV I do not) and the way it looked wierded me out. So I boycotted it for ages. Then I got the last couple episodes on DivX and I was actually quite impressed with the Primal vs Megatron fight which I have since claimed to be what the Neo vs Agent Smith fight should have been like in Matrix Revolutions, but that's another rant for another forum. :wink: It was a series that eventually grew on me because of it's story. I was ranting to another mate of mine a couple of days ago about the series and explained that the story is really cool with Cheetor's coming of age thing, Rhinox showing the potential darkness in every Transformer's spark and and aforementioned awesome fight at the end. However, it did lose alot and the voice actors hated it for obvious reasons. Rattrap because a shadow of his former glory, Optimus became the mystic which was cool, but should have been the mystic that kicks major tailpipe. So I basically like BM as a series but not as a complete follow-on to BW.

My favourite character is a difficult question. My tastes wax and wane. Always from the beginning I have loved Dinobot, the honor and justice side, however that is also present within Optimus and Silverbolt. Optimus holds a special spot as all optimus' will because they have all been cool. Silverbolt is my current alias at the moment, because everyone says that he is me. My mannerisms, the way I care about people and the very values he has are apparently me. There must be a definite Shakespearian side to me :wink: Depth Charge and Rampage are just bucketloads of awesome and Megatron is the most fascinating character of the lot, but bad guys always are.

Well, that's alot of ranting from me :lol: Hope I answered your questions :D
Kidcat

Unread post by Kidcat »

Hi!! :D

Welcome to the forum! ^_^ I've been on this forum for about a year now and it's a really awesome place.

You can probably tell that I'm a total Cheetor fan lol And his evolution through Beast Machines is something I really enjoyed (I mostly despised the rest of it)

What else... hmm I dunno. I just started an intense medical course and got married a few weeks ago so things are kinda crazy right now lol

So yeah... I need to get back to studying.

Welcome again!!!!!
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey Kidcat,

thanks for the warm welcome. Congratulations on getting married and I wish you and your partner a long and happy life of bringing new TF fans into the world :wink:

I liked all the references to G1 in Beast Machines as well, like the Plasma Energy chamber, the Key to Vector Sigma and so on.

Sounds like you're a busy bee so good luck with the study (I'm glad that I have now finished all that part of my life) and I'll see you here. Same Bat time same Baat channel. :D
Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

Hullo. :D Welcome aboard and please enjoy the trip across the BWINT ocean. :P

*coughs* OK, guys, you should probably get away from me. I'm sick and I don't wanna infect any of you... *voice is hoarse like Airazor with a throat infection*
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

Greetings! I am Wicked Woman, Poll Manager and fan of BWINT. (and I hail from Canada :lol: )

It's great to see more BW Fans come to the site, that means we're spreading more of the word around the world *Laughs like Megatron but then coughs like Megatron (Think Before the Storm)* Love to stay and chat but I have work soon and I have to get ready.

Welcome to the forum.

WW
Jagna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Jagna »

welcome and sala'am ghaleikhum from the sandy deserts of kuwait...thts where i am...and im lucky to hav even HERD of BW out here...i only got cable out here about 4 yrs ago, but it was on a small arabic-english channel in 1999.
TOTAL BW FANGIRL!!!! but it does sujk yo be virtually (gettit? :D ) the ONLY BW fan in the whole of this sandbox! (don;t get me rong i luv it here) but Silver, im prob the kinda bw/everyday freak u might wana rant on about bw to...
enjoy!
**JAGNA**rowr
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannertigatronfanclub.jpg[/img] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/membercheetorclub.jpg[/img]
and OP, RT and DB
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Welcome to the Bwint forums, Silver. As you can see, we are indeed International *waves South African flag* I hope you enjoy it here. :)
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
fizzybird

Unread post by fizzybird »

* takes a deeep breath and shouts*: HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
welcome aboard the the BWINT family!
It's great ta have ya 'round.
Now what is there to say... ah yesss.
I'm from the all-time sunny Curacao!
I'm a total BW fan and my favorite character is Airrazor.
I don't know anyone around here who's a BW fan,
so it's great ta be here.

Hope you enjoy it here!

[/quote Safeguard: *coughs* OK, guys, you should probably get away from me. I'm sick and I don't wanna infect any of you... *voice is hoarse like Airazor with a throat infection*]
Hope you get well soon!
It appears that a lot of people have caught some sort pre-fall disease, 'cause in my class everybody's coughing and sniffing.
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wow! Well hello to Safeguard, Wicked Woman, Janga, Fizzybird and hello again to Sapphire, Kidcat and Nurann. Thanks a whole bunch for the warm welcome. You guys have really got something awesome going on here. I have never travelled outside of Australia in all my life thus far, however I intend to roam the earth over a gradual period in the next few years. I expect everyone to have recommendations and locations that I should visit once I head to your respective countries when I call on that information :wink:

This year as I have already metioned, I am travelling to Japan and USA. As I am a robotics engineer (what else? :wink: ) I am searching for that ultimate overseas dream job. My primary targets will be Takara, Hasbro and Creata to see if they need/want new blood in the Transformers development area. I have no idea or expectations with regards to this venture, however it is a fun holiday and I get to see the heart and soul of the Transformers toy line up close and personal. If I succeed then there will be much manical laughter, rubber duck squeezing and golden disk watching. 8) One cool thing will be the Tokyo robotics exhibition to see how close we truly are to developing a real-life optimus prime (a life long obsession, that and finding a whole bunch of broken-down construction equipment and building a massive Devastator statue somewhere, come on how cool would it look all green and purple and massive :D )

[/quote Safeguard: *coughs* OK, guys, you should probably get away from me. I'm sick and I don't wanna infect any of you... *voice is hoarse like Airazor with a throat infection*]

Yeah, mate, hope you get better soon. I got it last week and as a result missed two days of work, a whole bunch of gym time and my training for fencing. I just woke up on Thursday and literally could not move. On the plus side I had two whole days to watch my mate's copy of season 1 & 2 of Babylon 5 :wink:

Well I think that's sufficient ranting for the moment :wink: Thanks again to everyone for the warm reception and I look forward to upholding truth, justice and keeping my armour just that little bit extra shiny :lol:
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Greetings, Silver (Joe)! A pleasure to meet you! ^.^

Conventions? Oh, they're everywhere from what I gather. LoL I hear more about ones from Canada and USA than any other country. A few from the UK here and there. I've only attended three Transformers related conventions (out of the many that happen almost every season every year >.<) so far in the US... because I live here. :wink: In fact, I recently attended one called the MechaCon. My post about it should be around here somewhere... But many here are going to be attending the BotCon in a couple weeks, one which I thought I'd be at but instead I went to the MechaCon (because Garry and Alec were going to be there).

Optimus Primal is my favorite from Beast Wars, as if you couldn't tell by my signature and avatar. :lol: Rattrap comes in at second, and Megatron and Dinobot are up there as well.
*voice is hoarse like Airazor with a throat infection*
Poor SafeGuard. :( I remember having a sore throat a long time ago and I really sounded like Rogue from the original X-Men cartoon when I added the southern accent. LoL It was cool. Sort of. My throat really hurt at the same time. >.< Hope you get better!
If I succeed then there will be much manical laughter, rubber duck squeezing and golden disk watching.
LoL! That would be absolutely awesome, Silver. I really hope that works out for you.
and finding a whole bunch of broken-down construction equipment and building a massive Devastator statue somewhere,
That. Would be. Awesome. XD You certainly have some wicked ideas, Silver. Shhh! Don't give them out! :wink:

I myself am huge on drawing and painting, most of it being fanart. I also like photography. I'm currently stuck in Quality Assurance as my job for the past two years, but I want to get into voice acting. I think the only major adjustment I really need to do is move (because there doesn't seem to be much in this area of Pennsylvania), but since I just a bought a newer car, I can't afford those ridiculous prices on mortgages and apartments. >.<
I have never travelled outside of Australia in all my life thus far, however I intend to roam the earth over a gradual period in the next few years.
That's okay. I've never traveled out of the US yet. *sigh* I haven't even been to Disney World, which is apparently where every American goes sometime in their childhood. LoL :cry: But at least I've been out of Pennsylvania a couple times. Australia is definitely a place I want to visit sometime, more for the wildlife and scenary than anything. I love animals. ^.^
"Well, that's just prime!"
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey Primal,

lol yeah I know there are always crazy fans willing to get together to share their common obsessions. The question is where and when. I could spend the most of a month scouring the New York and surrounding states, haunting any convention centre until something happens, however my time (and money) is limited :lol:

Thanks for the support. It would be so awesome to be working on the next wave of Transformers.. and the wave after that.. and... you get the idea. Additionally, I think it would help Hasbro to have a true follower of the way of Primus in their design and development departments to give the characters the TF feeling. (Yes I am simply trying to justify my place there, what's it to you? :wink: )

Don't worry about revealling all of my secrets, there are many whacky, crazy plans in the pipeline, I just need LOTS of money and even more time. I figure if everyone gets together and likes the idea of the Devastator statue we may be able to get it going. Come on people! Who out there wants to see this giant green behemoth standing out the front of the next Botcon site? :D

Nice to meet you too Optimal Op.

Yes dear...
VelociBerg

Unread post by VelociBerg »

Welcome to the forums SilverfromOz! Great to see that Beast Wars/...Machines still has fans out there!
[img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/271/megsbannerzo5.png[/img]
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey Velociberg,

yes. We must continue to spread the word of Primus to the ignorant masses and show them the way to enlightenment is through robotic animals which fight and have brilliant backstories :D

Yes dear...