The Canadian Bwint Gathering

A place for inactive but important threads to be kept for reference.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Vampyerba

Unread post by Vampyerba »

Well that really sucks about your job Outty! *hugs* But hey....it's still a ways away...things may look up :-)
"Even if I'm good, I'm still bad." - Blackarachnia
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

Like I said in a post that I thought was in this thread.. :lol: If the place isn't too expensive, I might be able to swing it....Both Tara and I...hopefully, but we need to set some concreate times and places soon, so that people can start saving. Nurran, as much as I really hate to tell you this, the wedding...it's off...not off off just, the fact that we're not sure when the PM is calling another poll to try and make it illegal we're buying a certificate and having a civil union..as much as it tears me apart, its the only way...we're gonna have a quickie next year...and save up what little money we can while in school to go to England for a honeymoon.
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

This is my suggestion. :) I think all who're interested should attend an AIM chat on an arranged, convenient date so that dates and venues can be discussed live. Details will be sorted out quicker, that way.

On a side note, I might be able to attend the Bwint Gathering if it's a week before BotCon, as I could do a round-North-America trip. Botcon is looking to be in September again (according to a friend of mine who's part of the team organizing it) so I just thought I'd mention that info, also to the benefit of those wanting to attend Botcon, too.

----------------------------

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Notghosts

Unread post by Notghosts »

CANADA thats me. the coolest country in the world and winnipeg is an ok place take it from it's prince. But I probably won't be in the peg around gathering time . So it dosn't really matter to me.
Last edited by Notghosts on Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet dreams baby.
Vampyerba

Notghosts wrote:CANADA thats me. the coolest country in the world and winnipeg is an ok place take it from it's prince. But I probably won't be in the peg around gathering time I'll be in asia teaching kids english. So it dosn't really matter to me.
LOL that s ironic how you live in 'the peg' and yet you wont be around ...
[Grimloq]

Unread post by [Grimloq] »

If it's anywhere but Victoria or that vicinity, I'm very likely out. My location to anyplace else is simply too far to be worth it when it comes to logistics and funds.

~ .GQ
Cheetor
RPG Characters: Cheetor

Unread post by Cheetor »

So um yeah...lets get some chatting going and talk about it? Or we can all sit around and just watch Beast Wars. Its all good.
I hate water -_-;

"Be unique, don't keep in line, being a drone just isn't fine keep an open mind speak your voice its your time...." -J.S
Vampyerba

there is a thread called bwint gathering aim chat...but there ahsnt been much response to it...so i just feel like there is such little interest :(
Cheetor

Unread post by Cheetor »

Maybe change it from AIM to something more common like MSN or Yahoo messenger. :P
I hate water -_-;

"Be unique, don't keep in line, being a drone just isn't fine keep an open mind speak your voice its your time...." -J.S
Vampyerba

.well aim is what is used by most members but we can also set up a msn chat if youd like
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Okay, what with a decent job now and all, I reeeaaallly will make a conscience effort to be there, but details really do need to be sorted out so that us Maritimers can buy tickets for planes and all that jazz...

So, how about any and all that can make it on Saturday, aka March 4th, try to sign onto AIM and if you can't have aim, go to e-messenger.net and sign onto a beta version that works with ALL comp types..so it doesn't matter if certain things won't let you download or what not..this thing is NOT interrupted by firewalls, TRUST ME!

Summer is nearing and we need to make this final...Winnipeg..are we a definate go on Winnipeg? And if so, we'll need to make a base at a hotel for the weekend as well...we need to discuss the days, if it will be a weekend at all, and the month, Sapphire can make it she said if it's a few days preceeding the BotCon, and that will also affect a few others as well I'm assuming...

So, how about it? Please respond to this ASAP if you can make it or if you can't..if you can't, let us know and any information that you need, I'll write it down and PM(private Messege) you here on the board with a layout of what we've accomplished/discussed....

Mm'kay?
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Vampyerba

Oh I;ll be there :D:D So glad someones finally responded...I was beginning to worry there! What time abouts is good for everyone for the saturday chat? I'm in the central time zone.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

I have a one-day training session at work all day Saturday, so chances are I won't make it time in time to join you. Can you please send me the details after? Thanks! And yep, Winnipeg sounds good!
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

No worries Nurran, I'll copy the whole thing and note you with once we're done, ^.^

How about 2pm Florida time, for the chat...does that help? While there, we can discuss what hotel we can stay at..since, I'm using Expedia, it'd be cheaper for me to include it in my package..

*ponders* That's...all I can think of right now..it's still going to be expensive..so I'm hoping I can wing this...'cause with the flight and hotel for one person, it a little over a grand...*breathes deep* I hope that I can make this...

Also, do we have any plans to do things other than sit around and watch BW episodes? Pratically everyone will be from out of province/country('cept maybe one or two) so,...some of us might want to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off...*people point to me*

Any suggestions for funness?
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Cheetor

Unread post by Cheetor »

Woohoo. So what time is this chat at? I'm in Eastern time, its 12:54pm and i'm on my lunch break. Man work is boring when your not getting paid for it.

Gonna need to download me some lame AIM so I can join in the chat. As for stuff to do, I dunno we could always check out stuff in Winnipeg. Not really sure what there is to do in Winnipeg as i've never been there before. It would actually be the first time i've been out of Ontario besides going to Duluth, Minnesota and over the border here in SSM to Michigan. *Fears the Manitoba, shakes in his boots* :P j/k

If its in Winnipeg that rocks, it means I can drive 10 hours from my hometown, or drive 2 hours and then catch a plan which will take me like not even an hour.
I hate water -_-;