The Canadian Bwint Gathering

A place for inactive but important threads to be kept for reference.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

Hey Cheetor, I'm not sure if we'll be having in Winnipeg or not...it all depends...I'll bring it up in the chat what I'm thinking/hoping for.

Um, The Chat is being held at 2pm Florida time, that's 1pm Nova Scotian time..not really sure any other way to tell ya... -.-;; I suck with time zones..

As for downloading AIM, I mentioned earlier that that wasn't a problem..I'll be on MSN as well for all those that cannot honestly make it to the AIM chat so that way I can fill them in on that as well.

If you want to attempt AIM, go here: www.e-messenger.net and use the aim log in you see there, it's a beta version, that means, no downloading, no nothing goes onto your comp. It also bypasses firewalls so you don't have to worry about that as well..

Anybody who doesn't have me on their list that will be on the chat on Saturday, feel free to add me, my AIM name is RampageFollower mm'kay?
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

I'll drop by that chat too, methinks. There's still a chance I could go. :)

What we did at the last Bwint Gathering was eat junk food and watch/live/breathe Beast Wars for three days. A marathon of Beast Wars is hugely fun if you're in a packed hotel room full of BW fans all throwing popcorn at the lame moments and cheering at the uber-cool ones. :D That doesn't mean to say you guys can't think of other fun things to do. You could come up with a load of activities that revolve around Beast Wars, be it games or mini-competitions or creative things like fanfic readings (my goodness I'd love to do that! Ya should hear me read fics aloud - I do all the voices. :D ) etc. I'm sure we can think up all sorts of neat stuff to do, in the chat.
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Vampyerba

Unread post by Vampyerba »

I'd LOVE to act out scenes from Beast Wars...that would rock my socks oof....or we can also play trivia games etc. I have LOADS of ideas
"Even if I'm good, I'm still bad." - Blackarachnia
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Okay guys, I know that this will all be discussed in further detail this Saturday, but I couldn't help but post this here. for those of you worrying about where it will be held, or where we could stay for cheap, I think I might have found it...if we reserve far enough ahead...

www.ottawahostel.com

This place is $20CAD a night, in dormatory like rooms, aka, two bunk beds a room(four beds all together) This would bode well on people on a smaller budget*waves hand* And I ask that you all check out the amenities...since it's right across from a grocery store, and it gives you use of a full kitchen..we could all pitch in and cook a huge meal for everyone, treating us all to our own way of cooking or type of fav's...

Now, would any one object to having it in Ottawa instead of Winnipeg? I've talked personally to a few that I thought might..but you see, I thought that if we held the Gathering in Ottawa, it might help those that were otherwise incapable of leaving their Province..since I knew a few might not be financially able to travel to Winnipeg.. So this means that some people like Wicked Woman, might be able to swing by, if even for the day! ^.^

Again, any reservations you might have that can't wait, I'll be online tomorrow, so don't hesitate to either Private Messege me here, or talk to me through an IM...
AIM= RampageFollower
MSN = lady_venom_bot@hotmail.com
Yahoo =Rampage_Follwer

Okay....hope this helps make things a tad more solid!

Give in to temptation

Cheetor
RPG Characters: Cheetor

Unread post by Cheetor »

It just would be awesome if it were in Winnipeg, but I mean whatever happens, happens. This is just one crazy year for me, a lot of family related stuff going on with trips kidna planned out and myself finishing school finally have to see what goes on. Money isn't too big of an issue for me though.
I hate water -_-;

"Be unique, don't keep in line, being a drone just isn't fine keep an open mind speak your voice its your time...." -J.S
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Okay then Cheetor, like I said, it's pretty much cheaper is we held it in Ottawa, so for now, everyone is in agreement(I've been talking to everyone off the board about it) But. we're finalize the plans tomorrow in the chat.

If you're unsure of the time it's 2pm Florida time, held on both AIM and MSN(I'll relay info through msn if you honest to gods can't be on AIM)

Alrighty? Again, the Hostel is cheap, clean and central to everything..

Give in to temptation

CabooseMoose7103

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

Mind if I ask a few questions about the planning that went into this gathering and the previous one? The reason I'm asking is I am attempting to plan a similar event and am sort of at a loss for how to go about it. I tried to read all of this thread and I don't believe I saw any of these answers anyplace, but if I missed them I apologize.

1) How did you decide on Ottawa? I realize that Lady Venom said it was cheaper but I also noticed that several people do not live near there so I was just wondering how you decided on that.

2) I know that someone said they were familiar with the hostel in Ottawa, and could vouch that it was a nice place, but is there someplace to look up this sort of stuff that's a reliable source of information? I'm not too familiar with the cities my group is considering (we were choosing them based on location and events that take place in them).

3) How did you decide on a date for it?

I'm drawing a blank at this point, I know there were a few more things I wanted to ask but I can't remember them at this point in time. I realize that I'm a new guy prying into your plans, but if someone wouldn't mind giving me an answer I'd greatly appreciate it. Plus if there is anything else you think I should know about planning this sort of thing, let me know eh?
Sapphire
Site Admin

I'll be honest and say that Lady Venom did the majority of the planning, so hopefully she will see your message and find time to reply. I will offer what advice I can, however, since I helped organize the last Gathering.

Location - we decided on a location that had the most people wanting to attend in the general area. Last year it was California, which worked well as several Bwint members live in California (and could go) and one of them lived in the neighbouring State of Orgeon. We picked a hotel based on someone's reccomendation, and so that turned out well. It was just a single room motel with a bathroom and a TV, which suited us fine since were mostly watching a Beast Wars marathon.

Planning: We used the forum to organize an online chat, where we sorted out details. We made sure it was at a time and date that just about everyone could make.

Communication: We all exchanged phone numbers and messenger handles. We kept up at the Gathering by phoning people who were on their way etc.

Date: We picked a date that most suited everyone. A general time of year was decided on (in the case of last year, everyone met a few days after I arrived in the USA, and the same's happening this year. We decided to have it a few days before Botcon, so that I could make both, and those wanting to attend Botcon could go straight on from the Gathering to America.) I believe last year's date fell during the college holidays.

I know that's not answering all your questions, but hopefully it will help, and perhaps Lady Venom can offer some more advice. :)
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
CabooseMoose7103

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

I'll continue this over PMs, sorry everyone, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Naaaaw, hijack away!

So is anybody interested in doing some actual touristy stuff this year? Don't get me wrong, the marathon was prime, I just really enjoyed going to the burger place with Zucca, Flyby and Nite and hanging out someplace other than the hotel room floor.

So should I research some stuff, or are we just sticking to the indoor BW events?

:idea:

LV: Megatron in the Death by Chocolate with a latte!

;)
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

*chuckles* Oh jeez...and the Hooters was right beside the coffee place too! SO a Quickstrike Hangout!!

Okay, and Caboose, what Sapphire did state is true, a lot of people lived near the area that I chose, and I researched the hostel by it's website, I checked to see how long it was in business, I read reviews, and I got in contact with them personally through emails(so many I think I annoyed them, :roll: )

But, yes, we did discuss some finer points online at a shedualed chat time, so that way, everyone could voice their concerns/ideas at once.

If you do think you need a little more help in planning, working out the kinks and the likes, you can PM and I'll send you my msn and AIM handle so we can discuss this online, would that be alright?

Hope everything runs smoothly for you!

:?:
Nurran: Waspy and the Ice cream stand........ >>.........
:?:

Give in to temptation

Vampyerba

Unread post by Vampyerba »

I regret to inform you all I will no longer be able to attend the gathering. It's just too expensive for my budget to attend both the gathering and botcon....And realistically I cant be away from my little one for that long...and it would be cutting into school. I really am sorry...I wish I could go to both :(

-Vampyerba
"Even if I'm good, I'm still bad." - Blackarachnia
Sapphire
Site Admin

That *is* disappointing, VampyerBA. ButI understand your reasons. *hug* Sorry you can't make it.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Okay, so are we still doing this? Westjet's got a seat sale on for a couple more days, and I'd like to hear we still have a plan before I either book a flight or wait to see if another sale comes up before September...

LV? When are you booking the hostel and for which nights?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Sapphire
Site Admin

Nurann, we are indeed still doing this. I've got my flights booked and everything. I'll talk to LV and we'll get an email sent out to all those who are or who might be going, which are Lady Venom, Varyn, myself, you, Outtsyder and Cheetor. I'll try and get that email out a.s.a.p.