The Canadian Bwint Gathering

A place for inactive but important threads to be kept for reference.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Sapphire
Site Admin

The Canadian Bwint Gathering

Unread post by Sapphire »

Hello all,

Last year's Bwint Gathering was such a great success, we figured we should make it an annual thing. Seeing as the West coast of America has had its turn, it's only fair Canada gets it this year as there are a LOT of eager Canadian Bwinters supporting the idea (I know, I've been pestered about it enough times! ;) ) So this is the thread where all wanting to go can discuss times and venues. If everyone says what time and places they can make, we can figure out a venue and date that'll suit the most people. Even if you're just considering going at the moment, let us know here so we can get a rough idea on how many would like to come.

>Sapphire<
Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Canada? Jeez that so counts me out, again. :cry: Well everyone who's going have fun
Outtsyder
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Outtsyder »

I personally would LOVE to go if I could, but right now, with money and other expenses/bills to worry about, I don't really know just yet. I'll probably be lucky to afford a single trip this year (though my top priority at the moment is BotCon, and I don't know if that'll work out yet). If it's somewhere in Western Canada -- or through some miracle, there's a cheap flight to another major center like Toronto -- it'll be worth a try.

Outtsyder
"We can't ignore the danger. We must conquer it."
- G1 Optimus Prime
"Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough."
- G1 Megatron
Vampyerba

Unread post by Vampyerba »

Yay finally :-) Been hoping for this post to happen for some time now. I was completely devestated last year when I couldn't go! But since it's in Canada...I just maybe will be able to attend and meet some of those that I have been speaking to for a few years. Well, I guess I'll give my input. I live in Central Canada....Manitoba the city of winnipeg...and these are some reasons why it is a good place.

It is alot cheaper to come here than to some of the major cities such as Toronto...and its in the Center of Canada which may not be as far for some people to reach.

Well....and for my own personal reasons...I would love for it to be as close to me as possible. As many of you know, I am a mother of a one and a half year old. Myself and my friend (gemini_fuzzfoo) were saying that if it were in Canada, we would be willing to travel somewhat. But if I were to travel I would have to bring my son with me. Now, having a 2 yr old (at the time...he will be) wont be very easy.... As wellas I would have to have him with me the whole gatheringand I wouldnt be able to participate much. Now if the gathering were here, my family would be able to take him while the gathering took place.

Also, Winnipeg is a very lovely city adn I'm sure I'd make a wonderful guide and I have some great ideas for activities for the gathering.
"Even if I'm good, I'm still bad." - Blackarachnia
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Well, since mine and Outty's only hope is a major seat sale on a flight, I'm gonna have to back out of this one. I can only afford one trip east this year, and that's LV's wedding (whenever she and Tara decide on a date *pokepoke*). Mind you, if Winnipeg's on the train route and everybody decides to hold their events around the same time...? *hands out hints to everyone*
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Cheetor
RPG Characters: Cheetor

Unread post by Cheetor »

I wasn't around last year for this great get together. I wish to go this year if its not too far from where i'm residing. Where was it last year?
I hate water -_-;

"Be unique, don't keep in line, being a drone just isn't fine keep an open mind speak your voice its your time...." -J.S
Gemini_Fuzzfoo

Unread post by Gemini_Fuzzfoo »

That would be incredibly awesome for the next gathering to be in Canada...especially if it's in Winnipeg, seeing as how I live there :wink: .
I despertly wanted to go last time but it was simply to far away, so having it close to me would be sweet, that and Winnipeg is really cheap to stay in and go to. :P .
"Dance Emo Boy Dance" *santa hat wiggles about his head as he jigs like a boy possessed*
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

The Gathering was in Northern California last year, which worked out well for quite a few people because a number of Bwinters lived in or near California. There's also a LOT of Bwint visitors in Canada, which is why it makes sense to have it there. There's only a small chance I can go to this year's gathering (flights from England to Canada are NOT cheap) but I really hope the majority of Canadian fans can make it. Discuss among yourselves! :D

P.S. Nurrann, isn't LV's wedding in 2007? Or did I get the years muddled up? :shock:
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Kidcat

Unread post by Kidcat »

Man, that sounds like it would be so much fun. I think it would be great to be able and meet everyone in person. Problem is I'm getting married mid-August. With the wedding and honeymoon I don't think I'll have any money left for anything else :(
Amber Dawn

Unread post by Amber Dawn »

Ooh! Well, obviously I'd love to have a Canadian gathering, as I live in Canada. However I live in Western Canada, and I'm in much the same position as Outty: No money, very little time (I intend to my butt off work all summer, to get some cash together for starting university in the fall) and the added obstacle of that ole 'parental permission' thing. But if we get a place and date together, I'll see what I can do, 'cause getting to see some of you guys would make my life!
~Rattrap Fangirl Extraordinaire~

Look! I'm posting again!
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

YAY!!! Toronto! Toronto! Toronto!

Lol. I'm saying Toronto cuz that's the only way I can participate (Mommy won't let me leave the city alone :-()

*bounces up and down* Who else can come?

WW
Cheetor
RPG Characters: Cheetor

Unread post by Cheetor »

It would be fun, Amber Dawn I know how it is, i've worked my summers away for four years now and I'm finishing up college finally. Can't wait to get a job and start makin some money. As for toronto that would be cool as right now i'm not too far away from there, i'd only have to drive maybe 7 hours or a little more since i'm in the sault.
I hate water -_-;

"Be unique, don't keep in line, being a drone just isn't fine keep an open mind speak your voice its your time...." -J.S
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

:mrgreen: Did someone say Winnipeg? That's straight north of me here in Minnesota.... Maybe if the gathering was held there I'd be able to come? It's a lot more doable than Toronto... I think....

I'm definately interested, but since I haven't a clue as to what the future holds for me I can't guarantee anything. :roll:

--Starath :mrgreen:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Awe man. I won't be able to go either. *sniffle* I already have two possible little vacations planned, and I only have so little of vacation time to use from work. What a drag. Oh well. Those of you going, have fun!
"Well, that's just prime!"
Outtsyder
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Outtsyder »

Update on my sitch, both good and bad: My job situation has taken a downturn, and my finances are even worse. As things stand right know, I have even trouble even buying a jug of milk, and with other bills and fees coming up (including having to renew my driver's licence by the end of February, and THAT'S going to take a chunk of what little I have left), it doesn't look good at all, unless I get an unexpected windfall or I'm able to slip into a new job.

But OTOH, I did find a flight service that offered a cheaper flight between Vancouver and Winnipeg (I can't believe I never thought of this before), so if I DO luck out, maybe I can come after all. Of course, how long I can stay would depend on other things like days off, days I'd be needed at work, etc. So right now, my chances are dropping, but I'm not giving up that easily.

Outtsyder
"We can't ignore the danger. We must conquer it."
- G1 Optimus Prime
"Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough."
- G1 Megatron