'Ello!

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Sydney

'Ello!

Unread post by Sydney »

Hi! I actually heard about this site from my buddy, Monarch, who joined earlier than I did. I had every intention of doing this the same time he did, but Comcast went out and the cable stopped working, so I was stuck.

Anyway, the name Sydney is actually a created character of mine, a half-Hispanic, half-Caucasian woman of about 25 raising her 7 year old brother, Morgan.

She's a fanfic character (one I'm working on now) who (and forgive the fangirliness) falls in love with Optimus. She doesn't just randomly meet the guy, there's a whole bagga history involved. She's buddies with a gal named Michelle who was another of the 394875293 stasis pods that they launched but we never saw. She just didn't know her buddy was a transformer. (Bum bum bum).

Favorite Beast Wars Characters...? Ouch, that could take a while. If I had to pick one from each side, I'd say Optimus and Tarantulus. I have a soft spot for Dinobot though, and Quickstrike always struck me as adorable.

I'm currently a student at the University of Kentucky, majoring in Secondary English Education (That's High School English, boys and gals) and minoring in Theatre--that could change to a double major in time, but I don't know yet.

I'm the oldest of seven children, nine counting my stepbrothers, and I've gotten every one of them to love Beast Wars. There's my contribution. ;D

Let's see...I'm a Kentucky native, I'm into Kickboxing on the side, and I play massive amounts of videogames. Hope that answers any questions y'all had about me.

Anyway, I'm fascinated with this site already and have read like crazy. I'm glad to see there are still active fans around, and I hope to make some friends around here.

<3 Syd
"Now what's this one's name? Screamstar?"

"Put the action figure down, mother. He's quite offended."

Wouldn't cha like to be me?
Kidcat

Unread post by Kidcat »

Hi! ^^ Welcome to the forum :D
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Hi Sydney! Welcome to this forum and the site. It always pleases me when new fans discover our haven for Beast Wars. and you came at a good time, too, because the site's raised enough money to support itself for another year. There's lots going on at Bwint.net over the course of a year - fanfic challenges, weekly competitions, fan fiction and fan artwrotk awards, polls and more. I hope you enjoy it all. :)

I spazzed when I saw that you and Monarch are in Kentucky, because Botcon is in Kentucky this year, and about 16 of us (myself included) from this site and our friend-site the Hangar are going. Will you be attending this year's Botcon? It's heavily BW themed, ya know. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the intro, and I hope you have fun here!
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Sydney

Unread post by Sydney »

Honestly I've never heard of Botcon! Where in KY is it? I'm still learning to Navigate the site. Depending on how much money I'll have to spend and when and where it is, I'd love to go. Like I mentioned, I'm in college and rushing a sorority this year, so it's tough to find free time, but if I can, I'd love to hop in.

Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

Sydney! Hi, Sydney! Are we having fun? I certainly am. ^.^
I'm finally a Maximal in Training! Go me! <3

-Monarch
Sydney

Unread post by Sydney »

Having fun? Why wouldn't I be? RAWR~!

Anyway, I'm working on a fanfic submission for the site now. It's a partnered fic, Monarch's helping me write it.

It does not cover Monarch's history (I'm letting him write that on his own), but it does touch on his character, Michelle, and my character, Sydney.

I'll be a while, but I hope to get it in soon.

Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

Yes, indeed. ^.^

I'll be writing the fanfic for Monarch's history as soon as I finish my human interpretation drawings for *everyone* including Megs, Rampage, and the ever-illusive Tarantulus. >D I'll hopefully be submitting those soon. I already sent in my Waspinator drawing to see if it makes it.

-Monarch
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Botcon is the largest Transformer convention in the world. I have been once before and it was AWESOME. Lots to see, do and buy. :) This year is Beast Wars's 10th Anniversary, so it is going to be a heavily BW themed convention. They have invited 4 of the voice actors! Scott McNeil (Rattrap, Dinobot, Silverbolt, Waspinator), Richard Newman (Rhinox), Pauline Newstone (Airazor), and Blu Mankuma (Tigatron). They're also producing a Botcon exclusive set of BW toys, basically the Maximals and Dinobot in their pre-BW forms! So you get to see what they looked like BEFORE the Beast Wars. You get that if you buy the full convention package. More information can be found at botcon.com It is taking place in Lexington, Kentucky. :D

Let me know if you are interested in going, and I'll add you to our site's Botcon mailing list, so you can find out when and where we're all meeting up for the con.
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Sydney

Unread post by Sydney »

Totally, put me down. It's right down the road from where I'm living--I can't miss an opportunity like this!

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Howdy, Sydney! Nice to meet ya. ^.^
I'm the oldest of seven children, nine counting my stepbrothers, and I've gotten every one of them to love Beast Wars. There's my contribution.
LoL That's awesome. My brother got me into Tfs, then I got my younger sister and surprisingly my older sister into it as well. That's great that you have so many siblings. I only have three but I can't imagine my life without them. It's great because we all have so much in common yet we're all completely different people. :D
Honestly I've never heard of Botcon!
Awe. You must be shown the ways of the BC! LoL

Like Sapphire said, it's really, really fun. All the toys, the fans, the artwork, the actors. It's a great place to be and totally worth while. I was at the one in '01 where I was able to meet Garry (Primal), Scott, Gregg (G1: Grimlock), Micheal (G1) and John (G1). Totally awesome as a first-timer. Then I went to the OTFCC in '03 where I met Garry and Gregg again and David Kaye (BW Megatron). Unfortunately, this year I'll be attending the MechaCon for the first time instead of the BC. I really, truly want to meet Blu and Pauline :( but I'll be able to see Garry and Scott again at this one, as well as Richard and Alec (Tarantulas), so I guess I'm not that disappointed. I can only afford so many conventions a year. x.X

Anywho, if you have the opportunity and the money, I highly recommend that you attend! ^.^
Last edited by Optimal Optimus Primal on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Sydney

Unread post by Sydney »

Ohhh, meeting Gary Chalk and Scott McNeil would be so awesome--they've both done voices from other shows from my childhood that mean a lot to me.

Anyway, I would like to tell you I am prinitng copies of ALL of your artwork to hang in my dorm. Tooooo pretty! Your art is incredible!!

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

they've both done voices from other shows from my childhood that mean a lot to me.
I know! I can't keep track anymore. XD I miss the old MegaMan cartoon. That was cool.
Anyway, I would like to tell you I am prinitng copies of ALL of your artwork to hang in my dorm. Tooooo pretty! Your art is incredible!!
:shock:

You. Are. Totally. Awesome! LoL Awe, thank you so much! *bear hug* I'm still working on more. ^.^
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

I posted my artwork for Monarch in his robot mode on DeviantART! ^.^

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37336241/

I posted it in the gallery too. I wouldn't have posted it here...but I feel like more people might look here and I'm too excited. ^.^

-Monarch
Sydney

Unread post by Sydney »

LOL, I'm not that awesome. I'm just a big transformer fan--and your Optimus art kills me especially! *In love* *Drool*

I have to give credit for my avatar--assuming everyone can see it. Monarch made it for me until he has time to draw more elaborate, detailed ones.

She's cute though, ain't she?

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Splee! Wicked!

I commented on dA. ^.^