Hiya

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Sydney's pretty violent, eh? :wink: Kidding!

This butterfly business keeps reminding me of that one Simpsons episode:

Bart: When I come back, I'm gonna be a butterfly.
Lisa: Why?
Bart: Because no one suspects the butterfly. *devious laugh*

LoL So true. It's such a beautiful and fragile insect.
So I've gotta keep my respect and work on that at the same time as keeping my eyes open for talking here.
I understand. I have so many drawings to do now. I'm only falling behind because I have my drawings for the MechaCon as my priority. The con's next weekend already and I still need to finish Primal for Garry and start Rattrap for Scott. AND my younger sis wants me to draw Dinobot so he can sign it for her. *falls over* x.X
"Well, that's just prime!"
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

Syd's not too violent. A little demanding sometimes, but not too bad. ^.^ I wouldn't be best friends with Syd if she weren't a great person.

Aw, I know that feeling of deadlines. I had to design a flyer for one of my dad's friends by a certain date. I made money and that's going to Botcon assuming I can get the rest of the money. Plus I get a lot of requested artwork from Syd that I *try* to complete. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

By the way, what's Mechacon? Obviously another convention but I'm just curious as to what that has too.
I'm finally a Maximal in Training! Go me! <3

-Monarch
Sydney

Unread post by Sydney »

I want an autographed picture of Optimus. *Cries*

No, I'm not violent. Most of the time. Ask me about my ex-boyfriend sometime though, that's a funny story. I don't know what's worse, what I said I'd do to him, or what Monarch said HE'D do to him.
"Now what's this one's name? Screamstar?"

"Put the action figure down, mother. He's quite offended."

Wouldn't cha like to be me?
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.
Yes, I often have to be in the mood to do things for others, heh. I can be pretty lazy. But when there's deadline, then I try to do it as quickly as possible.
By the way, what's Mechacon? Obviously another convention but I'm just curious as to what that has too.
I can't actually say, to be honest. It's my first time attending the convention. It revolves around animation; animé being a big part apparently. But like the BC, they're also celebrating the BW 10th Anniversary. Here's the site's link if you want more info. Even has the Guests' pictures. ^.^

MechaCon

I actually only recently found out about this convention because a friend at another site gave me a link about Garry and what cons he has been to and which one(s) going to attend this year. Originally planning for the BC, as soon as I found out that he was going to attend to the MechaCon it was a must to go. LoL And I'll also be able to meet Richard before anyone at the BC will. :lol:
Ask me about my ex-boyfriend sometime though, that's a funny story.
Boyfriends. :roll: Pfff. Who needs them? :wink:
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

I'm supremely lazy. Sydney can back me up on that one. Well...not all the time. Recently I've done most requests in a decent amount of time. Other requests have just been so daunting I'll slip them to a backburner and then forget 'em. Heheh.

I'll definitely go look at the Mechacon site, but as for Garry being there. I think he's amazing. I never realized how attatched I was to him until I thought about someone else doing the voice for any form of Optimus and I didn't like that idea. Garry = Optimus. Period.

I could tell you my own stories about Syd's boyfriend...but I won't. It's not up to me to tell. ^.^

-Monarch
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

All right, this is where I clear something up. I would like to come clean and admit before botcon rolls around that I'm actually a girl. *Cue cheesy soap opera music*

Everything about me is true except that I'm female instead of male. It's not something I do maliciously, I just do it as a precaution. One person started stalking me online until I told him I was a guy. Now I tell everyone I'm male until I feel I'm safe.

-Monarch
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

So I drew a birthday present for Sydney for her birthday tomorrow. Here's the link if anyone wants to look. ^.^

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37378231/

-Monarch
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'll definitely go look at the Mechacon site, but as for Garry being there. I think he's amazing.
LoL Garry's pretty cool. Like Scott, he always makes it a good time. And I love his voice also. He can do a pretty good Megatron impression too. LoL Twas funny. I have that on tape somewhere...
Garry = Optimus. Period.
Well, I certainly loved him voicing Primal the most. Prime definitely belonged to Peter back in G1. I was hoping it would be either those two to voice Prime in the movie. Luckily, it'll be Peter and not a Hollywood star. :wink:
I would like to come clean and admit before botcon rolls around that I'm actually a girl.
LoL You're not the first, Monarch. At another Tfs board, I actually went on for many years without saying that I was female. I never said I was male, mind you, so I never lied. Some had suspicions, and very few I told the truth. Then the '01 BC rolled around, and thinking I might've been able to meet some friends (never did >.<), I came out with the truth and a couple pictures. Most of the members were shocked. LoL It was actually kind of funny. But I only did it in my best interest. I was younger then and I didn't want any internet scum stalking me or anything like that.

Oh, happy birthday tomorrow, Sydney! My Siamese's birthday is today. She just turned 13. :D Hate it how she's getting older now... :( So many birthdays in August. My younger sister's is the 10th, and my brother's is the 29th. I'm so terrible with remembering birthdays, so I thought I'd wish you a happy one now, Sydney. LoL ...I think my boss's birthday is this month also... I don't remember. Maybe it was June... oh well. He never advertises it. :roll:

By the way, your drawing is adorable! ^.^ I'd comment on dA but apparently it's currently in read-only mode for maintenance! Nooooooo!

Did you say you use Photoshop for a lot of your coloring? I absolutely love the software. I make all of my own avatars and sigs with it because it's fun. ...I'm running out of good, clear Primal pictures, though. >.< The one with his hoverboard, I actually scanned it from the TransMetals video game package. LoL I didn't make the MechaCon sig, I just took it from the site to help promote the convention.
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

Scott is amazing. I *never* guessed those four characters were by the same person. Plus I found that Beast Wars Beatbox thing today. o.o I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Now, as I said Gary is pretty much Optimus in my mind, but I do admit that the G1 Optimus is the exception. My brother let me watch his old Transformers tape a few months ago because it was his big thing while Beast Wars was my big thing. Sadly, he died last October so he'll never get to see the movie. ;.; So I'm gonna see it for him! ^_^

I don't believe I ever directly said I was a guy on here...I did on dA and I guess that's lying but I don't want any stalkers. I've already picked up a few from my real myspace site. Granted I don't use myspace. Too much trouble to keep it updated. Happy birthday for your siamese.

I made a fan wallpaper using the pictures of Tarantulus from the gallery here for Syd, is that okay? I haven't posted it anywhere public because the pictures aren't mine and I wouldn't want to do that. I sent an email to Sapph asking permission and I'd be more than happy to say where the images were provided from.

I didn't know dA ever did read-only. o.O Huh, you learn something new everyday.

And, yes, I use Photoshop for my coloring now. I ran out of colored pencils and one day I thought it might be neat to try. Now I use it all the time! I make wallpapers more than anything, but I'll learn other stuff in college. I'm gonna be a Graphic Design major.

-Monarch
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I *never* guessed those four characters were by the same person.
LoL So true. I had suspicions with Rattrap and Dinobot, but Waspinator was so different. By the second season, though, I had done my voice actor research as soon as I had the Internet and was still surprised to see that he did Silverbolt also. However, if you listen close enough, they're all definitely Scott. :wink:
Sadly, he died last October so he'll never get to see the movie.
:shock: ... Sorry, did you say your brother died? Like, real life brother? o.O I'm so sorry. That's awful. :(
I'm gonna be a Graphic Design major.
Awesome! I actually majored in Digital Art. Learned a lot of graphic design too but I don't feel that I'm that good at that department. Even my roomie was better than me and she was majoring in web design. LoL No, I happen to love editting video and film and adding animated graphics, and making DVD's. Unfortunately, there isn't a place around here (in this not-so-popular part of PA) that offers a less experienced person for full-time and benefits. -.- So, I'm stuck right now somewhere else. At least I'm earning good money, though, so I can afford my bills. I'm much more interested in looking into voice acting now anyway. But kudos to you! I hope you love it! You'll learn sooo much in Photoshop. It's an awesome program. :D
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

I've been trying to listen closely to be able to see if they're the same but it's just not working for me. Maybe I'm not as perceptive to that.

Yes, my brother did die last October in a car wreck. He grew up on Transformers and we got along really well when it came to that and Beast Wars. He probably would've had a cow if he knew they were making a movie and I would've gone to see it with him. It's not so sad anymore. I mean it's sad to lose him but I'm okay with it all now. ^_^

I've always loved voice acting. I try my hand at impersonating other characters from time to time when no one's looking. And sometimes when I play Final Fantasy I'll voice the characters myself because there aren't any voices. However I figure I'd never be able to get a job doing that so I'm just gonna do Graphic Design. Syd thinks I'd be good at it.

It's sad that people are so picky, especially when you're in a certain location. Good luck on getting to do what you want to fulfill your dreams. ^.~

-Monarch
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yes, my brother did die last October in a car wreck.
I must say that's a terrible thing to hear. Again, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine. I almost lost my brother one time where he feel asleep at the wheel because he was working a 24 hour shift (which he shouldn't have). He was only about 10 minutes from home and wiped out, totaling his little truck. :( Awe, I'm so sorry, Monarch. I know you said you're coping with it now, but I still feel bad. *hug*
I've always loved voice acting. I try my hand at impersonating other characters from time to time when no one's looking.
No, you have to do it WITH people around! :D It's so much more fun that way. Especially while you're in public! LoL I'm always saying quotes from MST3K because they do a bunch of different voices themselves and their dialog is always hilarious. My family must be used to my insanity by now. Yesss. :lol:
Monarch

Unread post by Monarch »

Well, I'm the kind of person that believes in ghosts and stuff so I'm pretty sure I think he still hangs around from time to time. Maybe it's just me wishing he was there, but still. Anyway, thanks for your concern.

My voice acting only goes so far as to be in front of Sydney or my family. The other night I pulled a Tarantulus and hit it almost dead on! I was on the phone with her. *Shrugs*

Sydney and I made new friends on myspace. I'm friends with Silverbolt and Rattrap. I haven't gotten any others to accept me yet. XD They're funny.

-Monarch
CabooseMoose7103

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

Greetings and welcome to BWINT! Yeah, I'm late on this, but my life has been pretty busy at the moment.

I checked out your dA profile, you've got some neat stuff there!
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Silly Moosey. ^.^
I'm the kind of person that believes in ghosts and stuff
Ah. As am I. I've witnessed, heard other stories, and felt too much not to believe in ghosts.

You're welcome.
The other night I pulled a Tarantulus and hit it almost dead on! I was on the phone with her.
LoL Tarantulas. He isn't easy to do. For me anyway. :roll: But that's awesome.
I'm friends with Silverbolt and Rattrap.
LoL Dumb old Silverbolt. Rattrap is so much cooler. 8) ...And I'm refering to the characters from the show since I have no idea who these people are that you speak of whom are using their names. :wink: Ugh, My Space. :P