"Bad Spark"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

"Bad Spark"

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: I think we're almost done wrapping up the last episode, so I figured we could get a head start on this one, which will be loosely based off the one on the show that introduced "Protoform X", aka Rampage. ))

Honing in on the distress beacon of a downed stasis pod, Rattrap navigated through the terrain which consisted of moss-covered trees, and scattered large, flat boulders that protruded from the ground. It was like a shallow valley of sorts, or perhaps an area that was once water or swampland that had long since disappeared becoming somewhat drier and harder ground. It was warm and humid, and fog still lingered in the air with an over cast sky. The pod itself was surrounded by a lot of raw energon that had probably been uncovered when the tiny vessel crashed there. The TransMetal rodent slowed his roll on his wheels and grew more cautious to his surroundings. "Rattrap ta base," he radioed in.

"We read you, Rattrap. Go ahead," Rhinox acknowledged.

"I've located de pod. This one's pretty over-sized, and it's branded with a big, yellow 'X' on it. Eh, but it looks heavily damaged, and dere ain't any activity." Lifting up his wheels, Rattrap proceeded to get closer on his metal paws, sniffing the air around him and getting a closer examination of the pod. It appeared as though it had gone through the DNA scanning cycle since a few of the protoform's legs were hanging out of the unlatched lid, but otherwise it was dormant and silent.

Back at the Axalon, overhearing Rattrap's report, Optimus Primal's optics immediately shifted to Rhinox's. Both of them knew which stasis pod it was that the Spy had stumbled upon, and so Optimus took over the transmission with a hint of urgency in his voice. "I'm on my way, Rattrap. Keep the area secured, and don't touch anything," he emphasized.

"Copy dat, fearless leader," the rat returned.

"Could it have survived?" Rhinox wondered out loud with concern.

"I guess we'll find out soon enough." Primal's voice was a little distraught as his memories on Cybertron came flooding back to him. One of his darkest secrets was about to unfold to everyone who had trusted him with their lives. A secret that he had yet to unveil even to Whitegrazer. If that protoform survived, he may start killing again, and Rattrap was there alone. He also had to assume that the Predacons would make for the pod as well, so time was of the essence. "Whitegrazer, you're with me," he ordered as he turned away from Rhinox and the communications console and headed for the platform which lowered him outside. Transforming to his hover board, he motioned Whitegrazer to hop onto it in the front before blasting off in the sky toward Rattrap's location.

While waiting for his fellow comrades, the rat's tail gently swayed back and forth, and his neon green eyes, along with his acute senses of smell and hearing remained on high alert for any other intruders. So far, the area was quiet except for the crickets, birds, and an occasional rumble of thunder in the distance. The damp air smelled of rain, and the flickering energon nearby was the only thing that brought some "beauty" to the desolate area that was blanketed in a thick fog. "Nothin' like sittin' around in a creepy place outdoors exposed and all alone," he said to himself feeling a little unnerved. "Just like one of those science fiction horror flicks where the most vulnerable ones get picked off first. Lucky me."

-----

Meanwhile, at the Darksyde, Megatron was eavesdropping on the Maximals' transmissions. "Hmmm. A large stasis pod for a large soldier, yesss," he calculated out loud to himself. "Terrorsaur, Tarantulas!" he beckoned for their attention. "I'm assigning you two for a recruitment retrieval. What ever this protoform is, I want it flying the flag of the Predacons', not of the Maximals'!" Since Optimus Primal was going to join Rattrap at the pod's location, this one appeared to be a bit different, besides its size, that is. He detected a hint of anxiety in Primal's voice that suggested an intriguing significance. So, who better to send to handle the Maximals than Terrorsaur and use Tarantulas's expertise on handling the pod if the protoform could be recovered?

"Always eager to welcome a new comrade in arms, Mighty Megatron," Terrorsaur brown-nosed to the tyrant, but before he could depart on their mission, Megatron suddenly grabbed his arm and yanked him toward him as he sat in his levitating chair, strongly holding him to his side. The TransMetal 'dactyl gulped in response to his leader's rough grip and pull.

"Remember, Terrorsaur, I reward loyalty and success. Failure is not an option," Megatron said in a threatening tone before it suddenly grew lighter when he added, "And do try to obtain further knowledge of this particular protoform by keeping your comm. link open. I sense something... amiss." Almost as hard as he had grabbed him, the Predacon criminal finally released Terrorsaur's arm and pushed him away.

"Uh, yes, of course, Megatron. As you wish," he obliged while gingerly rubbing the spot on his arm where Megatron had squeezed it so tightly before offering him a bow. Reverting to his jet vehicle mode, he blasted out of their base while leaving Tarantulas in the wake of his afterburners.

Watching Terrorsaur make his exit, the Predacon leader tapped his finger tips on the arm of his throne out of irritation as his thoughts drifted to losing his alien gold disk to Zodiac and Optimus Primal obtaining another mysterious one. Now he was down to only one, the Sounds of Earth. It was likely the most valuable data disk anyone could have possession over, but he still wanted to know what was on the other disk that came into play during the last alien encounter. Since both alien disks were out of his reach and he failed to maintain control over the Metal Hunter, Megatron refused to let this protoform of this magnitude slip through his fingers. No, it was going to be a Predacon, and he was going to make sure of it.
"Well, that's just prime!"
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Banshee listened in to Rattraps's report and narrowed her optics a little. A large X on the pod can only mean one thing. The failed experiment Protoform X and her mission that was given to her by the Maximal Government back on Cybertron. It was the reason why she joined the Axalon crew, to make sure that the monster was sent to a barren planet where he can no longer cause any harm to other life forms.

The ghost bat flew after Optimus and Whitegrazer in robot mode, "Primal, I must insist that I join you," she looked at him.

Starshadow was lurking nearby Megatron, listening in to what he was eavesdropping on the Maximals while she was updating her journal log. When Rattrap mentioned about a big yellow X on a pod, her ears perked up.

No...it cannot be. she thought.

"What a wonderful coincidence. Now it makes things so much easier..." the original said to her in her mind.

"Well..if only I had your powers, everything would be easy..." She responded inaudibly.

"Aheh. My heart bleeds."

"Well you don't have one."

Although the thundercat may not like it but she had to convince Megatron somehow to send her along with those two unreliable co-workers of hers. Starshadow hopped onto a hover board and directed herself infront of Megatron.

"With all due respect Lord Megatron, if we're going to retrieve a rather large potential recruit, I humbly suggest that you send in one or two more soldiers to make sure that the mission is successful. Because the Maximals would've sent more forces to ensure your plans would not succeed," she bowed slightly, "I volunteer to assist Terrorsaur and Tarantulas. I assure you that you can trust me on this mission. Afterall, you did see me took down majority of your crew. The maximals won't be any different."

Now all Starshadow hoped is that Megatron approves of her request and she could investigate the fallen pod on her own.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

( Well, I could go through the long story, but long story short, I was rather busy with life and being sick. Less busy now, so.. Hi. )
starshadow wrote:"With all due respect Lord Megatron, if we're going to retrieve a rather large potential recruit, I humbly suggest that you send in one or two more soldiers to make sure that the mission is successful. Because the Maximals would've sent more forces to ensure your plans would not succeed,""I volunteer to assist Terrorsaur and Tarantulas. I assure you that you can trust me on this mission. Afterall, you did see me took down majority of your crew. The maximals won't be any different."

Slithering out of the shadows of the hall into the bridge, Umbra transformed to his robot mode and raised an optic ridge looking at Starshadow You volunteer? Well.. that's certainly a change of pace. However.. You do know you still can't go anywhere without being monitored? the cephalopod then said. Even with the means to keep her under control, she was far from obedient to the predacons, or anyone other then herself for that matter he thought to himself.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

((OOC: I will post for my characters here as I wait. :D Since I'm playing Rampage, if there is story link between Rampage with any original characters here, please message me details. :D ))

Whitegrazer was at the bridge standing beside Optimus and Rhinox as they all listened to Rattrap's transmission. "A big, yellow X?" She said it out loud, but it was mostly towards herself. She remembered something vague pertaining to that letter, but the only thing she was able to gather from it was that it was some sort of label for some top secret experiment the High Council funded and approved. That's all she could summarize from what she saw. Staring at Optimus and Rhinox, there was something she was feeling, especially from Optimus. Guilt. Something heavy weighing him down. She understood that feeling really well. For a split second, there was a flash of a gigantic figure, who was purely shadow and howled in rage, struggling in chains. It didn't take a genius to connect the dots. Optimus and Rhinox knew what the protoform labeled in an "X" was, but the fact they kept their mouths closed to any particular details showed her that it wasn't something they were comfortable nor wanted to share. "You... You two know this protoform?" She asked, but she probably wouldn't get much a response. That's all right. Optimus would tell her when he was ready. She was patient. "I'm here for you."

She followed Optimus to the platform, sensing Optimus' worry over Rattrap who was alone on patrol, and got on the hoverboard. As they lifted off, heading towards the direction of the pod and Rattrap, her mind wandered a bit back to the Vok and Tarantulas's so-called virus. Due to the Vok's possession of her body, her face and body still remained the same. Half of her face and body was skeletal and the other half was of her original Cybertronian form. The same appearance of the face's Optimus had drawn weeks ago. TyCross has said that was their way of reminding of her heritage, whether she wanted to or not. Of course not to forget that her abilities have heightened and sharpened. She couldn't begin to imagine what laid in store for her and her people. Tarantulas' virus still hasn't shown any symptoms. Still remained dormant, but she knew it wouldn't be for long. The question was what the symptoms and the true nature of this virus would be when it finally starts to show. Tarantulas made a hint that what happened to the Metal Hunter would happen to the Vok and herself. It would be useless to dwell on it.

Despite what the others might feel about the Vok, she still cared for them. After all, they were still her people, and now, they were trapped on Earth. Their location unknown, except to her. She knew, but it was best to not divulge that information.

She looked up at Optimus, "So what are we dealing with? Just in case that protoform is intact?"

When Banshee flew beside them in her robot mode, she smiled at the robot bat in greeting, but it seemed clear that she too was interested in that protoform.

"Banshee? You know about this protoform?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tarantulas didn't like to be ordered by Megatron, and the idea of a protoform retrieval mission wasn't high on his agenda, especially one with the annoying Terrosaur. After all, he wanted to know what rock those aliens were hiding under. He must know. Also, he needed to keep surveillance on the Maximals, especially the Maximal hag and those perky scientists. Despite the fact he was proud of his genius, he knew that any virus could be destroyed in the person working on the cure had a very clear motivation and the Maximals had one clear motivation. Blackarachnia would also be a clear threat. She might not have feelings for the Maximal hag, but she might yet try and destroy his work due to their antagonistic relationship now. Ha!

Though, if the protoform was as big as people believed, he could reprogram the protoform inside and make them loyal to him. Could be a good guard for his lair or bodyguard against the heaviest of foes if he was ever in deep trouble.

And Terrorsaur was easy to deal with.

"As you wish, oh glorious Megatron," he said with a mocking bow. He knew Megatron would see through his facade. Not that it was much of a one. His distaste towards the tyrant was more evident now than ever. Thoug, he had to admit, the protoform seemed special, especially since it was labeled, "I agree. There is something about this protoform that might prove interesting."

He used the flying platform to maneuver to a safe space to transform to his beast mode and land. He rubbed his legs and made his way out of the Darksyde towards the coordinates.
Last edited by una on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC: Welcome back, star and NK! Now that there are more people involved, and although this episode is loosely based upon the one in the show, there are still a few similarities that I would like to happen; Megatron learns about X's history through one of the Preds (namely Terrorsaur hence the reason for keeping his comm. link open) when Optimus explains it to Rattrap and Whitegrazer, the energon storm which scatters and damages everyone so they lose track of the pod and X, and Megatron showing up at the end with his energon blade to splice X's spark in half. Whatever else happens in between these scenarios is fair game. ))
"You... You two know this protoform?"
"Yes," Optimus answered Whitegrazer with a somber voice.
"I'm here for you."
"I know you are," he quietly replied with appreciation. "Forgive me, Whitegrazer, but I'm still processing what happened the other day. I'm still processing... this," Primal gestured to her changed form sitting on his hover board in front of him. "The whole time you were a Vok... and you never told me." He had been hurt by that. Not enough to hate her, by any means, but it was a rather big deal. He could understand why she never spoke of it, there were obviously many reasons, but it was quite a significant revelation, especially to someone like him who had been tortured and remained mentally plagued by their visits. He still trusted her and loved her, however, he just needed time to wrap his head around it. The Vok were still very much a threat to all of them, and as far as he knew, no one knew where they had gone after their last encounter with them when Whitegrazer had "disposed" of the Metal Hunter. His mind was given a break from their invasion. Had they been transported back to space? Were they still festering inside of her? Or had they taken refuge somewhere on the planet? Taking a deep breath, he then said, "Hopefully Rhinox and Aurora will find a cure for that virus Tarantulas infected you with. Although it remains dormant, we can't risk it just sitting idly inside of you until something triggers it when we least expect it."
"Primal, I must insist that I join you,"
"Agreed," the TransMetal ape nodded his shiny, blue head to Banshee when she flew up beside them in the sky. After all, she knew of Protoform X and why he was on board of the Axalon.
"Banshee? You know about this protoform?"
"She does," Optimus answered for the bat. "Only a few of us were privileged with the information and sworn to secrecy by the Elders. But now it seems all of that is about to unfold." Despite what she was about to find out, he wanted Whitegrazer along in hopes of her being able to calm Protoform X by communicating through his spark and help him understand, assuming of course that his spark had survived after all of this time.
"So what are we dealing with? Just in case that protoform is intact?"
"I'll explain when we rendezvous with Rattrap. He'll need to hear the situation to understand the importance of this particular protoform. If the pod has been damaged for a long period of time with the spark exposed to the raw energon fields, then nothing may come of it after all." As someone as compassionate as Optimus, did he really hope that X hadn't survived? Did he really have the ability to hope that a life that was once thought to be nearly immortal had actually been extinguished? Granted, if he had died, it would spare them a lot of grief and destruction in the long term, but it wasn't like Primal to think that way. A part of him wanted X to survive because he deserved to be free; free from the shackles, the torture, the experiments and the captivity. But his survival may very well be the death of Optimus and his crew, as well as the Predacons'.

As the Maximals approached the area, the ceiling of the clouds gradually dropped lower and lower. Heading into the fog, Primal relied on his internal radar and navigation to stay on route to Rattrap's coordinates. He slowly started to descend. "Optimus to Rattrap," he called on his radio. "We're closing in. Has there been any activity?"

"Negative, fearless leader," the rodent replied with some minor interference from the energon and the approaching storm. "All's quiet so far." Rattrap transformed to his robot mode and stood closer to the pod, peering at the legs that stuck out of it. "Ugh. What kinda gross beast mode were you scanned for, pal?" he wondered out loud. Looking at the pod's computer, it had clearly been damaged and unresponsive for some time. And there wasn't much he could see inside of stasis pod from where he was because he was too short and the lid was still resting on the legs.

"Stealth mode," Terrorsaur told his computer as he approached the site in the thick fog. "Acknowledged," it confirmed, and suddenly his engines and electronics were quieter as he descended to the ground and slowed his speed before terrorizing with very little noise and landing on his feet on higher ground as opposed to where Rattrap and the pod were. He kept his distance far enough away to not draw attention to himself but close enough to eavesdrop. "Terrorsaur to Megatron. I'm in position," he reported with a quiet voice, keeping his comm. link open like the tyrant had commanded. There was enough cloud cover between him and Rattrap to keep him disguised from any other Maximals that were going to show up. Nevertheless, he knelt down on one knee and waited patiently. With any luck, Optimus would arrive and explain the situation so the rest of his filthy Maximals would be informed.
"As you wish, oh glorious Megatron," "I agree. There is something about this protoform that might prove interesting. I remember something about a secret experiment ran by the High Council. An experiment that led to a most tragic end for a Maximal colony. Whether this protform has anything to do with it, I don't know, but that "x" seems oddly suspect."
Megatron was well aware of the arachnid's opportunistic agendas, so he had no doubt that he would try to make this protoform his own. This time, he had to put his trust in with Terrorsaur to make sure the scheming spider would fall through his own webs. But in the end, Megatron always planned for alternatives to work in his favor.
"With all due respect Lord Megatron,
Upon hearing Starshadow's voice, Megatron's optics narrowed in her direction, his purple lips curled, adding a growl of irritation from his throat which was to remind her to choose her words very carefully.
if we're going to retrieve a rather large potential recruit, I humbly suggest that you send in one or two more soldiers to make sure that the mission is successful. Because the Maximals would've sent more forces to ensure your plans would not succeed," "I volunteer to assist Terrorsaur and Tarantulas. I assure you that you can trust me on this mission. After all, you did see me took down majority of your crew. The maximals won't be any different."
You volunteer? Well.. that's certainly a change of pace. However.. You do know you still can't go anywhere without being monitored?
"SILENCE!" he bellowed, his deep voice echoing through the ship that was settled on lava, as he slammed his fist down on the arm of his floating throne, emphasizing his order to them with the loud clang of metal against metal. "You dare speak of trust to me?!" Megatron glowered at Starshadow. "In addition to your treachery of incapacitating my troops, your absence of lately shows your complete lack of interest and loyalty for our cause, Starshadow. If I were not in need of numbers against the Maximals, I would rip out your spark at this very moment and extinguish your insignificant existence," he threatened her. "However, as merciful as I am, I'm willing to give you one last chance to prove your usefulness to me."

"Umbra, you'll keep a tight leash on her, won't you?" the Predacon leader rhetorically asked him since that was already an obvious requirement. "She is your responsibility. Do not try my patience, and do not fail me," he snarled through his silver teeth. "You are to report to Terrorsaur on this mission. Dismissed!" he ordered them to leave.
"Terrorsaur to Megatron. I'm in position,"
"Excellent. You and Tarantulas hold back until we acquire the information we need, yesss," he instructed them both. "Umbra and Starshadow will be joining you as well."

Terrorsaur merely rolled his optics at the thought of those two tagging along. To be honest, Umbra made his "skin" crawl. He wasn't sure if it was because of his gross beast mode and all of its slimy legs, or if it was because of his abilities. Maybe it was both. In any case, he was not thrilled about the news. Now he was going to have to watch his back with Starshadow due to her unpredictable history and with Tarantulas if he had any intention on making that protoform his own personal assistant. "Very well," he returned with a hint of disapproval. "I'm picking up on Primal's close proximity. Requesting radio silence."

Descending through the canopy of trees, Optimus weaved around their trunks as he closed in on Rattrap and the enormous stasis pod. He paused to hover a few feet off of the ground to allow Whitegrazer to hop off before he maximized to his robot mode and landed on his feet with a thud. Relieved to see Rattrap hadn't been attacked or harmed, he immediately approached the pod in his faint-but-permanent limp and examined it closely, reaching up and gently touching one of the feet that hung out from underneath the opened lid. "Perhaps it did expire," he commented.

"Uh, do ya mind explainin' to the rest of us what 'it' is?" Rattrap inquired as he folded his arms across his chest, unaware that Banshee already knew. He glanced at Whitegrazer and gave her a small, friendly wave while he continued to adjust to her new and somewhat "deformed" appearance.

"The dark secret of Axalon's journey," Primal answered Rattrap. "...As well as my own." He paused before continuing.

Back at the Darksyde, Megatron eagerly sat forward on his chair, keenly listening to Primal's every word as it peaked his interest.

"It was originally an attempt to replicate Starscream's mutant, indestructible spark with a Maximal," Optimus further explained. He gave a glance in Banshee's direction before looking back at the pod.

"Indestructible? It doesn't look dat way ta me," Rattrap commented as he looked at the seemingly dead body inside.

"Well, it was a mistake to even try," the Maximal leader continued, his voice growing softer with more guilt as he recalled his involvement in the project. "Though brilliant, it was hopelessly treacherous and incapable of being recycled." Optimus finally allowed his memories of his darkest secret to flood into Whitegrazer's mind though their bond, along with his emotions of sorrow, guilt, and shame. He glanced at her before lowering his gaze in his self disappointment. She could see two Maximals desperately trying to maintain control over a very large being with chains attached to his wrists who screamed in pain and with terror in his voice. Not far from the struggle was Optimus himself, overseeing the experiment as the scientist he once was and who had quickly been climbing the ladder of success and ranks. He came highly recommended by his mentor, Nexus Prime, and his credentials and prior experience in Zodiac's "creation" spoke for themselves. Despite his ethical values that made him question everything that had happened to Zodiac with the alien nanotech, this younger, eager-to-please-those-higher-up-than-him Optimus that he had hidden from his crew for so long continued on the path toward tormenting others simply because the High Council demanded it for the "greater good". He knew what they were doing was wrong, and when he eventually stood up for what he believed in, he was given the ultimate task of discarding Protoform X while he remained in frozen stasis like a bag of garbage on some uninhabited, distant planet, far away from Cybertron, as if that would solve all of their problems and cover up one of the biggest mistakes the Maximal Elders ever made. The other problem the Elders had was that too many knew about it, and they foresaw Optimus Primal as the whistle-blower, therefore he was a threat that must be taken care of.

"So, uh, why was it on the Axalon?" the curious rat questioned, realizing now how dangerous this protoform was. And none of them knew about it being on board?! What if it had been activated and got loose on the ship? Would it have killed all of them? They sure as heck wouldn't be able to stop it! This revelation was very disconcerting to Rattrap and made him feel very uneasy.

"To dump it. Some where far... Some place barren..." Primal grew quiet as he let the limp leg go. He stood there for a moment as the surrounding energon crystals seemed to shock the leg he had just released, causing it to apparently involuntarily spasm. Optimus stared thoughtfully at it when he finally made up his mind to tell them all the truth of his darker, less honorable and noble past.

By this point, Megatron was on the edge of his seat. How delightful for this prize to gracefully fall into my hands, oh yessss, he thought evilly and excitedly.

"The experiment was called Protoform X. I was in charge of the team who created his spark," Optimus admitted. "I had put my own selfish desires before the well-being of this individual. I signed off on the tests, the experiments, the pain and torture... All for false promises that were made to me. Like Zodiac, he would have been a weapon, but he had a mind of his own and he couldn't be controlled. When I tried to confront the Elders on the ethics of the dangerously grim situation that would inevitably lead to a similar outcome like that of Zodiac's escape, I was silenced and eventually awarded one of my greatest ambitions... to be Captain of an exploration crew with my very own vessel." He lifted his gaze to see Rattrap's accusing optics piercing him like laser beams.

"You... sold out? Dis whole time... Dis...," Rattrap stammered to find the words he wanted to say. "That's why we're here? Because of you? Because of him?" he pointed to the pod. "And lemme guess, because of 'Grazer too? 'Cause we all know now how deep the Vok have been stickin' their hands in Cybertron's giant cookie jar and chummin' it up with yer ancestor, Prime, eons ago, and the High Council puttin' 'Grazer on your ship's roster. No, it all makes sense, doesn't it? We're all screw-ups so we all got punished by 'conveniently' being the only vessel close enough ta chase down Megatron and goin' through space and time only ta never be seen again. It ain't no coincidence that we're all here together, is it?"

"My dear Optimus. I certainly wish I had known this about you much, much sooner," Megatron deviously thought out loud after he muted his end of the transmission over Terrorsaur's comm. link. "Who knew how dark you once were before you were forced to fight a war against me," he chuckled lightly, crediting himself as the most ruthless and merciless Predacon that Primal would never come to defeat. "Who could have guessed how... similar we really are. Very valuable information indeed. But, as for this allegedly invincible spark, let us see where this leads. If it has expired, it's of no use to me. Fortunately, I am not so easily convinced of such travesties. Terrorsaur," he unmuted his comm. link, "Fire at will! I want that protoform!"

"I wouldn't go as far as calling our unique happenstance a conspiracy, Rattrap," Optimus lied a little, "but I am truly sorry that this the way we've ended up stranded here. I never meant for any of this."

Rattrap shook his head with disappointment, and he disagreed with the denial of his accusation. Angry, he chose not to continue speaking and instead left the rest for Banshee and Whitegrazer to indulge in.
Terrorsaur," "Fire at will! I want that protoform!"
"Music to my audio sensors, Lord Megatron," Terrorsaur gleefully agreed. And with much joy, he reached over his shoulder and wielded his gun, taking aim at the Maximals' feet to avoid hitting the pod but firing in all of their directions as quickly and accurately as he could to make them find cover. "Tarantulas, force the Maximals away from the pod and prepare to examine the protoform!" he ordered the TransMetal arachnid. "Reinforcements are arriving shortly!"
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC: Welcome back, star and NK! Now that there are more people involved, and although this episode is loosely based upon the one in the show, there are still a few similarities that I would like to happen; Megatron learns about X's history through one of the Preds (namely Terrorsaur hence the reason for keeping his comm. link open) when Optimus explains it to Rattrap and Whitegrazer, the energon storm which scatters and damages everyone so they lose track of the pod and X, and Megatron showing up at the end with his energon blade to splice X's spark in half. Whatever else happens in between these scenarios is fair game. ))
((OOC: SURE THANG! AND GAWD DAMMIT MEGS! She just wants to be alone! :lol: ))
If the pod has been damaged for a long period of time with the spark exposed to the raw energon fields, then nothing may come of it after all.
That is possibility. If Protoform X truly expired, then it would leave Hellfang vunerable with their numbers decreasing. She looked at Optimus as he spoke.
"Optimus to Rattrap,""We're closing in. Has there been any activity?"
"Negative, fearless leader,""All's quiet so far."
"Hopefully Megatron's forces would not even have any knowledge about the pod. But we must hurry!" Banshee urged and sped up a little.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You volunteer? Well.. that's certainly a change of pace. However.. You do know you still can't go anywhere without being monitored?
"Nobody asked for your opinion, Tentacles!" the catbot snarled at Umbra for trying to interfere.
"SILENCE!" "You dare speak of trust to me?!""In addition to your treachery of incapacitating my troops, your absence of lately shows your complete lack of interest and loyalty for our cause, Starshadow. If I were not in need of numbers against the Maximals, I would rip out your spark at this very moment and extinguish your insignificant existence," he threatened her. "However, as merciful as I am, I'm willing to give you one last chance to prove your usefulness to me.""However, as merciful as I am, I'm willing to give you one last chance to prove your usefulness to me."
Starshadow's ears flattened as Megatron yelled at her. Normally she would make a sarcastic comeback but this time, she remained silent as the truth stings.
"Umbra and Starshadow will be joining you as well.""Umbra, you'll keep a tight leash on her, won't you?""She is your responsibility. Do not try my patience, and do not fail me,""You are to report to Terrorsaur on this mission. Dismissed!"
A look of disappointment was written all over the catbot's face but she is without a choice. If any protest comes out of her mouth, she would be shot in the face by Megatron's tail cannon. Reluctantly, she nodded and flew out of the Darksyde, leaving Umbra behind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closing into Rattrap's location, she landed beside him and observing Primal handling the pod.
"Perhaps it did expire,"
"Uh, do ya mind explainin' to the rest of us what 'it' is?"
"The dark secret of Axalon's journey,""...As well as my own."
Banshee looked down, feeling a tinge of guilt in her for putting the crew through something they should have known first before joining the Axalon crew. They did not sign up this expedition only to find themselves in a middle of a war with a sleeping psychopath on board the ship in the beginning.
"It was originally an attempt to replicate Starscream's mutant, indestructible spark with a Maximal,"
"Indestructible? It doesn't look dat way ta me,"
"Well, it was a mistake to even try,""Though brilliant, it was hopelessly treacherous and incapable of being recycled."
"So, uh, why was it on the Axalon?"
"To dump it. Some where far... Some place barren..."
"And to keep it out of someone's reach. If this experiment ends up in the wrong hands, who knows what destruction they could cause." she added, putting a hand on the pod, sighing in relief, "Thank Primus.."
"The experiment was called Protoform X. I was in charge of the team who created his spark,""I had put my own selfish desires before the well-being of this individual. I signed off on the tests, the experiments, the pain and torture... All for false promises that were made to me. Like Zodiac, he would have been a weapon, but he had a mind of his own and he couldn't be controlled. When I tried to confront the Elders on the ethics of the dangerously grim situation that would inevitably lead to a similar outcome like that of Zodiac's escape, I was silenced and eventually awarded one of my greatest ambitions... to be Captain of an exploration crew with my very own vessel."
Banshee's ears perked up hearing more about Primal's history. She knew the High Council was corrupt in their own way but not like this but she understood their decision for keeping Primal's mouth shut.
"You... sold out? Dis whole time... Dis...,""That's why we're here? Because of you? Because of him?" "And lemme guess, because of 'Grazer too? 'Cause we all know now how deep the Vok have been stickin' their hands in Cybertron's giant cookie jar and chummin' it up with yer ancestor, Prime, eons ago, and the High Council puttin' 'Grazer on your ship's roster. No, it all makes sense, doesn't it? We're all screw-ups so we all got punished by 'conveniently' being the only vessel close enough ta chase down Megatron and goin' through space and time only ta never be seen again. It ain't no coincidence that we're all here together, is it?"
I wouldn't go as far as calling our unique happenstance a conspiracy, Rattrap,""but I am truly sorry that this the way we've ended up stranded here. I never meant for any of this."
Banshee followed and put a hand on Rattrap's shoulder, "Rattrap, none of us wanted this to happen. I apologize for keeping this whole thing a secret as well. I was tasked by the Tripredacus Council to make sure the pod is to be dumped as Optimus said. Please understand- GAHH!" she spoke, before getting shot in the arm by one of Terrorsaur's laser, "INCOMING!"
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Megatron wrote:"SILENCE!" "You dare speak of trust to me?!" "In addition to your treachery of incapacitating my troops, your absence of lately shows your complete lack of interest and loyalty for our cause, Starshadow. If I were not in need of numbers against the Maximals, I would rip out your spark at this very moment and extinguish your insignificant existence," "However, as merciful as I am, I'm willing to give you one last chance to prove your usefulness to me."

Umbra simply observed quietly, then looked at Megatron as he was spoken to.
Megatron wrote:"Umbra, you'll keep a tight leash on her, won't you?" "She is your responsibility. Do not try my patience, and do not fail me,""You are to report to Terrorsaur on this mission. Dismissed!"
Umbra gave a nod, then turned and rushed off to follow Starshadow, coming near the exit of the ship his back thruster kicked in increasing his running speed, then sprung up with the thrusters in his legs into the air and opened his tentacles like wings, flying after Starshadow. He turned on his comlink Don't rush off on your own. While you might be able to take out most the Predacons, the Maximals are another story. Cooperate... and you might just earn your freedom.

Over the period of time that he'd put the collar on her, the Octopus was already growing tired of his new role as a "pet" owner, finding a rabid wild animal to be less chaotic then the vampiric feline. Knowing her, she'll probably use any opportunity she can to try to escape, perhaps even beg the maximals for help. It would seem unlikely for a common predacon, but she was far from it.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

"I know you are," he quietly replied with appreciation. "Forgive me, Whitegrazer, but I'm still processing what happened the other day. I'm still processing... this," Primal gestured to her changed form sitting on his hover board in front of him. "The whole time you were a Vok... and you never told me."
"I understand." Whitegrazer made no excuses for herself. She did lie, hiding the fact that she was one of the aliens. Part of her just wanting to forget about it just as the Vok forgot and threw her away. Part of her just wanted to feel as vacant and nonchalant towards them as they were towards her. But there was always a part that just didn't forget. That part hampered her own negative feelings towards them. Especially what they did when the Metal Hunter was collapsing around them. They could have stayed inside her body, but instead, they let her go, allowing them all to escape while they flew the Metal Hunter across towards the other side of the planet, becoming a twinkling star then implode like a volcano. Though, they didn't fix her body. She had to get some repairs done as well as deal with this new appearance. "I'm still processing this change as well." She looked at herself. Unsure what to feel about this. "This body makes me look... intimidating, but that wasn't the point they were trying to make. Now, I can't simply walk away from what I am now."

TyCross' last words towards her after she repaired herself rung inside her mind once more, "One day, Whitegrazer, you are going to have to make a choice: Vok or Cybertronian. Us or them."

Why did she have to choose?

Why couldn't she just be both?
"Hopefully Rhinox and Aurora will find a cure for that virus Tarantulas infected you with. Although it remains dormant, we can't risk it just sitting idly inside of you until something triggers it when we least expect it."
"I believe that was the idea." Whitegrazer looked at her hands. They trembled a bit. "Tarantulas wants the Vok... us... them...us..." Whitegrazer sighed. "Us to suffer. He hates us. I would explain, but... you have a lot on your mind now with this new protoform." Optimus didn't need more Cybertronian politics threw on his lap nor did she want to give him information that could endanger him, especially with Tarantulas and the Tripredicus Council. That wasn't his fight. It was the Vok's and hers. Whitegrazer looked at Optimus and smiled, "I have faith in Rhinox and Aurora. I know they would do whatever they can. No doubt the Vok are also trying."
"She does," Optimus answered for the bat. "Only a few of us were privileged with the information and sworn to secrecy by the Elders. But now it seems all of that is about to unfold."
Whitegrazer was really interested in knowing what or who this protoform was. The closer they got though gave her a sense of a crippling dread. Silence. Hmm. Because of her newfound abilities, she would have sense something now. Maybe... maybe it was dead?
"I'll explain when we rendezvous with Rattrap. He'll need to hear the situation to understand the importance of this particular protoform. If the pod has been damaged for a long period of time with the spark exposed to the raw energon fields, then nothing may come of it after all."
"I feel... nothing from it," Whitegrazer told him. "I can't sense it's spark." She didn't know what the history was, but this protoform brought out a great pain and regret from Optimus. He seemed... disturbed. Turmoil over what to feel over the situation.

As they reached the coordinates, she hopped off the hoverboard and glanced around the surroundings that were full of trees and a fog in the distance. There was also a huge chunk of raw energon a few feet from them. Since she wasn't a transmetal, her body would be absorbing the energon and migt force her to go into beast mode. She closed her optics for a moment. The area imitated a cold chill like walking over someone's grave. There was a dead silence. In most places around this planet, it was full of life with birds flying above or harmless animals just eating or walking on by, but there were no birds or animals here. There might be some, but either they were hiding or they were stalking.
"Perhaps it did expire,"
She walked over to be beside Optimus, watching him examine the huge pod before them. She looked over it herself, still feeling nothing.
"Uh, do ya mind explainin' to the rest of us what 'it' is?"
Whitegrazer smiled and nodded at Rattrap's greeting. She could tell he was still trying to get used to her form, but at least, it didn't frighten him off. Poor Aurora. She still reminded when she accidentally scared her when she got out of the CR chambers.
"The dark secret of Axalon's journey," Primal answered Rattrap. "...As well as my own."
"It was originally an attempt to replicate Starscream's mutant, indestructible spark with a Maximal,"
Oh no.... They didn't...
"Indestructible? It doesn't look dat way ta me,"
She looked at the protoform, touching the same limb Optimus did. Cold.
"Well, it was a mistake to even try," the Maximal leader continued, his voice growing softer with more guilt as he recalled his involvement in the project. "Though brilliant, it was hopelessly treacherous and incapable of being recycled."
When Optimus glanced at her, those emotions of guilt and sorrow flooded towards her once more. Her mind flashed to the scene she saw earlier except it was a bit more clearer now even if the screaming giant was cast in shadows. Two Maximals struggling to get the struggling giant to go somewhere she couldn't begin to imagine. "He... didn't volunteer for this, did he?" She asked, but she bet she knew the answer to that. If the protoform was just newly-born, then the protoform had no say in this, and if the protoform did have a former life before the experiments, he either didn't realize what he was getting into or something happened that made him the perfect candidate.

She wondered how Optimus got involved with this, but then she remembered. Zodiac.
"So, uh, why was it on the Axalon?"
"To dump it. Some where far... Some place barren..."
"And to keep it out of someone's reach. If this experiment ends up in the wrong hands, who knows what destruction they could cause." she added, putting a hand on the pod, sighing in relief, "Thank Primus.."
"I understand keeping him from getting into the wrong hands, but I disagree with just dumping him on a barren planet. " Whitegrazer shook her head. To her, it just seemed like the High Council didn't want to deal with that failure and force the responsibility on to someone else. "What did this protoform do that forced such a decision?"

When the energon spasmed, her right arm, the skeletal side, jerked with a surge of electricity and cracked almost as loud as thunder. It made her flinch. Not because it was painful, but because it was loud.

"Sorry, it must be the huge concentration of Energon. My right arm has been tingling ever since."

She rubbed her right arm, feeling the tingling sensation yet again.
The experiment was called Protoform X. I was in charge of the team who created his spark," Optimus admitted. "I had put my own selfish desires before the well-being of this individual. I signed off on the tests, the experiments, the pain and torture... All for false promises that were made to me. Like Zodiac, he would have been a weapon, but he had a mind of his own and he couldn't be controlled. When I tried to confront the Elders on the ethics of the dangerously grim situation that would inevitably lead to a similar outcome like that of Zodiac's escape, I was silenced and eventually awarded one of my greatest ambitions... to be Captain of an exploration crew with my very own vessel."
Whitegrazer just listened to what Optimus had to say. He needed to say it. To get it all out.
"You... sold out? Dis whole time... Dis...," Rattrap stammered to find the words he wanted to say. "That's why we're here? Because of you? Because of him?" he pointed to the pod. "And lemme guess, because of 'Grazer too? 'Cause we all know now how deep the Vok have been stickin' their hands in Cybertron's giant cookie jar and chummin' it up with yer ancestor, Prime, eons ago, and the High Council puttin' 'Grazer on your ship's roster. No, it all makes sense, doesn't it? We're all screw-ups so we all got punished by 'conveniently' being the only vessel close enough ta chase down Megatron and goin' through space and time only ta never be seen again. It ain't no coincidence that we're all here together, is it?"
Whitegrazer shook her head. It was like Rattrap to be paranoid, and she knew much of it was warranted. Though, despite how anything seemed, she was the one who volunteered to go on the Axalon, and even if the High Council might have had an ulterior motive, it doesn't change the fact that she choose to come here as it was her choice to come to Cybertron, causing a chain event that caused Nemesis and Zodiac a great pain that she still working on to heal. Optimus made a mistake, and yes, maybe he should have learned it after Zodiac, but that didn't change the fact that Optimus realized it was wrong and tried to do something about it. Even if that something amounted to nothing because the High Council didn't listen.

"Rattrap, you have every right to be upset, but now is time to figure out what we must do. We can't change the past," she glanced at Optimus, "But we can effect the future and the future of this one protoform. Though, if the protoform is dead, then all we can do now is take this protoform back to base and maybe give it a proper burial." She stopped, feeling fingers run against her spine.

Something wasn't right.
"Rattrap, none of us wanted this to happen. I apologize for keeping this whole thing a secret as well. I was tasked by the Tripredacus Council to make sure the pod is to be dumped as Optimus said. Please understand- GAHH!" "INCOMING!"
Whitegrazer watched in horror as Banshee got hit, "Banshee!" Because of her increased sensitivity, she felt the hit to Banshee's shoulder., stinging her arm. Her right arm sparked a bit. An electrical current surged through her finger tips. She jumped over the pod and went to assist the other female, shielding her from the fire from Terrorsaur. One of them hit her arm and scratched her leg. "Get behind the pod!" Bullets rushed towards her feet. She jumped to avoid them while looking for the one who did that.

Then someone jumped on to her back, making her stagger as she tried to see who it was.

"My, my, my," He looked at the pod with a lingering gaze. "That's a big one. He would make an excellent soldier under Predacon command, but I'm more concern about the location of your pals. Where are they hiding?!"

"Tarantulas?" Whitegrazer rolled over to try and get the spider off her back.

"Where are they, you hag! I know you know!"

Tarantulas aimed his weapon at her, but Whitegrazer just shook her head, "If I did, I wouldn't tell you."

"Fine then."

Tarantulas aimed at the energon chunk, but Whitegrazer rolled to throw off his aim. She grabbed one of his legs and was able to throw him off her.
Last edited by una on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"I understand." "I'm still processing this change as well."
Whitegrazer had made a valid point. Optimus had to remind himself to remain thoughtful and sensitive to her dealing with the changes to her body and not just how he was feeling betrayed by her secret. She and the others still weren't sure what the extent of those new modifications were.
"This body makes me look... intimidating, but that wasn't the point they were trying to make. Now, I can't simply walk away from what I am now."
"You mean you can no longer disguise it," the Maximal leader had commented softly. "But the way I see it, there's nothing to hide or walk away from, Whitegrazer. We are who we are. And whoever we were in the past does not define who are in the present. People can adapt or change as they gain experience and wisdom throughout their lives. Many of them make the change to better themselves and those around them," he said in reference to himself.
"I believe that was the idea." "Tarantulas wants the Vok... us... them...us..." "Us to suffer. He hates us. I would explain, but... you have a lot on your mind now with this new protoform."
Optimus had briefly put a hand over her's to help stop them from trembling. "He can hate the Vok, but he shouldn't hate you just because they are your heritage. Unlike them, you're not trying to destroy the entire planet. Tarantulas would be wise to leave you alone as an ambassador to the Vok, but his own agenda, or perhaps someone else's, may override that logic."
"I have faith in Rhinox and Aurora. I know they would do whatever they can. No doubt the Vok are also trying."
"I have faith in them as well," Primal had agreed with the equine.
"And to keep it out of someone's reach. If this experiment ends up in the wrong hands, who knows what destruction they could cause." "Thank Primus.."
Optimus nodded in agreement to Banshee's words.
"Rattrap, none of us wanted this to happen. I apologize for keeping this whole thing a secret as well. I was tasked by the Tripredacus Council to make sure the pod is to be dumped as Optimus said.
"The Tripredacus Council? How many Councils were involved with dis guy?! And you knew about it, too?!" Rattrap asked with surprise, and shrugged his shoulder away from Banshee's hand that she had placed on it which had been meant to comfort him in her apology.

Primal sighed quietly and bowed his head for a brief moment with Rattrap's reaction before he looked to the others again. "You don't have to apologize, Banshee. It was my decision to deem it on a 'need-to-know' basis, and no one needed to know."

"Huh. Yeah, until now," the rodent commented.
"I feel... nothing from it," "I can't sense it's spark."
The Maximal Commander watched Whitegrazer closely and curiously. Part of what she said was a relief, and part of it was still a little sad.
"He... didn't volunteer for this, did he?"
"He did," he replied as he recalled that dark day. "But he was coerced and ultimately lied to. I imagine he held a lot of resentment and anger when he realized what was going to happen to him, both before the experiment and afterward when he was locked up."
"I understand keeping him from getting into the wrong hands, but I disagree with just dumping him on a barren planet."
"As did I. But without knowing how to euthanize his spark, which may have been more 'humane'," Optimus used that word lightly, "the Elders couldn't risk him running amok on Cybertron and harming innocent bots. The best, or rather the easiest, idea they could conjure up was leaving him to his own devices on a planet where no one could ever find him and one that was uninhabited so he couldn't continue to maim or kill if he was ever re-activated."
"What did this protoform do that forced such a decision?"
"If you heard about the incident on Omicron... Protoform X had escaped there and leveled the colony. He was hunted for four stellar cycles by the only survivor who had been in charge of Omicron's security and brought him back to Cybertron. This individual asked the High Council to find a way to destroy his spark, but they turned X over to me instead." He paused for a sorrowful moment before adding, "All of those murdered on Omicron still weigh heavily on me."

"Dis is the guy who did that on Omicron?!" Rattrap asked for clarification as he was taken aback. "This ain't good, Optimus. You know that, right? Dis is serious. I still can't believe you were involved with all of this." He shook his head with great disappointment. "You sure ain't the bot I thought you were."

Primal didn't comment. He accepted Rattrap's apprehension and distrust since he felt he deserved it. He knew he had done some very questionable, unethical and horrible things back on Cybertron. Fortunately, he wasn't that Maximal any longer, but he wasn't going to try and convince Rattrap of that right now. Sooner or later, he'd make his own observations and recollections of Primal's leadership and come to his own conclusion about him.
"Sorry, it must be the huge concentration of Energon. My right arm has been tingling ever since."
Rattrap jumped at the sound her arm made while Optimus frowned. "You should stand back away from the raw energon," he suggested to her.
"Rattrap, you have every right to be upset, but now is time to figure out what we must do. We can't change the past," "But we can effect the future and the future of this one protoform. Though, if the protoform is dead, then all we can do now is take this protoform back to base and maybe give it a proper burial."
"Well, I'm all for dat. And later we can sit around a camp fire and really get ta know each other while we roast our energon s'mores and bond," Rattrap mocked a little bit as he rolled his optics.
Please understand- GAHH!" "INCOMING!"
"Banshee!" "Get behind the pod!"
As quickly as Whitegrazer was to aid Banshee, Optimus spun around to see where the firepower was coming from. Through the fog, he noticed a shadowy figure approaching them. Terrorsaur. He glared at him.

"The Predacons will gladly claim that protoform!" Terrorsaur happily announced with a squawk as he shot at the Maximals while Tarantulas took a more direct approach by suddenly attacking Whitegrazer.

One of the TransMetal 'dactyl's missiles exploded upon impact on the ground between Rattrap and Optimus, causing them to jump in opposite directions away from the pod and their comrades. Both of them quickly got to their feet, grabbed their guns and fired a couple shots at Terrorsaur as the Predacon proceeded to hover in mid-air and close in on his victims. Easily, he strafed their gunfire and laughed.

"This is unnecessary! His spark has extinguished! We were too late!" Optimus told Terrorsaur.

"Pardon me if I don't buy your lies, Optimus Primal, because it sounds like you were pretty good at deception back on Cybertron!" Terrorsaur fired another missile at a ledge behind the ape, blowing off its mid-section so the top of it would fall right onto him.

Without realizing what Terrorsaur had done, thinking he had simply missed his target, Optimus was quick to return fire at the Predacon until he suddenly found himself pinned under large pieces of rubble that collapsed on him from above, temporarily knocking him unconscious.

With Terrorsaur distracted, Rattrap fired repeatedly at his engines. "Not so fast, cheese-breath!" the flier squawked and suddenly flew up to avoid the rat's onslaught of firepower, laughing while doing so in a cocky manner. He fired back at him with his gun, hitting the rodent directly on his chest.

Terrorsaur's shot slammed into the smaller Maximal so hard that it sent him flying off of his feet into a pile of raw energon nearby. The impact of his TransMetal body landing in it sent electrical shock waves outward which touched everything and everyone within its plane, including X's stasis pod, while it also electrocuted Rattrap on ground zero. The jolt rocked the pod a little bit as though it had given it some voltage through a defibrillator. Although the protoform remained off-line, the stasis pod continued to fluctuate with power from the energon surge.

Satisfied with his work, Terrorsaur fired a couple shots at Banshee to keep her away while he lowered himself next to the pod to investigate it. "What are you doing, Tarantulas?! I told you to tend to the protoform!" he said as he gazed over to find the spider in an altercation with the hideous Maximal horse. Touching the pod with his finger, it gave him a shock and he immediately retracted his hand from it with a grumble. "Something's wrong," he observed.

Groaning, Optimus awoke under the debris and started to push it off of himself. The distant thunder was growing louder now with faint flashes of lightning illuminating the fog.

-----

"Not even so much as a 'thank you' for the gratitude I showed sparing her life," Megatron said bitterly toward Starshadow after she and Umbra had departed. "Ungratefulness will not be tolerated," he growled, as if he truly believed he was merciful as he saw himself to be. Of course, his mercy did not measure up to that of Primal's because he saw it as a weakness, which he often took advantage of with his pathetic adversary.

Shifting his thoughts from her to the situation at hand, Megatron continued listening through Terrorsaur's open transmission. So far, he was pleased with how they were handling it, until Terrorsaur made a mention about Tarantulas disobeying orders. Fortunately, Starshadow and Umbra should be arriving there shortly to help even the odds and get the spider back on track.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

((OOC: When you're typing a post half asleep...))
Don't rush off on your own. While you might be able to take out most the Predacons, the Maximals are another story. Cooperate... and you might just earn your freedom.
"Sorry not sorry Tentacles McDreamy, the Maximals are already there and if you can't keep up, it's your problem. Besides, Predacons don't believe in freedom for their followers. So blow it at your audio! I have better things to do than listening to your complains..." she shut off her radio and boosted up her thrusters, closing in to a dark foggy swamp.

Banshee nodded and jumped over behind the pod to take cover thanks to Whitegrazer covering her and looked at the burnt armor of her arm. Fortunately it can still function. The Predacons do know about the pod's location, which means Starshadow is no doubt coming to get her "friend". The bat femme drew her battle rifle and aimed it at Terrorsaur, firing it while looking out for the catbot.
"The Predacons will gladly claim that protoform!"
"This is unnecessary! His spark has extinguished! We were too late!"
"Pardon me if I don't buy your lies, Optimus Primal, because it sounds like you were pretty good at deception back on Cybertron!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starshadow noticed some gunfire in the distance and looked at the ground. To her shock it was the very same pod X was sealed in when she attempted to rescue him before he was sent onto a ship for it to be delivered to a ship hangar. The memory of her one of her final days in Cybertron flashed in her mind.

Nightstar, now in her new body as the latest downgraded protoform was running through the halls leading to a huge science lab with Maximal guards firing at her, only to be cut down quickly. If Commander Starshadow was still alive, she would have tore the place apart easily, making the mission a lot easier. Unfortunately, she chose to die in a huge explosion along with General Thanatos. A touching love story that cost Hellfang the deaths of many that fought for a change. Nightstar opened her radio and contacted the best hacker she has ever seen,

"Starshade, have your team taken control of the security room?"

"Yes sister, I'm granting your team all access to all areas. Hurry up, Time is short."

NightStar dashed through another wave of guards while her underlings engage them, coming across a split path, "Where is he?"

"To your left, up straight and turn left again! The Maximals are trying to subdue X! He's in the hangar!"

Nightstar growled and drew her gun, firing on those who stand in her way and gut gets shot by bullet, causing her to fall. Xychona from the upper levels narrowed her pastel yellow optics and gunned down a few her lackeys. Hellfang's leader looked back in shock as they dropped dead onto the floor. The Predacon Commando took cover as the remaining Hellfang soldiers started firing at her.

"GET TO X QUICKLY! WE'LL CATCH UP!" one of them yelled as he took cover with the rest of his comrades. Wasting no time, Nightstar activated her thrusters and flew along the halls, shouting as she was closing in,

"X!!" but it was too late, Protoform X was sealed in a giant pod with his name branded on it, being loaded onto the cargo ship and there was no way she could get him out alone. Nightstar narrowed her optics and let out an angry roar and she started firing her gun again, killing a few guards who were protecting the ship.

"STARSHADE! GET BACK TO VENGEANCE! X HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED OUT!" she yelled into her comlinks as the cargo ship left the hangar and pressed a button on her wrist, teleporting back to the command center of her invisible ship. After the others returned, the ship quickly uncloaks itself and followed after the cargo ship, only to be followed by a huge group of aircrafts from the MCSF, (Maximal Command Security Force) forcing them to retreat.

Starshadow landed on the pod infront of Banshee with a twisted smile, "hello again Xychona!" she backflipped and landed on the muddy ground when Banshee pulled the trigger, dodging the laser, "miss me, old comrade?"

"Not one bit! You're not getting X like you tried the last time!" Banshee fired again, "He's dead!"

Starshadow took the hit to the shoulder, stumbling back a bit and glared at her with white fangs bared, "Unlikely! My spies gave me interesting and detailed reports about his development. He's near immortal!" she narrowed her optics at her.

"Your spies..?"

"Yes. In places you could imagine. Some in the government sectors working for both the High Council and the Tripredacus Council, secret military organizations, even regular civilians. I have spies everywhere... including the ones that assassinated most of your commando friends right inside the Commando headquarters. Too bad you won't live to tell your precious governments!" Starshadow kept away her gun and started firing out electric bolts at Banshee while she dodges them, flying up to the sky and let out her anger through an audio piercing screech of her sonic blast, sending Starshadow crashing towards a few trees.
"Something's wrong,"
As the sound of thunder roars louder, the two femme bots looked up.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

starshadow wrote: "Sorry not sorry Tentacles McDreamy, the Maximals are already there and if you can't keep up, it's your problem. Besides, Predacons don't believe in freedom for their followers. So blow it at your audio! I have better things to do than listening to your complains..."

Umbra rolled his optics, so much for that. Least Terrorsaur and Tarantulas to a degree would be more cooperative. Watching Starshadow fly off ahead, Umbra looked over the general terran, looking for any maximals in hiding for an ambush, or to find a good place if he needed to make a retreat or ambush. Seemed to be an area with dense vegetation, though the stormy weather seemed concerning..

Flying in closer, he could see Starshadow was busy fighting Banshee, Optimus Primal surprisingly was down, and Terrorsaur was fighting Rattrap. Looking towards Tarantulas being thrown, he saw the new appearance of Whitegrazer, then descended from the air before her. I got this Tarantulas, access the pod while I give you cover. Umbra then drew a few throwing blades, holding one in a reverse grip by his robot hand, while two others were held by a pair of tentacles. He thrusted one of the blades held by the tentacle swiftly at Whitegrazer's head, then stepped in closer slashing at her stomach with his robot arm.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

"You mean you can no longer disguise it," the Maximal leader had commented softly. "But the way I see it, there's nothing to hide or walk away from, Whitegrazer. We are who we are. And whoever we were in the past does not define who are in the present. People can adapt or change as they gain experience and wisdom throughout their lives. Many of them make the change to better themselves and those around them,"
"I wasn't trying to deceive you, Optimus, or anyone." Whitegrazer lowered her head. "I just wanted to forget. When the Vok left me after what happened on the planet Gaila, I thought I would never see them or Nexus Zero again. Back then, I didn't really enjoy being Cybertronian. The physical body at the time was just a means to end. To think that I was forever trapped, to think I was a failure, to think that I will never be me again... I couldn't handle it. At first. But I slowly resigned myself to fate. I thought my wounds healed, but when the Vok were here, those wounds reopened. And now, I am being forced to choose between what I am and who I am." Whitegrazer's optics lit up with a flame. She despised the fact she was being thrown in the middle. "All I know is... I can't return to the woman I was. The Vok are just going to have to accept the fact that I'm not the Vok they throw out of their existence. Though, everyone, including myself, has to accept that fact that I'm not fully Cybertronian either. In the middle, again." Whitegrazer sighed.
Optimus had briefly put a hand over her's to help stop them from trembling. "He can hate the Vok, but he shouldn't hate you just because they are your heritage. Unlike them, you're not trying to destroy the entire planet. Tarantulas would be wise to leave you alone as an ambassador to the Vok, but his own agenda, or perhaps someone else's, may override that logic."
"Oh, Optimus," she smiled, placing her other hand over his in gratitude, "he doesn't want or have need for an ambassador. He wants our destruction. And I know you and the others would try and reason with him, but his hatred towards us burns as bright as Megatron's conquest for power and tyranny. Tarantulas have proven that with the virus. A slow, painful death." Whitegrazer looked up at Optimus, gently rubbing his hand still, "Despite what I said earlier, I do want to tell you this: No matter how many times Tarantulas might cooperate with us against the aliens or even against Megatron, he would never be on our side. Never. Just watch... yourselves."
"I have faith in them as well,"
Maybe, just maybe, if the cure was created, they could help the Vok, and maybe, with that simple action of mercy and compassion, her people might see that Optimus and the others weren't a threat nor an enemy.
"He did," he replied as he recalled that dark day. "But he was coerced and ultimately lied to. I imagine he held a lot of resentment and anger when he realized what was going to happen to him, both before the experiment and afterward when he was locked up."
"Does he remember what he once was? Or... does he not remember?" Whitegrazer asked with curiosity.
"As did I. But without knowing how to euthanize his spark, which may have been more 'humane'," Optimus used that word lightly, "the Elders couldn't risk him running amok on Cybertron and harming innocent bots. The best, or rather the easiest, idea they could conjure up was leaving him to his own devices on a planet where no one could ever find him and one that was uninhabited so he couldn't continue to maim or kill if he was ever re-activated."
"Euthanize?" Whitegrazer raised an eyebrow to that.
"You should stand back away from the raw energon,"
Yup, maybe she should. She rubbed her arm once more.
"If you heard about the incident on Omicron... Protoform X had escaped there and leveled the colony. He was hunted for four stellar cycles by the only survivor who had been in charge of Omicron's security and brought him back to Cybertron. This individual asked the High Council to find a way to destroy his spark, but they turned X over to me instead." He paused for a sorrowful moment before adding, "All of those murdered on Omicron still weigh heavily on me."
"He... he did that?" Whitegrazer remembered when the HoloNews broadcast the terrible incident. Of course, it was reported that an accident in one of the colony's science labs caused an huge explosion and the high death toll, but it was the work of this one bot? "Three hundred thousand colonists. He did that all by himself? That's just... so unbelievable." Though, she noticed Optimus mentioned a survivor. She wanted who this survivor was, and why wasn't he or she put on this mission? "Why was such a dangerous experiment done so close to a colony full of people?"

She couldn't feel how pained Optimus was. She shook her head at the horror of such a situation. So many lives lost over a experiment to create a supersoldier due to their failure of not controlling Zodiac. Zodiac.... This. This was all just so... foolish. Foolish.
"Dis is the guy who did that on Omicron?!" Rattrap asked for clarification as he was taken aback. "This ain't good, Optimus. You know that, right? Dis is serious. I still can't believe you were involved with all of this." He shook his head with great disappointment. "You sure ain't the bot I thought you were."
"Optimus, you regret it. It's not much of a comfort to the victims lost. I know that," Whitegrazer gazed at Optimus. She knew how it felt to be responsible for the deaths of a bunch of people. Situations were different, but the emotions were the same. "But you have shown me. Shown us that you are working to better yourself. The way you have reacted with Nemesis, Saberfang, Zodiac, and Arachnitron proves that. We can't change what has happened. We can now only remember, and never forget."

As she said, it may not be a comfort, but she knows Optimus won't make the same mistake three times.

That is all she could say before the Predacons entered the scene, trying to claim the protoform.

She watched as a boulder crashed on Optimus, "Optimus!" But she could go to his aid as Tarantulas still held a weapon towards her. He smirked as he turned to aim at the downed Optimus.
"What are you doing, Tarantulas?! I told you to tend to the protoform!"
"Back off, ptedactyl idiot!" Tarantulas turned to glare at Terrosaur, which gave Whitegrazer the opportunity to dashed towards him to disarm him and gave him a palm strike to arm and face, dazzling him.
I got this Tarantulas, access the pod while I give you cover.
Whitegrazer didn't notice Umbra's descending towards her. She deflected the knife at her with her hand, but she couldn't dodge in time from Umbra's attack towards her stomach. Holding her stomach area, taking a step back, she smiled up at Umbra, a genuine one as she respected him as well as thanked him for the help back with Zodiac, "It's good to see you, Umbra."

Tarantulas fired a missile at her.

She was thrown against the pod and fell forward. Her right arm hit an energon chunk. At first, nothing happened. Then an electrical current sparked. The energon shook as well as the pod.

She felt something. Something sparked to life. Something painful. She gripped her chest area, grimacing. A deadening scream from within her own spark!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Her eyes went red for a moment, matching the same scream that shouted from within the pod, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Tarantulas felt that scream, holding his auditory sensors.

The energon imploded, creating an gigantic tornedo of wind and energon currents covering the entire area. The pod floated and swirled around. Whitegrazer felt her entire body lift from the ground. Tarantulas tried to hold on to a tree's root unearthed from the ground, but he lost his grip as the enegron storm was just too strong. He too flew in the air. Swirling around and around like everything and everyone else. Like a slingshot.

((OOC: Great job, everyone!!! You all awakened a gigantic bot who would kill and eat all of you without any hesitation! *slowly claps* Well done! :lol: ))
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"I wasn't trying to deceive you, Optimus, or anyone." "I just wanted to forget. When the Vok left me after what happened on the planet Gaila, I thought I would never see them or Nexus Zero again. Back then, I didn't really enjoy being Cybertronian. The physical body at the time was just a means to end. To think that I was forever trapped, to think I was a failure, to think that I will never be me again... I couldn't handle it. At first. But I slowly resigned myself to fate. I thought my wounds healed, but when the Vok were here, those wounds reopened. And now, I am being forced to choose between what I am and who I am." "All I know is... I can't return to the woman I was. The Vok are just going to have to accept the fact that I'm not the Vok they throw out of their existence. Though, everyone, including myself, has to accept that fact that I'm not fully Cybertronian either. In the middle, again."
Optimus had taken her words into careful consideration, understanding how she found herself in the middle torn between two homes and two families, so to speak. "I'm not going to make you choose, Whitegrazer," he had said to her softly. "You shouldn't have to. You need to listen to your spark and do what's best for you," he emphasized. "I'll always be here for you no matter what you decide and no matter what happens."
"Oh, Optimus," "he doesn't want or have need for an ambassador. He wants our destruction. And I know you and the others would try and reason with him, but his hatred towards us burns as bright as Megatron's conquest for power and tyranny. Tarantulas have proven that with the virus. A slow, painful death." "Despite what I said earlier, I do want to tell you this: No matter how many times Tarantulas might cooperate with us against the aliens or even against Megatron, he would never be on our side. Never. Just watch... yourselves."
The Maximal leader had nodded at her feeling her hand on his. He was fully aware how cunning and scheming Tarantulas was, and he couldn't be trusted. And he knew he was bent on harming and even terminating Whitegrazer. That was because he was a fool! Did something scare Tarantulas about the Vok that fueled his desire to kill them? Or was he simply following orders from someone else? Why was he so angry with them? They were missing something about this... Something Tarantulas was hiding. But what? Whatever it was, Optimus was far more focused on finding a cure to help Whitegrazer, even if that meant taking the spider prisoner.
"Does he remember what he once was? Or... does he not remember?"
"I don't know," Optimus had admitted. "That's why I wanted you to come along, to try and communicate with this spark."
"Euthanize?"
"Yes. It's not what I would have wanted, but he was out of control. How does one make someone who's indestructible submit or obey? He wouldn't... or couldn't. He was a grave danger to everyone..."
"He... he did that?" "Three hundred thousand colonists. He did that all by himself? That's just... so unbelievable." "Why was such a dangerous experiment done so close to a colony full of people?"
"Because they weren't thinking ahead!" Primal almost shouted with frustration. "They never considered that a catastrophe of such magnitude could happen by one being. They...! ...We," he corrected himself, "underestimated his strength and power. We thought we were the 'supreme beings' and that he would obey his 'masters'. Never did we even consider he could cause so much destruction. We were responsible for what happened on Omicron, but the Elders simply tried sweeping it under the rug, falsifying what had occurred there and by whom. It was just an unforeseeable 'accident' to the public's eye."
"Optimus, you regret it. It's not much of a comfort to the victims lost. I know that," "But you have shown me. Shown us that you are working to better yourself. The way you have reacted with Nemesis, Saberfang, Zodiac, and Arachnitron proves that. We can't change what has happened. We can now only remember, and never forget."
Optimus had nodded quietly to Whitegrazer accepting her words thoughtfully. "Still, it is something I will have to live with the rest of my life."

Back to the present, Primal continued to slowly push and roll the heavy pieces of rocks off of his body while he heard the commotion around the pod. His gun was missing, probably buried under another pile which he couldn't reach just yet.
"Back off, ptedactyl idiot!"
Megatron growled on his end of Terrorsaur's communication link, slamming his fist on his chair again. "Again he defies his orders!"

Terrorsaur balled his fists in response and was about to force Tarantulas to listen until Umbra and Starshadow showed up.
I got this Tarantulas, access the pod while I give you cover.
"'Grazer, look out!" Rattrap called out to her, warning her about Umbra as he managed to crawl out of the energon crystals he had landed in.

Terrorsaur squawked in pain when Banshee's unexpected shot hammered into his shoulder. It didn't appear to do much damage but it certainly stung and throbbed. "You're going to regret that, you flying flea-bag!" Angrily, he fired his laser optics at her and chased her with them wherever she might have ran to until Starshadow swooped in and took the Maximal's attention off of him. Good. Now to focus on the prize that Megatron will surely reward me for, he thought as he looked down at the pod's trashed computer. With the end of his gun, he poked the lifeless legs that were sticking out. I don't know what to do! This is Tarantulas's area of expertise! he thought in frustration. "Imbecile! Don't fire your missiles near the pod, Tarantulas!" the TransMetal dinosaur screamed at the other Predacon. But as he watched Whitegrazer's arm fly off of her body, he couldn't help but laugh at her expense.

"Whitegrazer!" Rattrap hollered with concern. He scrambled to his feet and targeted Tarantulas, but the screams that happened next seemed to stop everyone in their tracks, including him.

Just as Whitegrazer suddenly felt another presence in her spark, the kind that thrived in the shadows and welcomed anguish, Primal also felt it through her and gasped in fear. He tried getting to his feet as quickly as he could but the following cry halted his actions and he fell to a knee as it pierced his audio receptors.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Rattrap and Terrorsaur covered their audio sensors while still holding their guns to try and block the deafening cries. The Maximal Spy glanced around at the raw energon as it started to shake after her dismembered arm had hit it. There was an electrical current similar to the one Rattrap had made just moments before that hit the pod again. He gasped just before the implosion.

"Oh no..." was all Terrorsaur could say before the blast blew him backwards off of his feet.

Lightning struck nearby, thunder clapped loudly and shook the ground all while the energon was absorbed into the approaching warm front's updraft, causing a very dangerous and damaging storm to form. Not just a thunderstorm, but an energon storm. After the pod exploded, it didn't matter where anyone had landed. The tornado scooped all of them up and uncontrollably spun them counter-clockwise in the air, spitting them out in every direction, including Optimus. The air felt electrified and heavy with raw energon until the twister moved on with the storm and eventually dissipated a few miles away, leaving a path of destruction that had originated with Protoform X's pod.

Rattrap landed with a small thud in a forested area on his back in robot mode, braking a few limbs off of some trees on his way down. He was pretty well beat up and scorched and was only unconscious for a few minutes. As he came to, he groaned in pain while he read his internal computer's diagnostics on his injuries through his optics. Nothing was seriously damaged, and most of the energon had been shielded by his TransMetal body but he felt like slag. "Aw man... My achin' skidplate..." he said as he sat up. He could still hear the thunder in the distance but the rest of his surroundings were quiet and still foggy. Putting his gun away, he decided to try his radio. "Rattrap ta Optimus. You copy, scrape ape?" Nothing but static. "Whitegrazer, do ya copy?" Static. "Banshee?" Static again. "Great. Dat storm musta surged our comm. links," he said with extreme dissatisfaction. Now what? "Beast mode," he said and transformed. Sighing, he sniffed the air and started to walk in the direction where he thought he could pick up come scents, although the air was calm and musty. Without a breeze it would be difficult for him to smell anyone in particular depending on how far away everyone was from each other, but he walked on anyway in hopes of bumping into a fellow comrade. "What a train wreck dis day turned out ta be," he said to himself, annoyed.

In another direction, Primal laid draped over his stomach on a thick branch up in a tree. He, too, had been damaged from the storm and knocked unconscious. He remained there unaware of everything for now.

Terrorsaur had been so slagged by the pod's explosion and wounded by the storm that he couldn't even fly. His engines and wings needed repairs but he wasn't about to revert to his beast mode. Not yet. He had no idea where he had landed but he was definitely alone. "Umbra? Tarantulas?" he called on his comm. link while some pieces of his singed armor fell off as he moved to slowly stand up. "Megatron?" There was no response.

"Terrorsaur?" Megatron desperately tried to gain back their transmission. That scream... It was not of the equine's alone, noooo. Could it be that their battle some how revived the spark? Was it possible? Perhaps if they had the energon to do it... And if the protoform was alive after all, he still needed a way to make it his own. An allegedly indestructible spark. He thoughtfully tapped his chin with his index finger. The Predacon warlord's mind was quick to start forming ideas and very real possibilities. Ones even more unethical than Primal's were back on Cybertron. "Umbra, are you receiving my transmission?" he inquired as he moved his chair over to a console. While he waited for any responses, he began on his devious plan. "Computer, fashion for me a blade. Uh, curved, very sharp. And composed of energon."

"Acknowledged," the female voice complied, and immediately started to draft the schematics for such a "tool" or weapon.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Whitegrazer wrote: "It's good to see you, Umbra."

Umbra raised an optic ridge, even though her appearance had changed, she seemed to still be the same. You know, most people wouldn't say that after a gut wound., after saying this, he was unfortunately distracted. He didn't exactly expect Tarantulas to fire a missile at Whitegrazer while he was near by. The explosion knocked Umbra onto his back Oof.. What is your malfunction tarantulas?! Umbra then protested, then looked at Whitegrazer noticing her scream with red optics, the energon pulsing over her and the pod. Activating his back and leg thrusters, Umbra slid along the ground to get himself some distance from Whitegrazer and the pod, considering the high possibility for an explosion.

With a tornado mixed with energon into the storm, Umbra was swoon swept up into it, coiling up into a ball and wrapping his tentacles around his body, he was eventually flung free from the tornado, bouncing and crashing through the trees like a giant super ball. On impact with the ground he bounced and rolled, then finally came to a stop at the base of a tree. The ball shape starting to deflate from the ninja going unconscious.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Starshadow and Banshee's optics widened and covered their audios when Whitegrazer screamed. That missle she took should not have hurt THAT much. As the energon around the pod imploded which caused a huge tornado to be formed, both femmes were sucked in without resistance like the rest. Something in that storm caused a slight stinging in Starshadow's veins, like something was trying to force itself to reactivate. After swirling around in the tornado a few times, the femmes were thrown off in different directions. Starshadow flew and managed to grab one of the tree leaves which broke off from the tree and landed on top of Umbra. Banshee landed infront of Rattrap, her face and white fur dirtied by wed mud. (HA! Mud facial!)

The bat femme wiped off whatever mud was on her face and slowly stood up, "Ugh....Rattrap?" she shook a bit of mud off her fur, "glad to know I'm not alone." She looked around hoping Optimus and Whitegrazer are nearby, none of them were present. She looked towards him and tried moving her wings but they were unresponsive, even her thrusters are emitting smoke.
"My wing mechanisms are offline and my thrusters seem damaged. We must climb up to the mountain peak above the storm where we can contact the base."

Starshadow groaned in pain and leaned up, only to find Umbra unconcious like a deflated balloon. She got off him and shifted him onto his back. "Starshadow, you are one lucky kitty," she said while searching his body for the controller to the bomb attached to her collar and found the small annoying device, smiling evily as she crushed it with her bare hand and dropped the damaged device. With all the misery he put her through, it was time to return the favor. The catbot tried starting up her galvaconduct core and attempted to form and electroblade on her arm but it was unable to maintain a basic blade and disappears. As she tried charging up her body with electricity, it gave out a very low voltage, making her growl in frustration, "I feel naked without my electrical weaponry.." she told herself. On the upside, if the energon could bust her inbuilt weaponry, it could fry the bomb as well. But is it worth the risk? Starshadow herself do not know much about bombs except detonating them. She gulped and held onto the bomb with her hand and ripped it out quickly, tossing it away. Thank Primus it did not explode!
The catbot thought to herself as to how she could get back at the octopus, she stole the knives that belonged to Cecaelia, pinning all 8 tentacles down on the ground by stabbing them with it and used a claw nail to carve a message on his chest with a heart, "Sleep tight sweet heart~" and finally kissed his cheek, leaving a blue kiss mark on it before starting up her thrusters, flying through the dense foggy swamp at a moderate speed to conserve energy, keeping on a lookout for her old friend.