"Bad Spark"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

"Their lives were not yours to take no matter what their crimes were,"
Primal's voice had turned colder, almost frigid, as he addressed the shapeshifting killer on the ground. Zodiac twitched uncomfortably under the weight of the other male, wishing he had use of his hands so that he could force himself up or at the very least slam his fist into the other male's face. Unfortunately he couldn't do either so he decided to settle down, at least seemingly so, in an attempt to get the Maximal on his back to let down his guard.
"If it were up to anyone to take justice into their own hands, then I would have the right to kill you and Megatron. Both of you have taken lives, so would my actions not be justified?"
Zodiac let out a slight, low chuckle, but quickly stopped. Really? The almighty Optimus was going to make idle threats to make him comply? Surely that's what this was, a mere idle threat, since Primal was making quite the effort to restrain him when it would have been so much simpler to just have him killed. But that wasn't Optimus' style, was it? While it was true it had been a couple of Rattrap's explosives that brought down the Viper, on Primal's orders no doubt, murdering someone in cold blood didn't seem like the leader's style. He was too weak to make such a call, too much like Nexus himself.

"If killing me would be justice..," he started, having to pause for a breath before finishing the sentence as Primal's weight was pushing his chest down, ".. then why haven't you done so already..?"

Hopefully his assumption that Optimus would never kill someone in cold blood was correct. Otherwise this encounter could turn rather.. messy..
"Right now, you are at my mercy. Lucky for you, I have morals and compassion, so I will not cross that line no matter who it is that stands before me. And let's not try to deflect the person of interest here. I'm not talking about anyone else but you."
Zodiac had made one last attempt at escaping when Primal uttered those words, but instead of physically moving he attempted to use his words to counteract the Maximal's intentions of cuffing him.

"Your Maximals need you.. Maybe you can still save them. So why don't you go be with them?"

Just a moment of hesitation, a short little glimmer of a distraction, and he could break free. The effects of the taser were starting to wear off so it wouldn't be long before he had regained control over his systems yet again.

Alas Primal was too stubborn, or perhaps determined was a more accurate word to describe it, and the renegade's window of opportunity quickly closed as the Maximal's grip on his wrists only tightened to the point of pain setting in. Upon realizing Optimus was not going to release him no matter what, Zodiac finally let out a sigh and complied long enough for Primal to slip the energy shackles into place. With his wings and tail trapped underneath his bound hands, the renegade was left with few options as far as making his escape, so instead he remained still while Optimus finally removed the club that was pressing against his neck. The release of pressure against him was a huge relief, immediately prompting the shapeshifter to stretch his neck. When Primal then climbed off his back, he let out a sigh since he was now able to breathe properly again, but he waited until the Maximal leader grabbed him by the arms to start pulling him up before making any additional attempts to move.

His first instinct when he was on his feet again and had regained his balance was to grab for the weapon he dropped only moments before, but with his arms bound behind his back he wouldn't be able to grab anything much less aim properly. Also Optimus seemed to have the same thought as he promptly bent down to pick up the weapon for himself. Zodiac merely followed his movements with his gaze, the expression on his face reminiscent of a strange combination of malice and regret. Primal then proceeded to poke the barrel of the weapon against one of the renegade's trapped wings.
"Move,"
Zodiac turned his head to see the direction Primal was implying for him to go, which of course was where the remainder of the Maximals were at.. still frantically trying to save their wounded comrades. The renegade hesitated only for an instant before the weapon against his backside persuaded him this wasn't an order he wanted to question right now. Although dragging his feet a bit, he did comply and walked in the direction of the Maximals with Optimus following closely behind him.

Aurora tried to smile, she really did, when Rattrap placed his hand on top of hers. She did feel comforted a bit by his kind gesture, but she was also more than a little upset by everything that had just happened. They had won the battle, the Viper had been destroyed, and they were all about to return home. And then two shots came out of nowhere to change their victory to something a lot more solemn. The little fuzor was still trying to process what had happened. Part of her could still feel the gentle touch of Whitegrazer placing her hand on top of the fuzor's shoulder as way of encouragement, but that gesture had disappeared too soon as Whitegrazer's attention turned to the others.
"Then all we gotta do is help Winter,"
"Yeah..," she replied before glancing over at Whitegrazer, who was slowly and painfully moving on her own. Clearly the mare was more injured than she let on, she just was too selfless to tell them.
"You can thank 'Grazer later,"
Finally something resembling a smile did creep up on her face. The rodent was right. There would be a later, and Whitegrazer was stronger than she looked. She'd be fine.. right?

"Not sure if I should thank her or yell at her for taking such a foolish risk," the fuzor commented, although she really was grateful for what the mare had done to protect her. Still, Aurora couldn't stand the thought of losing another individual she cared about.. especially not someone like Whitegrazer.

Rhinox joined them just as the little fuzor was finishing up placing the dressing around the tigress' wound, applying just enough pressure to keep the wound sealed and hopefully keep it from bleeding any more.
"She's lost a lot, but we've stopped her from losing anymore,"
"The CR chamber will be able to regenerate what she lost, right?," the fuzor asked with some hesitation. Wintersong really didn't look so great, but at least she had stabilized somewhat for now. Hopefully it would be enough to get her back to base without her condition deteriorating further.

As usual Rhinox could read her quite well and he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder before he spoke up again.
"She'll be stable in stasis lock until we can get her back to Base," he assured her. "You did well, Aurora."
Did she, though? The fuzor wasn't quite so sure. Truth be told her initial reaction had been to freeze, thus wasting a few precious nanoclicks before she'd been able to gather her thoughts enough for her training to kick in. But whatever happened, it was too late to change anything now. So hopefully Rhinox was right and Wintersong would pull through.

"How did this happen?," Aurora then asked meekly while glancing over at Rhinox. "I thought everything was under control and then sudden this happened out of nowhere." At that moment she questioned if they were ever going to be safe from harm. They had so many enemies who would go to such extreme lengths to hurt them.. or worse.

Well.. it wasn't that she didn't realize what had happened. The bullet holes told a story of their own, after all, even if she didn't quite know how the shapeshifter had managed to shoot so accurately and with so much force without being noticed. It's as if he'd been wielding a sniper rifle.

Rhinox helped get Wintersong loaded onto the back of their newest Maximal, Tigerhawk, who yet again was proving his value to the team. Aurora came along, staying with the larger fuzor and the wounded tigress as Rattrap joined them as well. Meanwhile Rhinox turned his attention to Whitegrazer to offer his assistance to her.
"I'll help her back to Base, Aurora,"
"All right..," the fuzor responded with the slightest of hesitation in her voice. "See you back at base."

Gone was the excitement of getting to go home after what had been a very long day. Now she just hoped they all made it back to base.. alive. Without any further incidents.
You are welcome young one, anything to help my new comrades."
But at least Tigerhawk was going with them this time, hopefully to stick around and take his place among their ranks. Aurora nodded in his direction. "Welcome to the Maximals, Tigerhawk, I just wish the circumstances could have been a bit better. Hopefully we can get around to proper introductions without anything else going wrong."

As if to prove he knew exactly how to cheer everyone up, their newfound comrade had one more thing to add.
"Have faith my friends, they will pull through. If this crew has lasted this long then I imagine you won't be stopped now."
A slight smile crept back on the little fuzor's face, since Tigerhawk's positive message had impeccable timing. It was exactly what they all needed to hear right now.
"Oh, don't worry, Aurora," "it wouldn't be the first time I walked back to base, and if I do say so myself, in worst shape than this back when I fought in the war. I can handle it. Besides, we need the space more for Wintersong and transporting Zodiac than myself."
A transport for Zodiac? He should be the one to walk.. alone.. in the rain! In fact the fuzor wished all the bad weather in history to fall upon the renegade during the trip to the Axalon, but sadly someone would have to stay with him for the duration. And from the looks of it, that someone was going to be Optimus.

"Let Rhinox give you a ride," the fuzor urged the taller female, "He might be a bit bumpy... and slow.. but he'll get you there."

They were just about to leave when Rattrap called their attention to someone else who had decided to join them.
"Uh, we got company, Big Green,"
Aurora's optics darted over to Optimus and the tied up figure in front of him, but she quickly averted her gaze since the very sight of the renegade was causing her to feel angry. Instead she reverted her attention to Rattrap, whispering to him; "Do you still have any of that tranquilizer left? Optimus might need it.." Not that it didn't seem like their leader had everything under control, but she'd thought the same just before those two shots had made their marks.

Zodiac had been avoiding making eye contact with Primal and after that his Maximals as the commander lead him to a position near them. Fortunately the ape gestured for him to stop before he was forced to mingle, no doubt to keep his precious team safe. Zodiac rolled his optics a bit over that, briefly wondering if Optimus thought he was going to use his legs to kick them. But to avoid enraging the monkey further, as the consequences might not be to the renegade's liking, he did stop when the Maximal leader wanted him to.
"This is what you're advocating for, Zodiac? Harming and trying to kill innocent bots in order to punish me? To tear me down? To break my spirit and my spark?"
Yeah, that actually sounded like a great time to the renegade. And he almost told Primal so, at least until the sight of his modified weapon still in Optimus' possession persuaded him otherwise.

He fought, not entirely successfully, to restrain that mischevious fire in his optics as he finally turned to face his foe.

"What do you want from me, Optimus?," he asked him as sincerely as he could. "An apology? Sure, if we can just leave all this behind us I'd be happy to apologize if that is indeed what you wish to hear."
"Look at them," he told him. "Do you feel no remorse? No sadness? Look at Aurora's head. You stole her chip and left her for dead just so you could infiltrate our base and reacquire Nexus's journal that you stole after you killed him!" Primal's voice was raised a bit with vexation and irritation. "Wintersong has done nothing to you. Nothing! You don't know her, yet you had no quarrel with your attempted murder. Your cruelty now goes beyond your revenge for me, Zodiac, and I won't tolerate it. If you want to make me suffer for my part in your torture and experiments, then you confront me face to face, and leave my crew out of it,"
The renegade let out a sigh as he inclined his head in an attempt to look remorseful. It wasn't exactly that he felt nothing for what he had done, and part of him certainly understood Primal's anger all too well. But to him the wounds left behind after losing the Viper and before that his only allies were still too fresh, too raw, and despite having spent time among Maximals in the past he still didn't understand concepts like forgiveness and remorse.

Slowly he turned his head to look in the direction of where the Maximals were starting to move, towards the Axalon. A few of his dreadlocks were draping along his face, and he wished he could move them back when he felt the first few drops of the rainstorm they had seen moving in. These first few drops were quickly followed by more, and soon the rain was pouring down over all of them. Zodiac shook his head in annoyance over the rain dripping down his face, but it was a futile act now that the water was just gushing down and forming puddles at their feet.

"A soldier under your command killed one of my men in cold blood," Zodiac then said to address Primal in a low voice, "And you happily brought down my ship. There are casualties in a war. For your sake, I hope you can prevent these two from joining those statistics."

No apologies, not now. Not until he felt he stood something to gain from it, and right now Primal had made his intentions clear. Unfortunately Primal wasn't the only one who wished to talk to him, as the all too familiar voice within him then came back to life. And despite her physical injuries, the voice seemed surprisingly strong. Much to Zodiac's dismay.

We won't allow Megatron or any other Predacons harm you, Zodiac,

Well.. that remained to be seen. If put to the test, if Primal actually had something to gain by trading him to the Predacons, Zodiac didn't think him fool enough to refrain from grabbing such an opportunity.

I look forward to finding out how you plan to stop them, he told her in return, trying his best to avoid looking at her. Still, he felt her gaze piercing his armor and into his very spark. And he hated it. He couldn't stand how vulnerable she made him feel, and how exposed.

Listen to me, Zodiac, I know you despise what is happening to you right now, and I hate it too. I don't relish in what we have to do.

You could just persuade Optimus to let me go and I would disappear from here and not pose a threat to any of you again.

But trying to kill Wintersong and Aurora, and everything you have done to us, is something you must take responsibility for. You have shown us time and time again how far you are willing to go for your goals, your revenge towards Optimus. I understand your feelings towards Optimus and Nexus, but you had no right to use me or Optimus and or friends, our loved ones, to hurt him. They didn't even know nor were involved at all. You only did it out spite and malice, and that was wrong, Zodiac.

He shrugged his shoulders, secretly wishing it had been Whitegrazer laying there dying. Instead she seemed to be holding up surprisingly well. Yet being near her like this, he felt his own abdomen hurt from where the bullet had hit the female equine. It wasn't extremely painful or anything, since no doubt she was stupidly sheltering him from the pain, but he still felt the dull, cramping ache in there. And it made the entire situation feel all the more.. real.

I always did wonder which one of my proud parents I got those traits from.. Perhaps it was you, he told her via their link, every bit as spiteful as before. Not that he expected his words to actually phase her much, but hopefully he could at least shut her up for a few moments if that was even possible.

If you were in our shoes, would have you done the same?

Would he have done the same? Not a chance. If their roles had been reversed, he would never have allowed his foes to harm his team.

He refused to even consider that he could possibly be at fault for his own team's demise. No, admitting to such an option would be acknowledging his own faults. To expose his own vulnerabilities to his enemies could lead to his downfall, and had been one of the lessons Cryotek had imprinted upon him. Yet a part of him, a small part, did have some doubts about whether he did contribute to the demise of his comrades. Would Dirge have lived if the Maximal Council hadn't sent one of their agents to take down the shapeshifter? Would Night Terror have succumbed at the hands of Megatron if he hadn't been carrying out the shapeshifter's orders? Of course he couldn't let these lingering doubts of his show, since even his earliest training included never to show weakness around his enemies.

The renegade tried to push such thoughts aside and then lowered his gaze, the rain still pouring down all around them.

Despite it all, Zodiac, we don't wish you death. I don't. You will be treated fairly and decently, I will make sure of that, and also, I will do my best to help you, to give you that chance, a chance you probably tried to create yourself, a fresh start.

A fresh start.. to do what?, he asked after a long pause as he looked at her again, his drenched locks again hanging down his face and making him look even younger.

To start over? As what? I can't abide by Maximal protocols, it's just not who I am.

Perhaps it was her uncanny ability to read him down to his very spark, or that calmness that always emanated from her.. Whatever it was, it affected him as well. And for the first time this encounter, he dropped the superior attitude he so often had.

Meanwhile, Aurora quickly used what supplies she could to drape over the wounded female, not wanting her to get wet and cold on top of everything. Poor Wintersong.. And Whitegrazer. They really had enough to deal with without the weather taking a shot at them as well.

Some distance away, the Predacons were nearing the Darksyde's location. Megatron was still trying to instill some semblance of cooperation from the crab, and he was being surprisingly calm about it. Perhaps it was due to his own injuries, or perhaps he was just trying a different approach altogether. Either way it had kept the crab calm thus far.
"Nemesis is correct," the tyrant assured Rampage. "She knows Zodiac... better than any of us."
"I suppose your words hold truth little bird, but perhaps I would have done some of you a favor and torn him apart in the process."
"Entertaining as it would be to watch you tear the traitor limb from limb, you might just have to wait a bit for the chance. I wouldn't worry overly much, though, since the Maximals are weak-willed and will no doubt not do much other than keep the traitor detained for the time being. At least we'll know where he is should the opportunity to extract revenge present itself. Given your own qualities, you will be a welcome element when that time comes."

Nemesis refrained from pursuing the topic further, as she didn't especially wish to dwell into details about how she knew Zodiac so well. Granted, if Megatron would ask her about it, in private, she would share the information, but she didn't feel any overwhelming desire to let the other Predacons know about her past. All they needed to know now was that Zodiac was their enemy.

Fortunately the crab didn't let things escalate any further, and before long they could see their base appear below. Nemesis descended, assisting Megatron as needed but without interfering with his plans or making it obvious that he needed help.
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

"If killing me would be justice..," ".. then why haven't you done so already..?"
Because it wasn't his decision to make. Optimus wasn't the all-knowing, all-powerful being to make such judgments. He didn't have that kind of authority; he was technically still a simple exploration captain. He was beginning to wonder if Zodiac understood any of this at all. Had he never suffered the consequences of his actions by punishment? Did he even comprehend that what he had been doing was wrong?
"Your Maximals need you.. Maybe you can still save them. So why don't you go be with them?"
"They're covered," Optimus had bluntly told Zodiac as he blocked his emotions from surfacing so that the shape shifter wouldn't be able to capitalize on them. "You won't be leaving my side until we return to the Axalon." Although deep down of course he wanted to be with his Maximals! What if they succumbed to their injuries and he'd never see them again or hear their voices? His spark would break. He had already lost Banshee, and Aurora was almost taken from them as well. This had been an incredibly exhausting day already, mentally and emotionally speaking. He couldn't bear to lose any more friends.
"What do you want from me, Optimus?," "An apology? Sure, if we can just leave all this behind us I'd be happy to apologize if that is indeed what you wish to hear."
Primal gave Zodiac the most bewildered and perplexed face. An apology? Was he serious? Did he not understand the point Optimus was trying to make? The pretender just seemed completely devoid of empathy and compassion. The Maximal's next response was a shake of his head.
"A soldier under your command killed one of my men in cold blood," "And you happily brought down my ship.
"It was your decision to come here by tracking me down and underestimate us. You only have yourself to blame for losing your entire crew, Zodiac," Primal pointed out with very little emotion. "And that wasn't your ship," he corrected him again. What did Zodiac think this was; finders keepers, losers weepers?
There are casualties in a war. For your sake, I hope you can prevent these two from joining those statistics."
The Maximal leader's hands tightened around the modified weapon that was now in his possession as he thought about the causalities... the friends he had lost under his command so far. Was he serious? For his sake? HIS sake?! Zodiac didn't have to shoot them! "For my sake?" Optimus repeated adding emphasis on the key word that he felt had been misused and addressed to the wrong person. His orange optics pierced Zodiac's. They were full of anger, but they also appeared lost. Lost for Zodiac because it seemed as though the guy had never once accepted accountability in his entire life. That none of this could possibly be his fault and it was all Primal's and Nexus Prime's. It was unfathomable to Optimus. Should he feel sorry for him or outraged and frustrated? Yes, part of it was his fault for having been involved in the shape shifter's experiments although he was not at the helm, but didn't Zodiac know right from wrong? Was it never taught to him? Did he not understand the concept? It vexed the Maximal. Zodiac's actions were his own now, not Optimus's or Whitegrazer's or anyone else's. The shape shifter was going about this injustice all wrong. Optimus's intentions about it were to learn from his mistakes and advocate on Cybertron to end any and all experimental projects on other beings. Would his method take longer than Zodiac's? Absolutely. There were laws to abide by and motions to consider, but he could get it done. He was certain he could have the proper influence. And if he couldn't... then at least there wouldn't be any blood on his hands in the process.

Well, Zodiac certainly didn't give Optimus the reactions he was looking for, which left him to question some things about the black dragon. Morals, ethics, and so forth. Things that should have been taught or he should have learned at a very young age but it appeared as though he had been deprived of such responsibility and distinguishing the consequences of his motives and actions. Perhaps these values were actually quite foreign to him, just like the sense of belonging and being loved seemed to have been nonexistent in his life. And maybe these were things he didn't fully understand about Optimus and Nexus. To have jealousy and hatred over a relationship that Zodiac probably didn't even comprehend or couldn't relate to sounded a bit boggling to Primal. Although his rage began to fade the more he thought about this, he did not let his guard down. He remained just as stoic.
"Yeah..,"
Obviously Aurora hadn't been convinced with Rattrap's attempt to help her not worry about Whitegrazer so she could concentrate on Wintersong. Heck, he hadn't convinced himself either. 'Grazer was strong and powerful, but she was also fragile, like the Fifth Element. She needed nurturing and love as well despite how independent she always portrayed herself to be. The truth was, they all needed each other. Rattrap would never admit that, but he considered them as his family, even if they annoyed him and often used him as the punchline of their jokes. While Whitegrazer miraculously maintained her awareness and control over her pain, Rattrap did fear for Wintersong's life who had already fallen into stasis lock. None of them knew yet what the Vok had put her through, which was a bad enough experience on its own, but now her life was hanging by a thread because of one person's selfish act of malice. And that really made him angry.
"Not sure if I should thank her or yell at her for taking such a foolish risk,"
The rodent almost smirked at Aurora's comment, but he was quickly reminded of the time Aurora had been shot which had devastated Whitegrazer. Maybe this was some strange way of the equine repaying a debt that she never really owed in the first place because she wasn't to blame for Zodiac's continuous callousness. What was his problem trying to kill them all the time?! Optimus had to have been fed up with it that by now! And if he wasn't, Rattrap certainly was.
"Oh, I have had worse, Rattrap. To me, a bullet to a stomach is akin to a scratch."
His upper lip curled upward to one side in disbelief toward Whitegrazer's explanation. "'Grazer, sometimes I wonder if yer all right in dat head of yers," he teased lightly. She had to have been in a great deal of agony, the slagging bullet was still inside of her! Why did she always play the tough girl and basically pretend that nothing happened? In Rattrap's dictionary, he would call her crazy.
"The CR chamber will be able to regenerate what she lost, right?,"
"Yes, in addition to repairing her injuries, it'll replenish her fluids and energon," Rhinox tried assuring the young ermine despite his own concerns for anything the Vok may have done to the tigress. But Aurora's doubts were likely warranted by a previous loss of life during his repair cycle in the CR chamber; Icebreaker. That was an instance that probably scarred her for life. It was traumatic for all of them, but especially for her because of her bond with him. His knowledge and tinkering with tools and weapons had been a bit of mentoring for her, and although no one could take his place, Rhinox hoped that he had done enough to fill that void for her by taking her under his wing with the sciences and medical training. And Rattrap clearly had a positive influence on her as well. He could relate to her sense of humor whereas Rhinox was more of the serious type. A gentle soul, but his humor was far more somber and a lot less sarcastic and crude from his friend's.
"How did this happen?," "I thought everything was under control and then sudden this happened out of nowhere."
"I'm not sure," he admitted to her. "I didn't witness anything." He assumed it would have been best to get the answer from Optimus without knowing that Rattrap had been there for it too, but now was not the time. He would find out for her though eventually because he was just as curious about it as she was.
"You are welcome young one, anything to help my new comrades."
Like Aurora, Rhinox offered Tigerhawk a small but warm smile toward his selflessness and willingness to help despite his own wounds from the Viper's defenses and the battle. And like the smaller Fuzor, he hoped he planned on sticking around so they could all get to know each other better and offer the rest of the Maximals some help against the Predacons.
"All right..," "See you back at base."
Rhinox nodded to her with a faint smile as encouragement that they would make it back in one piece so she wouldn't worry too much.
"Have faith my friends, they will pull through. If this crew has lasted this long then I imagine you won't be stopped now."
Oh great. Another one dat sounds like Optimus Pinhead, thought Rattrap as he joked to himself about their impossibly over-optimistic and long-winded leader. But truthfully, he was beginning to like this Tigerhawk fellow. He was proving to be a valuable asset to the team and much more reliable than he had been off on his hikes and world traveling or whatever he had been up to in his absence.
"Welcome to the Maximals, Tigerhawk, I just wish the circumstances could have been a bit better. Hopefully we can get around to proper introductions without anything else going wrong."
"Let's be honest, kid, de circumstances around here are about as good as dey get," the rodent added to her introduction for Tigerhawk with his typical poor and negative attitude. And then it started to pour on them from the dark clouds above. He gave a long, loud sigh as his shoulders sank in aggravation toward the weather. "Perfect." he said sarcastically while he helped Aurora with keeping Wintersong dry on Tigerhawk's back. "Hang in dere, Winter, we're gonna get ya fixed up." She couldn't hear him he assumed while her body laid dormant in stasis lock, but it was comforting for him to pretend she could and that she would be alright.

The Maximal's engineer agreed wholeheartedly with Tigerhawk's positive remark. Wintersong and Whitegrazer were going to be alright, he was sure of it. But as for Wintersong's possibly chronic effects of the Vok... that remained to be seen. Whitegrazer still had her ties to the aliens, and he knew Optimus was still suffering from their invasion on him after his several encounters with them, so as depressing and unfortunate as it might be, it was highly likely that Wintersong was also going to have long-lasting side effects.
"I will try and not to do any flashy moves. Or heroics, for the time being."
"No, you will not," Rhinox told Whitegrazer indefinitely. She may have been lighthearted about it, but he took her wound very seriously and didn't want her to do anything that used up more of her energy and have her bleed to death.
"Oh, don't worry, Aurora," "it wouldn't be the first time I walked back to base, and if I do say so myself, in worst shape than this back when I fought in the war. I can handle it. Besides, we need the space more for Wintersong and transporting Zodiac than myself."
"Zodiac will be walking," Optimus clarified in his commanding voice. "His injuries are not life-threatening," unlike Whitegrazer's and Wintersong's. Whitegrazer, ever the selfless being she was, didn't have to make Zodiac a priority when it was unnecessary compared to her condition. Not after what he had just done to Wintersong and her even though his intended target was Aurora... again. He noticed Aurora's reaction to the renegade as they walked up to the group and Rattrap had announced their presence. Primal hated to see her so upset and distraught, and rightly so after everything Zodiac had put her through that day, but this was what Optimus felt he had to do with Zodiac; apprehend him and put him back in the brig where they would at least know where he was at all times and was less of a threat to everyone.
"Let Rhinox give you a ride," "He might be a bit bumpy... and slow.. but he'll get you there."
"I'll want you off your feet on the way back, Whitegrazer. Doctor's orders," the rhinoceros said with a lighter tone in accordance to Aurora's affectionate description of his transportation although his optics were a little shifty with Zodiac around, hesitant to convert to his beast mode, but he doubted the shape shifter would try anything with his wrists bound and still quite injured. "You need to reserve your energy," he reiterated to the Vok/Empath.
"Do you still have any of that tranquilizer left? Optimus might need it.."
"It's got one left," Rattrap answered Aurora, "But he's got dat lightnin' gun too, so I'll just give this ta Big Green." The Spy took out the tranquilizer rifle and handed it back to Rhinox who took it and stored it into his subspace in case he needed it later before the rodent returned to his group and started to head back to the base in the rain.

As the other group left, Optimus had noticed how quiet Zodiac and Whitegrazer got while the rain came down upon them. Judging by their body language and facial expressions, he came to the conclusion that they were communicating. He wasn't too fond of it at the moment since he didn't want anyone speaking with the troublesome shape shifter until he'd give permission, but there was nothing he could do to interrupt their silent conversation since Whitegrazer had blocked Primal. The emptiness tugged at his spark, but he ignored it and glanced at his damaged shoulder and abdomen as the rain washed away the fluids that had leaked from his wounds and left streaks of dirt and soot streaming down his dull armor.

"We've made some modifications to one of the cells," Rhinox mentioned to Optimus, purposely avoiding using specific names in case Zodiac was to get upset about it, so he wouldn't be able to take it out on Aurora and Whitegrazer without knowing. Even though they seemed to be his favored targets anyway. "It should be very effective."

"Alright," Primal hoped without the details that Rhinox kept so vague. "Let's go," he told Zodiac without prodding him this time with his own makeshift gun, the very weapon that inflicted the anguish upon Wintersong and Whitegrazer. ...His own weapon that he had lent to the pretender... Optimus tried not to dwell on it, he had to stay vigilant.

"Beast mode," Rhinox said, and his entire body shifted and reverted in the rain as he landed on all-fours. "Come on, Whitegrazer," he nudged his head toward his back to imply that he wanted her to get on.

-----
"Could always scare him into submission I suppose."
Megatron remained silent while he and his Predacons had beat the rain back to their base of operations. Often Terrorsaur was all bark and no bite, but the tyrant knew better than to under estimate him ever since that ordeal with the floating mounting of energon. He would have been scrap had it not been for Scorponok salvaging his body parts and restoring him to full functionality. Terrorsaur had the firepower and courage that Megatron often utilized, however, he lacked in intelligence and the ability to manipulate and scheme five steps ahead. The 'dactyl lived in the moment and acted as such, whereas Megatron lived in the future, so to speak, and planned as such to always gain the upper hand and have things turn out the way he wanted them to. Or close to it.
"I suppose your words hold truth little bird, but perhaps I would have done some of you a favor and torn him apart in the process."
The Predacon leader being assisted on his stroll to the Darksyde almost smirked at the crab's words as he imagined the shape shifter being ripped apart and eaten by the crustacean beneath his throbbing headache. It would have been glorious to witness such a feast even though Megatron preferred that he be the one to strike the final blow on Zodiac and watch his life slowly drain from his optics into an empty, limp shell.
"But we shall see how free you will allow me to be."
That will also depend on your behavior, the dictator thought in return. But for now, the tension seemed to settle between the two, just in time for repairs and some rest.
"Home sweet home, and hello to a long healing process."
Indeed. Megatron faltered in his step as he managed to limp along with Spineback's and Nemesis's assistance. His consciousness was hanging on by a thread, but he dared not show it in front of everyone else for as long as he could. Almost... there... he thought, fighting his optics that wanted to "roll back" and darken on him. His awareness faded in and out when he almost fainted while they entered the broken ship. "Quickly..." he whispered to Nemesis and Spineback without having a preference as to how he was repaired. Spineback probably knew best whether she had to work on him with her own hands or if he required a CR tank.

Quickstrike and Inferno followed them inside. The Fuzor headed for the CR tanks which might result in an argument with someone else, so he moved quicker in his beast mode to try and beat any competition to them. Inferno went to the command center to man the monitors and scanners.

(( OOC: I'll start the new episode sometime this weekend since the Preds will probably get bored here, but I'll keep this one open so the Maximals can wrap things up. I'm also not sure which golden disk Megatron has now, but I need him to have the Sounds of Earth one for the next episode. :mrgreen: ))
"Well, that's just prime!"
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

Tigerhawk gave a small smile in return towards Aurora, "Rattrap has a point, but certainly has been the most intense introduction I've ever had with any group. Perhaps when things settle after this ordeal we can certainly have a better chance to chat Aurora." Tigerhawk assured her, trying to be as positive as he could despite everything. Certainly a stressful day for all of them, and he had only been there for half of what had occurred so far.

As the rain began to pour however, Tigerhawk shifted his bird-like face mask over the top part of his tiger head, trying to somewhat keep his sight clear though it wasn't entirely the best solution. As for his smaller comrades, he carefully spread his damaged wings to serve as temporary covers for Aurora and Rattrap so they could see better, wincing slightly from the movements but pushing through the soreness. Despite his optimism in the present moment however, Tigerhawk couldn't help wondering himself if the two femmes truly would pull through, especially considering where Zodiac had shot them, one straight to the gut and the other close to the spark.

Glancing back over his shoulder, he wondered what plans Optimus had for the renegade. Someone such as him, lacking any ounce of remorse or regret hardly seemed worth keeping around. 'What will go around will come back around shapeshifter, its only a matter of time.' Tigerhawk thought before looking forward again, saying nothing further on their way back. He wanted to focus on getting the stasis locked tigress to the Axalon and seeing that his smaller comrades were also safe.

++++++++++

"I don't think so bug! I call dibs first!" Terrorsaur squawked the moment they had returned to base, quickly taking off after Quickstrike.

Despite all the trouble Quickstrike had gone through, probably as much as Terrorsaur himself, he felt he deserved his repairs more than the small fuzor. Besides, he had been knocked out early in the conflict, so part of the flier felt the scorpion/cobra fuzor could wait to as he flew ahead of his comrades and flew past Quickstrike. "Not that you can catch up to begin with! Hehe!" Terrosaur sneered as he flew past, heading straight for the CR tanks.

Spineback watched the two mechs scurry off towards the CR tanks, shaking her head slightly since she herself could have easily handled their injures while Megatron could have done better to have time in them himself. But the scuffle that would come from trying to do so would only agitate everyone's injures and Megatron was in no shape to risk something such as that.

Besides, she could feel his form beginning to give way to exhaustion and pain, causing her to somewhat tighten her hold and press closer to keep Megatron from totally collapsing from his own weight, "Nemesis." The veteran nodded her head towards the hall, guiding her commanding officers to the medical bay and helping to get the tyrant onto the nearest medical slab, being mindful of his wounds so they were not further agitated in the process. "There, you can rest now my liege." She assured him now that they were out of ear shot of there less trustworthy teammates and moving to get her medical tools to get to work. Her own injures could be handled once she was sure everyone else was in working order.

"Then I await for the chance to arise." Rampage stated towards Nemesis, a hint of curiosity in his optics for a moment. Now why would she want Zodiac dead so badly? What sort of history did she have with the renegade? He could sense the hatred and spite coming from her, dark emotions for one such individual...it intrigued him for certain but he decided not to press for answers. Not now anyways.

For now, he simply watched the rest of the Predacons scramble for the CR tanks, to their posts, and the two females take the weakened Megatron elsewhere, possibly to handle his injures. This left the king crab with little more to do than to explore the ship and the area, his systems nearly recovered by now in their trek there. He couldn't enact his own plans to get his missing spark piece back without causing a problem and certainly wasn't in a position to attempt something else when his own frame wasn't a hundred percent. 'Yea, I will just wait for the perfect moment.' He thought to himself as he turned to head deeper into the Darksyde.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: Well it's been 11 days since Una posted in this thread. And I have a busy work week coming up so I don't think I have time to wait any longer. Una, just catch up when you can!)
"They're covered,"
Zodiac let out a faint sigh as he turned his gaze back to Optimus, the one who had proven to be much better at controlling his emotions than the renegade had given him credit for. Much to the captive shapeshifter's dismay, of course, since he was now the one trapped in unbreakable chains.

Well.. This plan had certainly backfired on him. His only comfort was that the two females he had shot might still die and thus cause his foe an endless amount of grief. Of course that could also come back to haunt the renegade as well, as there was now a fairly high risk the Maximals would use him for their own benefit. Or manage to find a way home, which would surely be a death sentence for the shapeshifter given his track record with the Maximal Council of Elders and the fact he had disobeyed and ultimately betrayed his own creators when he killed Nexus Prime.

And at that moment, Zodiac inclined his head, the grim reality of the situation starting to set in.
"You won't be leaving my side until we return to the Axalon."
Well, at least that meant that Primal had no intention of letting him be killed. Not now, not yet. Of course that did increase the chances that Megatron and his band of misfits, or perhaps even a Maximal going vigilante, would take matters into their own hands. Or they would put him on trial, but the outcome of that would surely not be in the renegade's benefit. Everything he had done since arriving on Earth had been out of his own free will, after all.

"Understood," Zodiac finally said after a brief pause, his arms inadvertently tugging at his restraints to no avail. Not that he was expecting another result, since Primal had obviously learned a great deal from their previous encounters. As badly as he wanted to keep himself sounding confident, his voice revealed a bit much for the renegade's liking. He briefly turned his head to look in the direction of the retreating Maximals, more specifically one of the injured females. He still felt a slight ache in his abdomen from where his bullet had penetrated hers, but fortunately she wasn't the malicious kind who would make him, or anyone, suffer. Oddly enough she seemed to care about him, and upon remembering that fact he instantly regretted firing that second bullet that had hit her. Yes, she drove him nuts with her lectures and her ability to read his thoughts, but at this point she could very well be his only way out of this situation alive.

He started walking alongside Primal, keeping up with the Maximal's pace without making any attempts at escaping. The other Maximals were moving at a somewhat faster pace, though, since they had to get their wounded the medical care they so desperately needed. Zodiac might still look a mess, but he'd been fully healed by the time Primal electrocuted him. So physically he was fine, emotionally.. a bit more unstable. While Optimus' cold stare made it obvious he thought the renegade felt nothing, that wasn't entirely accurate. He had just been trained very well to hide those emotions, to conceal that weakness within him from the world around him. He was still very much so capable of feeling emotions, even if regret wasn't one of the ones he was too accustomed to.

And for a while he remained silent. That is until Primal addressed him again.
"It was your decision to come here by tracking me down and underestimate us. You only have yourself to blame for losing your entire crew, Zodiac," Primal pointed out with very little emotion. "And that wasn't your ship,"
Upon hearing that, Zodiac suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned to face Primal yet again with narrowed optics.

"I see you have more in common with your father than I initially thought..,"
he blurted out angrily before catching himself. "Look..," he then said, attempting to salvage the situation before it escalated further, "I do realize I could have handled this whole thing differently.. " He again stopped, not quite sure how to continue. He needed Primal's cooperation, yet it was nearly impossible for him to admit his own faults in all of this.
"For my sake?"
The Maximal's optics showed barely contained fury, anger for what had happened between the two, making it abundantly clear this was not the time to try to reason with him. Zodiac's expression immediately mellowed and, much to his surprise, he was the one who broke the interlocked gaze between the two of them. It wasn't so much that he felt sorry for what he had done, not for the reasons the Maximals wanted him to, but more so because he realized just how badly he had messed things up for himself. Right now he needed allies, someone willing to help him in the difficult time to come, and he had alienated them all. His own allies long dead.

Deciding the wisest approach would simply be not to say anything at all for a bit, Zodiac left it up to Primal to set the pace for the trip back.
"Yes, in addition to repairing her injuries, it'll replenish her fluids and energon,"
Aurora nodded and gave Rhinox a hopeful smile as they started the journey home. The teams caring for the injured in front, with Optimus and Zodiac making up the rear.

"Let's not waste any more time then," the fuzor said, trying to sound more optimistic than she felt. Especially for Wintersong's sake, as the white tigress seemed to be in bad shape despite the makeshift repairs they had done thus far.
"I'm not sure," he admitted to her. "I didn't witness anything."
Well.. with any luck that was the last of the bad surprises.. They sure needed some good news once in a while too. And some rest.
"Let's be honest, kid, de circumstances around here are about as good as dey get,"
"Don't listen to Mr Negativity here," Aurora added, not wanting to scare the larger fuzor away as soon as he'd rejoined them. "There are good times too."

Just not as often as she would have liked..
"Rattrap has a point, but certainly has been the most intense introduction I've ever had with any group. Perhaps when things settle after this ordeal we can certainly have a better chance to chat Aurora."
"I certainly hope so," the fuzor replied with a smile from under those untamed and now very dirty locks of fur. They needed all the help they could get now after losing another one of their team so recently. More allies, and more importantly friends, were always welcome.
"Zodiac will be walking," Optimus clarified in his commanding voice. "His injuries are not life-threatening,"
Not a surprise there.. They already were! But it wasn't too surprising that Whitegrazer would take pity on even a hardened criminal like the renegade, Aurora thought.
"Let's go,"
Zodiac shrugged his shoulders a bit, as much as he could with his arms firmly tied behind his back, but he complied without causing any more trouble.
"Nemesis."
Although Nemesis held a higher rank than most of the Predacons aside from Megatron himself, she never felt compelled to deny each individual Predacon their rights given the role they had been assigned within the hierarchy. Spineback was a veteran, holding more experience than Nemesis herself in her field, and she was certainly talented and deserved respect as their only medical officer. While Nemesis never required her services, most of the others did, a fact Nemesis knew better than to question. So when it came to medical issues, she let the female veteran take charge as the two of them maneuvered Megatron to the medical chamber.

Once their leader was properly situated, Nemesis took her leave after thanking Spineback for her services.

"I'll leave the repairs in your skillful hands," she told the other female with a slight smile, "Now if I can be excused, I have certain.. arrangements to take care of. I'll give you an update when your repairs are completed, Commander," she told Megatron specifically.
"Then I await for the chance to arise."
"Indeed. Take a little time, rest, familiarize yourself with your new home, and be prepared for your next mission," she told the crab in passing on her way to make said arrangements. Yes, something would certainly have to be done about Zodiac even though the stolen items were back in Megatron's possession now. So Nemesis headed to her quarters to look through some old data tracks.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

She stared at Zodiac, at his optics, at how young he really was, how young they all seemed to forget that this shapeshifter was. She contemplated for a moment her answer then she asked her wayward son calmly, gently, with curiosity herself, "What do you want to be, Zodiac? What kind of bot do you really want to become?

Whitegrazer just chuckled at Rattrap's comment about her mental state, making her hiss a tiny bit from the bullet in her abdomen, "Oh, Rattrap, don't make me laugh. It hurts." She smiled at the rat and at Aurora, hearing the little one's comment about whether or not she should yell at her for yet again tking a shot that was meant for someone else. Heh. She thought the others will be used to her heroics by now. Well, she guessed that was something that would never change about her.

She then turned her attention towards Zodiac and Optimus who were still talking, but despite what they were saying, what Zodiac said or tried not to say, for a tiny second there, she felt a bit a regret from Zodiac for shooting them. Shooting her. It was a small bit of regret, but it was still regret. Probably Zodiac felt like he burnt his bridge for her by shooting at Wintersong and Aurora, which caused her to have to jump and take the bullet. But she still didn't hate nor wanted to give up on Zodiac. True, she may have been disappointed by Zodiac's actions towards her friends, and one who she considered to be a daughter, but with this turn of events, of having being in the Axalon, it may give him hope and chance like she had told him about when they talked through the connection. She forgave him already. She had continued to shelter the pain she felt from both Optimus and Zodiac. She could tell some of her pain did go through, but it seemed to be too small to cause anything but a little discomfort in the abdomen region.

Despite the rain coming down on all of them, she knew that, after the rain, the sun will shine through the dark and ominous clouds once more. Wintersong will be okay. They will all be okay.

Once Rhinox turned into beast mode, Whitegrazer eased herself gently onto the rhino's back, hoping to not get another fluid on her friend., giving him a thumbs up to let him now that she was good to go. She gazed back at Optimus and gave him a comforting warm smile, a smile she then gave to Zodiac as well.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

"Oh, Rattrap, don't make me laugh. It hurts."
Yep. Whitegrazer was as nuts as their leader was crazy. They really were meant for each other. Rattrap raised a brow at her with bewilderment that she could even laugh in the first place with that potentially fatal wound, and then he sighed and shook his head. "Uh... sorry," he apologized before he hurried off after Aurora, Tigerhawk and Wintersong so as not to induce anymore laughter from the equine.
"Don't listen to Mr Negativity here,"
The rat made a face at the ermine Fuzor in a playful manner even though her label was fairly accurate, before he added in a light tone, "I'm just bein' honest."
"Rattrap has a point, but certainly has been the most intense introduction I've ever had with any group.
"That's 'cause dere ain't nothin' normal 'bout this group," Rattrap muttered when he overheard Tigerhawk's comment to Aurora. It was difficult to tell if he was referring to the Maximals or the Predacons.
"There are good times too."
Aurora was also right about that. Far and few in between, but they did happen once in a while. Unfortunately, the more traumatic occurrences stuck out the most and they weighed on all of their shoulders. But since their numbers were climbing, they had a better chance now to succeed in missions and win battles against the Predacons.

He continued walking along with the group in the pouring rain, worried for Wintersong's survival, and like Tigerhawk, he glanced over his shoulder at the others who were further behind and escorting Zodiac. "So, Tigerhawk," Rattrap began as he looked forward at him, "find anythin' worth noting out dere on yer quest for knowledge?" he referred to his extended absence.
"Understood,"
Optimus was skeptical of Zodiac's cooperation and lack of defiance. Had he finally given up? He doubted it. The Maximal couldn't afford to underestimate him or take pity on him, so for now he simply accepted his surrender and remained on vigilant for any tricks he might have had even though he was restrained.
"I see you have more in common with your father than I initially thought..,"
Watching the shape shifter stop and turn around to face him, Primal's hands tightened on the weapon Zodiac had used to shoot his Maximals, and his jaws clenched while the primal rage roared though him like a rapid river. His breathing deepened, and he had a difficult time controlling his anger. Lucky for Zodiac, he stopped himself from saying anything more on that subject.
"Look..,"
He wasn't really willing to listen to anything else he was going to say, but he didn't have a choice while they faced each other in the drenching precipitation. Maybe, just maybe, he was going to redeem himself after his hurtful and condescending words. Optimus, ever the optimist...
"I do realize I could have handled this whole thing differently.."
Did he now? Optimus wasn't buying it. If this was some poor attempt at apologizing, then Primal was certain that Zodiac was only sorry that he had finally been caught - probably by the least likely bot he thought would to succeed - and nothing more. The leader's optics never wavered as they pierced Zodiac's. And surprisingly enough, the pretender was the first one to break away. If that was meant to be another indication of the renegade capitulating, the Maximal still wasn't convinced. Far from it. But at least by now Optimus had calmed down, and he simply gestured to Zodiac with the modified gun to turn back around and keep moving. He wasn't going to let him out of his sight or foolishly put his back to the shape shifter.

Rhinox had kept his brisk walking as smooth as he could with Whitegrazer on his back. He wouldn't have minded if she bled on him. His biggest concern was getting her back to Base as quickly as possible, and making sure Zodiac didn't try harming any of them or try to escape despite his wrists being bound. Even with Optimus's permanent limp, their leader had kept up a good pace in the rain as the dirt quickly became slick and muddy and their feet sank in with each step. There were a lot of injuries to contend with once they would return, so Rhinox tried to mentally prioritize them while he had the time to do so.

Glancing over to his friends who walked beside him, Primal saw Whitegrazer's smile, but he could only return worry and sympathy toward her and the others who had been hurt so badly throughout the day's events, both physically and emotionally. He himself was exhausted and still suffering from his own wounds, but Banshee was on his mind, and the thought of losing Whitegrazer and Wintersong as well... Well, he could barely comprehend it. It was too much. Before he let his sorrow get the best of him, he looked away and avoided eye contact with her keeping his focus on the dangerous enemy in front of them so he wouldn't be distracted.

There, not too far in front of them, was the Axalon just as wet as they were. "Sentinel, stand down," Rattrap commanded their intelligent computer.

"Acknowledged," it announced as it lowered the shield so they could enter the ship.

"Let's get Wintersong off o' Tigerhawk so he can maximize an' carry her ta one of the CR chambers," he told them. The sooner they got her vitals taken care of and her energon refueled, the better chance she had of surviving this. And once Rhinox returned with Whitegrazer, he could perform the surgery on her to remove the bullet while Wintersong was getting repaired. And if the tigress would require any more surgery after her time in the CR, then she'd have the strength to get through it while Big Green operated on her. "After this, go get Zodiac's cell prepped for his arrival," Rattrap instructed Aurora as they worked together to carefully remove Wintersong from the larger Fuzor.

-----
"Nemesis."
Although Megatron was normally too proud to accept such assistance from those beneath him, he didn't, or couldn't, make a fuss about Spineback and Nemesis helping him to the infirmary and onto a medical berth. His leg was numb from his knee injury, his head still throbbed from the dent by the "alleged" pipe that Primal claimed to have fallen on him, and his back ached from the countless wounds of the firepower it had absorbed on the Viper because of Zodiac. His consciousness kept fading in and out along with his hearing and awareness.
"I'll leave the repairs in your skillful hands," "Now if I can be excused, I have certain.. arrangements to take care of. I'll give you an update when your repairs are completed, Commander,"
Megatron could barely lift his arm to send Nemesis a dismissive wave that was merely meant to show her that he acknowledged her words, and that she could be on her way.
"There, you can rest now my liege."
Spineback's voice was the last thing he heard before he finally succumbed to his injuries and his optics went dark. His life was now in her hands, not that his wounds were life-threatening, but with the other Predacons lurking about as well as Rampage, he was in his most vulnerable state at that moment.
"I don't think so bug! I call dibs first!" "Not that you can catch up to begin with! Hehe!"
Quickstrike gasped as he heard Terrorsaur squawk and fly over him to race him to the CR tanks. "Why you...!" He raised his cobra head and fired a couple green venom blasts at him while in his beast mode, moving his scorpion legs as fast as he could.
"Then I await for the chance to arise."
Inferno quietly stared at Rampage as he stood near him until the crab noticed him. Then he narrowed his optics accusingly at the new addition blatantly showing his distrust for him before he finally marched off toward the command center. He could have used some time in the cryo tank, but his injuries were few and manageable.
"Well, that's just prime!"