"Bad Spark"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

"As I have killed Nexus Prime, by many considered a far greater prize than his protege,"
For a moment, Megatron growled under his breath as he bared his teeth at Zodiac with slight jealousy, reminding him that the shape shifter had in fact outdone him when it came to claiming one of the higher ranking officers of Cybertron. Compared to Nexus Prime, Primal was an insignificant feat that shouldn't be such a problem for Megatron to exterminate, and yet here they were. It made him want to kill Optimus right then and there had he not thought that he required his knowledge.

Optimus watched them squabble over who was the baddest and biggest criminal of the universe. Their egos were as thick as mud and it sickened him. First Megatron bragged about taking his life, which Primal didn't care to be reminded of all the time. However, he did enjoy one little thing about it, and that was how little the tyrant understood of his regeneration. Then Zodiac brought up Nexus... His words seemed to infuriate Megatron while they made Primal's spark sink with sorrow. He couldn't help but imagine Nexus seeing Zodiac in disguise as Optimus and ending his existence the way Zodiac had described it happening by his student's hands. It was still painful.
"Although I salute you for almost destroying the Maximals.. Perhaps some day we can compare notes on which one of us actually got closer in that respect."
Megatron's mouth closed, but he narrowed his optics at him for a few seconds. Then his facial expression seemed to go mellow and he faintly smiled with a hint of mischief. "Yesss. Perhaps," he finally agreed but only because he already saw himself as the greater of the two. Zodiac was only taking lives for revenge for what the Maximals did to him, which was a very selfish act that would come to an end sooner rather than later and give him no meaning to exist once he was done. Megatron, on the other hand, was on the ultimate conquest for all Predacons who deserved to be free from the Maximal Elder's control over them on Cybertron and inevitably rule throughout the universe. His reign as "King" would last for eons. Zodiac's "grand scheme" was minuscule compared to his.

With his attention drawn to Aurora's pathetic attempts clinging to life in his grasp, Megatron's expression grew disgusted with her, as if he was holding something incredibly vile in his hand and wanted to let release it immediately before any of her Maximal fluids dripped on to his wrist. He didn't, however. He continued holding her up by her neck so that the Maximals would behave.

Optimus, feeling helpless, looked on with grave concern for his young Maximal wishing there was something he could do, but Megatron had complete control of the situation. Aurora looked almost lifeless as her little body dangled there, especially when she appeared to slip into unconsciousness. Her wound's bleeding was a mere trickle now but that might have been because that was all that was left inside of her. Wasn't there anything Whitegrazer could do? As a matter of fact, she had managed to free him from the energy bonds that Nemesis had cuffed him with. He rubbed his wrists as he kept his hands hidden behind his back pretending that they were still restrained. "Megatron, have you no mercy for someone so young?" he pleaded with his nemesis.

"Young, and dare I say, brilliant," the t-rex complimented the Fuzor in his grasp but also implying that she was not so innocent simply because of her allegiance despite her age. "Of course not, Primal," Megatron laughed as he answered his dull question.

Primal glared at him as he squeezed his hands tighter behind his back in anger.
"Not futile, Megatron. Just a miscalculation on my part."
"As a war veteran, I should think you would have learned to avoid miscalculations. However," Megatron corrected himself in a mocking tone toward the equine, "as a powerful alien species, perhaps you think yourself perfect and incapable of mistakes."
"It will be all right."
The wounded Maximal leader gently leaned his head into Whitegrazer's hand as she rubbed his face, accepting her warm and caring touch. He didn't know if it was going to be alright, but he wasn't about to give up. He just wanted Aurora away from Megatron and given some medical attention. Did Whitegrazer really come without any reinforcements? Perhaps they were too busy with the rest of the Predacons, X and Starshadow.

Megatron's upper lip curled upward in disgust toward their affection for each other. "As I stated before, so long as I receive cooperation from you, you will be limiting the consequences that may befall upon your little comrade here," he reiterated to them.
"Please, please don't hurt her," "She has done nothing to you. Unlike me."
"All of this sentimental nonsense is giving me a head ache," the Predacon lied as he rolled his optics. Although, just as Whitegrazer had realized with Aurora's deteriorating condition, so had Megatron. If Aurora expired, then he had no bargaining chip. The Vok equine had recently been repaired, so she could endure much more torture. As much as he hated to alter his plans, he might have to thanks to Zodiac interfering and nearly fatally wounding the small scientist.
"My offer still stands, Megatron. You can have me, do whatever you want with me. All I ask is that you let them go. I won't resist."
The Predacon nightmare thoughtfully pursed his lips as he studied Whitegrazer trying to figure out her angle and what her true intentions might be. "You do not have the information that I require," he told her bluntly. "However," he reconsidered, "perhaps a compromise can be made. I will exchange Aurora for you, Vok, and Optimus stays," Megatron decided. But he made no gesture of handing her over or letting her go. No, not until he could figure out what was going on with his soon-to-be new Predacon.

"Inferno, status report on Protoform X," he demanded.
"I don't care."
Unlike X, Inferno saw a huge difference between Maximals and Predacons. Then again, Inferno wasn't the result of an experiment gone wrong created by Maximals. He may have originally been a Maximal protoform, but his scrambled programming and Predacon influence by Tarantulas's doing had accentuated his poor morals while exaggerating his beast mode's loyalty to his Queen and promoting his desires to burn and destroy those who threaten his colony.
"Oh, so you have experienced and enjoyed pain like myself? I always love to share my experiences. I guess you as well. Though, you, just like all the others, you want to put me in cage. Heh. Maybe in another life..."
Inferno made choking sounds as X gripped his neck, but he still tried to speak as though he wasn't aware of the danger he was in. "The Royalty... does not... cage... loyalty and destruction!" he told him before he escaped his grip when Nemesis attacked him from behind. After Inferno attacked Landslide with his rockets, and X was electrocuted by Starshadow's attack who was soon attacked by Nemesis, the ant kept himself aloft in the air and away from the traitor until she was done and X came at him with a tree. A tree? Inferno laughed and switched his gun back to the flamethrower, blasting a plume of steel-melting fire at the large plant in his hands so it would burn like a match all while hovering in the air where he was able to easily maneuver away from the burning tree's amber and smoke should the crap swing it at him. Then he heard his Queen's impatient voice over his radio.

"He still functions!" the red ant responded with frustration in his voice. "I'm afraid we'll need more firepower to subdue him."

Megatron sighed in irritation. If you want something done right, do it yourself, he thought. He didn't want to leave his current location since it was conveniently blocking all Maximal frequencies, but time was running out. It would seem he would have to improvise deviating from his original plan again. So, Megatron opened his comm. link to address all of his Predacons, "Keep the Maximals distracted and lure X away from them to a secluded area. I'm on my way."

"As you command, Royalty!" the pyro replied while he "played" with X.

After dive-bombing Landslide, Terrorsaur had narrowly escaped Starshadow's attack and turned around to return the favor just as Nemesis flew by to grab her weapon and shoot upward into the sky. The TransMetal 'dactyl decided to follow her instead so they could formulate a plan. "Nemesis, Starshadow is attached to X and vice versa. Maybe we can use her to lead X away from the others while someone else keeps the Maximals distracted so they lose track of X's whereabouts. Where's Umbra? He'd be more knowledgeable with her weaknesses. X isn't going to fall easily, but your acid shots should slow him down, plus electrocuting him." Peering downward from their high altitude, he noticed a cliff not too far from X, and he spotted Quickstrike dragging Umbra around. "There they are," he said as he pointed to the Fuzor's position. "Slag. It looks like Umbra's badly injured. See over there? We could push X to that cliff and knock him over. The fall should be enough to do some serious damage to him so we can save our firepower. We could simultaneously swoop in and grab him by each of his arms, picking him up off his feet and flying him away from the others. He won't be able to retaliate in that maneuver."

"Time to move," Megatron told Optimus and Whitegrazer, motioning them with his tail gun to start walking.

"What about Aurora?" Primal inquired as he kept facing the tyrant until he purposely put himself in front of Whitegrazer who would then be between him and Megatron so as to hide his unrestrained hands from Megatron.

"She will remain in my possession until we near your base. After all, I wouldn't want to leave her behind and in the care of the one who tried killing her in the first place," he said with a smirk toward Zodiac's direction. "Speaking of whom, Zodiac, you obviously have no intentions of hanging about, nor do I have any need for you right now, so as gracious as I am, I will allow you to retreat." After all, having to watch or keep Zodiac under his control was too much when he had enough to worry about with the three Maximals.

Optimus glanced at the fake Aurora that was granted a "free pass" to leave. He glared at him for harming his Maximal so cruelly and didn't expect him to help them at all. "Where are we going?" he asked Megatron.

"I will direct you as needed. For now, northeast toward the Axalon, but we will take a wider route around it. Now, move along," Megatron instructed them. "And if you make any attempts to warn the others or deceive me, I will end Aurora's life," he threatened them darkly as they started to walk.
"Well, that's just prime!"
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

After discharging electricity for quite a bit, Starshadow landed on her feet, the reds turning back to blues as she became Nightstar again, trying to catch her breath.
"A bit out of your element aren't you, traitor?,"
She growled and ran towards a boulder and jumped over it, taking cover from the acid shots. Checking her energy levels, she would not be able to last long in the fight if it still goes on.
"Keep the Maximals distracted and lure X away from them to a secluded area. I'm on my way."
Megatron forgot to block her out of his channel, how forgetful... She had to think of a way to counter Nemesis since she was the most competent among all of them. To battle speed with strength head on would be a disaster. It had to be patience and wits but currently she was lacking of those unlike Starshadow. Rushing out towards the open, she ran towards a rocky ramp, kicking off and transformed into her beast mode, stopping beside X, glancing towards him for a moment and focused back to Nemesis and Terrorsaur.

"Don't do anything stupid this time and don't wander off. Nemesis' advantage is wide and open spaces...and she's fast. Be on your guard and use your brains instead of brawns.." the "wings" on her flipped down and she was ready for the avian's next strike.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

"Megatron, have you no mercy for someone so young?"
"Young, and dare I say, brilliant," the t-rex complimented the Fuzor in his grasp but also implying that she was not so innocent simply because of her allegiance despite her age. "Of course not, Primal,"
"Nothing and nobody is safe from your grasp." Whitegrazer plainly stated. She had known that truth for awhile, but to see for herself, only proved how the Vok's thoughts and feelings towards the Predacon leader were justified. She kept her cool, maintain a solemn expression and presence, despite how angry and concerned she was for Aurora inside. Optimus held no such restraint, and she couldn;t fault him for that. He was injured and tired, and the fact that Megatron was holding Aurora like plaything and lack any decency to allow the little one to go compouned his fury. She didn;t need her link established to know it, to feel it. The little one's life was draining in front of their optics, slowly and painfully. Her spark ached at Aurora's pain, and even more at finding out Zodiac was the one who caused it. Though, unlike Megatron, she wasn't angry towards Zodiac, only sad and disappointed.
"As a war veteran, I should think you would have learned to avoid miscalculations. However," Megatron corrected himself in a mocking tone toward the equine, "as a powerful alien species, perhaps you think yourself perfect and incapable of mistakes."
"What you think of the Vok and I is not of any consequence nor relevant to me." Megatron could say anything he wished to feed his own ego at his slight victory. She wasn't going to give anything for him to chew on and spat out back at her. "The only thing that matters right now to me is the lives you hold in your hands." She felt Optimus' face leaning on her hand. Kept her hand there for as long as she could, giving comfort as the next few moments might get hallowing yet hopeful, she believed, they would be able to get out of here. Safely. All of them.
"As I stated before, so long as I receive cooperation from you, you will be limiting the consequences that may befall upon your little comrade here,"
"We will cooperate." Until Aurora's life wasn't in anymore danger.
"All of this sentimental nonsense is giving me a head ache,"
Typical. Leave it to Megatron to find love and sentiment to disgusting to him. But no doubt in her mind believed if it was directed at him, he would just love it and then twisted it for his own ends.
"You do not have the information that I require," he told her bluntly. "However," he reconsidered, "perhaps a compromise can be made. I will exchange Aurora for you, Vok, and Optimus stays,"

She held more knowledge that he could know, but it wasn't like she would tell him. Let him believe she held nothing. She was relieved to hear that Megatron was willing to exchange Aurora for her. Optimus staying, though, she didn't like it, but at least, Optimus was still functional even though he was injured.

She simply nodded. Now, if he just let Aurora go.
"Inferno, status report on Protoform X,"
"Keep the Maximals distracted and lure X away from them to a secluded area. I'm on my way."
Whitegrazer listened intently. From what she read on Megatron's expression and his message, his Predacons seemed to be having trouble securing X and Starshadow. Good. Hopefully, her friends would be able to put up a fight combining that with X's persistent nature.
"Time to move,"

Optimus had moved in front of her, hiding the fact his bonds were gone from Megatron. Let Megatron continue to believe Optimus was still bonded.
"What about Aurora?"
"She will remain in my possession until we near your base. After all, I wouldn't want to leave her behind and in the care of the one who tried killing her in the first place,"
She didn't like it, but there was nothing they could do at the moment but to follow Megatron's directions.
"Speaking of whom, Zodiac, you obviously have no intentions of hanging about, nor do I have any need for you right now, so as gracious as I am, I will allow you to retreat."
"Where are we going?"
"I will direct you as needed. For now, northeast toward the Axalon, but we will take a wider route around it. Now, move along," Megatron instructed them. "And if you make any attempts to warn the others or deceive me, I will end Aurora's life,"
As Optimus and Megatron spoke, she looked at Aurora with concern. She closed her optics. Took a deep breath. Opening up her spark towards Aurora, remembering what happened in the Metal Hunter as her spark had linked to everyone, though hesitant she was, she opened a link towards Aurora. The little one might be too weakened to hear her, but she must. Aurora... Aurora... If you can hear me, please remain strong for us. You will be back in the Axalon in no time, but please, just a few more minutes. She passed on some of her strength and warm to help the little one. To help the little one stay alive.

Before they started walking, she looked at Zodiac with a sorrowful expression. "Zodiac, you could have come to me." If he really needed something so badly, he could have went to her and asked her. She would have helped him. After all, despite everything, she carried a hope within her for Zodiac to change. Or at least, trust them. Trust her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"The Royalty... does not... cage... loyalty and destruction!"
"Oh, who does this Megatron think he is to deserve my loyalty when he hasn;t shown himself to me?" X said, chuckling before he was so rudely interrupted.

X grinned like a Cheshire cat at Nemesis' expression of disgust and disdain from deriving pleasure from her sai's stab wound. Now, would they know the full extent of what he was? What kind of bot he was? No, not a bot, a monster born from the Maximal tortuous labs from the tormented soul of a protoform mixed with the replication of Starscaream's immortal, devious and treacherous spark.
"He still functions!" the red ant responded with frustration in his voice. "I'm afraid we'll need more firepower to subdue him."
X watched with little to no amusement at his tree bat burning like a match in front of him like a child disappointed at a brokened toy. He threw the ashes of the trees at the fire ant, pouting like a child, but that annoying ant flew too far and the ashes missed.
"Don't do anything stupid this time and don't wander off. Nemesis' advantage is wide and open spaces...and she's fast. Be on your guard and use your brains instead of brawns.."
"I am yours to direct, my sweet." He bent down and caressed underneath Nightstar's chin. He could sense her frustration as well as her exhaustion. Nighstar is his, and won;t allow anyone to take her from him nor damage her. Only he had the right to break her.
Last edited by una on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Nemesis wrote:"You will regret that,"

Landslide stepped back as Nemesis drew his sword, then heard Inferno flying closer and firing on him, he shifted as multiple shots pelted his body, bringing up his shield to block some of them while being forced back a little from the barrage.

Cheetor turned and opened fire on Terrorsaur as he flew off to follow Starshadow,Landslide raises his arm up with his electro laser, then fired off a bolt of electricity at Inferno, holding his shield ready to guard against another oncoming attack.

Meanwhile in the hanger, repairs on the CR chamber had finished, the drones then looked around the hanger, taking note of materials in the area.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Zodiac had watched Megatron's reaction to his earlier comment, looking for any sort of triggering event in the tyrant. He was, after all, tied up at the moment and as such had limited movement. On the other hand, Megatron also had three Maximals to deal with by himself. It was a gamble, but Zodiac was fairly certain that the tyrant would end up letting him go. He was, after all, not part of the purple Predacon's initial plan, and the tyrant couldn't very well kill him too easily given his own uncanny ability to heal himself. Also letting Whitegrazer go seemed like an illogical choice due to the likelihood of her revealing what was happening to the other Maximals.

No, the most likely scenario was that the tyrant would release the shapeshifter even though it would surely annoy him to give up his chance to score even. For now.

Fortunately the Vok/equine female had kept from using her mental link. Zodiac wasn't entirely sure why that was, but he was still grateful for it. He needed no more distractions, and he was well aware that the female's motherly nature would cause her to lecture him yet again. Not that it would change anything. Enough time had passed for the Maximals to believe him long gone. And he likely would have been, had he been able to..
"Yesss. Perhaps,"
Catching the hint of a smile on the tyrant's face, Zodiac had smiled back ever so briefly. It was a conversation he didn't intend to have any time soon, of course, due to the fact that him remaining captive is the only way such an event could take place given the shaky nature of his relationship with Megatron. Their backgrounds may have been intertwined, but they had emerged different individuals after all. And neither was willing to accept the other as superior.

He used the opportunity he was given when Megatron got distracted by his Maximal prisoners to sneak away.

Aurora, meanwhile, looked dreadful as she dangled in Megatron's grasp. The longer she went without medical attention, the worse she got. She was weak, only occasionally making a whimpering sound, and her optics flickered on from time to time as she tried to take in her surroundings. Each time, however, she closed her eyes again since what little she could see didn't exactly help her spirit any.
"Megatron, have you no mercy for someone so young?"
"Young, and dare I say, brilliant,"
"Of course not, Primal,"
While Aurora herself was too weak to really comprehend much of what was taking place around her, Zodiac did catch the banter between the two enemies as he moved away from their position. Primal's reaction was absolutely priceless and his desperation to save the little ermine would have been touching to almost anyone.. Aside from the two Predacons present. In Zodiac's opinion, the more humane approach would be to simply put the little fuzor out of her misery. It's what Predacons did for comrades who were beyond saving, after all, unless they simply didn't care enough in which case they would just leave them behind to die a slow, agonizing death.
"As I stated before, so long as I receive cooperation from you, you will be limiting the consequences that may befall upon your little comrade here,"
Zodiac got more and more assured that Megatron's focus was on the Maximals. Aside from that single shot at his legs to try to slow him down, he made no effort to stop the shapeshifter from escaping. It wasn't that he hadn't taken notice to him moving away, but it would appear the renegade's gamble was about to pay off.
"perhaps a compromise can be made. I will exchange Aurora for you, Vok, and Optimus stays,"
The renegade smiled to himself, having slowed his speed down a bit as not to miss any of the delicious scenario that was taking place. Oh this was all too perfect. Not only would Primal not be able to get in the way of his plans, but nor would the annoying white mare. And Aurora? Well, it wouldn't take much to get rid of her before the Maximals were able to get a hold of her. Then he wouldn't have to worry about how to infiltrate the Axalon.
"She will remain in my possession until we near your base. After all, I wouldn't want to leave her behind and in the care of the one who tried killing her in the first place," he said with a smirk toward Zodiac's direction. "Speaking of whom, Zodiac, you obviously have no intentions of hanging about, nor do I have any need for you right now, so as gracious as I am, I will allow you to retreat."
And there it was. Confirmation.

Zodiac's smile widened and he nodded approvingly at the tyrant who was leading his prisoners away. Not that he believed for an instant that Megatron had any concern for Aurora's well-being. He wasn't going to get so close to the Axalon that the Maximals would take notice of him. So that only left two options. Either he would stay true to his word and drop Aurora off on the way, but far enough from the Axalon that Zodiac could finish the job to avoid there being two Aurora's or, as the more likely option, Megatron would take advantage of the fuzor to lure his other two prisoners with him without giving up his advantage. After all, without Aurora there were no reason for the other two Maximals to comply. She was his leverage, his assurance. And no doubt his plans included the little fuzor in the first place.

"Indeed, very gracious of you!," Zodiac called after them before settling his gaze on the captive Primal as he caught the glare the other male sent him.

He returned the glare with a mischievous wink of his own while waiting for them to move further away before he made his way over to Aurora's cart that had so generously been left for him. She had, after all, filled it to the brim with tools he could use to free himself. Only a few steps towards the cart, however, the Vok hybrid female's voice caused him to halt for a moment.
"Zodiac, you could have come to me."
He smiled at her, a somewhat mischievous grin. "Now where would the fun be in that? Besides.. " The smile faded to ice. "We all know where your loyalties lie. You've become too Maximal, bound by their code of honor. I, fortunately, do not share that fate.. And look where it has gotten both of us."

After waiting for them to move far enough away, he returned his attention to the cart of goodies and made his way there. Indeed, the little fuzor's treasures did not disappoint so he got to work with finding what he needed.

And within moments he had done just that, deactivating the cuffs keeping his arms restrained behind his back before turning his attention to those keeping his legs together. Now free, he stretched out before looking in the direction Megatron had taken his hostages.

Aurora...

The fuzor stirred in the tyrant's grip, feeling.. something.. calling her name.. Someone trying to reach her, to give her some strength she sorely lacked right now.

Aurora...

The voice repeated itself, forcing her to open her optics for but a moment. Her vision was blurred due to the massive injuries she had sustained, but she did take note of Primal and Whitegrazer still there. The shapeshifter, fortunately, had gone.

If you can hear me, please remain strong for us. You will be back in the Axalon in no time, but please, just a few more minutes.

"Whitegrazer..," the ermine mumbled, finally recognizing the voice, although she didn't quite get the fact that it was via a mental link. She was too weak to continue speaking, instead she simply drifted off to sleep again.

Nemesis' optics flashed as the traitorous feline hid behind a few boulders. Well, those boulders might be able to protect her from the ground, but from above they wouldn't do her much good when fire rained down upon her from the sky.

Indeed, she was about to fly further up to do just that when the pterodactyl's somewhat screeching voice interrupted her. And for a change his words made quite a bit of sense.
"Nemesis, Starshadow is attached to X and vice versa. Maybe we can use her to lead X away from the others while someone else keeps the Maximals distracted so they lose track of X's whereabouts. Where's Umbra? He'd be more knowledgeable with her weaknesses. X isn't going to fall easily, but your acid shots should slow him down, plus electrocuting him."
After glancing down at the boulder the traitor was using as a shelter, Nemesis responded; "My only objection with that plan is that it requires keeping the traitor alive. But all right, we'll give it a try. It may not be as much fun, but perhaps we can have some of that later after Megatron is done with them.."
"Slag. It looks like Umbra's badly injured. See over there? We could push X to that cliff and knock him over. The fall should be enough to do some serious damage to him so we can save our firepower. We could simultaneously swoop in and grab him by each of his arms, picking him up off his feet and flying him away from the others. He won't be able to retaliate in that maneuver."
Well sooner or later the traitor and her large friend would succumb to their combined firepower, she was certain of that. It was just two of them against the Predacon armada, after all. However as much as she hated to admit it, Terrorsaur did raise a valid point. Some of their troops were already injured. The others didn't have her ability to regenerate so rapidly.

"Or we could simply let him fall to the bottom of the cliff and gather the pieces then.. Might be less troublesome. He's big but not too big to fit in our cryo baths." She shrugged. "They work well enough to reassemble Waspinator at least."

Megatron's transmission cut in, only reinforcing the plan Terrorsaur had laid out moments before. Nemesis was more than a little impressed by this earth shattering event, where Terrorsaur and Megatron actually agreed on the course of action for a change.

"All right, let's do it," she told her fellow flyer while moving away from her position as if retreating.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC: Sorry, una, I missed that part with BA. ))
Megatron forgot to block her out of his channel, how forgetful...
Forgetful? Or had it been done on purpose in order to throw Starshadow off his "scent"? Megatron was no fool and not so naive.
"Indeed, very gracious of you!,"
"You would be wise to remember it," the tyrant reinforced toward Zodiac crushing any condescending tone or mockery that the shape shifter might have implied with his words.
"Zodiac, you could have come to me."
"Now where would the fun be in that? Besides.. " "We all know where your loyalties lie. You've become too Maximal, bound by their code of honor. I, fortunately, do not share that fate.. And look where it has gotten both of us."
Megatron chuckled at their exchange as he found both of their pitiful lives of torture and misguidance amusing.
"Nothing and nobody is safe from your grasp."
Taking that as a compliment a corner of his purple mouth lifted in a silent smirk toward their backs.
"What you think of the Vok and I is not of any consequence nor relevant to me." "The only thing that matters right now to me is the lives you hold in your hands."
"And it is that foolish valor and sentiment that continuously lands you Maximals in these predicaments," Megatron commented toward Whitegrazer as they walked.

"You're wrong, Megatron. That is our strength, and we use it to keep interfering with your plans. It's been quite a successful tactic, I'd say," Primal emphasized without looking back at him. He could hear Megatron growl with contempt behind him and Whitegrazer. He expected a shot or two to follow but they never came. Perhaps the Predacon was reserving his firepower, but it must have taken a lot for him to restrain his anger.
"We will cooperate."
"Indeed, you will."

Optimus moved along with his permanent limp in the front of the line. He could try to surprise Megatron now and retaliate since he was no longer restrained, but his energy levels were low. No, he would have to wait for a better opportunity and when Aurora was no longer in danger. Whatever Megatron's plan was with X, he obviously thought Optimus was the best choice to carry it out or possessed the knowledge of doing something risky, perhaps reprogramming him. Couldn't Tarantulas just do that, though?
"Whitegrazer..,"
Megatron's optics immediately narrowed at Aurora's weak mutter before they shot at Whitegrazer in front of him. He automatically assumed that the Vok was communicating with the Fuzor even though she could have just as easily been mumbling incoherently as her life slowly slipped away. So, just in case, the tyrant strongly reiterated, "You are putting her life in jeopardy, Vok. Cease your telepathy at once."

Primal glanced over his shoulder to see what was going on behind him since he hadn't heard what Aurora said, frowning at her and Whitegrazer before sending a short glare at Megatron. Judging by the Predacon leader's words, it was evident to him that Whitegrazer had communicated to Aurora by opening her link to her, but it had been quite some time since he felt or heard anything from the Empath.

"Optics forward, Primal," the t-rex instructed him, and the Maximal obliged. "Quickstrike, Tarantulas, meet me as these coordinates," Megatron sent to them. It was a location just beyond the Axalon's sensor range and not far from X's current positions.

"Sure thing, Boss-bot," the Predacon Fuzor replied and changed his direction in his beast mode while still dragging Umbra behind him.
"My only objection with that plan is that it requires keeping the traitor alive.
Terrorsaur laughed interrupting Nemesis after he had easily dodged Cheetor's shots. "Does it? I think he might chase her corpse."
But all right, we'll give it a try. It may not be as much fun, but perhaps we can have some of that later after Megatron is done with them.." "Or we could simply let him fall to the bottom of the cliff and gather the pieces then.. Might be less troublesome. He's big but not too big to fit in our cryo baths." "They work well enough to reassemble Waspinator at least."
The flying dinosaur laughed again at Waspinator's misfortunes. "At this point, I don't think the method matters so long as we deliver on Megatron's orders." He didn't care to be thrashed by their commanding officer like he had in the past when he disobeyed or failed. It wasn't pleasant, and it was humiliating.
"All right, let's do it,"
"You take point, and I'll follow right on your tail. That way they'll think it's only you attacking until I reveal myself for the ambush." Nemesis was a bit bigger than Terrorsaur so her body and extended wings could easily hide him, and if they kept themselves silhouetted against the bright sky long enough, it would be more difficult for Starshadow and X to distinguish that there would be two fliers inbound instead of just one until it was too late.
"Oh, who does this Megatron think he is to deserve my loyalty when he hasn;t shown himself to me?"
Inferno couldn't understand why anyone would question his Queen. It boggled his simple but loyal mind. The hovering ant ended up laughing at Protoform X's lousy attempt with throwing the burning tree at him and missing him. He fired more random shots at him and Starshadow to keep them distracted while Nemesis and Terrorsaur engaged with their plan. Unfortunately, it was too late when he noticed Landslide's attack. With nothing to shield himself with, the bolt hit the ant, electrocuting him and causing him to crash to the ground. His body twitched as he laid there on his stomach while his systems tried coping and repairing themselves.
"Yo, rat, that white mare of yours ran past me as I was fighting off Tarantulas. Where did she go? What's going on?"
"I ain't sure, Legs. Regroup, guys," Rattrap told Landslide and Blackarachnia over his comm. link as he stood beside Cheetor. The Spy glanced around the area while assessing their current situation. Megatron was still a no-show, and so were Optimus and Aurora. Whitegrazer was off saving the day or something, Rhinox and Banshee were in the CR's, Landslide was grounded, and X and Star were playing with the remaining Predacons. Why were the three fliers still there if the rest had retreated? Something was off...
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

((OOC: It's all right, OOP. :D I said something but deleted since you just got back and I didn't want to bother you with that. Sorry for the delay in this post guys. Hopefully, everything is all right in this post. Let me know if there is anything I need to change or fix. :D ))
"Now where would the fun be in that? Besides.. " The smile faded to ice. "We all know where your loyalties lie. You've become too Maximal, bound by their code of honor. I, fortunately, do not share that fate.. And look where it has gotten both of us."
That's what the Vok also believed of her. They believed she got so weak and attached. She lowered her head and walked.
"And it is that foolish valor and sentiment that continuously lands you Maximals in these predicaments,"
"You're wrong, Megatron. That is our strength, and we use it to keep interfering with your plans. It's been quite a successful tactic, I'd say,"
Sometimes, they did allow their sentiment to get the better of them. Megatron was right about that. Remembering how easy they allowed Optimus to get taken prisoner and tortured because two of their comrades were captured. They just allowed this to happen. She remembered how hurt and angry Aurora was at the turn of events. It wasn't worth the cost. Optimus still bore the scars of what transpired at the Predacon base. She still felt the lingering pain and anguish she felt from Optimus as well as what she felt for experiencing it. They should have been active. They should had found a way to save their comrades without giving more up.

Here they were again.

Aurora, who ventured off alone without backup, Optimus, who should have got his injuries repaired but instead rushed in to save Aurora by himself, and her, who wanted to help Optimus and Aurora without any backup herself, made horrible mistakes. Their good intentions... could led to a death of another. If Aurora died because of her, she would never forgive herself. Optimus would feel the same way too.

What a fool she was. Megatron was right.
"Whitegrazer..."
When she heard Aurora's voice, she sighed in relief, but she knew Megatron might get paranoid.
You are putting her life in jeopardy, Vok. Cease your telepathy at once."
It's okay, Aurora. Save your strength. Don't speak a word.

Oh, that's right. Megatron was aware, but he was taken aback by her link. It really wasn't telepathy. It was Empathy. It was her ace in the hole, and she wasn't going to let Megatron take that away from her. But she wondered if she should lie or tell the truth. If she lied, Megatron might not appreciate it. If she told the truth, she could placate and make Megatron keep believing he had the upper hand and grow overconfident yet not too much since he was aware of her abilities. Keep him on his toes, but don't stomp on them too hard. She decided to tell the truth. She pleaded. "Please, don't harm her. I terminated the link." She did. How would he know if she complied or not? And even if he saw through her lie, if she did decide to, what would he do? Kill Aurora? He could, but...since he was outnumbered, he would be killing off the only thing keeping her and Optimus in line. "I'm sorry." She swallowed. "I felt the little one's pain, hearing her cry out. I couldn't bear it. I only wanted to comfort her. That's all." She turned her head, staring at Aurora's weakened form full of concern and panic.
"Optics forward, Primal," the t-rex instructed him, and the Maximal obliged. "Quickstrike, Tarantulas, meet me as these coordinates,"
Wait a minute. This was something they couldn't afford. Optimus and her would be outnumbered, and there was still no guarantee Megatron would let go of Aurora. He might even carry out his threat. Optimus and her needed to do something before then. "Megatron... Wait." she spoke, stopping. Optics wet in concern yet she didn't look back at Megatron. "I know your comrades are having a difficult time getting X. I can give you X. He has an affinity towards me. If you allow Optimus to take Aurora back to the Axalon, I will remain your prisoner and help you extract X."

"Quickstrike, Tarantulas, meet me as these coordinates,"
Tarantulas looked at the coordinates. They weren't too far away where he was. Tarantulas took some of his arachnids off his body. There as still damage, but he was still functional and ready to do some damage. Oh, he really wanted to take some stream of right now. Turned into his beast mode and rolled off.
"I ain't sure, Legs. Regroup, guys,"
Blackarachnia shrugged, transforming into her beast mode, and was headed towards Rattrap's location when she got a glimspse of Tarantulas out of the corner of her optic. This could be her chance to finish him off for good. She followed him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

X watched as the big, hunky Maximal electrocuted the fire ant. X laughed and walked over towards the downed fire ant. He watched as Nemesis seemed to be retreating. "Well, well, well, look how your loyalty is rewarded." He looked over the fire ant. A hunger loomed over his expression. "Maybe I should use you as an example towards your friends. I wonder where I should I start from? Your head or feet?" X opened his mouth and was ready to take a bite out of Inferno's chest area.
Last edited by una on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(Well, I guess I'll post then, though can't think of much at the moment..)

Cheetor watched as Nemesis and Terrorsaur bolted off, Landslide looked towards Rattrap as he spoke up.
Rattrap wrote:"I ain't sure, Legs. Regroup, guys,"

Landslide let out a slight burst of thrust from his remaining nacelle skating over to Rattrap, then came to a stop Rhinox is accounted fer in the CR chamber lad. What are yer orders?

After a bit, one of the drones floats over to Rattrap Repairs to the CR chamber have been completed as well as delivery of extra cure for the netherzarian disease. I am currently analyzing the sample acquired from Starshadow. Do you require further assistance or repairs? the drone then inquired.

Landslide tilted his head looking towards his tattered wings and damaged nacelle Can't say I'd trust ya to do the work, but how long do you think it'd take ta patch up my thrusters?

the drone glanced at Landslide examining his damage for a moment. 15 minutes with the current number of drones and spare parts. It would take 2 minutes to complete repairs on your shoulder weaponry with spare parts however.

Landslide blinked for a moment in surprise 2 minutes?! ... Can you do that on the move?

The drone gave a simple nod Affirmative.

Landslide glanced towards Rattrap What do you think?
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:32 am (ooc: I hope everyone had a great holiday!!)
"Does it? I think he might chase her corpse."
Nemesis smirked slightly upon hearing the pteradactyl's teasing words. Indeed. Not too long ago she had saved Terrorsaur's life from Megatron's wrath. Most of the Predacons disliked the cocky flyer, however Nemesis saw him more as a potential ally and comrade in arms. Not too bright at times, sure, given his propensity to openly defy Megatron, but still she found that he had potential. And his never-ending enthusiasm held a certain.. entertainment value.

"Perhaps we should test your hypothesis," she responded, moving away from Starshadow's location but not too quickly for the slower and larger crab to follow suit.
"At this point, I don't think the method matters so long as we deliver on Megatron's orders."
The slight hesitation in the pterodactyl's voice was evident, hinting at a hard lesson learned from his past encounters on the receiving end of Megatron's wrath. Nemesis recognized that dread all too well, as she also had been in that position before as well. Granted, in her case she had been framed for a crime she did not commit. By Zodiac, the traitor now being held captive by Megatron. Oh, how she looked forward to the torments she could inflict upon her former friend when they got him back to base.. To where there was no escape, and where nobody would hear his pleads for forgiveness or come to his aid.

It didn't occur to her that Megatron would release the traitor to secure his Maximal prizes instead.

She waited for a moment, expecting at least some shots being fired at her while she seemingly retreated. Upon not getting the reaction she had been hoping for, she looped around and fired a few shots at Starshadow and X alike, wanting them to chase her. In the open sky, they would never be able to catch up to her. Unless, of course, she wanted them to.

"They're not coming," she muttered in frustration to her fellow flyer, more concerned by the delay than the potential for harm to the Predacons foolish enough to remain close to X.

(ooc: According to their profiles, both Nemesis and Terrorsaur are 9 feet tall)
"You take point, and I'll follow right on your tail. That way they'll think it's only you attacking until I reveal myself for the ambush."
The female sent the male a quizzical look, given the fact he wasn't much smaller than her. But aside from her blacker areas, they both had a similar shade of red on their armor. So from a distance, perhaps she'd be able to hide him if she spread the metallic feathers on her wings enough.

"Not brave enough to fight side by side?," she asked him teasingly, "Okay then."

In robot form, she spread her wings as wide as she could, much like she would when needing to slow down or catch an updraft, the metallic feathers mostly shielding the male from view as she sped up towards the traitorous female and her larger companion.

"How impolite of me.. I forgot to give you a farewell present!," she cried out to get their attention, firing at them as she approached. Inferno had made himself the target of X's attention, while unfortunate Nemesis wasn't about to half the attack for his sake. If she hit him, oh well, surely he could be repaired more easily from that than from being devoured by the freakish X's jaws.

Zodiac in Aurora's form watched as Megatron and his captives faded into the background, a hint of a smile playing on his features. Oh, how very foolish the tyrant had been when he had released the shapeshifter just now. Of course that wasn't something he could taunt him with, no matter how badly he wanted to at that very moment. The future Megatron had envisioned for himself was far from set in stone. As the very fact that they were all here, on prehistoric Earth, was proof in itself that history could be altered.

Fortunately Megatron had not questioned why the shapeshifter had gone to the trouble of luring the little fuzor there, much less what his true intent for inflicting such severe injuries on her had been. It certainly had not been a failed attempt to kill the little female, but more so a safety net to assure the Maximals wouldn't suspect anything. He had no doubt they must have upped their security measures after his last visit there, well, last visit without being in chains at any rate. But with Aurora's identification chip in his possession, he foresaw nobody suspecting 'her' or the real motivation behind 'her' visit. That is, of course, provided the white mare/vok wasn't foolish enough to risk all of their lives yet again.

The fuzor was barely clinging to life, so there was a fairly good chance she would die on the way back to wherever Megatron was taking them. Surely the tyrant wouldn't give up his ace, his one reason for the other two Maximals to follow his lead, although Zodiac decided it best to make sure. And for a moment, his white and furry frame shifted to that of Darkwind.. The Predacon sniper that he had used as a disguise to infiltrate their base and to inflict damage to the fuzor the first time so that he could prove the link between Whitegrazer and a select few existed. The sniper rifle materializing in his hand, Zodiac used the scope to follow Megatron and the captured Maximals' movements now that they were out of visual range.

And should Megatron actually be foolish enough to release Aurora like he had promised, the shapeshifter would just have to finish the job with a well placed shot. He couldn't risk having a second fuzor running around the Maximal base, after all, that would be too risky to his operations. No, not until he had gotten what he needed from there. And then he would show them.. ALL of them.. perhaps especially Megatron himself.. that history could indeed be changed if you had the right tools to do it.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"Please, don't harm her. I terminated the link."
"Yes, I'm sure you did." Megatron's tone was dripping in sarcasm since he doubted that she had actually severed the link. However, it didn't seem to irritate him as he focused for a moment on their surroundings while they approached the battle near the Axalon. The gun fire and louder voices could be heard beyond the rocky formations of their higher terrain. He continued gripping Aurora in his hand while holding his tail weapon in the other.
"I'm sorry." "I felt the little one's pain, hearing her cry out. I couldn't bear it. I only wanted to comfort her. That's all."
"Silence, Vok. I have no desire to listen to your insolent babbling of compassion," he demanded, although he didn't completely dismiss her explanation. She felt her pain? Ah, of course. She felt Primal's as well. And back in the Metal Hunter, she had felt all of them and vice versa. It wasn't just telepathy... It was something more. It was an invisible connection to their sparks, was it not? The aliens had used Whitegrazer's as their means of a "hub", so to speak, to connect the rest of them and somehow reach all of their sparks. It had been the most vile and vulnerable experience that Megatron had ever endured. For someone to be able to "touch" his very life source and harm it was completely in violation of the control he had striven to protect himself from. This Vok before him would have to be neutralized sooner rather than later in order to prevent such an occurrence from happening again. "Halt," he told both Optimus and Whitegrazer.

Optimus stopped, turned around and quietly scanned the area before settling his optics on Aurora. He frowned with great concern over her condition as she dangled in Megatron's hand. She appeared extremely weak, her body limp, hanging on by a thread of life. She had to be taken to the CR immediately! Of course his own injuries were not much better. It took a lot for him to keep his arms behind his back to pretend his wrists were still restrained instead of holding his hands over the hole in his side. The make-shift bandage that Nemesis had applied over it was beginning to peel off because of it having absorbed his leaking fluids. He often grimaced from the pain, but compared to Aurora's state, it was a minuscule nuisance. Not too far away he picked up some voices from both Maximals and Predacons, and it seemed as though the Predacons were still struggling to capture X. Good.
"Megatron... Wait."
The tyrant's optics slowly peered into Whitegrazer's as they narrowed to a glare.
"I know your comrades are having a difficult time getting X. I can give you X. He has an affinity towards me. If you allow Optimus to take Aurora back to the Axalon, I will remain your prisoner and help you extract X."
Primal looked from Whitegrazer's suggestion back to Megatron, hopeful that he would agree to it if only to save Aurora's life.

The tug of a small, mischievous smile pulled at a corner of the Predacon's shiny, purple mouth as his optics relaxed. "Is that so?" What a foolish detail to admit. She should have known he would exploit her for it, assuming she was telling the truth. But from his recollection of the earlier battle to obtain Protoform X, there was some kind of infatuation that X had for this Vok-turned-Maximal. "What say we put that to a test, shall we? Reach out to him and draw him toward us," Megatron demanded as he lowered Aurora to the ground near his feet and targeted her lifeless body with his tail gun in a threatening manner.

Optimus swallowed and took a step toward him with anger in his optics.

Megatron's eyes were immediately drawn to Primal's movement which forced him to activate his tail gun and charge it, but he didn't fire. He merely wanted to scare Optimus from doing anything that would further endanger his Maximal's life. And it worked, naturally. The pathetic Maximal leader remained where he was and behaved.

Primal's hands itched to grab his weapon and fire it square into Megatron's chest. He could do it, he was quick. Megatron wouldn't suspect it, but it would be risky in hopes that he would instinctively move away from Aurora in order to maintain his balance and defend himself. Curling and flexing his fingers, he slowly lowered his right arm so as not to draw any attention to it while reaching downward toward his leg as Megatron looked to Whitegrazer for her compliance. Optimus' fingers traced over the handle of his gun before wrapping them around it and gripping it tightly. But suddenly, his entire arm flashed green and he cried out in pain as the venom traveled through his upper body, paralyzing him and causing him to fall to the ground and dropping his weapon.

"Looks like he was about ta getta shot off of you, Boss-bot," Quickstrike said as he stood there in his robot mode lowering his cobra head that had just fired a dose of venom at the Maximal leader from behind.

After a quick gasp of being taken unaware, Megatron watched Optimus writhe in pain on the ground and spotted his gun nearby before he looked at his Predacon Fuzor. "Indeed. Well done, Quickstrike." Fortunately for Primal and Whitegrazer, Megatron didn't bother taking this disobedience out on Aurora. He had enough enjoyment with Optimus' punishment from the scorpion/cobra's attack. And even though he needed Optimus alive and functional for his scheme, it appeared to have been a dose with a minimal and temporary effect. Lucky for Quickstrike. "It would seem he slipped out of his bonds," he observed angrily. "I wonder how that could have happened." His carnivorous optics raised back up to Whitegrazer's as the answer to his rhetorical statement since he recalled the perfect opportunity when she would have deactivated them during her smoke grenade stunt.

Walking over, Quickstrike kicked Primal's weapon out of his reach and stood before his leader. "Umbra's down. He's been in stasis lock for a while now." He glanced over his shoulder in the direction where he left the squid lay nearby, and Megatron glanced over while maintaining his threat on Aurora so Whitegrazer wouldn't try anything foolish.

"And the others...?"

"Well, I don't plain know," the Fuzor scratched his head with his beast mode's scorpion feet. "Terrorsaur and Nemesis and Inferno were attackin' Starshadow an' Crabcakes. Them slaggin' Maximals just don't stay down!" he said with frustration.

Then that left Tarantulas, the scheming and treacherous arachnid. But for once, Megatron hoped he had his cooperation and that he would arrive shortly. And maybe, just maybe, he'd be dragging Blackarachnia's body along with him. "Nemesis, Terrorsaur and Inferno, focus your firepower on the Maximals. Do not let them replenish their ammunition and strength!" he ordered his Predacons over his comm. link, growing impatient with their lack of control over the situation.
"Well, well, well, look how your loyalty is rewarded." "Maybe I should use you as an example towards your friends. I wonder where I should I start from? Your head or feet?"
Inferno faintly heard X's voice, and he could feel his presence far too close for comfort. He even felt the breath of his mouth near his chest which housed his beast mode's head. But it was then when Nemesis' shots fell upon them both, forcing X to back off and divert his attention from the ant to the two birds. As he was slowly coming back on-line from his electrocution by Landslide, grumbled and coughed a little as he pushed himself up and reached for his large weapon. "Ah... As you command, Royalty." His voice was a little distorted, and he had some trouble gaining his balance as he stood up, but he persisted in their pursuit to achieve victory for their Queen. After stumbling a little in his steps as Nemesis' shots continued to rained down around him and X, he ignited his engine and took to the air once more, leaving the crab to Nemesis and Terrorsaur.
Rhinox is accounted fer in the CR chamber lad. What are yer orders?
Good. Although, they could've really used his firepower and expertise on taking these lousy Predacons down. But the sooner he was repaired, the better. Rattrap hesitated answering Landslide's question while he took a moment to assess the situation. That was when he spotted Blackarachnia sneaking off in the distance. "Hey, She-spider, I said regroup, not divide an' conquer!" he yelled over his comm. link to her. The nerve of dat black widow! "You can never rely on spiders! And ya can't trust Predacons," he reiterated angrily from his previous observations to the beetle and the cat before him.
Repairs to the CR chamber have been completed as well as delivery of extra cure for the netherzarian disease. I am currently analyzing the sample acquired from Starshadow. Do you require further assistance or repairs?
The Spy raised a curious brow at the drone. Maybe these guys were handy after all.
Can't say I'd trust ya to do the work, but how long do you think it'd take ta patch up my thrusters?
15 minutes with the current number of drones and spare parts. It would take 2 minutes to complete repairs on your shoulder weaponry with spare parts however.
2 minutes?! ... Can you do that on the move?
Affirmative.
What do you think?
"Waspinator, engage the Maximals now!" Megatron commanded his Predacon flier who had been purposely absent from the battle per Megatron's instructions.

"Waspinator will engage!" the wasp jeered over their transmission as he was hovering out of sight and out of range from the Maximals' scanners. Terrorizing, he grabbed his weapon and flew off toward the three Maximals who were standing together. With a quick fly-by, he fired several shots at them with his small missiles ((or whatever they are)).

Waspinator's sudden attack forced Rattrap to duck and huddle close to Landslide for cover, but one of his shots managed to hit his left shoulder despite his quick reaction. He cringed with a yelp of pain and glared at Waspinator as he flew out of their weapons' range. "I think we got more company!" he finally answered the beetle. "Get yer weapons fixed, a.s.a.p., 'Slider! Cheetor, shred dat lousy Predacon!"

"BLAAAHHHHHHH! Buuurn, Maximals!" Inferno flew in after Waspinator's attack and fired his rockets at the ground around their feet with some strays that were aimed a little higher to hit their legs and knees.

"You gotta be kiddin' me. Whoa!" Rattrap said as he jumped to the side and rolled in order to avoid the ant's firepower. Kneeling, he then returned fire from his gun, trying to aim for his engine on his back but the spinning blades prevented his shots from hitting their target. Instead, they ricocheted and flew off in different directions. Frustrated, the rat then targeted his chest and weapon, but the pyro moved around too erratically for any of his shots to hit.

Inferno switched his ammunition from the rockets to the fiery blasts continued shooting relentlessly down at the Maximals, laughing at Rattrap's pitiful attempts that were missing him. He could assume he was out of range of Landslide's lightning bolt weapon since he didn't know how far it could reach, but he recalled that he had it and wanted to be more careful this time to get fried again.

(( OOC: They're both 9 ft tall? Whoops. My bad. Thanks for double-checking. I just picture Nemesis being much taller for some reason. I didn't think there was a profile for TransMetal Terrorsaur, but I didn't remember to investigate and make sure. ))
"Perhaps we should test your hypothesis,"
Terrorsaur smirked, pleased that Nemesis agreed with him. Of course, he didn't entirely trust her. Like Megatron, he had his doubts about her loyalty and compassion toward the Maximals because of her past encounters and mercy shown toward them. He himself might have tried overthrowing Megatron and cause a couple mutinies, but he was always loyal to the Predacon cause. For the moment, in their common goal to acquire X, he was planning on having some fun with her and see just how far she'd go to earn Megatron's trust again.
"They're not coming,"
Terrorsaur grumbled under his breath and was about to suggest something else when she spoke up a snide remark.
"Not brave enough to fight side by side?," "Okay then."
"My courage has never been in question," he spat back at her in his scratchy, annoying voice. Despite her tease, he followed suit and flew in right behind her as they had planned, her wingspan hiding him the best they could as they swooped in, her silhouette against the light sky helping to conceive him.
"How impolite of me.. I forgot to give you a farewell present!,"
Terrorsaur grinned while at the last moment, he slipped out from behind Nemesis and fired his fully charged optic lasers at Starshadow's chest with the intention of her blowing her back off of her feet before turning them on X to distract him as he Nemesis flew side by side and swooped in to grab one of his arms each in order to lift the large crab off of his feet.
"Nemesis, Terrorsaur and Inferno, focus your firepower on the Maximals. Do not let them replenish their ammunition and strength!"
"Hold, please!" Terrorsaur told the Predacon leader in a rude tone as if he was an annoying telemarketer putting him on hold on a telephone.

Megatron growled in displeasure but waited nonetheless. Perhaps those two fliers were in the midst of finally accomplishing their plan.

"So, what do we need these three flea-bags for?" Quickstrike asked Megatron as he motioned to Optimus, Aurora and Whitegrazer.

"All will be revealed in due time," he answered with confidence while he was still targeting the Maximal Fuzor and waiting for Whitegrazer to deliver X to him.

Optimus groaned a little as the venom gradually wore off. While it had numbed the pain from the hole on his side, as the paralysis started to subside which allowed the pain to slowly return. Still, he coped with it and began to regain his awareness and return to the situation at hand.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Nightstar observed the fliers wherever they flew, narrowing her optics. It would be stupid to follow them as they had the advantage of open spaces. Transforming into her robot mode with a low growl while keeping a clear focus, she glanced towards X, "they're up to something. We should head elsewhere, leave this place for good."
"How impolite of me.. I forgot to give you a farewell present!,"
As soon as Nemesis showed herself again, she leapt behind the boulders for cover and growled loudly, "we don't want your garbage, Nemesis!" she replied with annoyance before whipping out her gun to return fire until Terrorsaur's optic lasers shot her right in the back, throwing her body off balance and into the dirt, her thrusters completely damaged.

That was the price of her carelessness. Her back started emitting sparks and smoke. Nightstar groaned in pain as she watched X get carried off into the air, using the last of her strength to lift up her gun, she aimed at Terrorsaur's arms and pulled the trigger, only to find it jammed. Feeling so helpless, she let out a roar, calling out Terrorsaur's name with burning fury.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

((OOC: Sorry for taking so long with this post. I had a hard time getting my brain to work as well as among other things.))
"Yes, I'm sure you did."
"Silence, Vok. I have no desire to listen to your insolent babbling of compassion,"
Whitegrazer wondered if his anger was really at her so-called compassion or at the fact that he couldn't control what she possessed. She wasn't stupid, though, nor was she going to let her guard down for one second. She didn't think like a Vok anymore with that arrogance of thinking her power was unknowable. She learned that their power could be comprehended, even if it wasn't actually the same. Giving Megatron too much knowledge could bite her in the butt in the future. Not to mention, Tarantulas knew more about the Vok and their weaknesses, including hers. She played a very dangerous game with two bots who would stop at nothing to complete their goals, and if one day, they truly worked together for some common goal they agreed with, then they were all trouble, including the Vok and herself.

When Megatron told them to halt, she stopped. They must be where Megatron wanted them to be. Just like the others, she could hear the gunfire and cries of the battlefield where X and Starshadow along with their Maximals fought. She looked at Optimus and at the bandage at his side. It was leaked. His injuries might not be as bad as Aurora's, but he was still bleeding and losing energon and mechfluid. If he didn't get help soon, he will be severely weakened and in the same condition as Aurora. Poor Aurora. The little one was hanging by a thread. She was tough, though. Aurora survived an almost fatal shot by Zodiac months ago, and she prayed, with a little help from her link with the little one giving he warm and comfort, Aurora would survived this. She must. Just like Optimus. And all the others. They must survive.
"Is that so?" "What say we put that to a test, shall we? Reach out to him and draw him toward us,"
Whitegrazer remained calm as Megatron lowered Aurora to the ground and chaged his tail weapon at her, making it clea that he still held the little one's life in his hands even if he was holding her like a ragdoll like before. If he kept her there, if what she had in mind worked, they might be able to get Aurora out o here. Also, she wondered about Optimus since he was uncuffed and Megatron didn't know it. She took a deep breath. "I need to focus." She said simply before closing her optics.

X was about ready to eat Inferno when that fiery black bird fired upon him, forcing him to let go of Inferno and pushing him back. He snarled. She ruined his hunger, so he just have to quell the hunger for death and destruction. He just feed his hunger for energon when the dust clears.
they're up to something. We should head elsewhere, leave this place for good.
X didn't want to leave, of course. So many bots for him to kill, so many interesting and intriguing prospects, and he had some unfinished business with Optimus, and that freakish yet beautiful white mare, who he wished to put down, if she didn't give him what he desired. But they could always do it another time. X nodded towards Nightstar when she had got shot by that annoying pterodactyl, looking at his dear Nightstar laying down on the ground next to him. He roared at the sight of his mate being shot and thrown away. When Terrorsaur made a grab for his arms, someone reached, called to him from his spark. "Whitegazer..." She was somewhere around here. He felt her. Also, he felt something else-

Optimus shouted in pain, causing her to lose focus. She turned to see Optimus' right arm seizured by green venom. His weapon laid on the ground. He must had made a grab for it, but if Megatron shot him, the energy would be purple, not green. She was forced to watch as the green venom went through his entire injured body and made him fall upon the ground, revealing that Quickstrike arrived and shot Optimus. If only she paid attention. She wanted to go to his side.
"Looks like he was about ta getta shot off of you, Boss-bot,"
"It would seem he slipped out of his bonds," he observed angrily. "I wonder how that could have happened."
Whitegrazer ignored Megatron. Her attention was on Optimus, looking at him with concern. She wanted to feel his pain, but she couldn't. She couldn't link with him. Not yet. Not after what the Vok did. She didn't trust herself. Optimus has his reasons, but she wondered if he truly knew hers. Oh, Optimus, I wish I could tell you. Maybe some day.

She had hoped she didn't have to rely on X, who has shown no hesitation in firing at anyone.
"So, what do we need these three flea-bags for?"
"All will be revealed in due time,"
She stared at Megatron, "What are you planning?" She knew he wanted X, but the how he was going to get X to cooperate with him still eluded her. Now, that she thought about it, Megatron insisted that Optimus come with them. If Megatron wanted hostages, then all he needed was Aurora and her, after she offered to take Optimus' place. Yet, he was still adamant about having Optimus along. Why? She stared at Optimus then back at Megatron. Then something clicked in her. He needed him, didn't he? For what? Or for who... Wait a minute. What did Megatron she back to her? That she didn't have the information he required? But Optimus did. "You need Optimus."

Optimus groaned behind her. He was becoming conscious once more. "Optimus..." She reached out towards him.

Terrorsaur attempted to lift him by grabbing one of his limbs. X didn't feel Whitegrazer reach out to him anymore. She was there, but then she was gone. Like something or someone interrupted her. It didn't matter. He got everything he needed to know. Despite the shortness of it, he felt something within Whitegrazer that called to him. It was a hollow yet exquisite pain. Also, there was a spark, a flame of some sort within it. Hmmm. A moth to a flame. Interesting. Right now, as one of his hands reached out towards his downed companion, the other limb was being pulled upward by that annoying pterodactyl. He snarled at the Predacon responsible for the pain. He pulled back against the prehistoric, transmetal bird, laughed, and yanked the bird towards him, so his other hand came flying towards the bird like a baseball bat hitting the ball.

X then came towards his companion and picked her up. "Come on, my sweet and dark kitten, we have someplace else we need to be.
I know you now more than ever."

((OOC: I will do a post for Blackarachnia and Tarantulas soon. ))
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rattrap wrote: "I think we got more company!" "Get yer weapons fixed, a.s.a.p., 'Slider! Cheetor, shred dat lousy Predacon!"

Lamdslide gave a nod and swung his shield in the way of the incoming firepower, Cheetor nodded and dodge rolled as Waspinator and Inferno started firing on them. He went into a kneeling position, bringing both his hands together, then started firing on Waspinator in the distance. Stay still you pest! {/color]

Landslide activated his nacelle, rolling backwards under the Axalon. The drones opened the lift and started to float out with spare parts acquired from the hanger, then started to work together as they removed bolts from the broken rail on his horn, then bolted in a new rail and started to replace the broken feed belt for the gun. After replacing those parts, two drones floated over with the replacement gatling gun, sliding it onto the rail, then another drone bolted it into place.

Landslide stood with his shield ready, he didn't like having to stand back from the battle while being repaired, but given the situation he had to deal with it.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

"we don't want your garbage, Nemesis!"
The feline's remark made Nemesis laugh, yet it didn't distract her from the mission. Did the crazed kitty really think that such a feeble attempt at an insult was going to accomplish anything? Oh the foolishness and arrogance.. It was true the feline female had a lot of secrets, Nemesis had heard the stories from other Predacons although she hadn't actually gotten to see the secrets hidden within Starshadow herself just yet. Perhaps soon, there was still time..

"You are that garbage, traitor, as you're about to find out!," she called back just as Terrorsaur revealed himself and thus promptly doubling their firepower. A hint of a grin appeared on Nemesis' face upon seeing the look on their targets' faces as they sprung their little surprise. The cat bot went down easily enough, smoke rising from the wound in her backside. How very.. delightful! There truly was no love lost between the two females after all. The feline was a traitor, someone with goals only to help herself. She clearly had a past with this bulky male, but the avian female didn't care.

Starshadow was nothing more than a traitor, a pest to the Predacons that needed to be eradicated. Nemesis had no more patience for traitors.

Not surprisingly the mutant crab wanted to protect his friend, but not before attacking Terrorsaur. The avian female angled herself sideways as she sped towards the larger male, grabbing for her sword and firing up the flames while the crab was distracted. She then moved in close, bringing the flaming sword close enough to swipe across the back of the male's knee while he was distracted with her companion and his own. Upon doing so, she was then forced to land since she couldn't bring the updraft to climb into the air yet again, her left shoulder and wing slamming into the ground and sending her skidding across the ground. It ached, but her diagnostic systems quickly established that she wasn't actually injured. Rolling over, she quickly pushed herself up to a standing position and whirled around to see if the giant was still standing.

(ooc: Please correct me if X was actually attacking Nemesis instead of Terrorsaur but the way it came across, I think Una referred to Terry..)

"Why not end this nonsense?," she told the bot she only knew as X, "And no more harm will have to come to your beloved." She refrained from including X himself in that comment, since he seemed to have an affinity for all that is painful, broken, or disgusting. Judging by his reaction to being injured earlier, he actually thrived on the pain. Quite unusual and perhaps a bit disturbing. In normal cases she would have just walked away, finding X to be too much trouble, but alas Megatron had found some use for him. What, exactly, she couldn't tell..

Meanwhile Aurora was barely able to stay awake. In fact she kept slipping in and out of unconsciousness, only letting out the tiniest of whimpers as Megatron laid her on the ground. She didn't notice his weapon being aimed at her, having lost too much mech fluid by this point to really be able to focus on anything in particular. At this point, she no longer felt much pain, perhaps her pain receptors had simply gotten overloaded from going this long without repairs. Whatever the cause, she felt sleepy.. So very sleepy..

As she lay there on the ground, barely even moving, it was becoming evident to anyone watching her that she needed medical attention soon.

Some distance away, Zodiac watched the scene unfold through the scope of his sniper rifle. He couldn't hear what they were saying, of course, but seeing Megatron aim his weapon at the dying frail form of the fuzor told him enough to gain some confidence back. The Maximals would obey to Megatron's demands, no doubt, they wouldn't risk the fuzor's life. It wasn't in their nature to do anything so foolish when one of their own was threatened and barely clinging to life. Granted a few of them had surprised him before, especially the white mare/vok. She had even gone so far as to offer him Primal's life one time, whether as a distraction or for some other unknown reason. Despite having had her voice in his head.. and feeling her presence in his spark.. he still did not understand her in the least.

Lowering the sniper rifle, Zodiac drew a silent sigh of relief as he shifted back to Aurora's form. Fortunately the white mare/vok had remained silent, not opening her connection to him since that whole ordeal with the Vok weapon at the alien site. He had briefly wondered why, but chose not to dwell too deeply into it. It was a welcome change, honestly, one he had feared would never happen until that fateful day. Even now he still remembered how loud her voice had gotten that time, and how he could feel his spark chamber getting squeezed by those very same Vok he had attempted to hide from for so long.

But after it was over, her voice had silenced.. And her constant presence faded away. It had allowed him to recuperate in his makeshift lair and even given him the opportunity to develop a new plan. That was another reason he had hesitated to finish the job with the little fuzor.. Not only would it prompt the Maximals to escape and thus ruin his plans, but it would also entice Whitegrazer to resume the link between the two of them. Which would allow her to read at least part of the shapeshifter's thoughts. And that would be most unfortunate indeed.

Deciding he needed to hurry, the pretender made went over to Aurora's wagon again and activated it. He couldn't very well have the fuzor return without her equipment after all. Then he started making his way towards the Axalon, keeping out of sight as much as possible to prevent any foolish Predacon from inadvertently attacking.

The sounds of battle still filled the air not far from the base, alerting him that the Predacons were still after their prey. Not that it mattered much right now other than giving him a welcome distraction to get to the Axalon unnoticed.

He moved quickly, silently, maintaining his flawless disguise as he arrived at the entrance. Keeping up appearances, the pretender looked around while calling out "Hello?" before heading inside.
Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"I need to focus."
"Then focus," the Predacon rogue told her firmly.
"Optimus..."
Groaning as he pushed himself up on the palm of his hands, Optimus glanced upward at Whitegrazer and gave her a dismissive wave that refused her reaching out for him. He had almost sealed Aurora's fate by his own attempt to injure Megatron, and he didn't want Whitegrazer to make the same mistake by delaying what the Predacon leader wanted. "I'm alright," he lied with an exhausted voice but slowly got to his feet and held his hand over his wound on his side. He then glared at Quickstrike for a moment but Primal was more disappointed in himself than for the Fuzor's action. Was obtaining Protoform X really worth all of this trouble? And what could Megatron possibly do with him?

Meanwhile, keeping a close eye on Whitegrazer, Megatron cleared his throat to get her attention back on what was at stake. He still had his weapon trained on the smaller Maximal whose spark was fading.
"What are you planning?"
Megatron smiled for a second before it quickly vanished. "Past experiences have taught me to refrain from gloating and revealing my entire ingenious plan."
"You need Optimus."
"Well, I certainly wasn't stringing him along on our stroll as my personal amusement," he mocked Whitegrazer's slow revelation with a smirk.

"Let them go, Megatron. I will cooperate, just let them go," Primal pleaded. "You're killing her," he added as his optics fell upon Aurora's faint whimpers and limp body.

"I've seen your cooperation thus far, Primal, or lack there of," he sneered. "I think I'll hold on to Whitegrazer a bit longer since she has just willingly offered me a great advantage to manipulate your secret creation. And may I remind you that the contusion on her head happened with Zodiac's hands, not mine."

"I don't care who injured her," which wasn't entirely true, "You're the one prolonging her the medical attention she so desperately needs, thus I'm holding you responsible for her life!" Optimus said angrily as he licked the scar across his lips. Of course, there was still the questiona that bothered both him and Megatron; why had Zodiac been there in the first place, and why did he attack the least threatening Maximal so brutally? Megatron merely suspected it was because of the orb he recovered, but Optimus hadn't the slightest idea.

Megatron scoffed at the accusation. "As her commanding officer, you are responsible for her well being and for her survival." He then chuckled. "I know you better than that, Primal, putting the blame on someone other than yourself. I believe you're simply trying to bide your time, but for what purpose, I can not fathom since it's a hopeless endeavor."

It is never hopeless so long as my or any of my Maximals' sparks continue to pulsate and stand in your way, he thought bitterly toward Megatron's words that were no doubt meant to tear down his confidence and optimism.

Quickstrike, in the mean time, was still holding a grudge against the white horse freak who had sucker-punched him earlier. Nobody dominated him like that in battle! "Lemme just pump her body full of venom, Boss. I'm owed a good dose of paralysis fer what she did ta me." The small Fuzor chomped his cobra head weapon's mouth a few times, anxious to sink its teeth into her armor and inject her.

"Not yet, Quickstrike. She still holds some value to me, yesss." Then the tall Predacon looked at the female and asked, "Well...?" referring to the progress on gaining X's attention and luring him in by using her spark.

Quickstrike hung his head for a moment with disappointment while Optimus glared at him again before staring at Aurora on the ground feeling as though he wasn't doing enough to save her life, and that it was true that he had made many mistakes that day.
Stay still you pest!
Waspinator giggled as he flew around, dodging all of Cheetor's shots, and came back toward him. "Cat-bot is just jealous that he can not fly and shoot at the same time like Waspinator can!" And with that, he fired more of his mini missiles at the Maximal below and kept moving through the air so as not to be a sitting duck or an easy target.

As Landslide retreated for cover under the Maximal base, Rattrap found his own behind a lonesome boulder and kept exchanging firepower with Inferno who was still flying around above him laughing and firing his weapon repeatedly without letting up. "Give it up, rodent! You can't withstand the fury of my flame! You should save us both time and let me burn you into a melted heap of metal!"

"Yeah, right, ant. Why don't you revert to yer beast mode and lemme hold a magnifying glass over ya in de sunshine, and we'll see how tough you really are!" Rattrap returned after ducking and then shooting back.
"we don't want your garbage, Nemesis!"
"You are that garbage, traitor, as you're about to find out!,"
Terrorsaur had laughed at Nemesis' comment as he attacked Starshadow and X with her. He laughed even harder with great satisfaction when his attack blew the treacherous cat right off her feet just as he had hoped, and as he flew by he could hear her roar his name with outrage.

After grabbing a hold of X, Terrorsaur shifted his thrusts into overdrive to compensate for the weight of the king crab compared to his own and his speed. But X was stronger than he had estimated, and he managed to grab him and pull on him. Terrorsaur squawked and instinctively used one of his wing blades to block and slash at X's arm while Nemesis had come in for closer combat and attempted to cut the back of X's knee with her fiery sword. He was actually quite relieved that she hadn't abandoned him, and her action helped to reinforce his trust toward her. Hopefully their attacks were enough to make X release his grip on Terrorsaur and run to his precious Starshadow.