"Bad Spark"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

((Con crud, heh love it! :lol: But nah, just been sick is all OOP, one down side for a conference unfortunately, handful of people is always sick.))

Wintersong couldn’t help overhearing Rhinox’s and Aurora’s own conversation dealing with Cybertron and briefly the Vok. A topic they all seemed to contemplate much about.

She herself was rather mixed on the subject. On one hand, Wintersong had nothing anchoring her to their home, no real friends, no family, no serious commitments of any kind. The boot camp she had been part of no doubt was long since over and she would have been kicked to the curve anyway for her stupid prank all those months ago. The only connections she would have would be the Axalon crew and to lose all that...’Maybe the Vok were right about one thing.’ She thought to herself before another piece of the ship crashing nearby caused the transmetal feline to snap from her thoughts, shaking her head slightly to clear those thoughts. Got to stay focused!

It was only then that Wintersong glanced around at what was happening, spotting the larger fuzor lowering himself with his passengers and the Predacons seeming to be struggling with Rampage once more. “Man, that crab never quits.” She said in amazement, wondering just what kind of experimental technology had been used on Rampage. Perhaps the same as Nemesis and Zodiac? Seemed that way from the way Whitegrazer and Rampage had reacted to one another. Something to contemplate another day, she turned her attention fully to the arriving group, “Looks like you guys have seen better days rodent.” Wintersong remarked as she lingered nearby Aurora.

There was no response from Nemesis, causing Terrorsaur to huff softly in annoyance. Part of him wondered if she had even made it out of the flaming wreckage that would soon befall the once magnificent ship, the flier deciding to give a final look around before he considered returning to the rest of the Predacons only then catching sight of the avian female.

Raising an optic ridge, the transmetal pteradactly began to fly closer before he took note Nemesis seemed lost in thought, following her gaze towards the Viper. Thinking of Zodiac perhaps. They had a long history after all, so perhaps a final bit of reminiscing or mourning for a former comrade. Or she was just enjoying the thought of the renegade at last being a roasted piece of scrap they no longer would have to concern themselves with. Regardless, it confirmed she was indeed functional, what she did from there was not his concern as the mech turned away and descended back to the ground below, hearing Megatron beginning to come back online.

Sure, now he decides to come back online, perfect timing.” He grumbled dryly, less than enthused at the idea of hearing his pompous leader complain about being saved by his least favorite underling. Before long, he made his way to the beach at last, somewhat unceremoniously dropping his leader the last few feet not far off from his comrades.

Sorry to say seat belts do not come standard with fliers.” Tigerhawk chuckled, looking back to be certain Rattrap himself was alright. He seemed terrified as much as he sounded it, no doubt with good reason. The large fuzor has acted with a last minute warning and dove as soon as Optimus had been in his sights, so to say the least he could imagine anyone not use to flying would have been terrified. “But yes I’m fine Rattrap, sore side but I’ve been through worse.” He assured him, glancing down once he saw they were closer to the ground.

Unlike Terrorsaur, Tigerhawk was much more careful and gentle in his descent, gingerly setting Optimus’ unconscious form down before the three femmes. Once certain Optimus was in good hands the fuzor shifted to land a couple feet away to allow his additional passengers to get off his back before transforming to robot mode, turning and stretching his body a little, feeling the slight ache in his wings more so now. “Primus, been a long time since I’ve experienced that much action at one time. No better way to adapt to a new planet and new crew than to be thrown into the chaos.” Tigerhawk commented, wincing somewhat and resting a hand on his wounded side but otherwise was unharmed.

Fortunately for him, he had learned the hard lesson that adapting to such a situation was critical from his Special Operation days, and today it had served him well, that he was thankful for.

The intense heat was enough to make Rampage turn his head away and raise an arm, attempting to shield part of himself against the flames. It was already disorienting to have the four doses of tranquilizer running through his systems, add the flames to the equation and the crab actually started to back off slightly. But his rapid repairing cells were given little time to attempt to focus on the burned areas of his metal frame, Quickstirke’s venom blasts further dividing their attention away from those efforts causing the crab to snarl to himself. His form was weakening, the venom being destroyed at a far slower than normal pace for the immortal crab.

He could feel the throbbing pain beginning to take its toll, between the lance embedded in his chest, the combined attacks of the two smaller Predacons, and then something else struck his armor, causing Rampage to recoil in a fury but far too disoriented to properly react as a final dose of the Maxmals’ tranquilizers began to course through his frame. “You all...will be...the main course...soon enough...” He slurred out but let out a pained noise as he was blasted in the back, finally causing him to collapse to the ground in defeat for the time being, groaning as he fell into a temporary stasis.

It didn’t take long for Spineback to regain herself, casting a glare towards the still functioning king crab who refused to go down quietly. Mild intrigue was turning to growing nuisance rather swiftly, the dino femme getting to her feet, her Plasma Ball Shooter still charged on a low setting which she fired when seeing the crab was about down for the count. The final shot was enough to knock him over face first into the dirt, causing the embedded lance to be pushed out somewhat but remaining steadfast within the crab for the time being. “That should do it, for now.” She told them, brushing the sand off her frame before turning to spot Terrorsaur approaching them, Megatron upon his back but shaking her head at his less than gentle drop of their leader.

How you continue to function amazes me.” She remarked to the flier who merely gave an uncaring shrug as the femme approached Megatron, seeing he would need several repairs and a long few hours in the CR tank. Stepping closer she ran a quick diagnostic scan of the Predacon leader, finding his systems were in the middle of a reboot and he seemed slowly to become responsive, “Lord Megatron? Can you hear me?” Spineback asked, kneeling to one knee beside the damaged mech, shifting to take out a light to run over his flickering optics, her first priority being certain he was functioning, noting the rather noticeable dent on his helm.

It was one thing to be responsive, another to actually be responsive in a way she didn’t have to be concerned in keeping Megatron out of further harms way whether he wanted to or not.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: With permission from Nemesis, I'm going to post. ))
“Sorry to say seat belts do not come standard with fliers.”
"Yeah, I've noticed," Rattrap grumbled to Tigerhawk. "You'd think you would if yer gonna carry passengers. Eh, I think I'll install 'em on you an' Optimus after we get back," he joked.
“But yes I’m fine Rattrap, sore side but I’ve been through worse.”
"Ain't that de truth," he muttered. Not that he really know what the Fuzor was talking about since he didn't know him real well, but he could still relate to the "been through worse" observation. Once they landed, after Tigerhawk gently placed their commanding officer on the ground, Rattrap pulled his legs over the larger bot's back and slid off of him while being careful not put too much weight on Tigerhawk's sore side. He suddenly felt much more at ease with his feet touching the earth again. Sweet, sweet earth.
“Primus, been a long time since I’ve experienced that much action at one time. No better way to adapt to a new planet and new crew than to be thrown into the chaos.”
"Dat ain't exactly reassurin' since we depend on reliable teammates," the rat commented before he went on to add, "Buuut ya did good up there, Tigerhawk. After all, ya saved our skidplates." With that, he stepped over to the unconscious Maximal leader to look him over before someone else came over whom he hadn't peered over to see yet.
“Looks like you guys have seen better days rodent.”
"Look who's talkin'," he said snarkily before he realized who it was that said that to him. "Wintersong?! Where de heck have you been?!" he inquired with surprise. But before he even allowed her to answer, he was immediately drawn to her less than stellar appearance. "You okay? Ya look... uh, like yer in need of a CR. Pronto." The rodent's expression was one of joy before it shifted to concern.
“You all...will be...the main course...soon enough...”

“Man, that crab never quits.”
“That should do it, for now.”
"His spark is allegedly indestructible," Rhinox informed Wintersong. "And he can self-repair his injuries. It takes a lot to slow him down." Once Spineback and the other Predacons subdued Rampage with his assistance, the rhinoceros made his way to the other Maximals who were forming a group around Optimus, and he handed the tranquilizer rifle back to Aurora. He was quite relieved to see all of them in one piece as the Viper continued its final decent with Zodiac still on board as far as anyone knew.

Walking up to their fallen leader, the Chief Medical Officer knelt down and examined him as he laid silent on his back. "What happened up there?" he asked Tigerhawk and Rattrap. Rhinox focused more on the obvious puncture wounds on Primal's abdomen where he had also taken a blast. It wasn't a fatal wound but certainly painful, and he did lose some fluid but not enough to inhibit him. The stabbings suggested a weapon that Zodiac would have used on him since he enjoyed creating spikes and other sharp objects by manipulating his armor.

"All I know is dat I set my explosives in the engine room as instructed by Optimus," he pointed out to everyone by emphasizing the last few words in his statement, "And de she-spider and me got de heck outta dere when he told us to. We left Nemesis behind, so who knows what she did." Other than savin' my skidplate from the cannon-fire, he kept to himself. "Next thing I know, we're on Tigerhawk and Optimus shoved Megatron outta the Viper before he jumped out too. And a big explosion is was knocked 'im out after my charges were ignited not by me," he emphasized again before anyone could blame him.

Rhinox gave a short sigh while he continued studying their leader's injuries. He moved to the possible source of what caused his unconsciousness and carefully lifted his head to look it over and press firmly on his neck in a few spots with his finger tips on both of his hands down to where it connected on his shoulders. Nothing was detached or unsecured, so it was likely that this was some severe whiplash or possibly some internal head trauma. "Optimus?" the engineer tried awakening him with his deep voice first. "Can you hear me?"

Although he seemed dormant on the outside, internally, Primal's systems were functioning and doing everything they could to bring him back on-line as quickly as possible.

"Megatron looked unconscious after he dropped out of the Viper as well," Rhinox commented as he looked up at Rattrap and Tigerhawk from his kneeling position beside Optimus. "I saw Terrorsaur catch him."

"Yeah, which was right before the big boom dat knocked Optimus out. Maybe Zodiac got 'im, and for some unfathomable reason," Rattrap had to use a bigger word than what was normal for his vocabulary in order to make a more dramatic point, "he saved his life even though Megs is always tryin' ta kill him and us." He folded his arms across his chest and shook his head in disapproval and disappointment. "Just sayin'... It was a missed opportunity," he shrugged.

Did the Preds know that? Rhinox glanced over at them as they crowded around Megatron not too far from where the Maximals had gathered. Well, whether they did or not it probably didn't matter. And even if Megatron knew about it, it would hardly make a difference between their ongoing feud with each other. Megatron was too dark and egotistical to consider compassion toward anyone who failed to see things his way. Placing a hand on Primal's shoulder, Rhinox gently rocked it to try and jolt his systems. "Optimus, can you hear me?" he repeated.

An audible grown finally escaped Primal's scarred mouth as he came to and gradually became more aware of his surroundings hearing his Maximals' voices around him while his vision slowly started to sharpen. "Affirmative," he said slowly. "I hear you, Rhinox."

Big Green smiled softly, relieved, and helped Optimus sit up.

Primal looked from the engineer to Tigerhawk before his orange optics settled on his infiltrator. "Premature detonation, Rattrap?" he accused him with a light tone in his voice.

"It wasn't me! Somebody else set 'em off!" he automatically defended himself.

But Optimus's attention had already moved on to someone else who was there as though it didn't matter to him how the demolition charges had been ignited or by whom. They did their job and now the Viper was a crumbling, heaping pile of indistinguishable slag. "Aurora," he said, "I have something of yours." He was happy to see her there. And even though her head was still bandaged by Rhinox's unmatched skills in repairs, she looked to be functioning quite well after her entire ordeal. Of course, there was still the matter of speaking to her about that, but it would have to wait. While he was still gaining his coordination and balance, Primal slowly got up on a knee and pulled out her I.D. chip. He held it in his palm out in front of him for her to take it. "Rhinox can help you install it later," he smiled softly.

And beside her in her beast mode... he couldn't believe his optics. "Wintersong?" He looked at her as if she might have been a figment of his imagination. "I could feel you... earlier." Was it really her? Or was this some kind of Vok-related trick? "Whe... How did you get here? Are you alright?"
“Sure, now he decides to come back online, perfect timing.”
More often than not, I would prefer if Terrorsaur was a mute, thought Megatron bitterly who despised his annoying, audio-cringing, irritating voice, but because he can never resist keeping his big beak shut, he's inept to maintaining any secrets or incompetent scheming to himself, thus always revealing them to me in one way or another. Which was beneficial to Megatron despite having to put up with his screechy squawking and complaining.

The Predacon warlord felt the aviator release him, and thinking he was closer to the ground than he really was, he wasn't expecting to hit it so hard. With his head already throbbing and his back shredded by the cannons, a seizure of pain went up his spine, and he growled loudly in anguish. Why, that good for nothing imbecile! he cursed to himself.
“How you continue to function amazes me.”
He exists only to maintain our numbers against the Maximals, Megatron thought bitterly. But at least Spineback's voice was reassuring to him that he would be in better hands now. Much, much better.
“Lord Megatron? Can you hear me?”
It pleased him greatly to be addressed in that manner. "I have been able to hear everything thus far," he said coldly, hoping to strike fear into Terrorsaur. He blinked at the light that she shined in his optics as his vision was restored. "My head," he grumbled as he reached his hand to it and felt the dent. "Primal..." he growled deeply thinking that it had been him who cowardly hit him from behind. He attempted to get up but was slowed by the pain and damage to his back. Gasping, as a thought just occurred to him, he suddenly asked, "The ship! Was it destroyed? And Zodiac along with it?" He looked up at Nemesis and Spineback.

"Royalty!" Inferno saluted to Megatron from where he was as he and Quickstrike continued guarding Rampage in his very weakened state while Spineback tended to the Queen.

"Ugh..." Megatron's upper lip curled a little in disgust and embarrassment as he went on to ignore the ant and the Fuzor.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: My apologies for lateness.. Got back home from my trip, but jet lag and having gone 24 hours without sleep, not to mention an exhausting trip and all the things I had to do immediately upon returning just got the better of me.. Also Una, if you're reading this, please let us know you're okay.)
“Man, that crab never quits.”
The newly returned feline Maximal pulled Aurora's attention to that of Rampage again, the crab still holding his own against countless attackers. He was seemingly not affected much at all by the several doses of anesthetics he had been hit with. Indeed, the crab was truly frightening. A seemingly unstoppable force of nature.

Aurora could but hope she and the rest of the Maximals were far enough away. Meanwhile it seemed like Spineback, one of the lesser seen Predacons whom the fuzor believed was a medic of sorts, placed a few well aimed shots into the crab's larger frame. And finally the large rogue Predacon seemed to falter.

“You all...will be...the main course...soon enough...”
Well.. The fuzor certainly hoped not! And a moment later the crab went down.
“That should do it, for now.”
Would that be enough though? Aurora wisely kept her distance, not wanting to test the female Predacon's hypothesis.

She didn't have long to ponder this, however, before the larger male fuzor flew down to the ground and gingerly placed the unconscious form of Optimus on the ground. Aurora gasped, her spark feeling like it skipped a pulsation or two, and she immediately gave into her instincts of rushing over to kneel down next to Optimus. In her haste to get to him, she almost missed Rattrap entirely, as the rodent was able to hide quite well on the taller fuzor's backside.

It wasn't until she heard Rattrap's voice as he, too, landed on the ground. He, of course, was rather preoccupied with Wintersong's presence as well as her rather beat up appearance. Aurora had taken notice, of course, but by now they all looked more than a little beat up. She, too, still had bandages on her head from her earlier ordeal and frankly could use some time in the CR chamber also.
"Wintersong?! Where de heck have you been?!"
"Rattrap!!," the fuzor exclaimed from her kneeling position next to Primal, where she immediately had started looking over his injuries and making sure none appeared to be lethal.

Rhinox soon joined her, handing the rifle back to her as he bent down to do his own evaluation of their leader. Aurora only briefly glanced at it before returning her attention to Optimus.
"All I know is dat I set my explosives in the engine room as instructed by Optimus," he pointed out to everyone by emphasizing the last few words in his statement, "And de she-spider and me got de heck outta dere when he told us to. We left Nemesis behind, so who knows what she did." "Next thing I know, we're on Tigerhawk and Optimus shoved Megatron outta the Viper before he jumped out too. And a big explosion is was knocked 'im out after my charges were ignited not by me,"
Aurora smiled ever so briefly at the rodent, oddly finding his defensive attitude quite endearing. It really didn't matter if his explosives had gone off a little prematurely, did it? After all this is what they were hoping to achieve. The Viper had gone down only a short distance away, the smoke clearly visible as it kept rising from the wreckage. The tiny fuzor paid it no heed, her attention focused solely on their wounded leader and Rattrap and the other Maximals.

"Nobody's putting you on trial," she assured the rodent, "The explosives brought down the ship, no matter who did it."

She then started tending to Primal's wounds while Rattrap and Rhinox kept talking about what had happened. Of course she was listening in, but she didn't say much for the duration of their little debate. The rhinoceros, being the brilliant engineer that he was, could hold up a conversation even while doing his own diagnostics and minor repairs on their unconscious leader. Aurora found this fact quite interesting.
"Optimus, can you hear me?"
And then..
"Affirmative," he said slowly. "I hear you, Rhinox."
He was okay!! Aurora smiled, nearly grinned, from ear to ear as their commander finally stirred and yet again proved he was tougher than most. He might have been a bit weak still, as proven when Rhinox helped him to sit up, but he was okay. They were all okay!

Thank.. Primus.

Again Rattrap defended himself when Primal even made a quip about his explosives going off a little prematurely. Aurora couldn't help but maintain the grin, perhaps even snicker a bit at the way the rodent frantically tried to explain himself, but her green optics then settled on Optimus as the commander addressed her specifically.
"Aurora," he said, "I have something of yours."
Oh?

Her grin had faded, only to be replaced by a more quizzical look. What was he..?

She watched as Primal got on one knee and seemed to pull something out, holding the tiny item securely in his hand. Her optics widened a bit as she took note of it, realizing what it was.

Her identification chip!

The fuzor dared to smile again, this time looking more humbled. Truthfully she had almost forgotten about Primal tasking himself with retrieving the chip for her, as everything else had just been so much more important.

"Thank you..," she managed to utter, taking the chip from his hand and feeling the edges of the chip with her own fingers. It felt a bit odd being able to touch something that normally would be situated within her own scalp, but then again it wasn't that uncommon to be faced with strange circumstances in this ongoing war.
"Rhinox can help you install it later,"
She glanced back at the rhinoceros, the smile decorating her face still.

"Yeah. I might just leave that part in his expert hands."

After the miracle he had performed on her earlier, this seemed like an almost small task by comparison. The chip seemed intact, likely sturdier than she had given it credit for. Soon she'd be complete again. She put the chip away to make sure it wouldn't get lost, or damaged, and then nodded a bit at her leader. "We really should get you back to base for some repairs. In fact a few of us could use some rest in the CR chambers, I think.."

It was a nice thought, for sure, albeit part of her already knew what the answer would be. After all, they weren't quite done here yet. As much as she would have liked to be finished, there were still some things that needed to be addressed. And with a sigh, her gaze drifted over to the smoking rubble only a short distance from them.
“Where are you avian? Do you still even function?”
Nemesis didn't have a chance to respond before several more pieces of flaming debris from the crashing Viper interrupted her, nearly hitting her in their haste to return to the planet's surface. She managed to avoid them, barely, by performing some rather impressive aerial acrobatics that nobody had the chance to witness. By the time she had recovered, Terrorsaur was already gone. Presumably with Megatron still in his clutches.

The avian female growled and started making her own descent as well, following the out of control Viper down.

(ooc: Sorry, WS, I forgot to add this to my previous post.)

Terrorsaur had already deposited Megatron rather unceremoniously on the ground by the time Nemesis caught up with them. Fortunately it would appear their leader was already awake and doing well enough, all things considering. Nemesis landed only a few paces away.
"The ship! Was it destroyed? And Zodiac along with it?"
"The Viper crashed just over the hill from here," Nemesis informed him, nodding to the rising smoke from the crash site. "As for the traitor.. We're not positive of his demise yet. There's no signs of life from the vessel, but it would likely be best if we send a search party to make sure."
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Just the seatbelts? Figured you would add a comfy chair too if you could..” Tigerhawk jokes towards Rattrap, finding such an image quite amusing. “But to be fair, flying doesn’t exactly come second nature to me either, I usually have myself to the ground where I know where my feet will go next.” He admitted.

But Rattrap’s next remark did remind Tigerhawk how different things really worked here. Chaotic situations were not uncommon but hardly seemed the ideal way of making an impression, something he actually didn’t mind. And a reminder of how cautious Rattrap has been when they first met, “I think we can all be reliable in a pinch Rattrap, and you took your chances with me today. Maybe I will win you over yet.” The large fuzor traded lightly with a small grin before turning his attention to the others as Rhinox inquired to what had happened above earlier. “Think Rattrap about covered the whole thing. The avian Pred came out shortly after the ship started detonating and while we were waiting on Optimus. Saw it with my own two optics, Rattrap was waiting on Primal’s signal.

Luckily, it didn’t seem anyone was outright accusing Rattrap nor angered. The task had been complete and they were all here, in one piece, damaged but still there. But when the talk turned to other matters, including Optimus awakening at last the fuzor was quiet, merely smiling at the fact Optimus was awakening thanks to Rattrap’s good eyes and his quick reaction. Seeing everyone there and accounted for counted as a victory in Tigerhawk's mind despite the trouble they had all gone through so far.

Still, that left another matter to be concerned with, Tigerhawk turning his gaze towards the crash site nearby. “Optimus, I do not mean to press you on the matter, but what of this renegade, Zodiac? Should we make sure he’s really down for the count?” Tigerhawk inquired.

Optimus certainly looked worse for wear. Wintersong stepped closer only enough to see what shape Optimus was in, having not seen him in such bad shape in a long while, wondering if it was all Zodiac’s doing. For one bot, he had caused more trouble than Megatron and the Predacons combined at this point, making her hope he had gone down with that ship at last. Not that she had much time to entirely keep her attention on Optimus, giving a playful glare at Rattrap’s snark. Hearing it after who knows how long was welcoming, but she would never say that out loud, he would never let anyone live it down if they said such a thing.

Oh you know, just galavanting around a Vok underground maze, no where special.” Wintersong tried to joke, though she mostly just wanted to put that situation behind her right now. And at that moment she couldn’t have been more thankful for Optimus waking up at that moment, relieved to not immediately answer the rodent as she had with the others. It was good to see Optimus was, for the most part, okay though and the others there. Of them all, Optimus seemed to be in the worst shape from the ship but among the group him and Aurora looked like they could use a CR chamber.

Though the transmetal tigress curiously watched as Optimus handed the smallest fuzor her ID chip, the feline’s ears perking forward. Why in the world did Optimus have Aurora’s ID chip? Did it have something to do with why she was all bandaged up? Certainly seemed the others had had quite the experiences lately, something Wintersong noted she would have to ask about what all had gone one since she was captured. Though it was as she opened her mouth to make remark on it, Optimus addressed her next, causing her to pause and then close her mouth then.

He felt her earlier? How was that possible? For a moment, Wintersong seemed lost for words, having expected only Whitegrazer to be capable of such a thing, but now the Maximal leader? ‘Guess me and Whitegrazer weren’t the only ones affected by what happened in that valley.’ She thought to herself before shaking her head, “I’ll be fine, physically I’m unharmed Optimus, nothing a little wash up and sleep won’t fix.” Even then Wintersong wasn’t a hundred percent certain if physically she was unscathed but, that was the last thing they needed to worry about. “You and Aurora need the CR chamber more than me right now, looks like you’ve more than had your fair share of misadventures yourselves." Wintersong pointed out.

Spineback couldn't help the relieved smile that came to her face, stowing away the light when seeing Megatron was functional and responsive. More than enough to make Terrosaur gulp and look rather pale in realizing the tyrant had heard every word. But he was also fortunate at the present the transmetal t-rex was in no shape to be giving him a proper punishment over his words. "Fortunate enough Terrorsaur decided to have a shining moment of brilliance to catch you." 'Or hiding another underlying motive. Spineback spoke, carefully examining the Predacon leader's injuries, finding these just weren't the work of Zodiac, that much she was certain. A few rounds with those auto-guns perhaps judging from the damage and quite frankly, Spineback was amazed Megatron was even moving.

"Whoa! Easy my liege, you're in no shape to be moving so suddenly, or at all really." Spineback said firmly, gently resting a hand on his chest to stop him from moving anymore, catching the visible pain the movement had caused and guiding him to lay back on the sands once more. Returning to examining his wounds, Spineback paid more attention to his head wound, letting Nemesis explain what had occurred with the ship while the Spinosaurus femme went to work on doing some minor repairs to ensure Megatrond didn't risk losing more fluids and further agitating the wounds he presently had. "As for out here, we managed to get Rampage subdued, temporarily at least. The Maximal tranquilizers and that damage he took won't last forever." Spineback finally added, pausing in her work to glance at the wreckage. "If Rampage's spark is as indestructible enough to be sliced into pieces, we may have to take the risk to reclaim his spark in the process, otherwise restraining him is going to be a challenge all its own."

Meanwhile, Terrorsaur was now wisely keeping his beak shut, more than scared out of his wits to what Megatron could possibly do to him once recovered. Such a thought made him shudder in fear, hovering closer to Quickstrike and Inferno for the time being. The flier wanted to keep a safe distance from the damaged tyrant, especially since Megatron had more often than not proven to be quite resilient in the past even when extensively damaged.

((No worries Phoenix! Gave me a reason to have Terrorsaur complain and grumble, so it worked out still regardless. :lol: Hope your trip was good!))
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC: Phoenix and I worked on a joint post a little while ago, so my post here is going to lead into it, and it might be a bit lengthy. In fact, it's so long that I have to split it into two posts because of a 60,000 character limit. :lol: Enjoy reading! ))
"Rattrap!!,"
"Hey, kid!" Rattrap happily greeted Aurora. He would have hugged her but she still looked fragile from her injuries and he didn't want to interrupt her examination of Optimus.

As gentle as Rhinox was for such a large individual with big hands, there was something different with Aurora's own touch to her medical skills. Her hands much more petite, but she had that feminine warmth and attention to detail. Not that the way she examined him was better or worse than Rhinox's, it was simply different. But females typically had that softer touch, didn't they? They were nurturers and care-givers. Like Whitegrazer. And Optimus always felt like her protector and warrior. In any case, he was very appreciative of Aurora's and Rhinox's care. Just his Maximals surrounding him was enough to boost his energy and ignore his wounds.

"Yer cuffs worked like a charm," he told her. "We woulda never gotten dis far without 'em. Hopefully you can make more though since, uh, dey're broken now," he admitted, though not by him. Some how Zodiac had slipped out of one and then the other. Nevertheless, they were quite durable against the shape shifter.
"Nobody's putting you on trial," "The explosives brought down the ship, no matter who did it."
"Yeah... Yer right," he agreed with her. Still, the unscheduled detonation had put their leader's life in danger, and he just wanted everyone to know that it wasn't his fault even though all of them knew by now how reliable and trustworthy the rodent was despite being a rat.

Rhinox had glanced at Aurora with a light smile since he couldn't have said it better himself. What was important here was that no one was going to leave the planet with that ship even if that included the Maximals. And everyone had survived this ordeal. Well, they couldn't say for sure yet about Zodiac, but he seemed just as invincible as Rampage.
"Thank you..,"
"You're welcome," Optimus said softly to his younger medic-in-training as he watched her smaller hand take the chip from his palm, tracing the edges of it thoughtfully with her finger tips before storing it away safely.
"Yeah. I might just leave that part in his expert hands."
The engineer looked between both of them and nodded. "It would be my pleasure." Compared to the surgery he had already done on Aurora with Whitegrazer's help, installing her I.D. chip would be a cinch.
“Just the seatbelts? Figured you would add a comfy chair too if you could..”
"Nah. A chair's too bulky. Maybe a saddle with some cup holders," Rattrap teased Tigerhawk.
“But to be fair, flying doesn’t exactly come second nature to me either, I usually have myself to the ground where I know where my feet will go next.”
"Coulda fooled me. That was some fine flyin' up there all things considered," the Spy complimented his teammate before he noticed the others looking at him and suddenly felt awkward. So, he quickly added, "'Course, you could probably use a few lessons from Optimus," and cleared his throat.
“I think we can all be reliable in a pinch Rattrap, and you took your chances with me today. Maybe I will win you over yet.”
"Eh, maybe. You are a cat, after all," he smirked.
“Think Rattrap about covered the whole thing. The avian Pred came out shortly after the ship started detonating and while we were waiting on Optimus. Saw it with my own two optics, Rattrap was waiting on Primal’s signal.”
"And den Tigerhawk flew like a bat outta the Pit ta catch ya, Boss Monkey," the rodent added.

Primal finally got to his feet, a little shaky at first, and Rhinox was ready to catch him, but he managed on his own and maintained his balance and coordination. His abdomen was still in a lot of pain, but otherwise he was alright. He had to be because this wasn't over yet. He reached his right hand out to the larger Fuzor's to shake it with a firm grip as he said, "Thank you, Tigerhawk. It's good to have you back."
"We really should get you back to base for some repairs. In fact a few of us could use some rest in the CR chambers, I think.."
While he agreed with Aurora's assessment for repairs, he disagreed on retreating. Not just yet. They had to make sure of Zodiac's condition first.

Rattrap would have been happy to go back to the base at that point, but he knew better. It was never that easy.
“Optimus, I do not mean to press you on the matter, but what of this renegade, Zodiac? Should we make sure he’s really down for the count?”
"Yes," Optimus answered as his optics seemed to glaze over with anger and frustration and stare through Tigerhawk for a moment. Zodiac. He still had Nexus's journal and Rampage's spark. And now the ship was lost to them. He shook off his rage toward the renegade when Wintersong got a hold of his attention with her voice.
“Oh you know, just galavanting around a Vok underground maze, no where special.”
Primal knew she was just hiding behind her sense of humor, so he looked at her quietly with concern instead of a smile or a chuckle. He thought he had lost her to the Vok, so it was a big deal to him to see her there now. And he knew she meant well with her lighthearted comment to help ease the situation, but he took everything that involved the alien species quite seriously and simply couldn't muster a laugh.
“I’ll be fine, physically I’m unharmed Optimus, nothing a little wash up and sleep won’t fix.”
"Physically," he repeated her interesting choice of word with skepticism as he raised a brow at the tigress as though he knew there was something else going on. It wasn't through Whitegrazer, however. Not exactly. It was like a separate plane from her with the Vok; something Optimus and Wintersong shared now. They were an invasion in their minds. Wintersong's body language and the tone in her voice suggested that she wanted to avoid the topic. Perhaps Whitegrazer had already drilled her about it. Well, Optimus would respect her silence. For now. But he knew well enough with the affects he suffered from the Vok and she was likely dealing with them as well because of whatever trauma they had subjected her to. Hopefully she would be willing to discuss more on the matter later with him.
“You and Aurora need the CR chamber more than me right now, looks like you’ve more than had your fair share of misadventures yourselves."
"We're not finished here yet," he remarked in a firmer voice as he turned his gaze toward the wreckage on the horizon not too far from them and the Predacons. "We need to investigate the wreckage and search for Zodiac. Wintersong, you and Aurora can hang back from a safe distance. The rest of us will converge on what's left of the Viper and salvage anything we can use." Primal began walking with his faint, permanent limp, leading his Maximals toward the dying fire in the distance as they fell in line with him.
"Fortunate enough Terrorsaur decided to have a shining moment of brilliance to catch you."
"I might as well have plummeted the entire decent the way Terrorsaur so gracefully dropped me," Megatron grumbled angrily, refusing to give the TransMetal flier any credit for saving his hide.
"Whoa! Easy my liege, you're in no shape to be moving so suddenly, or at all really."
"The Viper crashed just over the hill from here,"
Megatron, gently forced to lay back down with Spineback's guidance pressing on his chest, merely tried swatting her hand away from him irritably. As much as he wanted to get to the Viper's wreckage before the Maximals did, it would have been a wiser decision to allow his medic to do her job so he could function much better in case there were going to be more confrontations at the site. So, he laid there without causing anymore trouble for Spineback.
"As for the traitor.. We're not positive of his demise yet. There's no signs of life from the vessel, but it would likely be best if we send a search party to make sure."
"Indeed," he agreed with Nemesis while peering up at her from the ground. How humiliating. By the Pit, his head throbbed! "We will maintain the cease-fire with the Maximals for now," Megatron reminded his troops.
"As for out here, we managed to get Rampage subdued, temporarily at least. The Maximal tranquilizers and that damage he took won't last forever." "If Rampage's spark is as indestructible enough to be sliced into pieces, we may have to take the risk to reclaim his spark in the process, otherwise restraining him is going to be a challenge all its own."
"It will fall back into my hands," Megatron assured Spineback and the rest of his Predacons with great confidence. "His abilities are too valuable and beneficial to allow him to slip away."

While Spineback continued assessing the Predacon warlord, he could feel some of his pain subsiding and several of his wounds were repaired thanks to her skills and experience. Aside from Blackarachnia and Starshadow, why was it that the females under his dictatorship were more reliable and loyal than the majority of the males, except for Inferno of course? "Your workmanship is satisfactory, Spineback," her commanding officer determined as he gave her a dismissive wave to end her diligence and allow him to get up. He wasn't 100%, but it was good enough. After all, he didn't necessarily plan on performing a full frontal assault on the Maximals or Zodiac, if he was still alive. That's what he had henchman for, so he could stand on the sidelines and let them do all the work for him. Besides, he could hear the Maximals making their departure. It was time for the Predacons to follow them.

"Inferno, remain here with Rampage and keep him subdued until I reacquire his spark. The rest of us will venture to the crash site." He could trust the ant to follow his orders unequivocally and never lose his focus.

"As you command, Royalty!" Inferno saluted him and kept his large weapon targeted at Rampage's neck.

Quickstrike was glad to get away from that maniac crab. Maybe now he could finally kick some skidplate! So he hurried on over to the rest of the Predacons and started following them.

((Joint post))

The sound as the Viper impacted hard with the ground was deafening, and the impact itself sent large quantities of dust, soil, pieces of plants, and debris from the once sturdy ship flying in all directions. As strong as the hull of the ship had been, it couldn't survive the forces at work as it plowed itself into the ground. The ship broke into several pieces, and the flames that had been raging within after the explosion now had free reign of the outer hull as well.

A strange creaking sound could be heard as the remaining fuselage strained from the extreme heat and forces exerted upon it, threatening to collapse the remainder of the ship as well. But aside from this noise, the raging fire, and the sound of the debris settling as it fell back to the ground, the Viper itself seemed awfully quiet. The alarms that had been raging before the ship crashed were now silenced, the blinking lights that had illuminated the hallways had darkened as well, and the female voice of the computer was once again no more. In fact the Viper looked like an inferno to anyone watching it in what presumably would be its final resting place, and it certainly didn't look like anyone could emerge from such a scene alive.

A few minutes passed by without anything more happening. It wasn't before some burning debris from the hull started raining down around him that the quiet figure within finally stirred. His body ached, his armor was scorched and covered in soot, and several wounds in his armor were still getting repairs. The blue glow wasn't quite as bright as normal, likely due to the excessive repairs he'd have to have done to merely keep him alive. By now he was mostly numb to the pain.. But there was something else as well. An instinct needed for survival.

Hunger..

-----

Optimus and Megatron led their troops across the terrain to the wreckage where the plume of smoke marked the Viper’s final resting place.

Although he walked with strength and confidence despite his limp and injuries, Optimus was almost hesitant to examine the catastrophe. Not only had it been their last hope to go home to Cybertron, but it had been the last project that was tied to Nexus Prime’s legacy. Now, it was time to find Zodiac, dead or alive. Primal preferred if he was alive if only to gain that journal.

Megatron, of course, preferred that he expired so he could just pillage what was left of his carcass and the items in his subspace that rightfully belonged to him.

“Create a perimeter around the wreckage,” Optimus told everyone, Maximal and Predacon alike. “And be careful. Zodiac may still be functional.” Wherever he was. He had a hunch that he was buried under some of the larger debris, and that was where Optimus headed.

Those Preds who looked to Megatron for confirmation of the Maximal leader’s order were told with a gesture of his hand to oblige and fan out while he remained a couple steps behind Primal. Both started to climb over the large pieces, kicking and pushing obstacles aside.

Optimus wielded his gun from his hip just in case there was an ambush. So far though it was quiet other than the cracking of small fires, and the sound of steel shifting with wires snapping and sparking.

-----

Some of the burning wreckage shifted and finally moved as the shapeshifter started forcing his way up. He drew a deep sigh as he straightened out, or at least attempted to until a stake that had partially impaled him prevented him from moving any further. Grimacing a bit, he grabbed for the offending object and wrapped his fingers around it before letting his nanomachines consume it to use as fuel for his repairs. Unfortunate he'd need more food for this hunger that was raging within him, blocking his senses with its intensity. His nanomachines were demanding more, so now that he was free to move around he turned to look around for something.. anything.. that wasn't completely mangled or scorched.

The Viper was barely even recognizable as a ship anymore, the fire having burned so intensely that much of the metal had warped or simply crumbled. Zodiac's optics narrowed as he eyed the destruction of not only his ship, but also any means he had to get back to Cybertron and to complete his plans there.

How had it come to this?

The hunger was making it difficult to concentrate on anything other than what he could do to satisfy the will of his nanomachines, ever striving to complete his repairs. He started wading through the wreckage, making his way towards the large opening left behind where the once magnificent ship had ripped in half. His senses were at an all high, his survival instincts having kicked in. And that's when he heard voices coming from outside.

Suddenly it all came back to him. Every painful detail from the moment he had noticed the rodent flee from the engine room. Those were his explosives Nemesis had set off. Rattrap was the one ultimately responsible!

He peered through the gaping hole in the wreckage, rage now burning within him with almost the intensity of the hunger he was feeling. He could see the Maximals and Predacons coming, but irrational as his mind was at this moment he only focused on a single entity.. The rat who had caused him his victory.

And there he was, approaching the ship with the others. Zodiac glared in his direction for a moment before he started his transformation process.

From the outside, the Viper seemed abandoned and devoid of life. Smoke still rising from the wreckage, and a big chunk of the ship was still on fire, giving it a rather grim appearance. It was from this seemingly lifeless wreck that the dragon emerged, still covered in soot and partially glowing blue where his repairs were still ongoing, and if anything the creature looked like something out of nightmares right now as he suddenly jumped down and proceeded to run with long and fast steps in Rattrap's direction. His tail swinging menacingly behind him, talons leaving marks on the ground as he picked up speed.

-----

Optimus and Megatron avoided the heat from the larger fire as they made their way around it and toward the center of the ravaged vessel. Quite possibly the most technologically advanced ship in Cybertron’s fleet completely destroyed now. No communication, no transwarp cell, nothing to salvage but scrap metal. It was a pretty depressing reality. On the other hand, they had stopped Zodiac from escaping and interrupting the signing of the treaty on Cybertron by who knew what means he was planning. Likely more murder and mayhem.

Rattrap gripped his gun as well as he surveyed the damage and ventured out around the perimeter of the shallow crater that had been created by the impact of the doomed vessel that the shape shifter had tried stealing. His index finger gently tapped the trigger of his gun as he looked about and kicked away some smaller debris. “Nothin’ but scrap now,” he sighed. “So much fer a ride home.”

Some noise caught his attention not too far from where the ship had broken in half, and he soon spotted the form of the dreaded pretender in his normal appearance. Well, “normal” even with the blue glowing that was still healing his wounds, and the tarnished and burnt armor. Immediately, he raised his weapon and fired repeatedly at Zodiac. He could detect the rage in his optics, and the hunger in his body language that he craved to quench by likely taking his life. And this made Rattrap panic. Still, his aim was on target, but he knew full well that he couldn’t stop him on his own. “Optimus!” he called fearfully for his commanding officer.

Hearing Rattrap’s plea suddenly grabbed Primal’s attention as he peered in his Spy’s voice’s direction. “Rattrap!” Could it have been Zodiac? Or did he stumble upon something else? Either way, he hurried across the wreckage toward his location.

Megatron hesitated to follow Primal while he dug around some debris, but he stopped rummaging and eventually gave into his curiosity. If it was Zodiac, and he was about to kill the annoying vermin, then he wouldn’t mind observing the carnage.

-----

Even Rattrap's expert marksmanship wasn't enough to slow the enraged shapeshifter down. He'd already been in so much pain from getting burns alive and then the impact with the ground, the shots that hit him and pierced through his wings and strafed his chest were but mere nuisances now. The dragon growled as he suddenly made a leap through the air, his wings too shredded still to be able to fly just yet, but his legs still held enough strength to be able to jump far enough to close the distance between him and his prey.

"You just don't know when to stop, rodent..," the dragon hissed, using one of his clawed and large feet to wrap his talons around the pitiful rodent in order to slam him to the ground.

Upon feeling the squirming creature within his grasp, Zodiac immediately closed his taloned grip and pressed the leg down as to trap the rat between the hard ground and himself. He then leaned down, his dragon's head mere inches away from Rattrap's face, eyeing him hungrily for a moment.

"And now you will pay for your treachery with your pathetic life."

It was less of a threat than a promise. After all, this creature had been responsible for destroying the shapeshifter's plans. Yes, he'd been under orders to do so, no doubt, but Zodiac only had one thing on his mind right now. Revenge.

He applied more pressure to his leg, eager to see the rat squirm and whimper before he finished him off by biting his head off.. Or perhaps he'd simply kill him more slowly by crushing him.. Or even burning him? Yess.. Burning him alive seemed fitting of the crime. After all, Zodiac still had that flamethrower he had stolen integrated into his systems. He hadn't gotten to use it while fighting Megatron and Optimus, not wanting to risk burning the Viper.

How ironic..

On the inside, following the renegade's whim, the nanomachines proceeded to reassemble the flamethrower at the point where the dragon's mouth met his throat so that he'd be able to breathe fire, much like the form he had selected for himself. A hint of flames were visible between his sharp teeth, his dragon face looking if at all possible even more menacing than before.

-----

Gasping as his shots seemed worthless, Rattrap suddenly found himself on his back after a thud to the ground with the dragon’s foot on his chest, pinning him to the ground. “Look who’s talkin’!” spat back at Zodiac first remark. His hand frantically searched for his gun that had been knocked out of his grasp. He blindly felt around the ground but his finger tips were just out of reach it.

The small Maximal’s eyes gazed back into Zodiac’s, a stark contrast between their emotions inside of them. He wrapped his hands around the shape shifter’s clawed foot and desperately tried to force it off of him. Treachery? “What treachery? You did dis to yerself!” he bluntly pointed out to him. With his mouth so close to his face, Rattrap could see the fire rising in the back of his throat. Since when did he have THIS ability?! He wiggled his body that was trapped under his foot, but made little to no progress regaining his freedom. Is this how it was going to end? Was Rattrap finally going to die in this war? He had no options left. Where was-

Seemingly out of nowhere from Rattrap’s perspective on the dirt, Optimus flew in and flanked Zodiac from his right side, with the intention of wrapping his arms around the dragon’s neck and using his weight and momentum to pull him off of Rattrap as he dived over his Maximal in the maneuver. If they tumbled to the ground, he quickly tried putting him in a headlock.

-----

The pure rage in the dragon's optics only intensified as the rodent spoke up, arguing with him, and then proceeded to attempt to reach for his weapon. Zodiac merely huffed at his statement before lifting Rattrap up off the ground only to slam him back down, harder this time, as if trying to break him before scorching him alive.

"As far as last words go, yours are as pitiful as your very existence," the dragon growled, opening his mouth wider as the flames within grew. He then gave the struggling vermin a wicked grin.

"Consider yourself fortunate.. At least I plan to kill you before I devour you.. Hopefully the flames will sear the taste of garbage away.."

His claws seemed to grow as he spoke, scraping at Rattrap's armor, denting it in places, as if to hold him still as he prepared the main course. Again he opened his mouth, this time fully intent to finish the little beast once and for all.

Something.. or someone.. suddenly grabbed a hold of the dragon, yanking him backwards in a fierce move. Zodiac gasped for air as his neck got squeezed, and in desperation he flung himself backwards as to knock his attacker off. Both bots then went crashing onto the ground, the attacker still holding a tight grip around the dragon's neck.

Lacking the maneuverability needed to free himself in this form, Zodiac quickly converted back to his regular robot form. As soon as he was able to, he jammed his elbow hard into the mech who was holding him, then again.. Hoping he could break free and put some distance between his attacker and himself.

Slamming the back of his head against the other mech on the ground, Zodiac was finally able to gain enough freedom to twist around and look at his attacker. And his optics flashed in anger upon seeing who it was that dared try to stop him.

Optimus!

"What does it take for you to die??," the dragon demanded, taking a step backwards as he did.

-----

Rattrap was probably going to have nightmares about this moment for a long time. The wind was almost knocked out of him when Zodiac hoisted him up only to angrily slam his back against the hard ground again. And his words were quite hurtful to the rodent. How did Optimus, Megatron and Nemesis put up with this guy as often as they encountered him? They must be fed up with him by now! “You ain’t eatin’ nothin’, ya adolescent freak!” Besides Rattrap was pretty sure that nothing could get rid of his garbage-flavored seasoning. He could feel his claws digging deeper into his chest at that point, almost puncturing through his armor. It was painful. All he could do was hope for a miracle. And it was answered when his fearless leader intervened.

Optimus growled in their struggle, desperately trying to hold on to Zodiac’s neck as he flailed and jabbed him twice with his elbow. It hurt, especially when one jab hit his abdomen which was still full of holes from the spikes that had appeared on Zodiac’s knee earlier, but he refused to let go.

Then the renegade’s head slammed into Primal’s. Nearly knocking him unconscious, he had no choice but to loosen his grip and release his arms around his opponent’s neck. Dizzy, he took a moment to allow his systems to quickly recalibrate before he stood up and faced Zodiac.

“Does it matter?” he asked him rhetorically. “Because we Optimuses always come back.” One corner of his scarred mouth lifted in a small side-smile to taunt the pretender and keep his focus on him. “It’s over, Zodiac,” he announced coldly as the smile vanished.

Rattrap was quick to get to his feet, grab his gun and put some space between him and them.

Zodiac. So, he had survived the crash after all. And yet, he wasn't the least bit surprised. Megatron remained on the sideline quiet as he observed, although he desperately wanted to rip that renegade's head off. So close to losing that wretched rodent... A pity. Now, as for Zodiac. This should prove to be an interesting dual, he thought. Sure, he wanted to slowly squeeze the death out of Zodiac by strangulation or tearing his spark out, but maybe Zodiac could get rid of Primal, and then Megatron, and Nemesis, could get rid of Zodiac. Then no one would stand in Megatron’s way!

-----

"Always come back.. like an insecticon," the renegade replied with a taunt. Of course that's as far as the similarities between Optimus and the once dreaded insecticons went. "But you are wrong. This is not over. Not by a long shot," the renegade continued, trying to make his words sound intimidating. Of course it would have helped if he wasn't still damaged, his nanomachines stretched to the limit of their capabilities.

He still ached. Fortunately it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it could have been and had been. And he was still hungry, the rod he had already consumed not providing much in the way of energy. And frankly if it wasn't for the fact his fight or flight response was working overtime right now, he'd probably feel tired on top of it all. Neither of these sensations were good to keep his focus where it needed to be.

After attempting to summon the rest of his weapons to no avail, Zodiac came to the startling realization that most of his weapon systems were offline right now. Even the flamethrower was producing less than satisfactory results and didn't seem capable of doing much damage. He was simply not strong enough to do much about it right now.

'Warning; power levels at 60%' his internal monitor system warned him. Great.. He didn't have very long before the rest of his systems started shutting down.

He took another step backwards, wanting to put a bit more space between the two of them. And through the corner of his optic he became aware of Megatron's presence as well, the tyrant watching the two of them struggle with keen interest. There was no sign of Nemesis as of yet, but surely she wasn't far away either. Just great.. Not only would he have to find a way to deal with Primal.. without most of his weapons and abilities that were not nearly up to par.. but those Predacons were watching like the hungry buzzards they were. Just waiting for him to slip up and show some vulnerability..

Turning his attention back to Primal, Zodiac pondered his options. He might just have to give them an incentive to end this. In his favor.

-----

Optimus narrowed his orange optics at Zodiac’s stubbornness. He visually examined his injuries which looked pretty extensive even with his nanobots frantically scrambling to repair them. As Zodiac continued to move backward one step at a time, Optimus stepped toward him to maintain that close proximity that the renegade obviously didn’t want, and to deliberately intimidate him.

“No, I’m not,” he corrected him firmly. “You’re exhausted, weakened by your injuries and surrounded. You have no ship, no disguise to fool us with, no reinforcements. It’s over!” he suddenly hollered angrily at the shape shifter.

Rattrap, rubbing his chest a little bit with his free hand as if to caress the pain out of the dents on his armor, remained in his position with his other hand targeting Zodiac with his gun.

-----

Zodiac's optics narrowed ever so slightly as well as Primal merely followed suit as he attempted to backtrack to gain some distance between them. Although his repairs were still ongoing, it was slower than normal since many of his nanomachines had gotten knocked out from the intense heat and were undergoing a complete system reboot. When they came back online he should be okay.. whenever that would be.. But in the meanwhile he needed to stall for a little bit of time.

At the very least he was now repaired enough that he had mostly regained his clarity of mind, although some of that lingering hunger still remained. Surely it would have been far worse if so many of the tiny nanobots within him weren't currently offline, so while the rest of them were still screaming for energy he could at least focus on his own thoughts.

He still took a few more steps backwards, however, only stopping when his audioreceptors noticed the sound of a weapon being loaded and no doubt aimed at him. Sighing, the renegade stopped his movements and raised his arms up just enough to show he wasn't currently armed or anywhere near his weapons. He then tilted his head a tad before addressing Primal again.

"All right, I see your point," he started, inwardly telling his remaining nanomachines to hurry up with the repairs. That, of course, didn't happen as their abilities were already stretched to the limit of what they could do without some serious supply of food being provided to them.

"In light of the situation, I'm prepared to make you an offer.."

He paused to glance over at where Megatron was standing, wanting him to be aware of the contents of this offer as well.

"In exchange for my freedom, I will return the items I stole," he then told them while trying to appear stronger than he honestly felt. In all truthfulness, he felt pretty awful still. And it wasn't just the pain and the lack of energy anymore, but more so the nagging realization that Primal was right in his assumptions. He really didn't have many options left.

After making a gesture signaling them not to shoot as he pulled the items out, he proceeded to remove the items from his storage. One by one. The first stolen item he pulled out was the golden disk, which he held in his hands for a moment to glance at it before dropping it on the ground a short distance from his feet. He then glanced at the two leaders again before pulling the next item, Rampage's spark, out as well. This item he held in his hand a little longer, watching the vibrant pulsations of the immortal spark, before taking another step back and then letting the spark drop to the ground a few paces away from the disk. He deliberately spaced them out so that if the leaders went to pick them up, they wouldn't be able to grab both items at once. That way he'd have a little more time to get away while they were busy.

And finally, after stepping backwards yet again, he pulled out the all too familiar journal that ironically had been responsible for most of his plans for coming here. As much as he hated Nexus Prime for what he was and had done to him, he also found the old man intriguing and compelling in a way. Of all the items, the journal was easily the one that he'd have the hardest time letting go of. So as the seconds dragged on, he found himself still holding onto it while keeping Primal in view.

When he pulled out the journal before, the mere sight of Nexus Prime had been enough to stop Primal in his tracks. Perhaps that would be the case yet again?

Unlike the other items that the pretender threw a few steps away from himself, he dropped the journal right at his own feet. After looking down at it for a moment more, making sure he'd memorized its exact location so he'd be able to find it without actually looking at it again, he shifted his gaze back to Optimus yet again. His voice sounded a lot more humbled, much to the renegade's dismay, as he addressed the Maximal again.

"I won't bother any of you again, and I've given you what you wanted.. So just let me go."

-----

Primal’s optics narrowed again accusingly when Zodiac agreed with his assessment. How quaint. But Optimus wasn’t falling for his tricks. He stopped closing in on him when the shape shifter halted and put his hands up as if to surrender.

“An offer? NOW you want to make a deal?” The Maximal leader’s voice was full of impatience and intolerance. “We already presented one to you earlier, and you declined. THAT was your last chance.”

Megatron, intrigued by this offering of Zodiac’s and seeing Primal teetering on the brink of losing his cool, watched quietly and raised a curious brow at them both.

Zodiac’s motioning them not to shoot as he proceeded to pull out the stolen goods made Optimus reach for his holstered gun on his hip. He didn’t trust him, of course. For all he knew, he was reaching for a weapon. His stomach still ached from the holes in it with dried streaks of blood running down his abdomen.

Megatron’s face turned more serious once he saw the golden disk flash in the sun light as Zodiac took it out and dropped it carelessly on the ground. As much as he wanted Primal to know that that belonged to him, he refrained himself from moving in just in case Zodiac had a trick up his sleeve. He wasn’t going to be fooled by his current state of vulnerability.

The Maximal’s commanding officer didn’t seem too interested in either the disk or Rampage’s spark as his expression never faltered from the stoic and cold appearance it had taken. That wasn’t to say that he didn’t want them or didn’t care about them, but he knew Zodiac thrived on his sorrow and words so he could feed off of his thoughts and take advantage of his emotions.

The t-Rex, however, almost made a dash for the spark. It was very tempting to take those objects now. But if he did, he would make himself an easy target, and he didn’t want to interfere with the tension between them.

Then came the journal. Not just any journal though, Nexus Prime’s. That was what Optimus desired the most, and Zodiac knew that. Even he appeared very hesitant to let it go. But the gorilla in robot mode still didn’t change his body language or facial expression. It was difficult for him as so many memories and emotions about his mentor flooded inside of him, but he maintained his position. Optimus was angry and fed up with these juvenile games of Zodiac’s. If he wanted justice for the part that Optimus played in his creation and torture, then he would have to wait until they returned to Cybertron to get his day in court and file charges against him. That’s what he could tried with everyone he killed. Instead, he went down the darker path that was going to be very difficult to recover from if he could be salvaged at all. Until then, his crimes and killing-sprees were over.

Grabbing his gun from his hip, Primal lifted it and targeted Zodiac. “Step away from the journal,” he demanded with his finger resting on the trigger ready to squeeze it. “You’ve lost your freedom, Zodiac. You lost it to revenge and allowed your hatred and jealousy towards others to consume your spark. No, we won’t be letting you go. But we’ll spare your life," which had to mean something to the pretender because both Megatron and Nemesis wanted to destroy him. And right now, Optimus was sure they would succeed. He might have been the only one that could save his life. “Megatron won’t let you walk away from this. You’re too vulnerable, and he will take advantage of it in order to exterminate your spark. You’ve become too much of an interference to him. Surrender.” Optimus slowly moved toward him with his gun still trained on him.

Megatron glared at them as they spoke and silently told his Predacons to begin converging on Zodiac by a motion of his hand. This was going to be the end of that incompetent and careless imbecile. And those artifacts were going to be his!

-----

Zodiac merely gave a slight shrug of the shoulders when Primal questioned his willingness to make a deal. There just hadn't been a point in agreeing to any deals before now, since frankly the renegade had presumed, however incorrectly, that he held all the trump cards. Why would he have agreed to make a deal that wouldn't benefit him in any way? Clearly Primal didn't see it that way, however, and he seemed less than eager to jump at the opportunity to make a deal now.

Still.. Zodiac had no choice but to try anyway. Perhaps seeing the offers he was willing to make in person would make the Maximal more willing to listen..

In fact the Maximal leader was at the brink of losing his temper, that much was blatantly obvious to anyone watching him. If anyone should be angry right now, it should have been Zodiac. He had clearly suffered the greatest loss here and stood to lose so much more, but he at least tried to maintain a civilized approach as not to enrage his would-be attackers even more. Yes, he was well aware that Megatron wanted nothing more than to torture and kill him. As was the tyrant's way, as well as that of a number of his makeshift crew. Of the two of them, Primal still seemed like the more logical and approachable option. Even while angered.

Zodiac, while still angered by what had just happened and how these fools had somehow destroyed his great plans and taken the Viper out of the equation, was still able to keep his behavior at least mostly civil. Whether that was from his own extensive training, the seemingly hopeless nature of the situation he was faced with, or that small hope he still had that it would work out. True, the Viper was gone, but perhaps something could still be salvaged from this .. travesty.

"That was my last chance?," the renegade then repeated, not bothering to hide the annoyance in his voice. "You got what you wanted, and I'm still willing to offer you more. I've already lost everything."

He lowered his gaze a bit as he contemplated the words he had just used. They were true, at least to an extent. He really had lost everything, aside from his life.

"Come now, Optimus, we both know you had already made arrangements to have the Viper blown out of the sky when you made that offer in the first place. Which means you had no intention of honoring it if I had agreed to your terms then."

There was a certain bitterness in his words.

"But since nothing can undo the damage that's already been done, I will maintain this actual genuine offer. And to prove it.."

He had started taking out the stolen items as he spoke, showing them each of them in turn before dropping them on the ground. For each item, the renegade glanced ever so briefly at Primal and then back at Megatron who remained lingering in the background, looking for a sign they were willing to deal after all. Optimus remained as stoic as ever, whereas Megatron looked a lot more eager to lunge himself at the offerings.

As he dropped the final item on the ground, the journal with the most distinguished and recognizable appearance, Primal pulled out his weapon and demanded that Zodiac moved away from it. The renegade failed to do so, instead he held his ground at least for a moment longer.

"I'm unarmed," he informed the Maximal, raising his arms a tad to prove it, "So why the hostility?" He almost added some snippy remark about Nexus, but one glance at the look on Primal's face caused him to reconsider.

It wasn't that he actually wondered. He wasn't stupid, after all, or insane. So he knew why Primal had reacted the way he did, but he still didn't have to approve of it.

But Primal then proceeded to explain, at least partially, focusing mainly on his intention to not let the renegade go. And now it was Zodiac's turn to narrow his optics in anger and growing frustration.

They'd spare his life? How very gracious of them.. Thanks to Primal and his little cohort, Zodiac's ship had gotten blown out of the sky.. with him still aboard. Thanks to them he had nearly burned to death, his armor still covered in soot to prove it. While Optimus spoke, Zodiac slowly edged his foot closer to the journal until it was resting on top of it, ready to crush it if he only applied enough pressure on his leg.

And he likely would have done so, had Primal not brought the topic of Megatron and Nemesis up in the lecture. Unfortunately the Maximal monkey did have a valid point.. Megatron would never let him just walk away, even with the offerings he had just laid out for them taken into consideration. No, the tyrant would want revenge more than anything.. And then he would no doubt pry those items out of the dying, bleeding hands of his foe. It's what the renegade would do, at least.

The Maximal told him to surrender and was coming closer with his weapon still trained on him. Zodiac sighed briefly as he shifted his focus from the approaching Primal to the still very much so displeased looking tyrant lingering in the background. He caught the signal Megatron gave his troops, however subtle it may have appeared to be. And the response from the surrounding Predacons who suddenly seemed to turn their attention to him proved it. Zodiac inclined his head before slowly taking a step back, leaving the journal intact if covered in a bit of sand and soot.

"And so this bewildering truce between the Maximals and the Predacons seem to be about to come to an end," the renegade remarked dryly while dropping to his knees in the dirt. His wings folded down and draped across his back, his hands moving to the back of his neck where he let them rest in the least threatening position he could imagine. After letting out another sigh, he glanced over at Primal.

"What is it with you and your willingness to take a pounding.. or worse.. for someone else? Is that the legacy Nexus bestowed upon you?" He grimaced a bit upon saying the name, as if it somehow disturbed him to do so. The relationship between those two was truly bizzare to him. Predacons did things differently. And at his core, Zodiac was a Predacon. He just didn't consider himself to be like the motley crew he'd encountered on Earth. Or anywhere else for that sake.

It was becoming clear the Predacons surrounding them were starting to move into position. If only the shapeshifter was stronger right now.. Or had retained his powers. But alas his nanomachines were still shutting down.

Directing his attention to Primal again, Zodiac tried making him one final offer. "You know... If you could equip me with a weapon, I can help you fight them."

-----
"That was my last chance?," "You got what you wanted, and I'm still willing to offer you more. I've already lost everything."
We've both lost something, Optimus thought. However, he didn't want to make this about him. It was true that Zodiac had literally lost everything when Optimus had merely lost Nexus Prime. Of course, to Primal, Nexus had been his closest family, and Zodiac took him away from him, but it was them who made Zodiac who he was, and they were responsible for the anguish and torture, and the lack of nurturing with the sense of belonging, that he had endured for so many years. Revenge wasn't the answer here though, and that's what bothered Optimus the most. The hatred toward Nexus and Optimus was consuming Zodiac, but something told the Maximal gorilla that it went a little further than that. There was something more to his extreme desire to wipe both of them from the universe. Besides revenge, what could motivate someone to go to this much trouble and suffering only to take more lives, even those who had done him no wrong?

Primal's stature seemed to soften a little as these thoughts and his endless compassion went through his mind, but by no means did he lower his weapon or break his eye contact with Zodiac. Would he fire an allegedly unarmed bot? It was highly unlikely given his reputation. But maybe the appearance of the weapon wasn't just for Zodiac. Maybe it was so that he was ready to defend the shapeshifter if Megatron or any of his Predacons decided to attack.
"Come now, Optimus, we both know you had already made arrangements to have the Viper blown out of the sky when you made that offer in the first place. Which means you had no intention of honoring it if I had agreed to your terms then."
"That's not entirely true, Zodiac. Destroying it was a last resort. With you at the helm, you were a threat to us and the fate of Cybertron. If you had given me your cooperation, I wouldn't have blown it up," Optimus explained even if Zodiac didn't care to hear it.
"But since nothing can undo the damage that's already been done, I will maintain this actual genuine offer. And to prove it.."
While he was, indeed, surrendering everything he had stolen - that Optimus and Megatron were aware of - and the pretender was sounding quite sincere, they still couldn't trust him. Time and time again Zodiac fooled them, nearly killing them, and he had wreaked havoc on their crews. Most recently, he had nearly killed Aurora without a second thought. As much as Optimus wanted to believe him, he second-guessed his normally too-trusting nature and remained diligently cautious. He wasn't going to just run up to him and grab all of the items, shake his hand and let him go.
"I'm unarmed," "So why the hostility?"
Primal's expression shifted to one of disbelief. Did he really wonder why? Or was he just stalling or trying to keep Optimus occupied with petty questions that Zodiac should know the answers to. Maybe it was completely innocent. Most likely, it wasn't. He couldn't quite tell even if with his raised hands that were devoid of threatening objects. Although his armor could forge stabbing weapons, like the spikes that had impaled Primal's stomach. "It's just a precaution given our past encounters," he commented firmly. His orange optics subtly shifted to the Predacons' movements around them that caught his attention. He lowered his voice a little bit as he added, "And because of your vulnerability, you're going to need a defense."

The Maximal leader's stance of defiance nearly faltered as he watched Zodiac shift his foot and place it on top of the journal. He knew he wanted it. How could Optimus not resist? The deepest, most emotional thoughts and secrets of his mentor were in that personal notebook. The very last of Nexus Prime's existence was right there in front of him. And now the pretender was toying with the motion to crush it and destroy it, no doubt in retribution of Primal and Rattrap decimating the Viper, even though it had never belonged to Zodiac in the first place. With the shape shifter willing to return the golden disk, Rampage's spark and the journal, and with his escape plan foiled, taking him into custody wasn't entirely necessary, although it would give most of them peace of mind knowing where he was and that he wasn't disguised as someone else and infiltrating either base. But the truth of the matter was, whether he realized this or not, Megatron wasn't going to let him go, nor was he going to take him prisoner. He was prepared to kill Zodiac. So, even if Optimus had let him runaway, the Predacons were going to stalk him like prey, run him down and rip him apart. He hoped his previous statement had alerted him to that fact.
"And so this bewildering truce between the Maximals and the Predacons seem to be about to come to an end,"
As Zodiac fell to his knees and laced his fingers behind his head, Optimus slowly moved in toward him with that permanent limp in his step, passing the disk and the spark that were laying on the ground. Obviously he was more concerned about reaching Zodiac than he was for those objects. Or was he more concerned about the journal? No. Despite it's sentimental value to him, Primal was not materialistic, and he wouldn't jeopardize someone life's over an inanimate object. Although it wouldn't hurt if he could have both. Actually, it would be nice to have Nexus's I.D. chip as well, but Optimus didn't have time to negotiate for that considering their situation. "I don't expect you to choose a side, but it would increase your chance of survival right now if you fought beside me." Quite a risk after everything and knowing how dangerous Zodiac was even in his weakened state. But Primal was willing to take it. He wasn't boasting, instead he was implying that if he didn't harm Optimus, then Zodiac would not only have his protection but his Maximals' as well. And then they might just all make it out of this impending stand-off alive.
"What is it with you and your willingness to take a pounding.. or worse.. for someone else? Is that the legacy Nexus bestowed upon you?"
"No," Optimus answered calmly as he walked up to him and stood over the renegade. That kind of selflessness and leadership couldn't be taught. He glanced among Megatron and his Predacons who were converging on their position before he knelt down in front of his shape-shifting enemy. "I've come a long way on my own, Zodiac. I'm not who I used to be, and I have a lot of regrets. Now, I try to lead by example. And you've taught me some valuable lessons." There was remorse in the merciful leader's voice and optics. "In many ways, you have actually helped me. And I want to return the favor." It might have sounded completely absurd to Zodiac, but Optimus was being honest. Even though he had murdered his father-like figure, there were things that had transpired between both him and Optimus that lead their destinies to this very moment and which had taught Optimus a lot about ethics and empathy. Primal was one to forgive and forget even if he couldn't be sure that it would help his situation. Yes, losing Nexus still hurt, and it was very difficult to ignore the fact that his murderer was right in front of him, and everything Zodiac had put his Maximals through was still quite fresh in his mind and theirs no doubt, but seeing how that hatred and obsession had affected Zodiac so negatively, it just wasn't worth it to Optimus to do that to himself. He did hope, however, that they could have a civilized conversation sometime, to learn from each other and help one another. Of course, a lot of that depended on Zodiac's willingness to agree to such conversations.

"Target your weapons on the treacherous shape-shifter, as well as Optimus!" Megatron demanded over his comm. link to all of his Predacons. If that Maximal was going to attempt to assist that low-life pretender, then he couldn't allow that to happen. Not when Megatron was so close to terminating him! "FIRE!" he ordered his troops while he ran into the fray, immediately heading for the disk and the spark.
"You know... If you could equip me with a weapon, I can help you fight them."
Just as the gunfire erupted, Primal didn't seem to hesitate when he handed Zodiac his own gun. If he was going to shoot him in the back, then that's what was meant to happen. But something told Optimus that they would work together for once and reverse Megatron's truce turning his partnership with the Predacon warlord against him while allying with the shapeshifter instead. Only then did he reach down to he ground and pick up Nexus Prime's journal. He barely gave it a good look for any damage before he safely stowed it in his subspace. Quickly returning to his feet, Primal activated his "backpack" which lifted up over his shoulders and started firing at the Predacons with his mini plasma cannons before they got too close to them. ...
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

... Zodiac did his best humbled impression as he spoke to Primal in a low voice, seemingly defeated as indicated by the tone of his voice and his posture alike. Was he really, though? The shapeshifter would use a variety of strategies in his attempt to gain an advantage, and right now that position belonged to the Maximal standing near him. There was a certain irony in the fact that even now Primal would be willing to risk his own life to save someone who had attempted to kill him and to cause him grief for as long as the two had been on this planet. Yet it was something Zodiac was willing, or at the very least able, to bet on.

As a trained infiltrator, the renegade knew to read the emotions of others and act upon it. And finally Primal, too, softened his once stern yet stonefaced expression. Taking note of it, Zodiac maintained his own defeated pose, hoping to push the Maximal in the direction he wanted still. After all the renegade had little to put up against the likes of Megatron and his entire Predacon fleet right now. He was too weak and didn't have the full range of his capabilities available to him right now. So Primal really was his best chance at getting out of this in one piece.
"That's not entirely true, Zodiac. Destroying it was a last resort. With you at the helm, you were a threat to us and the fate of Cybertron. If you had given me your cooperation, I wouldn't have blown it up,"
The renegade raised an optic ridge at that remark, obviously not agreeing with Primal's assumption. He may be weaker than normal, but he still maintained that his plan had been solid.

"You said you would have let me leave in the Viper," Zodiac then responded as calmly as he could, "Would you truly have done so if you perceived me as a threat while at the helm..?" It was more of a rhetorical question than anything, as he was fairly certain of Primal's intentions. Or at least he thought he was. The once so easy to manipulate student of Nexus had changed.. Primal certainly wasn't as naive as he once was.
"It's just a precaution given our past encounters,"
The renegade let out a barely audible sigh upon hearing those words. It wasn't that he was surprised, not in the slightest, but his intention had been to make the Maximal second guess himself and his actions.
"And because of your vulnerability, you're going to need a defense."
A slight smile appeared on the renegade's face upon hearing Primal's quiet words that were obviously only intended for him to hear, as if he somehow found the situation somewhat humerous.

"And obviously you are offering to provide said defense?," he then mused before adding, "Perhaps this is why I wasn't able to fool you in the end.. You aren't as shallow as most of the other Maximals I was sent to trick. It's becoming quite evident why you were Nexus Prime's favorite."

He sounded almost genuine. In fact most of it was true, if not all. Optimus did indeed possess qualities that could be considered quite admirable. And it was helping the renegade understand some of those aspects of Primal's relationship with Nexus that had eluded him for so long. Even so, however, he couldn't quite let go of the jealousy of the two that had ultimately lead to his attempt to break them apart for all eternity.

He then dropped to his knees in the dirt, playing a bit of a risky chance since there was always the possibility Primal wouldn't react the way he had predicted. Fortunately, however, he did..
"I don't expect you to choose a side, but it would increase your chance of survival right now if you fought beside me."
After daring a quick glance around only to see the Predacons start to move in on them, no matter how subtle they attempted to be, Zodiac remained in his current position on the ground until told or gestured to do otherwise.

"It would appear that choice has been made for me already."

He shifted his gaze to Primal. "I think we both know how desperately I'm willing to cling to any chance to live."

That was probably the truest statement he had ever made.
"No," "I've come a long way on my own, Zodiac. I'm not who I used to be, and I have a lot of regrets. Now, I try to lead by example. And you've taught me some valuable lessons."
And there is was. Some strange, mutual understanding between the two males who had both served under Nexus, yet in very different circumstances. If only the circumstances had been different..
"In many ways, you have actually helped me. And I want to return the favor."
The Maximal leader's voice sounded oddly merciful. Yet there was something else behind his words, something hidden deep within his caring voice. An emotion not common among the Predacons, yet a few Maximals still displayed it from time to time. Albeit rarely, Nexus Prime had done it as well near the end.

Wanted to return the favor.. What an odd thing to say. Almost as strange as what had come before it when Primal said the renegade had actually helped him. For a moment, the shapeshifter had a look of confusion showing on his face.

It sounded almost like.. remorse. Like Primal was trying to apologize for wrongs done in the past. Zodiac wasn't quite sure how to react to it, especially since he couldn't be sure if that really was what he was detecting. So in the end he just followed Primal's glance with his own optics.

And then Primal did something completely unexpected. He handed the renegade his weapon to prepare him for battle. Zodiac merely nodded in acknowledgement and grabbed the gun from his one-time foe and present ally. Had their circumstances been any different, he would no doubt have turned the weapon on Primal, but as things were they both had bigger problems to worry about.
"Target your weapons on the treacherous shape-shifter, as well as Optimus!"
Nemesis had made her way around the downed ship to flank the renegade from the other side by the time Megatron gave the order that their truce with the Maximals had come to an end. About time, she thought, although she had no intention of shooting at Optimus. No, her rage and firepower would be reserved for the one who truly deserved it, and hopefully the other Maximals would come to Primal's aid. No doubt they would.. right?
"FIRE!"
As ordered, she started shooting at Zodiac, aiming her weapon carefully to make sure no stray shots would end up in Optimus' way. The monkey was tough, for sure, so she hoped he'd be okay. Given Megatron's mood, there was no point in trying to dissuade him from using Primal as target practice as well. She would only end up on the receiving end of the tyrant's fusion cannon if she tried.

Zodiac immediately got up when the shooting commenced. Through the corner of his optic he caught Primal grabbing the journal they both wanted so badly, but that hardly mattered right now. So for the moment his focus was on finding cover, which he did behind some of the Viper's debris, so he could return fire upon their attackers.

-----
"You said you would have let me leave in the Viper," "Would you truly have done so if you perceived me as a threat while at the helm..?"
Optimus wasn't sure how to respond to that. The bottom line to his bluff and his plan was trying to spare their lives, including those on Cybertron whom he may have been targeting with the treaty, and the ship. But since Zodiac wasn't willing to cooperate, then the ship was what had to be taken out of the equation.
"And obviously you are offering to provide said defense?," "Perhaps this is why I wasn't able to fool you in the end.. You aren't as shallow as most of the other Maximals I was sent to trick. It's becoming quite evident why you were Nexus Prime's favorite."
What exactly did the shape shifter mean by that? And again he couldn't help but refer to Nexus and the way he had treated Optimus. It was almost an obsession of his, wasn't it? Jealousy or envy? Of course, by now Primal could only take these comments from Zodiac with a grain of salt. It's not like Zodiac saw Optimus the way Nexus did, and his record of manipulation was possibly outmatched by even Megatron's. So, when the pretender would share such remarks, the Maximal was left with a void of sorrow, skepticism and feeling lost. He wanted so badly to look into the recordings of his mentor's journal right then; just huddle behind a boulder while the battle went on around him and immerse himself in the deepest thoughts of the one bot who saw so much potential in him and believed in him more than he did himself at the time. But that would have to wait.
"It would appear that choice has been made for me already." "I think we both know how desperately I'm willing to cling to any chance to live."
We'll see about that, thought Optimus since Zodiac's actions said more about him than his words. To his surprise, he didn't use his weapon against him after all. While Primal provided cover for Zodiac by firing his mini plasma cannons at Megatron, the shape shifter had fled to find protection behind the larger pieces of debris. Fortunately, because of the distance between them and his opponent's weakened condition, Megatron's shots weren't very accurate, and Nemesis seemed to deliberately focus on Zodiac before she disappeared out of his sight, which wasn't exactly a good thing. He couldn't be sure if she wanted him dead as much as Megatron did.

Watching Zodiac slip away, Megatron growled under his breath, but out of the corner of his optic, he could see Nemesis tracking him. So, he decided to keep his focus on Optimus. Until the rodent chimed in with his gun fire.

Targeting for his legs, Rattrap blasted several shots at Megatron to get his attention off of the monkey so Optimus could find cover.

"Gun fire," Rhinox said to the others on the other side of the wreckage that he had been rummaging through. "Come on!" he encouraged Tigerhawk to follow him as he hurried around the pile in the crater and came upon the battle.

"Where do ya think yer goin', tin horn?!" Quickstrike said as he leaped out from a large plate of metal and fired at the engineer with his venom.

Gasping, the bulky Maximal suddenly jumped to the side and hit the ground with a hard thud landing on his shoulder barely avoiding the green venom that flew by him. "Tigerhawk, go find Optimus and Rattrap! Make sure they're okay!" he told him. He pulled out his working chain gun and began exchanging firepower with the small Predacon. "This is the thanks I get for putting myself between you and Rampage?" he called over the gun shots.

"I never asked ya for your protection! I can handle mahself!" the Fuzor returned along with more venom.

Rhinox rolled his optics and continued firing at the Predacon without the intention of fatally wounding him or even taking his limbs off. He merely wanted to keep him distracted and secluded from the rest of the group.

Megatron had turned his attention on the rodent and fired at him as he stepped around his shots and moved to find cover crouching down on a knee.

Optimus took advantage of the opportunity and ran - with his limp - toward Zodiac's location after he retracted his cannons.

Peering out from behind the Viper's debris, Megatron fired at Rattrap to keep him on the defensive before zeroing in on Optimus again who was making a run for Zodiac. He fired a few shots before ducking behind his cover again. "Terrorsaur, keep Primal distracted!" he ordered over his comm. link. It was time to reclaim Rampage's spark and the golden disk.

Rattrap had been forced to hide when he saw the bright, purple blasts flying in his direction while Megatron made another attempt on Optimus.

(( OOC: Winter, you can put Spineback whereever. I imagine she might go after Rattrap to keep him off of Megatron. ))
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

((Let me know if anything needs to be changed for my post you two! Trying to go off what you guys put out so hopefully it works. :lol: ))

The transmetal tigress averted her gaze when Optimus saw through her thinly veiled attempts at showing she was fine or divert attention to the more pressing situation right now. Things rarely seemed to get past the gorilla and though the topic was dropped for the time being in favor of figuring out Zodiac's fate, she was well aware this wouldn't be for long.

Turning her gaze back to the others, she nodded when Optimus ordered her and Aurora to hang back, no doubt due to their less than stellar conditions right now and watched as both teams left to pursue the now downed Viper, the collision from a distance more than enough of a sign the ship was good for nothing now other than salvaging some possible parts, scrap metal, and other items. Not that it was much comfort with Inferno and the presently unconscious Rampage still lingering around, "Now its just us, the insane ant, and the cannibalistic crab, fun times." Wintersong muttered, shifting back to her robot mode for now and taking out her Energon Rifle.

"Holding up alright yourself Aurora?" The tigress inquired towards the ermine fuzor, turning her body to where she could talk with the smaller femme but still keep her optics on the two Predacons nearby.

++++++++++++++++++

The Viper was quite a mess.

Just minutes ago, Tigerhawk had found himself and Inferno struggling to take out the outside turrets that had been preventing them and their allies from getting close to or inside the ship to aid their comrades. Where they took out several at a time they were soon repairing themselves seconds later, bringing the two fliers in an endless cycle, seeming without end and now...now the ship was a smoldering, twisted pile of scrap no longer useful to anyone. The large fuzor bent down and picked up a piece of what had been part of the hull, examining it carefully during their search among the rubble. 'Such a brilliant and magnificent piece of modern technology, wasted on our inability to find compromise.' The mech thought with disappointment, finally dropping the piece back in the pile and returning to rummaging through the rest.

But he stopped in his tracks as he heard the first gun shots, at the moment Rhinox remarking on it himself. Leaving the area he had been searching, Tigerhawk followed Rhinox towards the battle, only to skid to a halt in his tracks as Quickstrike made his own move to get in their way, "Tenacious lot, aren't they." Tigerhawk remarked as he decided to take to the skies from there, leaving Rhinox to handle the smaller male fuzor, scanning the battle field and spotting the chaos below. "Optimus, Rattrap, are you two alright?" Tigerhawk commed to them, his machine guns shifting back to settle over his shoulders and beginning soar over the area, raining some shots down on the Predacons from his higher vantage point, trying to give the other Maximals some cover fire.

Once the perimeter had been formed, both Spineback and Terrorsaur had kept a safe distance from Zodiac and the two leaders, watching the exchange unfold before them. Where Terrorsaur was rather impatient at Megatron ordering for them to make a move, Spineback observed more thoughtfully of what was occurring before them.

The tables had turned so swiftly, so violently, the tense exchange going on before them could go a number of ways, that the former Decepticon was certain of. Truly, Zodiac was quite a living embodiment of what one Predacon could be and Megatron was another, their differences actually being quite intriguing for the veteran, especially considering it seemed like a sign things hard not changed much in the descendants of the Decepticon faction, very much continuing to share their known ideals even today. More so how one interpreted the core beliefs of an established faction and decided to take things in their own hands, in their own way. But she would have to ponder this another time, Spineback slowly moving in closer with the rest of the Predacons when Megatron gave the subtle signal.

Finally, they could attack!

"About time!" Terrorsaur squawked with glee, focusing his firepower on the likes of Zodiac and Optimus, Spineback doing the same but neither caring who they hit so long as it was taking out their two most hated foes. As to be expected, chaos soon followed, Spineback breaking off from the perimeter they had formed and making a beeline for the transmetal rodent, aiming her shoulder-mounted Missile Launchers this time, "You should really watch your own back vermin." She growled as she fired two missiles towards his direction, trying to draw his attention from the Predacon leader. Though she briefly had to raise her arm to shield herself from Tigerhawk's cover fire, hissing as the bullets tore through but otherwise could be fixed.

Hearing Megatron's order, Terrorsaur merely grinned wider, giddy at the prospect of taking out Optimus himself. "Where do you think you're off to monkey? Why don't you hang around." The pteradactyl sneered, diving towards Optimus as he fired his optic lasers only briefly hissing as some of Tigerhawk's bullets struck his armor but fortunately missing anything vital for flight. "Maximals are like flies, pop up everywhere." He grumbled, flying upwards to avoid another rain of bullets and turning his attention back to slowly down or distracting Optimus from helping Zodiac.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

"Yer cuffs worked like a charm," he told her. "We woulda never gotten dis far without 'em. Hopefully you can make more though since, uh, dey're broken now,"
Aurora looked a bit puzzled for a moment while the words sank in, at which point she crossed her arms and gave the rodent a somewhat stern look. How did Rattrap always manage to destroy everything? Well, she supposed it didn't really matter much right now. The material she had used could be replicated, even if the process was a tedious one. And they weren't technically 'cuffs', but actually designed to be used for climbing. However they could have other uses for sure.

"What did you do?," she demanded, sounding a little annoyed, but she dropped the stern appearance soon enough and smiled. "No worries, that's the beauty of a prototype. The process can be repeated and improved."

Still the rodent seemed a little hesitant, maybe because of the prematurely detonated explosives. Not that it mattered. The Viper had been reduced to little more than a huge pile of smoking rubble. The once so menacing ship that could have wrecked havoc with not only them but the planet Cybertron as well, now lay in pieces on the ground. Aurora genuinely didn't care how it had happened since all that mattered to her was that her team had made it out in one piece.
"You're welcome,"
The little fuzor's smile brightened a little more as she returned her attention to Optimus, their leader, and the one who had miraculously survived yet another attempt on his life. That was the shape shifter's main goal, right? Well, from the look of the Viper they might not get the chance to question him about his motives. Aurora wasn't quite sure how she felt about that, really, after all she never wanted anyone to die. But as she had quickly learned, reality wasn't picture perfect. And Megatron would surely offer the renegade a far worse fate than if he was to perish inside the crashed ship.

"I can hardly believe you managed to find it," she mumbled more quietly, for only Primal to hear. Yes, she was grateful, but this turn of events also would no doubt bring on a discussion on how she lost possession of the chip in the first place.
"It would be my pleasure."
Rhinox' voice chimed in from behind them, prompting Aurora to redirect her smile in his direction. Yes, she had no doubt Rhinox was capable and willing. She'd seen him do more intricate procedures, a lot more. And it would be nice to have the computer recognize her again so she could finally access most parts of the Axalon, and use the CR chambers. Unknowingly, she had moved her hand up to feel the dressing on the top of her head, but she quickly pulled her hand back upon realizing what she was doing.
“You and Aurora need the CR chamber more than me right now, looks like you’ve more than had your fair share of misadventures yourselves."
Aurora took a moment to reflect upon what had just been said in light of the condition Wintersong was in. The cat was certainly not in great shape herself, and mentally she must have gone through a much worse ordeal than any of them. Being trapped inside that cocoon, for months, with nothing but the whispers of the Vok to keep her company.. yeah, it sounded like a nightmare.

But to lighten the mood, she then decided to respond with something more.. humorous.

"What.. this?," she said, indicating the bandage on her head, "No, this is the newest fashion statement, don't you see?"

She smiled a bit, a soft smile to show Wintersong she wasn't alone. And truly, she was not. As unique as all the Maximal personalities were, they were all still one big family.
"We're not finished here yet,""We need to investigate the wreckage and search for Zodiac. Wintersong, you and Aurora can hang back from a safe distance. The rest of us will converge on what's left of the Viper and salvage anything we can use."
And just like that Primal brought them back from the bliss of a seemingly smooth victory to the reality of a far more risky one. Aurora turned to look at the wreckage, where fires still burned in the distance. And with a sigh she nodded.

"Okay..," she replied to Primal before turning to Rattrap as she silently handed him the tranquilizer gun in the event they might still need it. Yes, Rampage was down.. for now. But there was no telling what would greet them at the wreckage. And Rattrap was the best shooter on the team.

A short distance away the Predacons had assembled near their leader. Megatron had barely made it back alive, but once again he proved just how resilient he could be. Nemesis stood nearby, watching as Spineback did her best to assess and possibly repair the tyrant with whatever tools she had available.
"We will maintain the cease-fire with the Maximals for now,"
Now that was surprising. But Nemesis wasn't one to protest, especially since all she really wanted was to make sure Zodiac had truly perished. The Maximals didn't matter much to her right now. After Megatron made his intentions to reclaim Rampage as his own.. pet.. or whatever he intended to use him for.. Nemesis smiled ever so slightly while their medic finished up her work.

--------------

Zodiac caught Primal's glance, one of suspicion, as he made his way around the still smoking debris to find some shelter from the incoming attack. The Maximal's feelings were hardly surprising, yet his willingness to give up his weapon to someone who had showed him such contempt in the past was far more of a surprise. And perhaps a bit revealing into Optimus' persona. Either way, the gesture had left Zodiac a bit perplexed.

Megatron on the other hand was most determined to gain some leverage in this newly reignited conflict, whether it be the recovery of his stolen items or simply revenge for what the renegade had done to him. But fortunately the tyrant's wounds left his shooting abilities with a bit to be desired, giving his two targets the opportunity to move out of his direct line of fire without too much difficulty. Most of Megatron's crew consisted of Predacon rejects and reprogrammed Maximal pods, after all, so at this distance most of their shots missed as well.

The renegade ducked down behind the debris, planning to use his vantage point to end this conflict sooner rather than later. Keeping his head low, he peered around the edge of his hiding spot to locate Megatron. After all, the Predacons would crumble fast enough without their leader. As luck would have it, Megatron was still injured from his time aboard the Viper. And Primal seemed to be doing a fairly good job keeping the tyrant's attention.

Raising Primal's weapon, the renegade took aim at the tyrant. But he didn't aim for the legs like Primal would, but instead went for the more lethal option.. And aimed for Megatron's spark chamber and head. And fired at him, repeatedly. Sadly the weapon Primal had granted him didn't have the best accuracy at this distance, not without turning it into a sniper weapon, but at the moment he lacked the strength to manipulate objects much. So he settled for what he had available and kept firing, hoping that some of his shots would hit their target.

Meanwhile Nemesis had disappeared out of sight, using the distraction to try to maneuver around so that she could catch the sneaky renegade off guard. When she saw him, he was busy shooting at some of her fellow Predacons, more specifically Megatron, so his attention was indeed not on her. The avian female took the opportunity to take aim with her own weapon before firing a barrage of shots straight into the shape shifter's backside.

Zodiac stumbled forward when more shots came soaring his way, this time from behind. Most of the shots hit his wings, some more midline in the back, but a couple hit his hip and shoulder joint. As a result he had no choice but to lower the weapon and try to get to the other side of the debris he'd been seeking shelter behind. And in doing so he also revealed himself to Megatron and the other Predacons. The renegade didn't have a choice in the matter, however, and tossed himself on the ground to avoid the next round of punishment from the firearm wielding Predacon behind him. He then rolled to the side before getting up again, but not without a limp to show for it as he struggled to make his way over to Primal. How ironic that his longtime foe would end up being his best option to stay alive.. again.. but Zodiac was confident the Maximals would do everything in their power to save their commanding officer.. and by doing such, also him by association.

He made it, but not before tripping and falling a few times on the way, only to force his way back on his feet despite the pain. Fortunately at least some of his nanomachines were still hard at work, trying diligently to maintain their master, but it was becoming evident he needed rest.. and food.. soon. He couldn't keep this up forever.

Looking over at Primal as he made his way close to him, Zodiac asked; "I trust you planned for this inevitable outcome..?"
"Where do you think you're off to monkey? Why don't you hang around."
The screeching voice of Terrorsaur was all too revealing, resulting in the renegade switching the weapon to his uninjured arm so that he could fire at the pteradactyl who had taken it upon himself to attack the Maximal leader. He fired multiple shots at him from his own position on the ground near Primal's whereabouts. "Maybe you should learn to check your surroundings, bird brain!," he called out to the red transmetal in between shots.

Aurora watched with concern from the location she'd been told to stay behind at by Optimus, gunfire cracking through the air like the heaviest of thunderstorms. She glanced over at Wintersong, hoping for some words of encouragement from the other female, as she was really struggling to keep herself from rushing in to help her friends right now.
"Holding up alright yourself Aurora?"
"Yeah.. sort of," the little fuzor replied, her gaze fixed on the battle field. "Do you think we should help them despite Optimus wanting us to stay behind?"

One word of encouragement from Wintersong was all she needed..
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"What did you do?,"
Rattrap had suddenly appeared sheepish toward Aurora's accusing tone, drawing his arms up against his chest in defense. It had been her equipment, after all, prototype or not; it was her property and he lost it. And because he respected her and cared about her like she was his niece, he felt bad about the situation. Aurora was probably one of the few bots who could make him so guilty over something so minuscule.
"No worries, that's the beauty of a prototype. The process can be repeated and improved."
Watching her expression change and hearing her voice lighten made him realize that she had just been teasing him, and he suddenly felt a bit embarrassed by letting everyone witness what had just happened. Despite that, he gave a sigh of relief and an awkward chuckle with a shifty gaze to everyone as he pretended to go along with her joking around. I'm such a sap, he thought. And then he remembered that trial and error she put him through earlier with them. Putting his fists on his hips, he threw back at her, "I was just gettin' even for dat stunt you pulled with me danglin' from the ceiling. Yeah, remember that? You thought it was so funny." He playfully shook his head at her before crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at the younger Maximal with a slight smile.
"I can hardly believe you managed to find it,"
Optimus was going to explain to her how he did miraculously acquire her tiny chip, but he thought against it. At least for now. It was because he saw Zodiac's dead comrade, and they had had enough death for one day with Banshee's demise. While Aurora may have been concerned about the inevitable discussion on her disobedience with Primal, it wasn't really on his mind at the moment. He was just glad that she was all right, that Rhinox had been able to repair her for the most part, and that she had a piece of her returned that was quite personal. The way it was taken was no doubt still fresh in her mind. And as she reached for the bandage on her head, the memories of what her horrendous wound looked it as her body hanged in Megatron's grasp before he had released her with Zodiac disguised as the ermine as well replayed in his head within seconds. She had survived when he had nearly lost her as well, and that was all that mattered to him at that moment. Perhaps that was why he was being a little over-protective with her, as well as Wintersong. Both of them had recently experienced very traumatic events, and even though they would probably argue that they were fine, he knew better than to continue allowing them to fight that day. Surely, both of them were exhausted, and any fatigue or emotional distress they might be experiencing could compromise their decisions and reaction time in the battle. In the end, Optimus simply smiled at his Chief Biologist to help ease her curious mind before they had to move on to more pressing matters.
"What.. this?," "No, this is the newest fashion statement, don't you see?"
Rhinox chuckled at Aurora's interaction with Wintersong while Primal grew quiet in thought as he looked among his comrades, happy to have Wintersong and Tigerhawk back, as well as just having the rest of them being present and altogether in that moment. They had been through some dark times, but they were here now in high spirits despite recent events. They truly were a remarkable crew.
"Okay..,"
The reluctance in the ermine's voice was quite evident, and caused Optimus narrow an optic at her with skepticism. Whether it was because they were going to be left with Inferno and Rampage, or because he didn't want them in the battle, he figured he should make himself clearer. "You don't have to stay here with them," a nudge of his head in Inferno's direction told Aurora who he was referring to, "But steer clear of the Viper's crash site. We have no idea where Zodiac might be if he survived." He certainly didn't want to go through another hostage situation with her when she had already been through so much that day. And of course he expected her and Wintersong to obey him. Especially Aurora. But time would tell. And sometimes there were exceptions for disobedience.

Rattrap took the rifle from the smaller Maximal Fuzor and attached it to his back as he nodded to her. "Good idea. We'll be back," he assured her and Wintersong. He hated to leave them behind after their short and somewhat emotional reunion, but there was still work to be done to ensure the duration of their stay on the planet. And apparently it had to involve Rattrap, much to his dismay. But the tranquilizers could certainly come in handy.

-----
"Now its just us, the insane ant, and the cannibalistic crab, fun times."
Inferno narrowed his red optics at Wintersong's comment and grew a little edgy when she maximized and pulled out her weapon, but he maintained training his weapon on the crab next to him. Both Maximals seemed a bit weary of his and Rampage's presence but really the ant was the one outnumbered there. If anyone should be extra cautious and jumpy, and it should be him. By the sound of it in the distance, the cease fire had been cancelled and the Predacons were back to shooting at the Maximals. Inferno would have liked to have been a part of that fight, but he remained at his post and simply kept an eye on the two Maximals in case they were going to try anything.

-----
"Tenacious lot, aren't they."
"That's the understatement of the decade," Rhinox responded to Tigerhawk's observation before he took off while the engineer handled the Predacon Fuzor.
"Optimus, Rattrap, are you two alright?"
"Oh yeah, things are just peachy, 'Hawk!" the rodent replied sarcastically over his comm. link while he kept firing at Megatron to keep him at his position and from targeting Optimus.

Although the vermin's gunfire gave Megatron no opportunity to venture away from his cover, he was determined to grab those precious objects that were a sprint's distance away from him. In the meantime, however, he'd have to keep the same pressure on Rattrap while Terrorsaur and Nemesis could handle Zodiac and Optimus. Until now, when he saw Spineback sneak up on the rodent. Excellent, he happily thought with a grin as he peered over the smoldering wreckage he was hiding behind.
"You should really watch your own back vermin."
Rattrap wasted no time spinning around to find the Predacon medic near him. He targeted her with his gun as quickly as he could, but she had already fired her missiles which forced him to jump out of the way and roll across the ground, exposing himself to Megatron. Fortunately for him, the t-rex wasn't interested in shredding him to pieces. Not at that moment, anyway. Still, Rattrap scrambled back to his feet while he saw Tigerhawk fly in and fire at Spineback granting the rat the opportunity to find more cover again. Tigerhawk was turning out to be a great asset to their team. Perhaps Rattrap could start treating him with more trust.

Megatron activated the wheels on his feet to roll across the ground quickly, maneuvering rather well around the debris as he roller-bladed toward Rampage's spark and the golden disk. He pushed through the anguish of twisting his upper body and stretching his arms for momentum and balance with his hungry optics glued on the two objects. As he got closer, Zodiac's shots from Primal's weapon whizzed by him. Most of them were aimed at his head and chest for obvious reasons, so it was very difficult to avoid them. Their lack of accuracy was in his favor though. He had to duck and coast closer to the ground on his small wheels, shifting his weight to the left and the right, growling at both the pain and the fact that the renegade and the Maximal leader were obviously working together against him now. Narrowly missing one of his last shots, Megatron threw himself to the dirt while pulling his wheels back up which lowered his purple, clawed toes at the same time and skidded to the disk and the spark on his knees. A whirl of dust flew up around him providing him with a thin layer of cover as he frantically grabbed the items and immediately stowed them away in his subspace. Finally! One, small victory already!
"I trust you planned for this inevitable outcome..?"
"Why, are you worried?" Optimus gave Zodiac a smirk to keep him guessing as they engaged the Predacons on their own before their reinforcements arrived. Primal didn't seem overly concerned about their situation. Megatron was still terribly damaged and probably couldn't fly. Nemesis wasn't one to brutally attack Optimus out of mutual respect, although that wouldn't stop her from preying on Zodiac. Inferno was preoccupied with Rampage. And the rest of the Preds could be managed easily enough. Maybe. After witnessing Zodiac struggling to get away from Nemesis, tripping and falling in the process and now limping, it was clear how weakened the shape shifter really was. Without his Maximals, they might find themselves in a very dire predicament after all. But upon hearing Tigerhawk's communication, it sounded as though his team was on their way to offer them some alleviation.
"Where do you think you're off to monkey? Why don't you hang around."
"Maybe you should learn to check your surroundings, bird brain!,"
Terrorsaur. Great, Primal thought sarcastically as he turned to target the flier, along with Zodiac who was currently burrowing his gun. Although the ape's cannon fire was powerful, it wasn't very accurate, and it pushed against his arms which vibrated to his core and shook his already damaged abdomen. It was painful to say the least, but he had persevered for their survival. After firing at Megatron, he could use a break, and fortunately Zodiac was there to provide such relief albeit short-lived as he engaged Terrorsaur for him and helped him from being shot by his optic lasers. Then Tigerhawk swooped in and got the Predacon temporarily off of their backs as he was forced to retreat. Optimus took the opportunity to nod at Zodiac acknowledging his assistance.

As the cloud of dirt began to settle around Megatron, he targeted Zodiac with his tail gun and fired at him repeatedly and mercilessly.

Noticing the bright, purple shots heading their way, Optimus was quick to return Zodiac's favor of covering him from Terrorsaur's attack by deactivating his plasma cannons and pulling them off of his back to use them as his clubs. Quickly putting himself between his gunfire and Zodiac, he swung his clubs one after the other at the plasma shots and batted them away in sporadic directions. Megatron's shots ricocheted off of the tough, TransMetal weapons one by one with a grunt from Primal after each swing, putting as much force behind them as possible.

Growling with hatred toward the Maximal Commander, Megatron got to his feet and ran toward him while he kept firing, hoping to keep him distracted so Nemesis could continue her onslaught on Zodiac and Terrorsaur could catch Primal from above as long as that lousy, large Maximal Fuzor didn't interfere again. He already had what he wanted, of course, except for Zodiac's termination, so now it was the matter of keeping the pressure on the Maximals so they would fall or at least surrender the pretender by retreating.

Optimus moved forward toward his nemesis, continuing to swing at every shot and not missing a single one. They came quicker and harder in his advance, but his determination didn't falter. And now he tried deflecting the shots right back at Megatron, causing him to strafe and dodge his own firepower.

Rattrap, meanwhile, kept his sights on Spineback. Her missiles were destructive, and he'd hate to be hit by one let alone two. But as it was, he couldn't he turn his back to her while he was exposed. He fired several shots from his gun in her general direction so he could find some cover behind a pile of wreckage that was once a piece of the incredible ship known as the Viper. When he thought he might have the right opportunity, he grabbed the tranquilizer rifle that Aurora had handed to him and targeted Megatron's back. With him maneuvering, however, and all of the gunfire around him, it made Rattrap take his time with his aim, which unfortunately left him open to any attacks from Spineback despite the distance between them. For the most part, Rattrap was surrounded by the large shrapnel, but the Predacon medic was much taller than him, and her missiles could, no doubt, easily destroy his cover.
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

For the moment, Wintersong turned to Aurora when she answered her, wondering if the young fuzor was alright. But following Aurora’s gaze she could see what had the winged ermine so concerned.

Even from this distance the battle sounded intense, making the tigress wonder what could have possibly triggered the conflict once more. “Well...” Wintersong frowned in thought, usually one of the ones gung-ho and ready to jump into a battle at a moments notice. But this time...she couldn’t help taking a moment to reflect on both of their conditions; Aurora had a nasty head wound for it to be bandaged like that, not to mention somehow her ID chip taken from her, and Wintersong herself certainly wasn’t in the greatest of shape. Physically she was not harmed, but exhaustion was ever tugging at her in all ways possible it felt like.

Still, their friends could be in danger and besides...”Optimus did say we could move away from those two.” She finally spoke, using her thumb to indicate Inferno and Rampage behind her. Despite her reservations, Wintersong’s usual grin spread across her face. “Tell you what kid, we won’t engage the Predacons right away, we’ll only move close enough to see the Predacons start being able to make your new fashion statement a hit, but if it looks bad we’ll make our move.” Wintersong assured her, figuring they could still respect Optimus’ order but disobey if the need seemed dire.

Nodding as if to reassure herself this was the right decision, her battle mask soon clicked into place, “But we got to move fast, the ant could give us away.” She spoke loud enough only Aurora could hear, turning her head only slightly to eye Inferno before she made her way to the battlefield, feeling a little unsteady and sluggish, realizing just how drained she really felt but pushed past it for the sake of her friends, finally coming close enough to duck behind some debris and peer around to see what was going on.

+++++++++++++

Tigerhawk’s next round of cover fire made the veteran growl and jump back to avoid the bullets, giving her target ample time to move to some new cover. Though, the moment Tigerhawk has moved away, Spineback was immediately looking for the rodent. He was still a problem for Megatron if she lost him from her sights for too long, and she doubted he would have gotten far without her spotting him again.

As if on cue, Rattrap saved her the trouble of find him only to fire upon her, causing her to turn her head away as she allowed the shots to strike her frame. She could handle some punishment dished out to her, simply scoffing in annoyance and ignoring the stinging from the shots that left holes burned into her frame. It was a quick move, as soon as the shots started they had ended, causing her to turn back in time to see Rattrap finding cover again.

Chuckling softly under her breathe, she began to stalk towards the pile of burning wreckage, a twisted, wicked grin forming on her face plates as she prepared her missiles, “I’ll give you this much rodent, you make the hunt rather fun in the midst of battle. Annoying as you are, it’s been worth it.” Her tone went from one of twisted glee to ominous calmness quick, “Now join the countless others in the burning pits of the Inferno.” As she said this, Spineback fired her remaining four missiles, not only intending to blow away the debris blocking Rattrap from any normal firepower, but also to force the rodent out of hiding or blow him away with the useless scrap.

To add insult to injury with Terrorsaur’s present predicament, the renegade made himself known shortly after the transmetal flier had returned to attack Primal. He couldn’t help growling in annoyance under his breathe, trying to dodge around the barrage of shots Zodiac sent his way. “Watch my back! Ha! You can barely-” The mech was stopped rather abruptly, letting out a pained squawk as one of the erratic shots made its mark, striking one of his twin thrusters on his back.

Snarling slightly as he began to go into a free fall, Terrorsaur was forced to transform to his beast mode in order to catch himself, cursing under his breathe at his less than stellar luck in this battle. First being knocked out by the Maximal pet project reject and now nearly being blown out of the sky. ‘Hmph, I’ll let Nemesis and Megatron get slagged by the Maximals, do us all a favor.’ He thought, welcoming the thought of their present command being torn to scrap. It would just leave him less competition to step up and take command for sure this time.

For the time being, he veered away from the group and decided to wait for a better opportunity to make his move. That was until from the corner of his optics he noted some movement not far off, steering himself away for the moment until he spotted Aurora and Wintersong making their way towards the battlefield, “Ohoho, the injured teammates coming to play hero, how cute.” He smirked, firing a few optic lasers dangerously close to the two females but not directly striking them, yet.

Well, not quite the outcome he would have expected, seeing the troublesome renegade covering Optimus’ back. Yet, Tigerhawk doubted this would be the first surprise that had occurred in the conflict. For now, Zodiac was their ally, no matter how temporary.

Turning his gaze to the skies, the large fuzor narrowed his optics as he noticed the avian female from earlier, Nemesis as she was called. She seemed to have her sights set on either their unlikely ally or Optimus, who presently had himself busy worrying about the Predacon leader. “One flier out of the way, one more to go.” Speeding up slightly, Tigerhawk trained his sights on Nemesis, beginning to fire his machine guns on her instead, trying to force her away from his commanding officer and Zodiac or draw her attention to him, “Don’t you have better plans for the evening than seeking death, Predacon.

++++++++++++

Back by Inferno, Rampage’s systems were finally starting to reboot, albeit quite slowly. With the lance no longer embedded in his chest, the cells that allowed for his unnaturally rapid healing had begun to go to work, starting with the most obvious of injuries, the stab wounds and burns, slowly returning them to a normal state, though not entirely devoid of a marred frame, especially the scorch marks due to the intense heat. Once that had been done they had gone about attacking the tranquilizer and cyber venom coursing through his system, destroying most but not all due to how far both had spread in his system by now. Much less how much.

Yet, that didn’t stop him from recovering enough that the king crab made a low groan, groggy and still disoriented. Otherwise, he was slowly coming back to awareness, sensing someone’s presence right on top of him and further away sensing a mix of emotions, especially the pain among both sides. And was that gunfire he was hearing in the distance? Perhaps this petty conflict would provide him with quite a grand buffet for him to pick and choose as he pleased. Rampage just needed to get moving first.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Aurora had a hard time keeping a straight face when she saw how guilty Rattrap looked at that moment, as if he'd been a sparkling caught misbehaving. Truthfully she wasn't mad, not at all, considering the fact she was just happy that Rattrap had returned safe and sound. And Optimus too, of course, albeit their leader seemed focused on making sure everything was cleared up before they left.
"I was just gettin' even for dat stunt you pulled with me danglin' from the ceiling. Yeah, remember that? You thought it was so funny."
For one of Rattrap's infamous excuses, that one was a bit.. tame. And frankly her joke on him had been hilarious! So she stuck her tongue out at him while pushing a few buttons on the small wrist band computer she wore at most times, including when she'd hung him out to dry from the ceiling. And just then the little screen on the bracelet lit up and started playing a short little video snippet of Rattrap getting hoisted up into the air and then remained squirming from the ceiling.

"Be nice, or I will make sure that this video proof displays on an endless loop on every monitor at the Axalon," she told him with a hint of mischievousness in her voice. Of course she wouldn't do that to him.. or would she? Maybe.. It did sound like quite a lot of fun after she had told him.

She quickly turned off the computer screen when they were joined by Rhinox and Optimus, not wanting to embarrass Rattrap. Or rather she wanted to savor that moment for later, when they were all safe and sound back at the Axalon.
"You don't have to stay here with them,"
Well.. that much was a relief! It was true they still had a truce with the Predacons, but she still didn't trust them. Those maniacs would no doubt turn on them the second Megatron saw it beneficial to do so. Aurora nodded to show she understood.

"But can't we just go home now..?," she then requested before glancing wearily at the burning remnants of the Viper. She really just wanted them all to retreat before anything else happened. If the Predacons wanted to waste their time by scrounging through the wreckage, then let them. There really didn't seem to be anything worth salvaging in there, and Aurora was getting increasingly nervous that the Predacons would turn on them at any moment. She tried to remain calm and confident, of course, but wasn't entirely successful. They'd already lost one comrade today, she didn't want to deal with the loss of another.
"But steer clear of the Viper's crash site. We have no idea where Zodiac might be if he survived."
Her optics drifted to the crash site again. Could anyone truly have survived something like that? The once so magnificent ship was a mess.
"Good idea. We'll be back,"
Aurora gave a slight wave as they left her and Wintersong behind. Well, at least she wasn't by herself near all these unpredictable Predacons, although she didn't want Wintersong to end up having to fight them off either. The poor taller fuzor had been through enough at the hands of the Vok. .. If they had hands, that is.. Tentacles?

"Just make sure you all make it back in one piece!," the little fuzor called after them, sounding almost a bit indignant that she was being left behind. Even if it was for her own protection.

And then the shooting commenced, resulting in Aurora looking over at the other female.

"I hate being right all the time," she muttered.
"Why, are you worried?"
The renegade shot Primal a glare following that comment. "Are you sure the Viper didn't crash on your head?," he mumbled as way of response, indicating that Primal had clearly lost his mind or at the very least had a few screws loose. Indeed, Optimus was taking this situation entirely too lightly. They both knew that Megatron was relentless in his pursuit of what he wanted. He quickly directed his attention back to their attackers, though, firing several times at both Terrorsaur and Megatron in turn after the pteradactyl dropped out of the sky.

Before that happened, however, Terrorsaur had rained shots down upon the two unlikely allies. But to the renegade's surprise, it was Primal that took it upon himself to step in front of the shots while swinging his clubs, doing a fairly impressive job of blocking the incoming fire this way. Meanwhile Megatron had taken the opportunity to make a run for it, temporarily disappearing from sight as he did. Zodiac kept shooting at their attackers every time they came into view.
.”Optimus did say we could move away from those two.”
Aurora watched Wintersong gesturing the two Predacons, certainly not offering any objections to putting some more distance between them. Oddly the larger female seemed exactly as she remembered her, despite her ordeal with the Vok. Perhaps they hadn't messed as much with her head as the fuzor initially feared..?

"All right.. There's some shelter over there," she nodded in the general direction of some larger rocky formation, "Unless you think we should lend a hand..?"

True, Optimus had specifically told the two females not to. But he was also surrounded and in potential danger right now. The Maximals were a family, and didn't families protect each other?
“Tell you what kid, we won’t engage the Predacons right away, we’ll only move close enough to see the Predacons start being able to make your new fashion statement a hit, but if it looks bad we’ll make our move.”
The ermine fuzor nodded, not objecting to that idea at all. Of course she knew what the other female meant by her words, or at least she thought she did, but this was one time the fuzor wasn't quite sure what the right course of action was. Her head was telling her to heed Primal's order, but her spark was telling her to help them end this conflict as quickly as possible.
“But we got to move fast, the ant could give us away.”
"I still got a couple of tranquilizers," Aurora said before realizing she didn't have them anymore, as she'd given them to Rattrap. "Never mind. Yeah, you're right." She hurried as quickly as her legs would carry her.

Their approach towards the battlefield got cut short as laser fire from above suddenly halted them in their tracks. Aurora squinted her green optics to see their attacker who was partially obscured by the sunlight, only to gasp as she realized it was Terrorsaur. "Come on, we need to hurry," she urged Wintersong and tugged slightly at her hand as to pull her in the direction of some nearby debris they could use for shelter. From there they would be able to mount their own sneak attack on the Predacon.

Meanwhile Nemesis had been trailing Zodiac, who had been seeking shelter near Optimus. This only proved to her that Zodiac, invulnerable as he seemed at times, had indeed suffered some damage during the fire and subsequent crash, and as such he was in a vulnerable state. Which suited her just fine.

She'd been stalking him while flying low to the ground, only to stop in her tracks when the sound of machine fire hitting the ground near her followed by a voice caught her attention. The shots whizzed by her, a few narrowly avoiding her wings and abdomen. Fortunately the one firing them didn't seem to be actively trying to harm her just yet.
“Don’t you have better plans for the evening than seeking death, Predacon.”
Growling at her attacker, she immediately trained her own weapon at him as well. Yet she took the time to aim properly before pulling the trigger.

"I'm not that easy to kill," she called back, "But perhaps you should heed your own warning."

She then fired her weapon at Tigerhawk repeatedly, hoping to blast the annoying fuzor out of the sky before he could cause any actual harm.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC: Sorry for the delay. I've been preparing for a very busy weekend, and I still have lots to do, so this might be a little rushed, but I won't have another opportunity to post until Sunday night or Monday. If it gets weird in some parts, I blame the fatigue. My eyes are trying to close on me. :lol: ))
"Be nice, or I will make sure that this video proof displays on an endless loop on every monitor at the Axalon,"
HIM be nice?! HIM?! She was the one who had him dangling from the ceiling like a puppet in his own quarters! On the other hand, instead of biting back at Aurora whether she was joking or not, Rattrap commended her by saying, "Blackmailing me, eh? I've taught you well, young Fuzor." And he smirked as he unfolded his arms.
"Just make sure you all make it back in one piece!,"
Optimus had looked back over his shoulder at Aurora and Wintersong with a small smile, while Rattrap nodded and waved and Rhinox followed them after gently patting Aurora's shoulder with his large hand and smiling lightly to Wintersong.

-----

Inferno's eagerness to burn something or someone had to be suppressed quite a bit, especially when the two Maximal females started to move away from him and toward the crash site, leaving him alone with the crab. He almost called out to them perhaps as a way to entice them to stay, but he fell short. It wasn't that he was afraid, but if he needed help subduing the larger bot again, it would have been better to have them present even if they were worthless Maximals. In any case, he was soon interrupted by Rampage starting to move and make noises.

"Do not move, crab!" the fire ant threatened him. "I will fire!" His finger lingered on trigger of his gun with the barrel of it just inches away from the back of his neck as he laid there.
"Are you sure the Viper didn't crash on your head?,"
"I'm certain you wish it had," Optimus tossed back at Zodiac with a tone that was difficult to distinguish if he was speaking more seriously now or still showing a gleam of humor. Of course, had he died and Megatron lived, well, Zodiac would probably be dead by now.

Elsewhere, just on the other side of the wreckage in the shallow crater, Rhinox kept focusing his fire power above Quickstrike. Every so often he'd fire directly at him so he wouldn't get suspicious and look up, but eventually, after all of their exchanging gunfire, a huge piece of the Viper finally broke free from Rhinox's rounds of bullets tearing at it, and it toppled onto the Predacon Fuzor crushing him underneath it. "That should hold him down for a while," the engineer said out loud to himself as his gun cooled down and stopped spinning. Then he noticed Terrorsaur breaking away from the fray and flying toward his direction. Little did he know that Aurora and Wintersong had ventured closer to the battle, but once he saw the Predacon flier firing his optic lasers near his location, he immediately lifted his chain gun of doom and started firing at him in the air. His bullets would probably miss since it was not a precise weapon, especially against someone as nibble and agile in the air as Terrorsaur, but then again the TransMetal 'dactyl was distracted, so he might make a dent on his plans whoever he was targeting on the ground out of the rhinoceros's view.

Stopping his onslaught of bullets with empty shell casings scattered about his feet on the dirt, Rhinox ran off to change his position and look for Rattrap and Optimus. He spotted Tigerhawk not far from the rest of the gunfire, but he seemed to be managing on his own whoever he was against, so he continued on his course.

One of the plasma shots that ricocheted off of Primal's club hammered Megatron in his knee, and he collapsed in anguish as his leg gave out from under him. Struck by his own ammunition! Curse you, Primal!

Ever the opportunist, Optimus halted his approach on the dictator and quickly exchanged his clubs for the lightning gun that he had stored in his subspace prior to leaving the Axalon earlier. Then he took aim.

Rattrap also kept Aurora's weapon trained on Megatron's back, and he was about to pull the trigger as he saw the perfect chance to not miss the Predacon leader until he heard Spineback speaking from somewhere behind him, alerting him that she knew where he was and that he probably didn't have time to escape whatever she was going to do...
“I’ll give you this much rodent, you make the hunt rather fun in the midst of battle. Annoying as you are, it’s been worth it.” “Now join the countless others in the burning pits of the Inferno.”
Freezing in his spot, he only used his optics to search for an escape so she wouldn't see his head turning in any specific direction until the last second. Hearing her fire her missiles, he leaped to the side to avoid most of the fiery power that incinerated the debris and charred the ground, but some of it still hit him and blew him across the earth, tumbling and rolling about helplessly before he finally came to a stop.

Optimus had witnessed this the large, bright explosion nearly engulfing Rattrap and watched him get blasted across the terrain beyond Megatron who was kneeling in front of him. "Rattrap!" he called to him, naturally concerned for his smart-mouth Spy.

That's when Megatron grabbed the chance to caught his foe off guard. He lifted his tail gun in a quick motion from his kneel, and fired two shots at the Maximal leader.

Gasping upon the first one narrowly missing his arm as it returned his attention back to his nemesis, the second shot hit him right in his shoulder and blew him back, causing him to stumble and awkwardly lose his balance while trying to keep the gun in his grasp.

Meanwhile, Rhinox followed the explosions from Spineback's missiles and came up behind her. Glaring at what she had just done to his shorter friend and not knowing if he was alright or not, he targeted her with his chain gun and rhetorically asked her, "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" just before he unleashed a barrage of his chain gun's bullets onto her. It was a shame that they were just working together to bring down Rampage, and now they found themselves battling each other.

Rattrap slowly started coming to while Optimus's hand searched for the gun that he thought was closer in his reach without looking for it with his optics. And by that time, Megatron had already gotten to his feet and was targeting Optimus again although he was clearly in pain. He was far more damaged than Primal was by this point and his weapon's ammunition had been depleted fairly well after firing so much at him and Zodiac. Megatron slowly approached him with a limp.

Optimus, still more worried for Rattrap than himself in his current predicament, had no choice but to stay where he was. He sat up with the help of his hands planted on the ground to prop up his upper body, the lightning gun still out of his reach.

"So, this is what it has all come down to. A pity. I expected more from you, the great Optimus Primal. I am going to thoroughly enjoy this thrashing that I will bestow upon you," Megatron grinned slightly as he moved closer to the ape.

"Just remember, Megatron, I saved your life. Twice now by my count," Optimus tried stalling him as he very slowly and subtly nudged his body toward the gun.

"Twice? Ha ha ha ha! If you are referring to the first occasion with the fake moon, then I feel that I should clarify that I merely saved myself by using you." No credit to his efforts, no remorse, no compassion. He was bragging about how expendable the Maximal was and how he used him to his advantage just to get rid of him.

Well, Optimus supposed that he couldn't argue with Megatron's true intentions on the matter even though they differed from his own. And it didn't really matter because the Maximal was only trying to keep him distracted. "Still, you couldn't have done it without me. Then there's the bump on your head," he pointed out.

Megatron's smug smirking suddenly turned off, and his face evolved into a scowl while he took another step toward him. "You hit me from behind! Even for you, Primal, that was a low blow," he accused him.

"You've got to be kidding me," he returned with disbelief. "You think I hit you?! A pipe was dislodged from the ceiling in the explosions and slammed onto your head knocking you unconscious!" Optimus corrected him. "I dragged your body to the exit and got you out of there! Otherwise you would have gone down with the ship!"

"Gloating about your alleged selfless acts will get you no where, Optimus," Megatron chuckled as he took another step closer to him. He pretended that what he said couldn't possibly be true or accurate, but as much as he hated to admit, Primal's scenario made much more sense. But so what? Was he supposed to see him as a hero? His savior? He owed nothing to this Maximal! His actions were his decisions alone, and Megatron didn't have to be grateful for any of it! The ruthless Predacon lifted his tail gun up, a split second of the wider end of it blocking most of his vision, with the intention of backhanding the Maximal leader with it to knock him further onto the ground.

But that second was all Optimus needed to roll over onto his wounded shoulder, grab the lightning gun and take aim. "Yes, it will," he objected with a tiny smile tugging at one corner of his scarred mouth before he fired the weapon directly at his chest.

Megatron's expression of surprise said it all just before he felt the electricity traveling throughout his body. He cried out in pain as he dropped his tail gun and completely fell over knocked out.

(( OOC: I think that's all I have for now at midnight. I really must crawl into bed... zzzZZZZZ ))
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

((I'm still here Phoenix, last couple of days have just been busy. I've been trying to work on my thesis stuff so I've been drawn away for a bit with that, though I may be somewhat slow in my responses this coming week. But I plan on getting a post up tonight.))

So much for them getting close to the battle field without getting noticed.

Wintersong tensed slightly as Terrorsaur rained his optic lasers near them, figuring all the Predacons would have their attention on their friends but it seemed, as usual, the Transmetal flier had found something else to occupy him. But the taller femme felt the young fuzor tugging on her arm and for the time being focused on following the ermine towards some cover and get their bearings. "Well, that could have gone better." She muttered slightly, turning her head to listen for Terrorsaur while considering their present options.

"Could give beak face the old divide and conquer tactic." Wintersong suggested, offering her Energon Pistol to Aurora to use since she was presently without her tranquilizer gun while with her other arm she checked her wrist mounted mini missile launchers. They hadn't been used in weeks, but they still seemed functional...hopefully.

Meanwhile, Terrorsaur smirked slightly when seeing the two female Maximals taking cover, satisfied he might have cornered two of their weakest members right where he wanted them. As he got closer to their cover he failed to notice Rhinox approaching from behind, transforming as he got close enough to the ground to land safely without risking another free fall. "Come out, come out wherever you are little Maximals. This will only take a moment." He taunted, taking out his wing blades only to find himself being knocked forward by Rhinox's chain gun, tearing up his back.

Wincing from his now aching back, Terrosaur turned to face Rhinox, already finding the rhinoceros mech having moved on to the more heated part of the battle field. "Bigger target it is then." Fed up with being the sudden favored target in this little skirmish, the Transmetal flier seemed intent on taking out his growing rage on someone, and Rhinox was looking to be an even greater choice than his present choice of enemies.

Hearing this though, Wintersong decided it was now or never, motioning for Aurora to take the left side as she took the right. Moving around from their cover, Wintersong aimed her wrist launchers towards the distracted flier and opened fire.

Spineback squinted her optics against the bright explosion for a moment, moving closer and scanning the wreckage for the rodent. Considering the amount of fire power she had put behind that one attack she doubted he would come out unscathed even if he had somehow managed to avoid the worst of the blast. Now where was he...

However, the former Decepticon froze in her tracks as she heard Rhinox's voice, turning to find the large Maximal right behind her and having no time to react to his attack. Optics widening, she growled as she was forced back by the barrage of bullets, raising her shield arm to block some of the fire power which didn't help by much. Not paying attention to her surroundings though, the Predacon medic found herself tripping over some of the debris, grunting as she fell on her back. Shaking her head, Spineback turned over to move to one knee, "Now where's the fun in that?" She answered Rhinox, ignoring some of her sparking armor due to the damage.

Glancing back to see if Megatron had made any progress, the saurian femme saw the Predacon leader fall from an attack by Optimus causing her to narrow her optics. This fight may not be lasting much longer, "But we may have to square off another time, Rhinox." Spineback added, forcing herself to stand and raising her Plasma Shooter to fire towards the large Maximal, mostly trying to keep him back so she could get to Megatron, wondering where the rest of their forces had gone. "Nemesis, Megatron is down and our forces seemed to be thinning rather quickly down here." She commed towards the avian female, having not checked to see where Nemesis had gone in all the chaos.

Tigerhawk focused his machine gun fire on Nemesis, trying to be somewhat evasive of her return fire but several shots still made their mark. His shoulder, chest, and one of his wings were damaged in the process along with one of his machine guns being taken out, forcing him to not only break away from the attack but sending him out of the sky. "This is going to hurt." He muttered, bracing himself as he crashed into some of the smoldering debris of the Viper, groaning from the rough impact and turning over on his back. 'I have got to work on my evasive flying.'

Hearing Inferno above him, Rampage gave a low growl. Of course someone would be guarding him, much less going for the chance of a quick kill shot if necessary. That's if the ant was capable of killing him at all. That was one thing Rampage always pondered, if a conventional weapon would truly be capable of killing him so easily. Perhaps he could test that theory one day, but given his current state he wasn't so quick to do so now. "I would watch what I say insect, never know when the tables might turn." Rampage retorted with a dark chuckle, wanting more than anything to extract some revenge and get the other half of his spark back.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

"Blackmailing me, eh? I've taught you well, young Fuzor."
Aurora stuck her tongue out at the rat. Of course she hadn't been serious, or at least not overly so, about her blackmail. If anything she might just put the video up for the other Maximals to see regardless.. Because it was simply 'that' hilarious!
"Well, that could have gone better."
"We're not dead yet," the smaller fuzor replied as she tugged a little harder on the other female's arm to get her to hurry up a bit. Wintersong had just returned to them, so Aurora was certainly not going to let her perish in the wake of Predacons shooting at them. The little fuzor only wished she felt as confident as her words may have sounded.
"Could give beak face the old divide and conquer tactic."
Aurora was about to protest when the other female handed her the weapon, since this in turn would leave Wintersong more vulnerable to attack. Aurora still had her cross bow after all, albeit it wasn't the speediest weapon against a flyer such as Terrorsaur. So she hesitantly accepted the energy weapon, tilting her hand a bit to observe it better before using it to take aim at their attacker. She did so, however, while remaining hidden behind the still smoldering debris from the Viper, not wanting to give the Predacon hunter a clear shot.
"Come out, come out wherever you are little Maximals. This will only take a moment."
Yeah.. Well, the cocky red Predacon was forgetting one thing. He was the one out in the open, and it was a long way down for him should he get himself ambushed.
And right on cue, the sound of Rhinox' twin weapons ripped through the air.. and Terrorsaur's armor while at it. Aurora drew a silent sigh of relief as she turned her head to the other female.

"Sometimes I think these Preds set themselves up for these situations..," she mumbled, loud enough for the other female to hear.

The other female didn't seem content with letting Rhinox have all the fun, however, and motioned for her to provide cover fire as well. Aurora did as she asked, stepping out from her hiding spot while shooting Wintersong's weapon repeatedly at the red pteradactyl.

Meanwhile Nemesis was occupied in her own battle with the larger male Maximal fuzor. She had managed to avoid the first burst of shots he fired at her, whether from her own luck or from some small mercy he had decided to show her, but after she started firing back at him his aim had improved considerably. Several shots from the next round hit their target on her, scorching her wings, abdomen, and just below the right knee. She winced and was forced to drop to the ground, which fortunately wasn't far as she'd only been hovering a few feet in the air, thus temporarily losing sight of her opponent. Judging by the lack of return fire, however, it would appear that her foe was otherwise distracted.. Or her shots at him had hit their mark and had forced a retreat.

As she stood there, sloped over from clenching the wound under her knee while her nanomachines went to work on fixing that one as well as her other wounds, she received a comlink message from their female medic.
"Nemesis, Megatron is down and our forces seemed to be thinning rather quickly down here."
Well.. ugh. Nemesis sighed and grimaced a bit from the pain as she forced herself to stand straight again, her wounds mostly healed already.

"All right, I'm coming. Stay with him," she told the other female. It seemed this was a battle where they wouldn't achieve much more. At least Megatron had already obtained the spark and the golden disk, she'd seen him do that earlier.

She then traced Megatron's signal to its origin, flapping her wings to gain some altitude so that she could get there faster.
"I'm certain you wish it had,"
Zodiac merely gave a slight shrug of his shoulders. Primal wasn't too far off in his assessment of the situation. Of course ideally Primal's death wouldn't have come at the cost of him losing the Viper. He would have to come up with some form of revenge for that later, when he wasn't at such a disadvantage.

"I'm sure I can come up with a number of inventive ways for you to die.. When it suits me," he said, following up with an ever so slight smile that didn't really reveal if he was kidding or not. Alas that time wasn't now. Not yet. Not while they were still under attack by the Predacons and frankly Optimus was the only one standing in their path to get to the renegade.

"Don't fret, Optimus, you're actually proving quite useful. I must admit I never anticipated being in this situation."

His words sounded genuine enough and in a way they were. There was almost a sense of gratefulness in them as well, almost.. And while the renegade was dependent on Primal's cooperation, and some small part of him was a bit thankful to him for providing just that, there was still a lot of built up resentment within him.. both for their past history where Zodiac blamed Nexus and Optimus alike for his capture and experimentation, but also the much more recent destruction of the Viper. Zodiac was willing to feign cooperation to increase his own chances, but he certainly hadn't forgotten what Primal had done..

A moment later the Maximal leader was preoccupied with dealing the final blows to the wounded Megatron, obviously hoping to end this battle. Zodiac took the opportunity to look around, trying to locate some fuel for his nanomachines so that he could recover his own strength. The section of the ship that he had first woken up in had been too damaged by the impact and the raging fire, but to his luck he did notice a smaller, relatively speaking, piece of debris close by that must have broken off from the main hull before the remainder of the ship had perished.

The renegade scanned the metallic debris with his optics prior to making his move, finding it to be blissfully free of ash and signs of burn damage. It looked like it was part of an engine and wing section, the metal still seemingly intact. After making sure Primal and his cohorts were otherwise preoccupied, Zodiac started making his way closer to the wreckage. He still had a pronounced limp and wasn't able to move as quickly as he normally wound, but he still made it.. one unsteady step at the time.

Once there, he took a last glance behind him to make sure the Maximals weren't watching him. He didn't see anyone, so he then slipped behind the cover of the debris. He then placed his hand on its surface, letting the nanomachines melt through the metal and devour it. The taste it left him with left something to be desired, but at least it provided him with some much needed nutrients for his nanomachines. As the material at his fingertips transitioned into a blue mist, more and more of his nanomachines started waking up to feast. He let them. And soon all that remained of the section he was feeding on was a thin layer to continue shielding him from the view of the others.

His hand sparkled with energy as he finally retracted it, taking a deep breath as he turned his focus to telling the nanomachines to leave his armor looking injured. He then pulled out the weapon Primal had let him have and pretended to still have a limp as he emerged from his hiding spot, making his way back in the direction he'd come from before Primal sent a search party out for him. On the way he fired a few random shots at passing Predacons to make it seem as if he'd merely looked for better cover during the battle.

Up ahead he could see a figure on the ground, immediately recognizing it as being Megatron. And at his side were two of his more loyal warriors, Spineback and Nemesis, the latter of which seemed to be in the process of lifting the tyrant to try to bring him away from the battlefield. Zodiac smiled slightly to himself and took aim with Primal's weapons, firing a few shots in their general direction to encourage them to speed up the process of what they were doing.. And perhaps even hurting them a bit while at it.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"Bigger target it is then."
Rhinox had heard Terrorsaur's sour voice say that, but he kept moving away from him and toward Rattrap. Interestingly enough, the Predacon flier never fulfilled his intentions. Maybe someone else had shot him down or grabbed his attention?

Coughing a little from the dust and debris particles floating in the air after Spineback's missiles, Rattrap slowly pushed himself up off of the ground. His shiny, TransMetal paint and armor were scorched, scratched and covered in tiny dents. He was a bit achy and his sensitive audio sensors were ringing, but he managed to pull himself together and notice Rhinox and the female Predacon confronting each other.
"Now where's the fun in that?"
The Maximal engineer halted his gunfire to give Spineback a chance to retreat or surrender, and so he could hear her when she spoke to him. His red optics narrowed at her comment while he considered making things fair and she probably saw more sport in the idea of attacking someone so much smaller than her and overpowering him. Of course, Rattrap was resourceful and full of tricks, so he was still a threat to someone as tall as Spineback and even as powerful as someone like Megatron. But the rodent was his friend, and Rhinox had to protect him when the odds may have been against him.
"But we may have to square off another time, Rhinox."
Rhinox followed her glance to Megatron and Optimus who were a bit further away from them. She seemed to have some concern for her leader's well being, so she retreated from their little battle and hurried off to support Megatron. This gave Big Green the opportunity to make sure the Maximal Spy was okay. Walking over to him while lowering his large weapon to his side, he asked, "Are you all right, Rattrap?"

Gradually getting to his feet after grabbing the tranquilizer gun, the rat replied, "Eh, it coulda been worse."

The rhinoceros studied his shorter friend for a moment while he surveyed his wounds visually, but he felt he was good enough to continue on in case the others needed their assistance yet. "We better see to everyone else and offer them help. Although by the looks of it, the Predacons might be retreating soon."

"I sure hope so. I'm gettin' tired of this day," he whined before he looked over where Spineback had hurried off to.

The crash from the larger Maximal Fuzor caught Rhinox's attention, and he gasped. "Tigerhawk! Rattrap, go to Optimus. I'm going to check on Tigerhawk."

Rattrap nodded and jogged off toward the group that was beginning to crowd Primal, Zodiac and Megatron while the Maximals' chief medical officer hurried to the tiger/hawk with his loud and heavy footsteps. "Tigerhawk!" he called to him, climbing around the Viper's wreckage to reach him.
"I'm sure I can come up with a number of inventive ways for you to die.. When it suits me,"
Optimus had glanced at Zodiac for that remark, but he was unable to distinguish his sincerity or humor behind it. Past experiences told him to be cautious and take it seriously, but ever the optimist inside of him wanted there to be hope that Zodiac could forgive him and move on with his life instead of forever seeking revenge.
"Don't fret, Optimus, you're actually proving quite useful. I must admit I never anticipated being in this situation."
The Maximal Commander had to take his compliment with a grain of salt. After all, it was likely that Zodiac was just using this entire situation to his advantage in order to save his own hide and then turn around and stab Optimus in the chest. Nevertheless, they actually seemed to work well together when it came down to watching each other's backs. Well, the same could be said when Optimus was working with Megatron as well against Zodiac. If only those two weren't so bent on conquering the universe and taking so many lives...

Watching Spineback and Nemesis approach to assist Megatron, Optimus receded to give them space and opted not to continue using the lightning gun even though he was still targeting them. Zodiac, on the other hand, felt it necessary to keep the pressure on the Predacons and force them to retreat with his own weapon as he seemingly came Primal's aid in his own limp.

Megatron's body twitched as his internal systems tried repairing the electrocution that his body had just endured. He groaned a little while his consciousness came in and out, but he wasn't fully aware of his surroundings. He knew he couldn't take much more damage, and since he had reacquired Rampage's spliced spark and the golden disk, it would have been wise to leave the Maximals be and head back to base for repairs. "Predacons...," he struggled to speak coherently in a weakened voice with Nemesis and Spineback next to him and across all Predacon frequencies, "...retreat." Zodiac had already nearly killed him once that day, and even though he wouldn't be able to murder him as much as he had hoped, he couldn't leave himself vulnerable to it happening again. Unfortunately, leaving the shape shifter with the Maximals probably meant that it would be even more difficult to make an attempt on his life next time, but such was his current predicament.

"You alright, Optimus?" Rattrap asked him while deliberately failing to see if Zodiac was okay. He approached his commanding officer on the opposite side from the pretender as well, peering at him with extreme caution and prejudice every so often in case he was going to shoot him. As the Predacons appeared to be on the verge o retreating, he didn't pay as much attention to them as he did Zodiac. Besides, Optimus was watching the Preds fairly closely anyway.

"Yes," he answered despite his injured shoulder and abdomen. He glanced at Rattrap and took in his wounds and damaged armor, returning, "Are you?"

"Well, I'm alive. Rhinox is helpin' Tigerhawk."

Tigerhawk? He had been battling Terrorsaur and Nemesis the last he recalled. He hoped he hadnt' been terribly injured, but he was in good hands if Rhinox was already coming to his rescue. Turning his attention back to Nemesis and Spineback assisting Megatron, Primal told Zodiac, "Hold your fire. They're retreating." Then he opened his comm. link to his female comrades. "Aurora, Wintersong, the battle is over. Reconvene on my position."

Retreat? That was a word Inferno hated to hear from his Queen, but he would obey.
"I would watch what I say insect, never know when the tables might turn."
"I'm not afraid of you, crustacean. Get up. We're retreating." The ant thought he would try a verbal demand first before he would get physical with the crab. He also decided to give him a little more space, so he moved back a bit but kept his weapon trained on him.

Squashed under the rubble, Quickstrike managed to finally slide it off of himself and roll over dizzy and in pain. "Retreat, huh? Leaving so soon when that lousy rhinoceros cheated me out of a decent fight!" he complained angrily in his strong southern drawl as he got to his feet. Reverting to his beast mode, he started to make his way back to Inferno to make sure Rampage hadn't eaten the ant.