Want Optimus Primal to spearhead a new toyline?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Want Optimus Primal to spearhead a new toyline?

Unread post by Beastbot »

Hasbro is in the early stages of prepping for their next "series" of their collector-oriented toyline, Generations. Starting in early 2018, this line will be titled "Power of the Primes", and Hasbro is letting fans pick who will be the next Prime to take the matrix after G1 Optimus is no longer Prime for yet-to-be-revealed reasons.

The best news is, the "finalists" have been revealed by Hasbro, and Optimus Primal is among them! The winner will become the next Prime of all TFs, get a new toy, and will likely influence the direction of the line. So, if you want to show Hasbro we want more beast TFs, or if you just want Primal to lead more than a small troop of Maximals, be sure to vote for Optimus Primal daily on Transformers.com starting February 1st!

For some reason the board is blocking me from posting a direct link, but go to Transformers.com and look for a link to "Power of the Primes" voting!

The winner will be announced at Toyfair on February 18th.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

I have to confess, I did a bit of dancing in my kitchen this morning when I saw he won!
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

I am curious how this is going to affect the toyline. Considering that he was the only beast (except for possibly Deathsaurus, it was his silhouette in the "Unknown Evil" option), I doubt Hasbro intends to make "Power of the Primes" a beast-oriented line, but it might convince them to put in MORE beasts-- heck, they just updated their "Earth Wars" video game with biomechanical verisons of BW Megatron and Optimus Primal, and one of the fighters you can choose in their mobile "Forged to Fight" game is Rhinox.

I'm really curious to see how this will play out story-wise in the comics...
Last updated April 25th
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Speaking of the "Earth Wars" update, a video has been released of BW Megs and Primal battling it out. Megatron is clearly the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary "Cybertron" mold, but Primal is a completely new design... perhaps a sneak peak of his upcoming Leader class toy?

(The site won't let me post a link, check bwtf.com.)
Last updated April 25th
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

In one of the coolest SDCC exclusives I can remember (only the "Knights of Unicron" set gives this one a run for its money, IMO), one of the SDCC exclusives for this year will be a "Season 1-colored" Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus toy, complete with cardboard throne (that has the meshed-up faces of all the losers of the fan vote on it), large gold crown, gold mace w/ room in it for 4 Titan or Prime Masters, and 4 Prime Masters (Prima, Amalgamous, Nexus, and the 13th Prime/Last Autobot). He also has the "ring" behind the throne in plastic for placing other Prime Masters in it:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/02/sdcc ... ges-366498
Last updated April 25th
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

*drools*

Very pretty.... thanks for the update!
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~