New Years Resolution 2017

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

New Years Resolution 2017

Unread post by una »

Thank goodness 2016 is over because I don't know about you guys but this year has been rough. It's a new year, and I know a lot of people are doing resolutions or goals they want to accomplish for this year. Probably did a list all ready. :lol:

The only important goal I wish to do this year is being more productive and be more courteous in putting one step forward towards my dreams. 2016 has been a year where I realized I let fear and guilt of past mistakes paralyze me to the point of depression. A never ending cycle. Yuck. Also, I need to lighten up and laugh at myself from time to time. :P And stop perfectionism!!!! UGH! Terrible!

What are yours? :D
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

I didn't bother with any this year, I usually never stick to them. I only hold some optimism that maybe this might be the year I start getting my creative muse back far more than I have lately. I also hold some hope I can stick to my goals I have set in mind and that this year will be far better than what has gone on in recent years on my end, especially family wise.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Usually, I don't, but I decided to do them this year. And I know how hard it is to stick to these goals. Especially long-term ones then the short term. Ugh. Even I have problems with short term ones. Thanks to my attention span being that of a goldfish. Getting worse every year it seems. :roll: I know what you mean about the creative muse. My creative muse has been slowly waning over the last couple of years, and I don't want it to wane. As Jack London says, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it like a club." And I have been sitting on my butt and just sulking. :roll: I always been an all-or-nothing kind of person. Like if I can't finish something now, I won't. I tried to do that you know do things in chunks day by day. I tried that this year. Never could get it right because my mind is like: "You can't write all of it now? What is the point? You know you will forget it tomorrow if do you wait. Then you lose your place then your motivation. Oh? Want to outline it? Oh okay. You lost the idea. Oops." :evil: My brain is hell, sometimes. No, all the time. Yep. So I'm just not going to fight my brain. Well, not on everything, anyway. I realized how I am, and as much as I love to a pantser, I have to be a plotter. And stick to it. Crossing my fingers this year. No more daydreaming. Must take those dreams and turned them into reality.