Transmetal II Wintersong

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Transmetal II Wintersong

Unread post by Wintersong »

So, I never thought I'd make another attempt at my Transmetal kitty but...I felt the urge to draw and decided what the hell and gave it another shot, both beast mode and robot mode. Here are the results...

Wintersong's beast mode, and like before I went for the spiked look and made her look far more of that part organic, part metal look they usually have going on.

And her robot mode

So, as NK suggested a few years back I did get the chance to look at Ravage, Cheetor, and Tigatron in their transmetal forms respectively and I drew some big inspiration from Transmetal II Ravage for the beast form, mainly for ideas. The biggest problem I had though was definitely the head for the robot mode, it took me an hour alone to figure out what I wanted to do before I looked at Ravage and Cheetor and got some inspiration for it's design from there. So instead of the visor/face mask look I originally intended I went with this and kept the retractable visor, reversing the whole face mask to visor thing.

I again used mechanical pencil to draw out both and used some tutorials and drawings to help get most of the proportions right, which again still are far from perfect but far better than anything else I've done in the past. I colored these in mainly with Pastel Chalk Pencils, though initially though they were colored pencils, still I like these a bit more because they seem smoother though will take some getting use to. With it I used an additional silver colored Gel pen to give a chrome silver into some places, which I'm pretty happy that the angle I got these pictures shows that. Well, for most areas, some places didn't get it so it just looks like a lighter gray in other places.

Overall, I quite like how these turned out. I kept many elements of what I wanted before but with several alterations from the previous designs while keeping majority of her color scheme I intended for this form. And at the corner there is her Vok altered Maximal insignia since future plans have her becoming an emissary of sorts for them come Season 3 for the RPG, albeit for a short time. Still trying to decide what ability to do though, I wanted to display it in this but wasn't sure what to do. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it! :lol:
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Oooooooooo! I like it, Wintersong! :D
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

Thanks Una. :) And I just realized forgot one major change to her form, and that was the scar she got a while back. :roll: Oh well, least I'll remember it from now on.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising