Which TF RID Decepticon would you like to see as a Predacon?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Which TF RID Decepticon would you like to see as a Predacon?

Unread post by DarkSpark »

I've been bingewatching Transformers Robots in Disguise lately, and while its not perfect (Bumblebee as leader over Optimus? Bah! lol), I will admit its a much more enjoyable show than I originally expected it to be, and was surprised by how many beast based characters have been introduced into the series, from Dinobot Grimlock to Decepticons with beast modes or, oddly enough, robot modes with bestial traits despite possessing vehicular alt modes. So lately I've been thinking, which of these new deceptibeasts would be most fun to see reimagined as Predacons if there was ever another Beast Wars series? I was gonna run a poll for it, but for whatever reason the site was giving me trouble so I decided just to open up a topic for discussion instead XD

So yeah, the question I ask of all of you still stands, which beast based RID Decepticon would you most like to see as a Predacon someday? Personally, off the top of my head I'd choose...

1) Scowl, because who doesn't love the idea of a Dinobot gone bad? Plus he'd make good hired muscle for Megatron, & I like how such a ruthless, unashamedly cruel con sounds so damn friendly and fun loving XD

2) Filch, because a predacon pickpocket/hoarder with a creepy crow beast mode sounds awesome, plus she has a great robot mode design that is BARELY even utilized in her first & so far only episode appearance...She looks so sly & sneaky in bot mode and yet the episode just depicts her an oversized bird that repeats the word "shiny" over and over again ):

3) Steeljaw, I like this guy, seems like a smooth customer and the sort of fellow who'd get along well with Megatron, someone intelligent to talk to finally lol. BW Megatron suffered from a lack of intelligent/sane loyalists to watch his back, & I think Steeljaw could work well as a second in command for him. Yeah, I know Steeljaw is the decepticon leader in RID, but I think he'd ultimately find himself bowing to our favorite T-Rex tyrant lol.

So what do you guys think? :D
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I need to continue my watch of the series. LOL I lost my place. But yeah! I I actually would love to Steeljaw or Flich as a Predacon. Especailly, Flich. I really love her design. Also, her being a kleptomaniac could make up for some silly and interesting situations. :lol:
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Hmm..I'd say Steeljaw. He has an interesting personality.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

una wrote:I need to continue my watch of the series. LOL I lost my place. But yeah! I I actually would love to Steeljaw or Flich as a Predacon. Especailly, Flich. I really love her design. Also, her being a kleptomaniac could make up for some silly and interesting situations. :lol:

Yeah, I ignored the show for a long time too, mostly because of my contempt for how TFP ended & how Hasbro was trying to "pull a hotrod" with bumblebee...But it also doesn't help that it has a REALLY early time slot, gone are the days in which I would get up at 6:30 in the morning to watch a cartoon XD. I was bored during the week and caught up with the show online and its honestly not as bad as I thought it would be, not Beast Wars level good in my opinion but it has its moments and introduces a lot of cool new characters I'd like to see more of :3

Filch's kleptomania would be fun to see more of, especially if they gave her more of a personality to go with her stylish looking robot mode.

Phoenix wrote: Hmm..I'd say Steeljaw. He has an interesting personality.

Yeah, he has potential, like how he tries to be more friendly with his fellow cons most of the time except when they try his patience, and how he refers to them as "brothers" & "sisters," that's a nice touch. I think he'd gel well with Megatron given how they both fashion themselves patriots to their own kind. Maybe he'd make a good rival for Dinobot or Cheetor >;3

Oh! Also, it seems the show intends to introduce a new incarnation of Scorponok :D

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/4/4 ... 15_toy.jpg

http://static.seibertron.com/images/mis ... -ses21.jpg

I believe that's him in the screenshot from the new season (standing next to what appears to be a decepticon version of Princess Azula lol), hope so at least, looks better than the toy lol (though the toy has a cool beast mode design). Beast Wars Scorponok always looked so goofy, wished they had used his scarier looking mutant head design like they did with Waspinator, but this new face for him looks pretty menacing too. I hope they make him into more of a proper military commander this time around, been a while since there was a Scorponok who lived up to his G1 namesake.

Also, they recently introduced a decepticon version of Polarclaw, which doesn't really bother me since the maximal version of him never appeared in the TV series. The show really likes to utilize a wide variety of different animal types for the cons.