Happy 10th Anniversary BWINT!

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Sapphire wrote:It’s the 10th Anniversary of this particular forum, "The Intergalactic Highway". It's the 13th anniversary this year of BWINT overall. The first incarnation was called "Sapphire's Beast Wars and Formula 1 Site" (a personal website for my two passions) which I built either late 2001 or early 2002. Then it was relaunched as "Sapphire's Beast Wars Website" in September 2002 (which you can still see here: http://sapphire15.yoll.net/layoutthree.htm ) I finally moved it to bwint.net and rebranded it as Beast Wars International in November 2003. :D

So this place has a long history. It’s been around half of my life. I started the whole shebang when I was 15 years old and living in South Africa.
Ahhh, okay, that makes sense. I forgot that it was under a different title earlier.

And I know what you mean about looking back and being amazed at how long it's been. I don't have a forum or anything on my site, but I started mine in March 1999, when I was 15 1/2... and I'm 32 now, so yep, my site's been around for (a little more than) half my life, too.

(On a related note, I'm a fan of particular types of racing too, particularly Rally. Like, almost half of my video games are from racing series like GRID, Dirt, Need for Speed, etc. I can't say I watch it on TV a lot, but there's something about racing that appeals to me-- and I'm not just talking about the cars. Though they certainly help... I'm so glad TF4 gave us a Pagani Zonda Transformer, at long last...)

EDIT: And hey! We have the same number of posts now!
SilverfromOz wrote:As a write this I am besieged by a cute quartet of cheeky rodents. Two have just scuffled on my lap, another is industriously hiding her food under an impervious toilet roll and a third has just been returned into the play session after tight-roping across the room’s external barrier. If you’d said ten years ago I’d be a proud rat-daddy I… would probably have thought about it briefly and most likely agreed. Soo much has changed since the last time I was here. Soo much of it has its humble beginnings with this incredible forum and this amazing show.
Heh, you guys have rats as pets. Should've known. :D Though our pets would NOT get along with each other... me and my parents have a cat and two dachshunds, and dachshunds were literally made to catch mice & rats. We have no issues with unwanted rodents coming into our house, at least not for long...
The Crab wrote: So another gathering is something I'd jump on in a heartbeat! I miss everybody.
Ditto here-- unless it happened at a SUPER inconvenient/unlucky time monetarily, I'd definitely attend an eventual gathering of everyone as well.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Vampyerba

Unread post by Vampyerba »

10 years huh? Holy moly. It has been quite a few years since I have posted here myself, but I suspect that will change soon as I plan to re-watch Beast Wars in it's entirety with my now 11 year old son :) It has been a long time for me, and I do miss it! I still wear my Beast Wars tattoos rather proudly, and always cringe when people ask if my Blackarachnia tattoo is Bumblebee lol. Here's hoping I can reconnect with some old friends once more :)
"Even if I'm good, I'm still bad." - Blackarachnia
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Wicked Woman wrote:
Congratulations on your wedding, Nurann. I'm positive it'll be a wonderful day. :)
The Crab wrote:
P.S: SUPER CONGRATS NURANN! Hope you enjoy married life! :D
Thanks guys! <3 :D
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Blaze Raptor

Unread post by Blaze Raptor »

Congrats, Nurann!

Geez, I don't even know where to start...
For the past few days, I've been reading posts, combing through some of the old files I've kept and scavenger hunting the internet. And, I've been just staring at the screen struggling to get a coherent reply together.

I mean, I've been here since the beginning, The beginning. I think my brain just imploded. I'll be back when I finish gluing all the pieces back together...
"I knew coming here was a bad idea. I should have listened to my mother and become an accountant but, no, I had to become a Musha Gundam!"
- Cobramaru from SD Gundam after being annoyed by the Zakos from Zako Zako Hour.
Blaze Raptor

Unread post by Blaze Raptor »

*thinks she's still missing a few pieces but oh, well*

Let's see... (Old lady rant warning)

I had just started college back in the fall of 2001. I had been a BW fan since it first aired but it wasn't until then that I learned how to use internet (got to love AOL dial-up and those fax machine noises). And, of course, one of the first things I had to look up was Beast Wars. But, I was late. I found plenty of BW sites but a lot of them were dead or hadn't updated in a while. In January of 2002, I found Sapphire's Beast Wars and Formula 1 site from a link from Ivyna J Spyder's site. I liked her stories and saw that she had updated recently, so I decided tp sign the guestbook. And that's how it all began!

Hahaha. I remember we were using the guest book as a message board and had chats with that Bravenet thing! In a way, you could say that Beast Wars taught me the internet. I didn't know anything about using screen names or what "LOL" meant or anything. If I remember correctly, my first online chat was with Lady Venom. I finally chose a sn and spent most of my early active online years as SolarBlaze(HDW). I found other active forums too, especially the Beast Wars Comedy and Fanfiction message board (spent a lot of time there. Even had another alias ChAoS)

It was a lot of crazy fun and I'll never forget all the tea parties, trips, holidays and adventures. And, when we went to BWInt, the site just exploded. It's amazing how many BW fans there have been here and how many are still around.

I'll be a Beast Wars fan for a long time. A Dinobot fan forever!

Another BWInt gather sounds like a great idea and I hope there really will be a chance I'll get to meet you guys for real in the future.

Either way, thanks guys for being such an awesome community!
"I knew coming here was a bad idea. I should have listened to my mother and become an accountant but, no, I had to become a Musha Gundam!"
- Cobramaru from SD Gundam after being annoyed by the Zakos from Zako Zako Hour.
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

Well, I'm late to the party, but then again, I always was :P.

Of all the people that welcomed me back then, only OOP is still around.

I only ever did wind up attending one convention but I still remember it fondly, even if it has been rendered a blur of fun times and fun people by ten years of time. I think the most valuable thing I got from that con was the friendships that were forged back then and on here, and I can say without a doubt that my life would have definitely been different if I'd never half-remembered Beast Wars from my youth, checked it out, and then wandered here to discuss it.

A lot may have changed in the intervening years, but one thing has remained the same.

I still have a tendency to babble, and it still feels good to be here.