"More Than Meets The Eye: Part III"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Rattrap wrote:Yeah, 'Slider, could you an' Cheetor cut off Blackarachnia? Sentinel seems to be havin' a tough time stoppin' her. Not to mention Nemesis is givin' her a helpin' hand,"

Landslide responded Alright. he then changed the channel to Cheetor's com sidestepped out of Saberfang's room noticing Blackarachnia and Nemesis down the hall. Cheetor, I need you in the hall when you can! he then pulled the shield off his back, his right arm's electro laser flipping out as he aimed at Blackarachnia, then fired off a lightning blast at her.

Nemesis wrote:"Tarantulas sent her to obtain the cure," "She's headed to the lab for a sample," "Don't waste your time going there. It's what the Maximals are expecting. Instead why don't you go to the source for the cure?""The little fuzor, Aurora.. She created the cure. The Maximals are so focused on what's been going on, they will not expect an attack on one of their own."

Umbra gave a short nod towards Nemesis Makes sense, though it'll pose some difficulty with my illness.. but I'll find a way around it.. I can't allow someone so.. important to be infected.

Umbra shifted slightly as one of his tentacles moved one of his sheathed swords behind the back of his head as a shot slammed into the scabboard of the blade, Umbra glanced behind him looking towards Cheetor stepping out from the Engine room's hall way.

What the.. Do you have optics in the back of your head?! Cheetor shouted with frustration, his arms brought together as he fired again, the sword scarboard brought down in swift movement as it blocks the laser again.

Something like that.. Not bad, but you transmetals seem to have issues making alot of noise when you walk. Might want to look into that. Umbra smirks as Cheetor then rushes towards him, one of his lower tentacles flicks a throwing blade from a low ground angle into Cheetor's stomach, the blade exploding on impact sending him back into the hallway wall.

Umbra looked towards Nemesis I'll keep the maximals busy..But I can't allow them to be sick either..

Cheetor stumbles off from the wall holding his stomach.
Mystrea

Unread post by Mystrea »

Ironclaw walked into the brig as the criminal, not the guard. It stung him to the core, allowing this mockery of justice to take place. To think that he was being falsely accused of attacking that old man or who ever he was. Nothing smelt right about him and recent events made the badger all the more sure that he was the shapeshifter. Poisoning the the team from the inside, this deceiver had picked well. It did not look like the rest of the Maximals would go against him, even the most important one of all. He would have to find a way clear his name, it would be difficult considering the team's current perception of him. He appreciated that Wintersong was here fighting his corner. The only one on his side. Despite him pushing her away she stayed, he had a feeling that he would need to make it up to her some day.

Before Banshee said anything Ironclaw turned to look at his female companion and gave her a thoughtful look. However it was ruined when the she bat spoke, dismissing Wintersong entirely. 'Patience'?!? Who did she think she was? Did it even matter? She would sit there and dawdle while there was a potential crisis on the Axalon. That's all the badger cared about, securing his current home.

Then the question came. The question he didn't want to answer, regarding his whereabouts during the incident. He knew if he was to clear his name he couldn't take it back and it could leave Wintersong vulnerable because of him. What if Banshee was the shapeshifter? He couldn't be sure. Ironclaw gave the white tigress on last desperate look then fixed a scowl to his face the minute he locked eyes with the so called psychologist. "I was with Wintersong the whole time" he said in a low tone.

An explosion in the Axalon woke him up from his staring competition. Something was wrong and he felt useless sat here. He looked down at his restraints again, he could probably free himself quite easily. And the badger would be able to over power the she bat, thats if she even attempted to stop him. Ironclaw balled his hands into fists, ready to make a move.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Whitegrazer felt a painful ping inside her own spark, her hand gripping the area. All she could hear and feel was the echoes of Aurora's screams. Aurora. There was a flash in her mind of the young one being tormented and prodded. Her face was in horror of the flash she seen. It looked like from what she saw in that split second was the young one inside a place that was black yet glowed with a violent red aura. It had to be the volcano... the area where the Darksyde was located. No... No! She needed... She needed to find Aurora. She was in danger. She could feel it. Just like the time the young one sneaked away from Tigratron and her when they were checking a stasis pod, which happened to be blank, and she witnessed the aftermath of a short yet brutal battle between Nemesis and the young one.

She was trying to ignore the pain when she noticed Aurora coming towards them quickly.

It was then she felt another pain. It felt like someone was sticking a needle inside her spark. She saw bodies. Dead bodies. Some were scratched to death. Some holding their hands on their head with rifle burns lacing their entire structures. Do not let them get the cure. I see your thoughts, student. I see what you want to do. If the Predacons get the cure, they will be strong again. But what if we didn't give them the cure? What if we let them kill each other, slaughter each other? The war would be over. You will still have to deal with the shapeshifter and his minions, but your Maximals would outnumber them. I saw the flash too. For the safety of others, for Optimus, I need you to let go. It would be tragic. But it would be better for everyone. No, you are trying to get us to get the disks. You are suggesting that I let Aurora be taken...? Just for those disks? If I do that... I will never forgive myself, especially since I caused her enough pain already. I can't allow Aurora to be taken. I thought you called yourself a Maximal? I'm trying to save lives. I thought the Maximal philosophy was that of a greater whole, not the individual like Predacon philosophy? Are you calling me selfish? Yes. Than I am selfish. I'm selfish because I don't want her to go through what Optimus and many others went through. I'm selfish because I don't want to see another life, another good soul torn apart. Then you not only weaken yourself... you weaken her. To have come so far, and learned nothing. I learned compassion, mercy- You learned nothing.

"Aurora," she said it like she was far away until she shook her head, "Aurora." She smiled warmly towards the little one. She was really happy to see Aurora back on her feet, "I'm glad you are well." She opened her mouth to say something when she realized that Aurora was in a hurry for a good reason, "I shouldn't keep you, but would it be okay if I come with you?"
DarkSpark wrote:"Well hurry up! Things are getting dicey over here, and if I meet my end this day you'd better believe I'll drag your psyche kicking and screaming down to the Pit with me!"
Blackarachnia sneered, gritting her teeth, "Shut up! You don't think I don't got problems of my own!" There were still autoguns, trying to neutralize her then she saw that Maximal beetle fire a lightning bolt, which hit her side. She let out a grunt of pain. She limped, destroying one of the autoguns before she entered the medical bay. The power was on, but now, she knew what she was looking for. Her crossbow aimed at Rhinox, threatening, "Don't move..." Her optics glanced over at Optimus's body, "Or I will kill him." She glanced back towards where she should see the cure, but what she saw was an empty space, "Where is it?" All she wanted was the cure. Once she got that, she would do what she must to get out of the Axalon... alive. She had no interest in angering any of the Maximals than they seemed to be. She enjoyed the excitement, but now, it felt tedious and she just wanted to get back to forming some sort of plan for the information she gained from Megatron's back up files she downloaded.

"I will have to say," she kept her optics sharp. "Most people would have just given up, but it would be a shame if I undid all the hard work you done." She was inching closer towards Rhinox and Optimus. She was wondering where it could be... Where?! "You have it, don't you, " she gritted her teeth, holding her side with her other hand, "Give it to me now."
Last edited by una on Tue May 05, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: No worries, DarkSpark. Thanks for the heads up. I know that circumstance all too well. I hope it works soon for you.

I'm just posting for Rhinox to keep his and BA's interaction going before they're going to be inevitably interrupted. :lol: ))

The gunfire was getting closer, Rhinox could hear it, but he didn't stop working. Suddenly, the Predacon that had started all this trouble barged into the medical bay with an apparent limp. He looked at her with a glare, taking mental note of her injury.
"Don't move..." "Or I will kill him."
At first, Rhinox remained still with his hands holding the tools slightly above the hand he was working on with Optimus so he could observe her behavior with her weapon and figure out what she was after.
"Where is it?"
Where was what? he thoughtfully inquired, raising an innocent gold brow at her. His crimson optics followed her gaze to the spot that once occupied the flask with the cure and he put everything together. Quickly, he started to think of ways to delay her and distract her.
"I will have to say," "Most people would have just given up, but it would be a shame if I undid all the hard work you done."
That's not going to happen, the rhinoceros firmly said to himself while he watched Blackarachnia slowly step closer toward him and the unconscious gorilla.
"You have it, don't you, " "Give it to me now."
"I presume you're referring to the flask that was on this table earlier," Rhinox gestured carefully where the cure had been sitting prior to her showing back up in the infirmary just now with her lack of detail and description of what she sought. She obviously knew it was there before, so there was no point in denying that it existed or else it would make him look more suspicious. But he also avoided admitting what exactly it was. "No, I don't have it," he corrected her, lying convincingly as he ignored her hostile notions and casually went back to work on his vulnerable commanding officer. Whether or not there was a new intruder in the base, although it was suggested by Rattrap's previous announcement to everyone that there was, he decided to use that information to his advantage, even if it was just to stall her. Maybe she knew about the other intruder, or maybe she didn't. Either way, the information he was going to use to bluff could throw her off. "As a matter of fact, your partner was already in here, threatening me the same way you are now, and took it. So I suggest you take it up with him before the rest of the Maximals arrive and dissect you with their weapons for trespassing." He never bothered to spare a glance at her while he spoke, concentrating his hand movements on repairing his old friend. He had every confidence that his comrades were on their way, following her signature thanks to Sentinel. There was no other way out of the room for her once they would crowd the entrance she came in at unless she took to the ventilation system again. But she would only have seconds to spare. Any Maximals that showed up and found her there threatening him and Primal wouldn't hesitate to shoot, and she'd have no time to react with her back to the exit. Not to mention she was already damaged. The odds were against her. He didn't under estimate her intelligence, and she shouldn't underestimate his either. She was faster and more agile, but he was stronger and heavier. He weighed the comparisons between them should she attack, but more importantly, he was prepared to take a cyber venom shot for Optimus.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Makes sense, though it'll pose some difficulty with my illness.. but I'll find a way around it.. I can't allow someone so.. important to be infected.
Nemesis snorted slightly at that. Umbra actually held such an insignificant Maximal in high regards? Beyond assisting her Predacon brethren with their ailment, the avian female saw no use for someone too weak to pose much of a threat.

"Lest you forget.. Being infected could persuade the fuzor to duplicate the process of developing a cure faster, as I'm sure she would require some persuasion to come to the Predacons' aid," she told the male ninja, dismissing his doubts entirely. She was about to continue when they were interrupted by the transmetal feline she'd come to know as Cheetor. Nemesis did not wish to engage him at this time, realizing such a move would make it impossible for her to complete her mission among the Maximals. Yes, she planned to return to the Predacons, but only after she knew for certain that Megatron wouldn't slay her upon arrival at the Darksyde. So only after she knew for certain that the Predacons had been cured and that she had been given credit for her part.

So she swiftly stepped into the shadows, out of Cheetor's view, letting Umbra deal with their nosy spectator. And so he did, both swiftly and seemingly effortlessly. Especially for someone who'd already been infected with the virus.
I'll keep the maximals busy..But I can't allow them to be sick either..
The female sighed, realizing just how strong that code of ethics that Umbra followed was. Well.. At least that made him unlikely to betray her, something she couldn't tell for certain with the female arachnid. She didn't say anything, merely nodded to Umbra before disappearing down the hallway. Despite the cephalopod's claim, her movements were as quiet and swift as ever, despite also having been upgraded to a transmetalized version.
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu May 07, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Blackarachnia wrote:"Most people would have just given up, but it would be a shame if I undid all the hard work you done." "You have it, don't you,""Give it to me now."

Rhinox wrote:"I presume you're referring to the flask that was on this table earlier," "No, I don't have it," "As a matter of fact, your partner was already in here, threatening me the same way you are now, and took it. So I suggest you take it up with him before the rest of the Maximals arrive and dissect you with their weapons for trespassing."

Landslide overheard the conversation as he came closer to the Medical bay, turning the corner into the room with his weapon drawn, he aimed down towards Blackarachnia without saying a word, simply firing his lightning beam in a continuous blast at her lower back side for a few seconds in an attempt to incapacitate her much like a very high powered tazer, the low angle to avoid hitting Rhinox or Optimus as it'd more likely hit the floor if Blackarachnia managed to dodge.

Nemesis wrote:"Lest you forget.. Being infected could persuade the fuzor to duplicate the process of developing a cure faster, as I'm sure she would require some persuasion to come to the Predacons' aid,"
Cheetor pointed his right arm at Umbra, clutching his stomach with the other. Umbra smacked the arm away with the sheathed sword as Cheetor attempted to fire, then swung his other across Cheetor's face knocking him onto the floor. The young mech gave out a moan of agony laying on the floor as the Ninja observed, then looked back towards Nemesis as she slipped away into the shadows.

Perhaps that would be of use.. if she's strong enough. he said to himself quietly, then looked towards Cheetor for a moment. Consider yourself lucky, I don't kill sparklings..

He walked into the hallway drawing his swords with his robot hands, then leaped up grabbing the ceiling with his tentacles, pulling himself up as he slashed through part of the rail Sentinel was using for it's autoguns. Grabbing the rail with two tentacles and used the rest to add downward force with his weight tearing the rail from the ceiling as he came to the floor. Releasing the rail, he sheathed his blades once again having them held at his hips for a quick draw if necessary, and made his way down the hall, not attempting to conceal himself.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Frilla wrote:"What in the Pit is going on around here with the alarms? And who's the old timer?"
The aging admiral raised an optic ridge at the newcomer, more than a little surprised that there were still Maximals on this vessel he had not encountered thus far and perhaps more so that this smaller female obviously had no clue who he was. Not that she presented much of a problem. He was just about to introduce himself when Whitegrazer did it for him.
"Oh! This is Admiral Nexus, Optimus' mentor and friend. Nexus, this is Frilla. " "I think the Predacons may have sent someone to try and get a cure for the virus."
"It's a pleasure to meet you, my lady," he responded to Frilla, reaching out his sturdy hand to the smaller femme, "As my friend here already explained, my name is Nexus Prime. " He deliberately left the rank out of the introduction, knowing the mere name should alert most of his importance. He gave her the tiniest of winks accompanied by a smile as he said the name.
"He is doing fine,"
Whitegrazer's words seemed to relax the old warrior some. Of course he had been using his connection to Sentinel to keep tabs on Optimus' progress, but it was nice hearing the words regardless. Had Optimus succumbed to his injuries, all this would have been for naught. Of course he planned for Optimus to die in the end, but not until his plans had come to fruition. The other Maximals were all expendable, but he wanted to save Optimus for last, so that the self-proclaimed commander of the Axalon could face the afterlife knowing that his actions would be held accountable for the destruction of his vessel and crew. And then use the distraught Optimus to commit one final act of treason.. One that would bring down the Maximal council, forcing change upon their home planet. But in order to do that Optimus had to live for a little while longer.. Long enough to break his will and implant the seed of revenge into his mind. Only then could Optimus be allowed to die.
"It would be unwise of me to place you in a situation where you can get injured again. I will go and make sure Rhinox and Optimus are okay."
The admiral sighed inwardly at the mare's persistence on this matter and he found himself wondering how much of her reluctance was caused by genuine concern for him and how much was due to doubts. Either way she was really starting to be a liability, one that he'd have to take care of sooner rather than later.

"I am not a mere sparkling you know," he responded to Whitegrazer, his voice quieter than before to try to keep their conversation private, "I may be able to assist you in your battle against these Predacons. But as a guest on this vessel I will respect your wishes and stay with Rattrap." He gave her a stern look before he started walking off, joining Rattrap at the bridge.

The rat wasn't exactly his favorite either, but on the bridge he'd be able to keep a closer optic on any progress made by Sentinel without arousing too much suspicion in doing so. By now the rodent had surely seen the results of his body scan, which should paint Nexus in a more positive light.

Meanwhile Sentinel's weapon system continued chasing down BlackArachnia, constantly firing at her. Even as she attacked the drones back, they didn't deter from their programming.

Aurora's thoughts drifted as she made her way towards the medical bay, so much so in fact that she wasn't paying attention to where she was going. She had just woken up only to find that Optimus was obviously still in bad condition, if what Rattrap had said about him being with Rhinox without wanting to give her any details had been any indication. Ironclaw had been in handcuffs, being lead away to be questioned for something he supposedly did.. She knew the badger had a terrible temper and would often lash out at those around him, but she couldn't even imagine what had happened that would result with him ending up in the brig. Was it at all related to this invader, this impersonator who had been playing them all for fools? It couldn't be Ironclaw.. could it?
"Somebody check the garbage shoot corridor. Got some unusual activity there,"
Aurora stopped in her tracks upon hearing Rattrap's warning. The garbage shoot, really? She always suspected that was one of Rattrap's favorite hangout places but never suspected anyone else would even go near it. And what suspicious activity was he talking about? It was then it occurred to her that the shoot, albeit mostly used for getting rid of garbage while the Axalon was still in flight, could also double as a way in. She was aware that Sentinel was on alert since it had warned everyone to get to a safe area, but that had happened a while before Rattrap's warning about suspicious activity. As if to confirm her suspicion, she thought she heard laser fire not far from her current location. Ears perking up, she waited, but the sound was already gone.

Suddenly the sound of something exploding startled her, causing her to take a few steps backwards. Then the sound of metallic shrapnel clattering against the floor. Aurora's ears flattened again and she inadvertently brushed some of onethe long locks of white fur that constantly got in her face away to see better. Due to the blinking emergency lights and Sentinel's constant reminder to seek shelter, it was difficult to pinpoint exactly where the sound had come from.. Or what it could be. But judging by the sound of impact, she suspected it was one of Sentinel's drones that made the noise.

An alert showed up on Rattrap's console, informing him that BlackArachnia had arrived in the medical bay and that one of the probes had just been shot down. It also informed him that a second intruder was on the move. And finally that Cheetor had been in the vicinity but now wasn't moving. One of the drones was automatically rerouted to investigate, only to stop in its track when it encountered a broken section of the track system. The remaining drones, all with weapons ready to fire, pursued the two uninvited Predacons.

Aurora decided it best to move away from the action, finding that she was close enough to the medical bay to make it there safely. So she hurried down the hallway, only slowing when she saw Whitegrazer standing there. The white mare looked distracted, almost distraught, immediately making the fuzor fear the worst.
"Aurora," she said it like she was far away until she shook her head, "Aurora." She smiled warmly towards the little one. She was really happy to see Aurora back on her feet, "I'm glad you are well." She opened her mouth to say something when she realized that Aurora was in a hurry for a good reason, "I shouldn't keep you, but would it be okay if I come with you?"
Now Aurora was more confused than anything. But she still smiled warmly at the mare, happy to see her despite everything. Maybe she was just reading too much into things.

"What's going on..?," the fuzor asked, her concern obvious in her voice. "Is Optimus okay? Are we under attack? I heard shots and.."

She paused, realizing her mouth was running at a hundred miles a minute. So she stood there for a second or two, before suddenly rushing over to latch onto Whitegrazer's leg in a hug.

The taller female felt so comforting, just.. being there! The fuzor trembled slightly as she held on for dear life, as if Whitegrazer would simply disappear if she let go. It wasn't often that she showed the other female this kind of affection, but right now she was confused, scared, and feeling more than a little worried.

After several more seconds she finally let go, realizing they probably should move before whoever these invaders were got to them.

"I'm heading to the medical bay," the tiny ermine fuzor informed her, trying to regain control of herself, "I just have this feeling that something is about to happen to Optimus.. And I .. we.. have to stop it."
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

((Dear Primus I feel like an idiot to miss a post.))
"I was with Wintersong the whole time"
Banshee tapped in a few things of what Ironclaw claimed into the datapad, "with Wintersong, but where Ironclaw..? Which part of the ship were you idling at? I don't like short answers. It gives me the impression that you don't want to get this issue over with as quick as possible," she started reviewing the video feed that belongs to the destroyed camera, unphased at the ongoing commotion outside of the brig. She had trust in her other co-workers handling the situation.

Ironclaw's hand movements were noticed by the bat femme and her pastel yellow optics looked at him straight in his, "I am not your enemy Ironclaw. I know it's hard to put your trust in a Predacon like me. But...orders are from the current commander." she put a hand on his fists, "I'm trying to help you to get through this without unecessary violence between us. So please, allow me to find who framed you. Alright?" she gave a warm smile and withdraws her hand.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

((OOC: I'm going to post this now since I have to go shopping. I might tweak some things later, but mostly, I think it's done.

Edit: Okay, I'm think I'm good.))
Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:I presume you're referring to the flask that was on this table earlier," "No, I don't have it," "As a matter of fact, your partner was already in here, threatening me the same way you are now, and took it. So I suggest you take it up with him before the rest of the Maximals arrive and dissect you with their weapons for trespassing."
Blackarachnia glared at the rhino, grunting a bit in pain when she did, "Don't play with me. If he had been here, I doubt you would have given him the flask so easily and that quickly." Her trigger finger twitched. The Maximal known as Landslide came to the medical bay behind her, and she jumped back, avoiding his shot. She flinched, her left side still hurting from the earlier shot he gave her. Darn these Maximals. She shot back at him, aiming at his chest area.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Phoenix wrote:"I am not a mere sparkling you know," he responded to Whitegrazer, his voice quieter than before to try to keep their conversation private, "I may be able to assist you in your battle against these Predacons. But as a guest on this vessel I will respect your wishes and stay with Rattrap."
Whitegrazer shook her head as Nexus walked off, but smiled as she turned. She wanted to keep Nexus away from what is happening. If she was wrong or right, something told her the last thing she needed was more bodies to get in the way or more people getting hurt. TyCross flashed a look of disgust and revel at what she was thinking about doing. I shouldn't have shown you that image. I don't know why I did. I thought you would want an end to this war. But I guess you are getting too soft to do the right thing, what needs to be done.
Phoenix wrote:"What's going on..?," the fuzor asked, her concern obvious in her voice. "Is Optimus okay? Are we under attack? I heard shots and.."
She watched as Aurora was speaking rather fast, but she got jist of it when the little one hugged her leg. She wanted to be optimistic towards the little one. Aurora hadn't seen Optimus because she was... in the CR Chamber the whole time. Aurora should be told the truth, but Whitegrazer would not be so pessimistic. Optimus would have a difficult road ahead to deal with what has happened to him. They ALL needed to be there for him, and also, they must do what they believe is right to make sure Megatron and the others didn't get the satisfaction

"Yes, Optimus will be okay. It will take some time, but with us, those who care about and love him, we can, in time, wash away the pain Megatron and the others have caused." She rubbed the little one's head, to soothe her thoughts, "I think the Predacons are trying to figure out how we eradicated the virus."
Phoenix wrote:"I'm heading to the medical bay," the tiny ermine fuzor informed her, trying to regain control of herself, "I just have this feeling that something is about to happen to Optimus.. And I .. we.. have to stop it."
"Trust your instincts, Aurora," she reassured her. "I do think he is in great risk also, but we must approached this situation carefully..." She knew the others might not like it, but she believed it to be the only way. The only way to keep anyone from being hurt. She was going to trust her instinct also. She heard the shots,coming from the medbay. She hit her com-link and kept Aurora, placing an arm in front of the little one to signal the young ermine to stay for a moment, and herself away from the openness of the hallway, "Rhinox, are you okay? What's going on there?"
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

Wintersong wrote: (That's fine by me Darkspark, I'm sure Inferno could probably handle it. Honestly, I assumed he was pretty durable to begin with.)

Spineback's optics widened as she began to step back, raising her opposite arm that used the spinal fin from her beast form to shield herself. Terrorsaur's own energy beams though would prove to be ineffective for the time being as the fin proved to absorb the energy, for now at least. But the shield would only be so effective against Inferno's flames. "Sub-commander, Terrorsaur cease your fire! I can't help the slagging virus affecting my processor itself." She called to them in annoyance, "You idiot mechs should learn to listen for fragging once. My vision had me mistaking you for Autobots of the past, enemies to my former master." She said as she felt the edge becoming dangerously close as the heel of one of her feet found no more floor.

"A likely story traitor!" Terrorsaur spat as he intensified the output of his lasers, before adding "And even if that IS true, what the slag do you expect us to do? Just quietly wait for you to snap and turn on us again? Or make us sick like you? Riddle me that Doc!"

"You have but ONE master, drone! THE ROYALTY!" Inferno snapped, following Terrorsaur's example by turning up the heat on his flamethrower.
Wintersong wrote: She chose to live, not become another casualty in this war as the last one millions of years ago. Snarling, Spineback threw herself forward as she brought her lance in a swinging motion from behind her to strike towards the two Predacons, using her weapon for now as a more blunt one. "Don't question my loyalty again you pieces of scrap. I served the Decepticons and first Megatron loyally until his end and I will serve the Predacons and Lord Megatron in the Beast Wars until my spark joins the Well or the Pit." She growled at them, swinging her lance again at them to try and force them back. No one questioned her loyalty and got away with it, except for Megatron himself.

Forced back by Spineback's lance and a fear of infection, Terrorsaur and Inferno put some distance between themselves and the decepticon saurian, listening as she gave her speech and swore her fealty to Megatron.

"Well said drone! But turn your weapon against the Royalty again and I will show you NO MERCY! Understood?" Inferno proclaimed, satisfied by her proclamation of loyalty to his "queen," though Terrorsaur seemed far less impressed.

'Oh come on! Seriously? Since when were you ever this forgiving, Sub-Commander Fanboy? She tried to slag us! AND your precious Royalty! She's sick and neither she nor spider-breath over there are any closer to finding a cure, how is swearing loyalty enough to guarantee she won't lose it again?" Terrorsaur insisted, not at all eager to be infected by the same debilitating virus that had reduced several of the crew to madness and made Megatron retreat inside himself, or be taken out by friendly fire for that matter.

"Loyalty is first and foremost above all other things a true soldier should strive for, Terrorsaur, a lesson you'd do well to learn at last! The Royalty is YOUR Royalty too, don't YOU forget that!" Inferno insisted, swatting at the smaller predacon flyer impatiently, a blow which probably would have done much harm if Terrorsaur hadn't been upgraded to transmetal.

"Pft! I'll remember to write that in your obituary after trigger-happy over there shoots you in the back, Ant! HEY WASPINATOR! You up yet?" Terrorsaur shouted, knowing he could trust his flying partner to have his back, dumb and unlucky Wasp maybe but at least he wasn't as crazy or blindly devoted as Inferno.

Tarantulas slowly began to peek up from his hiding place at his work station, satisfied that the conflict had ended for now, but still having his hand on his gun incase anyone suddenly lost it and began firing, especially at himself.

"You lot need some alone time to settle this?" Tarantulas inquired sarcastically, his contempt for everyone else in the room undisguised in his voice.

Meanwhile, Megatron was at war with himself in more ways than one, desiring the secrets his ancestor withheld but unwilling to commit to his trump card, knowing that while it would benefit his ancestors would't necessarily guarantee victory for him or his people. Granted, he only had to carry out his will if he failed to destroy the maximals on his own, a task Megatron did not believe was beyond his grasp, meaning if he cooperated he would access to a new source of potential recruits who'd fight for him and his cause without the need for extensive reprogramming like many of his maximal turned predacon recruits. There was also the little matter of his ancestor's ghost likely being a figment of his infected imagination, meaning there was the strong chance none of what he was seeing or hearing was true in the slightest, it was just the virus distracting him from his mortal peril by providing him with a pleasant distraction, one which for all he knew could descend into nightmare fuel again at any moment.

"Made a decision yet, Little Tyrant? Despite being stranded in the past, you truly do not have all the time in the world to make up your mind alas" Decepticon Megatron pointed out, arms folded across his chest expectantly.

"Just tell me this ancestor, your intel is reliable? AND assuming I have not misunderstood the conditions of this bargain, I do not have to carry out the mission you left on the Golden Disks unless I've exhausted all other options?" Predacon Megatron inquired respectfully, but with an understandable amount of suspicion hidden in his voice.

Decepticon Megatron clapped his hands together and replied "You understand my intentions perfectly, do we have a deal?"

With that, the original Megatron offered his younger counterpart his hand to seal the deal, and despite the remaining doubts in his mind and his loose grip on reality, Megatron the Younger accepted his hand and they shook on it, sealing the deal so to speak.

"You won't regret this decision, Mighty Megatron" Megatron the Elder said with a smile.

"See to it that I don't, Elder, now tell me about my new troops, once I am cured I intend to bring them back online sooner rather than later" Megatron the Younger replied, eager to get the ball rolling and learn what had gained from his bargain with the ghost of Megatron the First.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Landslide put his foot back as Blackarachnia fired the shot into his chest, the rocket exploding on impact with a burn mark on his chest, but little else. Landslide thrusted his left arm's shield at Blackarachnia, the shield splitting open and went around either side of her hourglass waist, then snapped closed. The shield then started to close tighter but held back just enough to bite into her to prevent her escape, not amputate her in half.

Yer bird friend fired about 30 of those into me earlier.. Landslide's four optics narrowed under the slits of his helm.

Umbra dodged towards the wall as Autogun fire came from the hall ahead with a few of the shots tearing through his tentacles, he hopped onto the wall tossing one of his throwing blades into the autogun, causing it to explode. Moving up to the ceiling he came to the new rail and once again ripped it free from the ceiling and dropping to the floor with it smashing a few more auto guns as he came down.

Umbra stood up and started walking down the hall once again, moving past the medical bay that Blackarachnia had gone inside.
Last edited by NaitoKage on Wed May 13, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: NK, I'm not crazy about Landslide doing all of that in one post to Blackarachnia without giving una a chance to react to it even though she has dodged plenty of shots already by Sentinel who's programmed to stop Predacons and basically disregarded everything Rhinox said. :lol: I'll leave that up to her, though, and work around it in my post. ))

Rattrap briefly turned his attention to Nexus when the old Admiral entered the bridge. Even though the data on him from the scan had to have been accurate and not false, the rodent still felt suspicious but appeared to be a lot calmer around him now and wasn't keeping such a close eye on him like he was prior to information. Maybe Optimus was right in trusting that this really was his former teacher. Maybe Ironclaw really was the shapeshifting trouble maker.

The computer then alerted the acting Commander of Cheetor's status and grew concerned. Reaching out to the cat via comm. link, Rattrap asked, "Cheetor, come in. Do ya read me?" He was ready to jump to his feet and run to his aid before a Predacon might finish him off. Nobody was going to die on his watch!

"Whitegrazer, I need eyes on the other intruder," the rat asked of her over his transmission. Whoever it was was effectively ceasing Sentinel's autoguns and eluding the cameras and destroying them. Little did he know that this intruder was about to bump into Landslide.

"How you holdin' up, Nexus?" he inquired, glancing at his wounds that hadn't healed yet.

-----
"Don't play with me. If he had been here, I doubt you would have given him the flask so easily and that quickly."
Rhinox shrugged lightly toward the she-spider's words while he worked on Optimus, and said, "He was more persuasive than you." She was being a lot less paranoid and jealous and a lot more presumptuous than he anticipated but it didn't really matter when Landslide's shot interrupted them and caused her to divert her attention on to the beetle and away from the rhinoceros and the TransMetal ape on the operating table. Although their gunfire was extremely dangerous as it rang in the infirmary, Rhinox finished up attaching Primal's other new hand and started running tests and calibrations on the movements of the fingers' joints and connections for both hands simultaneously.
"Rhinox, are you okay? What's going on there?"
"Blackarachnia was threatening me for the flask that she's seeking," he answered Whitegrazer. "Landslide has intervened and is handling the situation. Where is Aurora? I need her help reconstructing Optimus's face." He didn't seem to care about dancing around what needed to be done or sugar-coating the dire situation. "He won't be able to speak very well in this condition. Or see." He was beginning to grow impatient with the ermine's tardiness, however, he didn't want her getting harmed by the intruders. The sooner she arrived, the sooner she'd be under his supervision and out of harm's way.
"Well, that's just prime!"
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(Sorry! I can just edit it down to him grabbing her with his shield. I've been asked to change some things anyway.)
Rattrap wrote:"Cheetor, come in. Do ya read me?"

Cheetor activates his comlink with a moan I read you. Ug.. Got a hole in my stomach but I'm alright.. Umbra is in the ship.. he seems to be sick.. and wants to avoid infecting any of us.. I just don't get. He's heading towards the bridge..

Cheetor got up slowly supporting himself on the wall.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Nexus stood in the doorway of the bridge, watching Rattrap try to keep his Maximals together in what would ultimately be a futile attempt. On the inside it made Zodiac smile to see the chaos that a few Predacons, and himself of course, could create. On the outside, however, he kept up his facade as well as ever. By now Rattrap would surely have seen the results of the body scan which should ease any suspicions he may have had. Of course the rodent had been as subtle as he could, but the pretender had caught a few of the suspicious glances and certainly had noticed the edge in the rat's voice. Otherwise there would have been no point for the rat to be so persistent about using a CR chamber to make repairs to Nexus' damaged form.
"How you holdin' up, Nexus?"
The admiral looked down at the rodent and offered the briefest of reassuring smiles.

"It probably looks worse than it is," he told him, finally stepping onto the bridge. "Believe me, I'll live," he then added once he was standing next to Rattrap. "Your crew did a good job manually patching me up. I'll have the details taken care of when the immediate threat is over."

It was true he certainly looked to be in better shape than he had been when he was first retrieved from the Predacon base. And it was fortunate that the repairs had all been superficial, since the top layer of his armor was an exact match to the real Nexus. That, of course, could be disassembled on a whim should he need to. But with Ironclaw currently in the brig, blamed for Zodiac's own misdeeds, it shouldn't be too difficult to salvage this operation. Even without Night Terror's assistance. With Night Terror out of the equation, that left Zodiac free to assume control over Dirge as well. A little extra muscle wouldn't exactly put him at a disadvantage either.

As he stood there, his optics flickered over to the many monitors showing the different cameras that were surveying the base. Several of them had already been taken out. Still Sentinel persisted, the remaining tracks being used to reroute weapon systems to the medical bay. The blinking dot indicating an intruder was there had stopped moving whereas the other intruder was still at large, obviously choosing a more sneaky approach and avoiding the cameras as well as disabling the weapon systems as much as possible. On one camera Nexus briefly caught glimpse of a wing covered in transmetal feathers before that too disappeared.

Nemesis stayed out of the camera's view as much as possible as she, too, made her way to the medical bay. She wasn't hurrying, exactly, instead taking a number of side passages until stopping near a camera just out of its reach. Looking down at the ankle bracelet the rodent had so annoyingly gifted her with, she realized that she couldn't go any closer without alerting them of her destination. And alas the bracelet was too strong for her to break it, she'd already tried that a number of times. But perhaps it was possible to temporarily disable it even if she couldn't remove it without setting off every alarm and causing herself harm in the process. She looked around, at the ground around her, then up the walls, before finally settling on the tracks running overhead.

She had seen the weapons move along those tracks, quite swiftly at that, so there had to be a power source connected to the track that was strong enough to power the weapon system. If she could tap into that power, she may be able to use it to short-circuit the bracelet and force it to do a reboot of its systems.. Which would give her ample opportunity to sneak down there unnoticed. Sure, the person monitoring it at the bridge would no doubt get a notification that the bracelet was malfunctioning, but no alarms should go off. The avian female decided to give it a try, pulling out her sai and then stabbing it into the track. She then proceeded to cut through the metal to gain access to the wires underneath.

Sure enough there were power cables inside the track. Nemesis wasted no time, pulling one of them from the hole and swiftly cutting through the protective layer to expose the wires underneath. She then yanked it downwards, far enough to reach her ankle.

Taking a deep sigh, she hesitated for a moment, knowing fully well that the electricity would travel through her as well. So she took some of the protective coating she had just cut off and stuffed it between he ankle and the bracelet, offering at least some protection. Then she cut the wire, immediately bringing the exposed electrics to the bracelet. A sharp jolt immediately traveled through the bracelet, causing sparks to shoot out of it as well as a temporary smell of burnt circuits that tickled her olfactory circuits. Albeit she could feel the initial jolt a bit, causing her to twitch uncomfortably, it wasn't nearly as bad as it would have been had she not taken precautions. Confident the bracelet was out of commission, at least temporarily, she dropped the still sparkling wire and hurried on her way to the medical bay. She, too, avoided the cameras as best she could.
"Yes, Optimus will be okay. It will take some time, but with us, those who care about and love him, we can, in time, wash away the pain Megatron and the others have caused."
Aurora sighed with relief as she gave the other female a smile. She was honestly happy to see her alive and well. Hopefully the same would be the case for Optimus. And then there was the situation with Ironclaw that she had walked in on. Seeing him get arrested and hauled off to the brig did make her cringe, but at least he would be safe there.. no matter what was going on. She was confident the others would tell her soon.
"I think the Predacons are trying to figure out how we eradicated the virus."
Her smile turned a bit more puzzled at that statement. Why would the Predacons even care about the antidote.. unless, of course, they had been exposed to the virus as well. Intriguing thought.

"Whatever's happened to them, they deserve it," she said, a trace of bitterness towards the Predacons still present in her voice. She really had no reason to help them. And so the two of them headed towards the medical bay.
"Trust your instincts, Aurora," she reassured her. "I do think he is in great risk also, but we must approached this situation carefully..."
That notion was easier said than done.. Optimus had already died once, and nearly again while captive in the Darksyde. Aurora hated the Predacons for what they had done to him.. and Nexus. It just wasn't right.

The sound of gunfire from their destination caused her ears to perk up and for a moment her optics again met with Whitegrazer's. That sound had come from the medical bay, she was sure of it, and gunfire was never a good thing.. Least of all in a place designed to heal. Aurora didn't wait long before she set off running down towards the doors of the med bay.
Mystrea

Unread post by Mystrea »

(Starshadow, I was waiting for Winterising but I've given up so I will post now)

Ironclaw began to grow intolerant of this interrogation already, it had not been long since he had entered the room with Winterising but he wanted to leave. He imagined it could be seen in his demeanour. Although this was technically the correct course of action, but this was not the ideal situation. There were no courts, no trials, no judges, no interrogators other than the pompous sat in front of him. This would not stand, another solution will be followed to prove his innocents. For some reason though, most likely the slightly muffled commotion he could hear. Proving his own innocents was not at the heart of his concerns as he let this play out until.

Until the bat reached out with her perfidious hand to touch his fist and openly divulged to him that she was a former Predacon. In outrage he smacked her hand away with his cuffed hands as he brought them up and away as if to hold them away from her. He also put one foot forwards to loom over her with his massive size in comparison to her. "Spare me this mockery of justice!" the badger insisted as he gave a quick look to Wintersong almost not giving her a choice in the matter. "I don't want your help" he told Banshee with distasteful glare as he made his way to the door. Even with his arms cuffed he still possessed impressive strength. He dug his clawed fingers in-between the door and the door frame only to tear it to one side. Ironclaw took a few steps out into the corridor and the sound of action were not so muffled. He realised what he had to do. His optics landed on his restraints again, he had to free him self and aid his actual comrades. The bonds were energy based so if the electricity between the shackles could be disrupted he might be able to free himself. The badger approached the first bulkhead he encountered and analysed its structure. There was a power conduit conveniently running up the centre ready to be plucked. He drove his fist into the wall and pulled the conduit out, exposing the live cables inside and causing the lights to flicker. For a moment he did ponder the future consequences of this action unaware that he was mirroring someone else on the Axalon. He took no precautions and held his restraints over the protruding conduit. His follow up action was then to slam both wrists against it. Sparks flew everywhere as he was violently shocked and thrown bodily against the opposite wall. Crunch and thud he went. Ironclaw responded in kind by forcing himself off the wall only to throw himself towards the floor. His fist instinctively lunged out to support himself, it thumping the floor beneath him. The lights on the deck had gone out, he was surrounded by complete darkness. And there he was, down to one knee. The shock was playing havoc with his systems, but it was specific, it was different. He was finding it hard to focus and regain motor controls. There was something wrong with Ironclaw or something dark in him. He could only compare this to when he mysteriously emerged from that CR chamber all that time ago, when Optimus rose from the dead. The badger smacked both fists against the floor then looked straight ahead to unleash a roar that pierced the atmosphere of the Axalon. It wasn't unlike anything that had been heard on the ship before. Without hesitation he rose to his feet and stormed down the corridors of the Maximal's home.

Not only looking, he was smelling, seeking out his prey. Ironclaw was already moving at some speed but once he had caught a trail he increased it. He got faster and faster as he could taste his victims presence around the next corner. He was traveling so quickly that when he tried to bring himself to a halt he shouldered the wall to his side as he turned the corner. However he saw his enemy, his blue optics burning in the darkness like a beast in the night as he stared down the corridor. His hands were by his side with clawed outstretched fingers, ready to make the kill.
Last edited by Mystrea on Sun May 17, 2015 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.