"More Than Meets The Eye: Part II"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Saber backed away when a bat landed a few feet infront of her, for a moment she thought it was Sonar but the fur a different colo, that and Sonar wasn't female.
"I believe we haven't met, General. My name is Xychona or rather Banshee."[/quoting]

Saber found that rather amusing and fitting, seeing how Banshee was a bat.
"I'm a psychologist and I'm here to help you."
Saber gave a small annoyed sigh. "With all do respect, Banshee. I do not need the help of another scientist, it was a scientist that got me into this mess."

She listened as Banshee expained that she was infected with a fear based hallucinogen that made her see, hear, and feel what she feared most.

"I know that it's not real," She heaved another sigh as she sat down, her ears back. "It is a reminder of my past sins and a premonition of what could come to pass."
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Wildfire94
RPG Characters: Onyx, Quickfix, Cheetor, Tarantulas, Quickstrike

Unread post by Wildfire94 »

Onyx looked after the two as they left, frowning slightly at Nemesis's remark which made him inwardly cringe. Much as he hated to admit it, she was in this moment correct on the fact he could be considered a Maximal, much to his own dismay he knew it was his reality now. This was not something he would have picked at first but at this rate he had found no other reason to leave Megatron. His options had been limited, it was either flee and join the Maximals or die in some way under the tyrant's iron fisted leadership which was something Onyx had found to be a disaster. His so called teammates weren't exactly what he would consider as comrades, majority of which we treacherous, manic, or psychotic in some form or other and he had done what he thought was best to survive this war and not end up as cannon fodder under a faulty commander in his mind.

Much as he knew he should do it, Onyx couldn't bring himself to change his activation code. Regardless of joining the current crew, Onyx had no intention of staying a Maximal forever. When they got back home his loyalty would always be towards the Predacons and his pride would forbid such a thing of betraying his full loyalties and truly becoming a Maximal. Besides, the word "maximize" didn't exactly feel right. "With all do respect, I'd prefer to keep my activation code as is." He mumbled, making Silverstreak look at him, finding it an unwise decision but it wouldn't be her place to tell him he had to change it.

"I wouldn't recommend keeping it as Terrorize Onyx, but guess that's up for you to decide." Silverstreak said as he mech shrugged as they went to work, the silver fox femme putting in the mech's information into the database before showing him how things worked. But her optics always kept going to the monitor, watching for signs of the others returning every few seconds or minutes, worried about what could have gone on. But it didn't take long for signs of her teammates returning began to show, making her relieved a bit but knew there was still a dire problem of Optimus and this Nexus Prime being checked upon, only being able to imagine their condition right about now. And even Onyx was in a similar boat, wondering how his soon to be teammates had faired thus far.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Aye, I hear ya.
Good. So far, things were still going right for the Maximals. The cure Aurora made was working, as if Rattrap would have had any doubts about that. Aurora, who had been shot, was on her way to recovery. They had Optimus and Nexus back, and hopefully they wouldn't be too traumatized by their torture from the Predacons; emotionally and mentally. They'd be on their way to recovery soon as well. No one else got killed. They may have lost the disks, but at least that was all they lost. For once, Rattrap was looking on the bright side while he drove himself back to base.
"Perhaps.. I can.. make .. an exception.. this.. one.. time,"
While Nexus Prime's words resonated with the rodent, he recalled their issue with the fake Optimus who had given the virus to Sonar who was the same one who framed Nemesis. That shapeshifter was still out there somewhere, and while he suspected Primal's mentor, he had to force himself to keep his options open. If there was one thing Rattrap was good at, it was being suspicious of everyone. Now that they had Nexus, they could question him. Speaking of the virus, he wondered where Saber-Fang was and if she was okay. It had been a long time since anyone last saw her.
Cheetor to Rattrap. We found Saber outside the base. Landslide is moving on ahead with Optimus and Nexus, Banshee and I are going to see if we can help Saberfang, but if it gets too risky we'll pull out.
Huh. Speak of the devil. "I read ya, Cheetor. Be careful," Rattrap returned, and thought, Good luck. Cheetor had made progress with his maturity in this war. He felt as though he and Banshee could handle Saber and knew better than to take it too far. Besides, if Cheetor had the antidote, then hopefully he could administer it to the saber-toothed cat and cure her. One less problem. Would it effect the beast? Only one way to find out. Pulling up to the Axalon's hangar not long after Landslide and Whitegrazer, Rattrap maximized and walked inside immediately heading for the command center only to find Silverstreak and Onyx at the consoles.

"Oh..." he said, staring at Onyx while he recollected the Predacon joining them. "...Right. You're here." He shifted his gaze to Silverstreak and asked, "See if you can get a visual on our monitors on Saber-Fang outside."

-----
"Give it time, Maximal,"
Although her words were harsh, and he couldn't tell if it was a threat with her added smile or just an observation, Nemesis had a point. But Rhinox was certain that Onyx was aware of that already. Anyone who betrayed Megatron already had a noose around their neck. All he needed to do was kick the chair out from underneath their feet. Lucky for Onyx, these Maximals defended each other, and they would defend Onyx because none of them believed in the tyrant's dictatorship.
"I'll come,"
Rhinox glanced over his shoulder at Nemesis while he continued his way to the medical bay. He wasn't really surprised that she chose to follow him, she probably didn't want to deal with Onyx and Silverstreak. He wasn't sure, but there may have been a slight more trust she had with him since their conversation earlier.

Stepping back into the infirmary, the rhinoceros started cleaning up the left overs from previous surgeries and concoctions before making room for Optimus and possibly Nexus as well. He had no idea what to expect, but he worked diligently to keep his mind focused and steady.
Landslide to Rhinox, coming in for a landing by the cargobay. I'll meet ya in the medical bay.
"Copy that, Landslide. Preparations are underway," he acknowledged the beetle, relieved that they arrived without anymore trouble. He continued moving about and cleaning up equipment, getting it ready as quickly as he could. It wasn't long when Landslide entered the room with Nexus, so Rhinox motioned him to set the Admiral down on a cot. Walking over, he examined Nexus briefly.

"You could probably use some minor surgery, Nexus, but this is nothing a long duration in a CR can't repair. Your back injuries will take the longest." But he didn't make a final decision until what he saw next. Whitegrazer came in carrying Optimus, or what was left of him.

"Over here, Whitegrazer." He gestured with his hand to place him on the table, and when she did, despite her gentle nature, pieces of him were still falling off. He walked up the table and stared upon their leader's beaten body. He barely recognized him as he frowned, his mouth open agape as his crimson optics looked up and down the injuries and damage. He was going to ask if this was a result of a battle, but neither Landslide or Whitegrazer were horribly wounded.

"Megatron alone did this to you and Optimus?" Rhinox asked Nexus. Hooking Optimus up to a monitor and energon, he checked his diagnostics and gave a heavy, quiet sigh. "Stasis lock. Little to no hands. Loss of one optic sensor's functionality. Paralysis from the waist down. Gashes. Punctures. Severe loss of energon. Head trauma. Severe mouth injuries. Bent body frame and armor." He shook his head. "I don't even know where to start. It's a miracle he's still alive, although, I have a feeling you had a hand in helping him cope, Whitegrazer." He managed a small, subtle smile to the mare to show his appreciation but it quickly vanished.
"I offer my assistance, Rhinox. Is there any thing I could do to help you?"
"Optimus is going to need my expertise. Hopefully I can stable him. See what you can do for Nexus before we send him to the CR," he answered Whitegrazer while he immediately started working on reattaching severed wires and replacing cogs and bolts, washers and tiny pistons on their commanding officer.

Meanwhile, Optimus was silent, even with his bond with Whitegrazer. He was, more or less, in a coma. He didn't dream. He didn't feel. He didn't respond. He didn't have the slightest consciousness of anything. All of what was left of his energy was spent keeping his spark pulsing so it wouldn't expire.
"Well, that's just prime!"
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

OOC: Hey gang, here's my post! Sorry if its not my best, I tried lol. If you don't like what Tarantulas ordered Blackarachnia to do Una, I can edit my post and have them meet up to work on a cure together after all instead if you rather, just let me know.

Una wrote: As Blackarachnia and her ally made their way back to base, coming out of the hidden tunnel, she felt Tarantulas digging into her mind. Slaggit! He was back online. Couldn't he have just perished? Even though that wasn't her intent, she really had hoped that he would. She felt a burning, prickling pain against her spine and she let out of yelp of pain, holding her head.

"Save your vengeance for later, Tarantulas, unless you want to feel Megatron's wrath." She gritted her the words, fighting through the pain. Part of her didn't want to expose the fact that Megatron was infected with a virus, but if Tarantulas did, what would happen to her? She couldn't take that risk. "Megatron's been infected with some kind of virus, and unless you want to be, meet me at the lab so we can make an antidote."

"Do not tell me when to save or collect on my vengeance dear, I HAVE a choice, you DON'T" Tarantulas retorted spitefully, making the surface of the dark world he'd created for her begin to soften and melt, making it feel as though she were trapped in a tar pit or quick sand, slowly sinking in to the abyss, a different kind of torture from the mental agony he'd been inflicting upon her til now.

However, with Megatron's return he could not deny that something was amiss with him, something he'd rather not catch if it was indeed a transmutable disease, which would render pilfering the disks rather pointless if he'd perish before he could make use of them...Though he'd rather trust Arachnitron to aid him in his work to find a cure while Blackarachnia took on a riskier, but potentially helpful mission.

"In that case, Arachnitron can aid me in my efforts, while you make yourself useful by spying on the maximal base. If Megatron has caught some sort of viral infection I doubt it was a maximal creation, more likely one of our new recruits is responsible, & thus may know the cure. Go find "Nexus," keep an eye on him, its more than likely he has his own objectives in mind and may even know the cure to the virus. Now do as I say and make yourself useful, unless you honestly want to stick around & risk infection too. If not, then go! I'll check in to monitor your progress...Which had better be good" Tarantulas said as he left the medical equipment up and running as he slipped into something the predacons had not had a need for in this war just yet, a biohazard suit which would hopefully protect him from Megatron's condition...Assuming the tyrant didn't do anything to breach it.

Meanwhile, Megatron stormed in angrily, looking almost like a real wild animal rather than just a predacon in beast mode the way he stalked about like a predator ready to lash out at the first living thing that got in his way. Alas, Quickstrike had returned just as Megatron had entered, who despite his failing health did not fail to notice the computer console....
Naitokage wrote:
Quickstrike snuck into the Darksyde, careful to avoid being noticed. He made his way back to his station, then looked at the screen noticing Starshadow had escaped. .. Slag.

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRR!" Megatron roared, nearly frothing at the mouth with rage as he turned his attention on the unlucky fuzor, like he was a cockroach that had dared to cross his kitchen floor right in front of him.

"I'm gone for not even a solar cycle and you allow the only prisoner we had at the time to escape?! WHAT WERE YOU DOING THIS WHOLE TIME?!" Megatron bellowed, kicking the fuzor like a soccer ball across the deck before announcing on the comms "Attention all of you fools! Starshadow has escaped! I'm putting the base on lockdown until she is found, anyone who isn't a medic or a scientist had better focus their every waking moment to finding that wretched feline at once!...Except you Inferno, you remain here with me, yessss."

Megatron knew Inferno would gladly walk through the Pit for him and would be the most determined to track Starshadow down, but he was the one predacon Megatron trusted to have his back regardless of personal gain and given his failing health he dared not be alone with Tarantulas, even if he was his best hope at recovery. Megatron completed the ship's lockdown procedures and quickly, but wearily, made sure the base's security measures would react negatively to Starshadow's energy signature...At this point he did not care if she was killed or captured, just so long as she was neutralized and did not escape his grasp again...Too many traitors, always too many traitors...

"Remain here Spider, here's your chance to be USEFUL for a change, and convince me Spineback, wherever she might be right now, should not take over your role as my chief scientist, yessss" Megatron growled, stopping the wary spider from slipping away as he was always prone to do, suppressing a chuckle at the sight of him wearing a clunky biohazard suit, though he couldn't blame him, and of course, his physician getting sick too wouldn't be very helpful to his cause...Unless of course he needed further motivation.

"But of course Sire, I merely thought to go find Spineback and Arachnitron to aid me in healing you..." Tarantulas lied, feeling somewhat vulnerable despite the protection he had on.

"They will come to us or not at all, I require treatment NOW" Megatron bellowed, switching to robot mode and stomping over to the deck's medical equipment, Tarantulas reluctantly following suit.

"But of course Megatron, let me see what I can do for you" Tarantulas replied, activating the ship's scanners and beginning his analysis of Megatron's condition, not liking what he saw as the data came pouring on to the screens.

Elsewhere, Terrorsaur grinned evilly at the thought of another shot at Starshadow, the pteradactyle drawing his blades and charging his eye beams as he said to his partner "Looks like we're gonna get some real action in today after all Wasp! Bet we can catch the kitten before the others do! Lets go!" as he took off down the hall to begin his search for the cat, the base's exits locking down and internal defenses coming on to aid in the hunt for the traitor.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: Bravo, DS, your post left me with a grin on my face. ;))

The group had remained mostly silent as they traveled back to the Axalon. Only Whitegrazer's comforting words to Optimus and the latter's occasional moan broke the silence, before the Maximal leader's body finally gave up and he drifted off into stasis. Nexus watched the two with his single functioning optic, finding himself wondering about the true nature of their relationship. The white mare intrigued him, indeed. She seemed so innocent through her soft, caring words. Yet beneath those words there was an edge of something else, something revealing a more unsettling truth.

He wasn't entirely sure what this truth was just yet, as her abilities were of the mind and not so much physical in nature. That she had powers he was sure of, but the full extent of them eluded him. In a sense he envied her, envied her ability to read someone's thoughts and emotions and even transmit her own onto a select few. His job as an infiltrator relied heavily on his ability to read others, but he was forced to rely on instincts, research, and of course his intelligence. Having the ability to read minds the way the white mare apparently did would eliminate any chance of error he might make.

Yet still he knew she wasn't able to read just anyone's mind, if she did she would have called him out as a fraud already. But she was able to read Optimus', something Zodiac truly wished he could also. He always attempted to get into the heads of those he had set out to destroy, enjoying playing with their thoughts and emotions before making the final blow. Even in this form, even as Nexus, he felt as if Optimus was holding something back.. Something that was not the case with Whitegrazer. And thus he envied their connection, their ability to touch each other's very sparks, even when separated.
"He is strong. He will survive. As will you."
Finding that he had been staring at the two of them, a bewildering trace of a smile on his face, Nexus was quick to focus his gaze on the female alone as Whitegrazer addressed him. The statement resonated in his head for a moment before he responded in a slightly more raspy voice than usual.

"I know."

It was a brief answer, yet one that encompassed the almost blind faith in his Maximals that Nexus Prime had been infamous for. An inspirational leader, they called him, a fact that made Zodiac cringe inwardly. Fortunately he had enough self-control to hide his disgust well on the outside.

Kind, caring, brave, strong, enduring, stoic.. Inspirational.

Yet also capable of acts of great cruelty to his enemies, something Zodiac had experienced first hand.

Unforgiving, ruthless, hypocritical.

Oh the Maximals were going to suffer just like they had made him suffer, he was going to strip them of their dignity and freedom just like they had done to him. Not long now..

As the Axalon revealed itself only a short distance away, Nexus let out a soft, somewhat pained sigh, just as he re-positioned himself to have a better view of his surroundings. The giant beetle had done what he could to make the trip back as comfortable as possible, but the ride still had not been as smooth as the chariot he expected to be waiting when he had completed this mission. It was also rather draining to maintain the appearance of being severely damaged, mostly because every shift in position or sudden bump on the ride forced him to grimace or come up with some other display of discomfort to convince the Maximals of his injuries. He was already wondering if he had not been better off had he simply pretended to be in stasis as well, as that would surely be an easier pretense to keep up. Too late now though, they had already arrived.

The large beetle he had come to know as Landslide brought him inside and straight to the medical bay where Rhinox and Nemesis were waiting. There he was gently lowered onto an examination table while Rhinox gave him a quick look-over. To be honest, Nexus was a bit surprised to see that Nemesis was still there. He had thought she would have gotten herself locked away or better yet, killed, by now. Still he avoided meeting her piercing gaze as she scanned his injuries, no doubt attempting to find some flaw in his appearance. There were none, of course, as his nanites had diligently copied the appearance of serious injuries consistent with the thrashing he had received. To the Maximals he really did look like he'd gone to the Pit and back.
"You could probably use some minor surgery, Nexus, but this is nothing a long duration in a CR can't repair. Your back injuries will take the longest."
He nodded as he appeared to struggle to sit up, the deep laceration running across his backside apparently causing him a great deal of discomfort.

"Very well," he responded, sensing that there was no point in arguing with the chief medic about it. He still wasn't thrilled about the idea of a CR chamber, but by now he would be able to control the extent of the chamber's probing and repairs.

As if on cue, Whitegrazer walked in with Optimus cradled softly in her arms, buying Nexus a precious few moments before Rhinox ordered him into the chamber for repairs. And for the first time Nexus managed to get a good look at the extent of his foe's injuries to see just how severe and life-threatening they truly were. Again he wanted to smile at the pain his enemy had to endure and still would be facing once he was conscious again, still his outward display was that of a sorrowful frown upon seeing Optimus, Nexus Prime's protege, in such poor condition.
"Megatron alone did this to you and Optimus?"
Not taking his single functional optic off Optimus, Nexus Prime slowly nodded.

"He did," Nexus confirmed, his voice having regained some of its strength during the trip back. "Optimus more so than myself. I feared the worst for a while," he then begrudgingly admitted, feeling need to explain the excessive force used against the Maximal leader whereas he had been left relatively unscathed by comparison.

He then went quiet while Rhinox went on to assess Primal's injuries.
"Stasis lock. Little to no hands. Loss of one optic sensor's functionality. Paralysis from the waist down. Gashes. Punctures. Severe loss of energon. Head trauma. Severe mouth injuries. Bent body frame and armor."
Nexus dimmed his single optic and lowered his head, looking to the entire world as the parent that had failed to protect their child from harm.
"I don't even know where to start. It's a miracle he's still alive, although, I have a feeling you had a hand in helping him cope, Whitegrazer."
More evidence. Nexus was becoming increasingly convinced he'd have to take care of the white mare sooner rather than later.

His voice sounded like he was choking up as he spoke again.

"I'm so sorry, Optimus.. I tried to stop it.. But I failed. Please forgive me."

His words sounded so sincere, so pleading and desperate. It was then a female voice that had remained silent thus far, startled him. Nemesis was staring straight at him from a short distance away, her arms crossed firmly across her chest. Nexus' gaze met hers as he heard her words, his face that of a statue's.

"You're lying."
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Saberfang wrote:"With all do respect, Banshee. I do not need the help of another scientist, it was a scientist that got me into this mess."

Technically a psychologist wasn't a scientist.. but Cheetor wasn't going to argue something like that at this time.
Banshee wrote:"What you are experiencing now is fear-based hallucination. Those things you see, hear, or feel are from the virus attacking your internal systems. If you hear something that's not Maximal-like, it's not real. Now listen to what I'm saying, take a few deep breaths ma'am. Breathe slowly."

Saberfang wrote:"I know that it's not real,""It is a reminder of my past sins and a premonition of what could come to pass."

Cheetor observed the conversation as he landed, transforming to robot mode. Well, you seem coherent enough.. I'm going to give you the cure,okay? Cheetor walked towards Saberfang, observing her as he came near her, he then kneeled down slowly, pulling out the needle and put it to Saberfang's front leg injecting her, then pulling the needle out and stepped back. I'm not sure how long it'll take but you should feel better soon.

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:"Copy that, Landslide. Preparations are underway,""You could probably use some minor surgery, Nexus, but this is nothing a long duration in a CR can't repair. Your back injuries will take the longest."
Landslide looked over Nexus for a moment, then looked towards Optimus and Rhinox.
Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:"Over here, Whitegrazer.""Megatron alone did this to you and Optimus?"Stasis lock. Little to no hands. Loss of one optic sensor's functionality. Paralysis from the waist down. Gashes. Punctures. Severe loss of energon. Head trauma. Severe mouth injuries. Bent body frame and armor." "I don't even know where to start. It's a miracle he's still alive, although, I have a feeling you had a hand in helping him cope, Whitegrazer.""Optimus is going to need my expertise. Hopefully I can stable him. See what you can do for Nexus before we send him to the CR,"

Aye, Optimus will need all the help he can get.. I'll handle Nexus's repairs, I'm rather acustom to the classics anyway. Landslide said turning back towards Nexus, pulling out a measuring tape and calipers he started measuring Nexus's back gashes, as well as any distortions in his frame that would need adjusting. After taking measurements, he then pulled out some plate steel, measuring and drawing out shapes to be cut for metal grafts. After which he pulled out the two cables that connect under his chest revealing a ground clamp and arc welder stinger. Removing the arc welder end and attaching a plasma cutter, he clipped the ground clamp to the plate steel and started to cut out the pieces.
Nexus Prime wrote:"I'm so sorry, Optimus.. I tried to stop it.. But I failed. Please forgive me."
Nemesis wrote:"You're lying."

Landslide remained quiet as he cut out the parts.

"I'm gone for not even a solar cycle and you allow the only prisoner we had at the time to escape?! WHAT WERE YOU DOING THIS WHOLE TIME?!"

Quickstrike looked around I..uh.. Well..OOF! he then found himself being kicked across the deck and slammed up against a wall.
Megatron wrote:"Attention all of you fools! Starshadow has escaped! I'm putting the base on lockdown until she is found, anyone who isn't a medic or a scientist had better focus their every waking moment to finding that wretched feline at once!...Except you Inferno, you remain here with me, yessss."
Terrorsaur wrote:"Looks like we're gonna get some real action in today after all Wasp! Bet we can catch the kitten before the others do! Lets go!"

Waspinator gave a dark laugh as he equipped his Toxic stinger to his right arm, then followed Terrorsaur.

Quickstrike got up slowly rubbing his head, as he looked around he raised an optic ridge watching Waspinator and Terrorsaur leave, their appearance a bit unusual compared to normal, as they seemed to be wearing Girl scout uniforms. As he looked around, he looked around the base a bit confused noticing it seemed a bit cleaner then usual.. but also very pink. What in tarnation is going on?.. Dun musta hit my head harder then I thought.. he said to himself, getting up and heading into the corridors.

After a long silence, Umbra started to make his way towards the Predacon base. His camouflage stopped it's strange light show, but the effect of the virus was still present. As he walked, the sparks sunk into the ground, with hands raising up the soil as bodies started to climb out of the ground around him. Umbra however found the situation mostly confusing.

As the figures raised up and started shambling towards him, he noticed something strange.. some of their faces were blurred, artifacting like a broken image file. Perhaps the effect of his own damaged memories? Though their appearance ghastly, it shouldn't of been too disturbing for the ninja. Many a time he'd used the Polyhex Deadend to dispose of bodies, which the empties that lived there gladly stripped of spare parts disposing of the evidence..

Even so a feeling of dread was upon him. Taking a deep breath, he focused his mind to calm the unreasonable feeling and continued on his way, stepping out of the way of the shambling heaps as they attempted to grab him. His camouflage starting to distort, showing what looked like some of the faces he could recognize, as if they were trying to push their way out through his skin layer, much like as if someone had pulled a plastic bag over their face.

Looking towards Night Terror Umbra's optics narrowed. He would certainly see to it that these three new comers paid for this..
Last edited by NaitoKage on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystrea

Unread post by Mystrea »

As the Axalon came into view, Ironclaw gave a quick look around to ensure they were not followed. When satisfied he turned his attention back to the Maximals as they slowly made their way back into the base, going about their unchecked business. His internal systems notified him that some of his repairs were complete. With a growl and a grumble he transformed. The front half of his body lurched into ground, kicking up up dirt as he smacked into it. The rest of his body then followed completing his tall and broad stature. As Ironclaw marched into the base he gave Cheetor, Banshee and Saber-fang. That situation would have to be addressed sooner rather than later. When he reached the base he proceeded to take the lift.

Once at the top of the lift he took a quick scan of the bridge. Everything seemed normal until his eyes hit the monitors where he saw both Silverstreak and a Predacon. This did make him stop. Ironlcaw stared down at him, giving him a dirty look.
his facial expression changed from dirty to sceptical as it went from the Predacon to Silverstreak. The badger was sure he had seen him on the battlefield before but he had not been around much lately. Something else that he would be back to take care of. It was not his priority right now, he made his way to the medical bay.

Stomping through the base, his foot steps carrying down the hall ways, he approached Nemesis from behind. What was she doing? he thought to himself. Allowed to roam so freely, he despised it. As he got close, he barged the wanna be Predacon to the side and made his way into the over filled room. He subtly growled as he passed Nexus. "Will he live?" the question needed to be asked.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

DarkSpark wrote:Do not tell me when to save or collect on my vengeance dear, I HAVE a choice, you DON'T" Tarantulas retorted spitefully, making the surface of the dark world he'd created for her begin to soften and melt, making it feel as though she were trapped in a tar pit or quick sand, slowly sinking in to the abyss, a different kind of torture from the mental agony he'd been inflicting upon her til now.
Blackarachnia tried to wipe away the life-like image of her struggling to escape a pool of Tarantulas' own vengeance against her shooting him. Because of her close proximity towards him, she felt like her entire body was swimming in tar as she tried to wander the Darksyde's dimly lit hallways, flailing her arms around to escape his controlling radius. She wanted to try and get those disks, but with Tarantulas in the base, she was useless to her own plan and thoughts. It made her energon boil.
DarkSpark wrote:"In that case, Arachnitron can aid me in my efforts, while you make yourself useful by spying on the maximal base. If Megatron has caught some sort of viral infection I doubt it was a maximal creation, more likely one of our new recruits is responsible, & thus may know the cure. Go find "Nexus," keep an eye on him, its more than likely he has his own objectives in mind and may even know the cure to the virus. Now do as I say and make yourself useful, unless you honestly want to stick around & risk infection too. If not, then go! I'll check in to monitor your progress...Which had better be good"
She was walking back towards her tunnel, "Oh, I thank you for sparing me from the horror of infection." She spat the words with disgust as she exited the base. She hoped that Tarantulas got infected. And if she remembered Arachnitron was close by Megatron.... as she crawled away, she snickered.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:"Megatron alone did this to you and Optimus?"
Phoenix wrote:"He did," Nexus confirmed, his voice having regained some of its strength during the trip back. "Optimus more so than myself. I feared the worst for a while,"
Whitegrazer closed her optics for moment, remembering when Optimus' emotions and the flash of Nexus' she saw getting beaten by Megatron. That was the last thing besides him accompanying Optimus at the last stretch she remembered She was trying to see if something jogged something, something that could point her to the right direction of what she believed.

"We were all worried about you, including Optimus, for a while, especially with that shapeshifter around, " she spoke towards Nexus, " until you spoke to us on the Darksyde. We are all glad that you made it back in one piece."
Optimal Optimus Primal wrote: "Stasis lock. Little to no hands. Loss of one optic sensor's functionality. Paralysis from the waist down. Gashes. Punctures. Severe loss of energon. Head trauma. Severe mouth injuries. Bent body frame and armor." He shook his head. "I don't even know where to start. It's a miracle he's still alive, although, I have a feeling you had a hand in helping him cope, Whitegrazer."
She lowered her head when Rhinox read off the full extent of Optimus' injuries. No one should have to go through that. She made a silent promise to herself and those who she cares for that she never allow anyone to go through what Optimus had gone through. She lifted her head, giving Rhinox a sad smile, "I just wished that I could have done more to ease his suffering. But what has been done is done. I have complete faith in Optimus and ourselves that we will, together, undo the damages they have caused."

The connection between Optimus and her was silent on Optimus' end. She made the connection softer to a bare whisper. If Optimus comes out of his coma, she would know, but Optimus weren't be plagued by her state of being. Optimus was probably going to be out for a time. Who knew what the next few hours would have in store for them? And she didn't want Optimus to wake up with problems he had to involve himself in. They would combat what ever happens and Optimus should be focused on getting rested. They owed him that much.
Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:"Optimus is going to need my expertise. Hopefully I can stable him. See what you can do for Nexus before we send him to the CR,"
"All right," she agreed softly, staring at Nexus and his injuries. She was going to have to turn him on his side in order to treat the huge gash on his back, "Take some deep breaths. I'm going to have to move you a bit, okay?" She was gentle as she could as she rolled him to the side, facing Optimus to reveal the gash. It was jagged and deep like a time she remembered back in the war where she was hit in the back by a huge titan of a Predacon.
Phoenix wrote:"I'm so sorry, Optimus.. I tried to stop it.. But I failed. Please forgive me."
Phoenix wrote:"You're lying."
She looked at Nemesis; She believed. She was about to say something when Ironclaw entered, pushing Nemesis aside roughly. Whitegrazer quickly tried to get Nemesis' attention before any thing happen... if anything did, "Nemesis, may I ask your assistance in helping me close these wounds?" She could do it herself, but It was her way of diverting Nemesis away from reacting to Ironclaw's rude action. They couldn't afford a battle royale here. Hopefully, Nemesis took her offer, seeing it for what it was.

A question came to her mind, "Nexus, did you by any chance see the shapeshifter, Darkwind?"
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

((Eh, I'll see what comes to my brain and hope this post makes sense. Correct me if you need to, I'm going with what I can piece together for now.))

What an exchange that had been. Wintersong couldn't remember the last time things had been so tense, having been ready to spring into action when ordered but it seemed the Predacons had been too busy with mutiny and fighting among themselves to have really caused much damage side from Ironclaw stopping an ambush. She had stood at the back to act as support if it had been necessary, but for the most part things had gone off without much of a problem save for the brief turn on Megatron by his own new troops, which it likely couldn't be more clear who they were loyal to and weren't. It was quite an interesting turn of events but for the most part the exchange had been made: the disks for Optimus and Nexus, at this point a fair trade.

But it made Wintersong shocked at just how much damage the Predacons were willing to do to just two bots in their hold in order to get what they needed. Would that have happened to Banshee and Cheetor? She dreaded to think about it, seeing Optimus' condition alone was enough to see just how far the Predacons would be willing to go to achieve their goals and how brutal they could truly be. Torture and death...it had been seen far too often in this war and the transmetal tigress wondered just how many hardships they would have to go through or how many losses they'd face before this would all be over, before they could finally have some peace and no longer have to worry about Megatron and his band of Predacons.

Though, there was still one Predacon Wintersong was hoping she could make amends with, hoping that someday they could truly be friends again and Wintersong not allowing her mouth to speak before her processor once again. She had caught a glimpse of Arachnitron but these days she knew it was no wise to try approach the widow, knowing it might just make things worse. Instead, Wintersong had followed Rattrap and the others as ordered to return to the ship, sighing softly as she drove after the others, her boosters going fast enough that she kept pace with the rat and the rest but continuing on towards the ship while Cheetor and Banshee handled things with Saber-fang who seemed reluctant to return to the base. But with the Beast still lurking within the general it likely was no surprise that she would be cautious.

Shifting out of beast mode once they arrived to the hanger, Wintersong couldn't bring herself to head to the medical bay to see how things were going, finding the sight of their mangled leader and his supposed-to-be mentor making her cringe inwardly and deciding to head to the bridge. Surprisingly, the ones there were Silverstreak and Onyx, both of which had seemed to be gone for quite a while and the feline half expected Onyx to be dead with all things considered. "I'm sure Megatron will love the chance for target practice on a turncoat." She commented, though she wasn't hostile in anyway only surprised the mech was even functioning.

-------------

A low growl escaped the dino femme, her head aching as Spineback's optics flickered and powered on. What in the world just happened? She had been watching the monitors and keeping an optic on the brig when she had suddenly found herself knocked out from behind and now being awakened from the floor shaking beneath her and hearing the sound of Quickstrike nearby and she thought she had heard Waspinator and Terrorsaur among all that.

But it took a few moments before she was coming around fully, pushing herself up as she rubbed her head and seeing the fuzor seemed to be acting oddly, wondering what in the world had gone on while she had been knocked out, which from the monitor she figured had to be Starshadow or one of the spiders, though she was bettering her energon it was the former."No wonder this place goes to the Pit, worse I could face is a beating or something from Lord Megatron." She said to herself as she turned towards the monitors, switching through them before seeing Megatron heading towards the medical bay and someone else, vaguely making out as one of the spiders but at first couldn't see who it was specifically. Sighing she turned and quickly left the room, ignoring Quickstrike's plight for the time being since the little time she was around him and heard him speak not everything made sense to begin with.

Arriving towards the medical bay, she knew she likely would be facing some punishment for allowing things to go into chaos, but there would be other times to prove her worth but not now. "Lord Megatron, I apologize for the chaos...I was caught by surprise from behind and knocked out from my post." She told him with a quick bow, her optics briefly looking over to Tarantulas, having to bite her lit to stop from laughing at the ridiculous sight before her. "What do you need assistance with?" She inquired, having completely missed about the virus going around and not realizing just how contagious it was and the reason Tarantulas wore his suit.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

"I know that it's not real, It is a reminder of my past sins and a premonition of what could come to pass."
Banshee sighed softly, "I am more of a doctor than a scientist. And this is an unexpected thing coming from a former General. Usually the ones I met aren't bothered by their past mistakes. As a former soldier myself, I too make mistakes, bad ones too but brooding over it would not change a thing and you know that," she hope that she did not offended her but Saber's body language was showing some vexation in her mood but what was the source of it? She does not know, but she had a gut feeling that things would turn nasty and right now Banshee and Cheetor needed to get the sabertooth tiger back to the Axalon for her treatment.

"Ma'am, I request you to return to the Axalon with us for your own good. That is our top priority and yours. If you're still bothered by some of your personal issues, I could set up an appointment for you in my office."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRR! I'm gone for not even a solar cycle and you allow the only prisoner we had at the time to escape?! WHAT WERE YOU DOING THIS WHOLE TIME?! Attention all of you fools! Starshadow has escaped! I'm putting the base on lockdown until she is found, anyone who isn't a medic or a scientist had better focus their every waking moment to finding that wretched feline at once!...Except you Inferno, you remain here with me, yessss.
"Looks like we're gonna get some real action in today after all Wasp! Bet we can catch the kitten before the others do! Lets go!"
Starshadow nearly shed a tear out of joy. Megatron's going to send his almost all of his troops to find just one little lost kitty? She smiled and chuckled inwardly. It was kind of an indirect praise to her that he needed so many goons to capture her. Though she wasn't going to make the same mistake this time. Although the blast doors would be closed and locked and the internal autoguns would react negatively to her, the vents are the only passages that are not on a lockdown and the autoguns would not be able to detect her energy signature while she is inside the vents. Starshadow crawled slowly to another vent opening which led her to the hallways of the quarters.

Purrrfect~ she thought and shifted herself backwards a little, taking out Cecaelia's old cyber venom blaster, waiting for an unlucky bot to pass by.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

OOC: Hey guys, can the preds track Starshadow by following her energy signature on the ship's computer by any chance? if not, I'll leave my post as it is and just have Terrorsaur be clever enough, i.e. underhanded enough, to suspect the hallway would be a good place to set an ambush. If none of this is okay I'll alter my post. Peace.

BTW OOP, did ya get a chance to read over my last PM to you?
Wintersong wrote:
Arriving towards the medical bay, she knew she likely would be facing some punishment for allowing things to go into chaos, but there would be other times to prove her worth but not now. "Lord Megatron, I apologize for the chaos...I was caught by surprise from behind and knocked out from my post." She told him with a quick bow, her optics briefly looking over to Tarantulas, having to bite her lit to stop from laughing at the ridiculous sight before her. "What do you need assistance with?" She inquired, having completely missed about the virus going around and not realizing just how contagious it was and the reason Tarantulas wore his suit.

Megatron turned and simply glared at her with the utmost contempt for failing the simple task of guarding one prisoner and overseeing the base while he was away. Even in his sickly condition, Megatron radiated a frightening aura that made others feel small in his presence, possibly even more so now that he was in such dire straights, making him perhaps deadlier than ever due his desperation to survive.

"So much for officer potential" Megatron thought to himself, annoyed by how even his fellow saurian couldn't be trusted to accomplish anything without his supervision, all the more reason to rid himself of this infection before the entire organization fell apart at the inept hands of these fools!

Meanwhile, Tarantulas, not failing to miss the spinosaur's stifled mirth, replied "Lord Megatron was exposed to a rather nasty virus based off the data I've compiled from preliminary testing so far, one which could prove to be quite contagious, hence my exotic attire...You may want to adopt my fashion sense as well Spineback if you wish to avoid infection, assuming you're not infected already, hehehehehehahahaha!"

"ENOUGH! I need you two to put your heads together and work on an antidote for this contagion before it gets worse and spreads throughout the ranks. The maximals will be preoccupied with healing their wounded leader for now and contending with Zodiac as he destroys them from within, but none of that will matter if this virus does us in before we can act, and given the incompetence I've witnessed this day I don't intend to rely on the shapeshifter alone for salvaging this mess" Megatron snarled at them irritably, rubbing his forehead from the growing headache he was experiencing.

"But of course Mighty Megatron, of course. Here Spineback, this is the data I've uncovered thus far, surely a medical expert of your talent could gleam even more information from what I've compiled, to expedite our efforts" Tarantulas said, showing her the data, half mockingly and half serious, since this disease did indeed need to be taken care of or else they would all suffer its effects sooner or later...And he didn't want to wear the stupid hazmat suit indefinitely.

Megatron shook his head in annoyance, trying to drown out the whispers that haunted the back of his head, trying to force their way back up to the surface even now, he could not afford to be fighting phantasms now of all times with one of the blasted spiders in the room.

"Inferno, put on a hazmat suit and go fetch that treacherous worm Night Terror, make sure he has power bonds on, we may need to interrogate him for the antidote if these two can't think of a solution to this dilemma" Megatron ordered, knowing that sending Inferno away could be risky but trusting that Spineback, while her competency was questionable at the moment, was loyal enough to side with him if Tarantulas attempted foul play.
Una wrote: She was walking back towards her tunnel, "Oh, I thank you for sparing me from the horror of infection." She spat the words with disgust as she exited the base. She hoped that Tarantulas got infected. And if she remembered Arachnitron was close by Megatron.... as she crawled away, she snickered.

"No need my dear, just don't come back empty handed" Tarantulas said, resisting the urge to laugh when he thought of how the maximals themselves could be infected since the virus appeared to be carried by air as well as physical contact, so BA would likely face the same peril as the rest of them regardless of whether or not she was here or there.

Though he did on the other hand wonder what had became of Arachnitron, she'd been absent for a while despite everyone having returned to base...

Naitokage wrote:
Waspinator gave a dark laugh as he equipped his Toxic stinger to his right arm, then followed Terrorsaur.

Quickstrike got up slowly rubbing his head, as he looked around he raised an optic ridge watching Waspinator and Terrorsaur leave, their appearance a bit unusual compared to normal, as they seemed to be wearing Girl scout uniforms. As he looked around, he looked around the base a bit confused noticing it seemed a bit cleaner then usual.. but also very pink. What in tarnation is going on?.. Dun musta hit my head harder then I thought.. he said to himself, getting up and heading into the corridors.
"We're on a kitten hunt Quickstrike, sober up and get going or else Waspinator and I will kick Starshadow's "keister" before you!" Terrorsaur teased as he and Waspinator continued to stalk Starshadow from down the halls, armed and ready for anything.

Starshadow wrote: Starshadow nearly shed a tear out of joy. Megatron's going to send his almost all of his troops to find just one little lost kitty? She smiled and chuckled inwardly. It was kind of an indirect praise to her that he needed so many goons to capture her. Though she wasn't going to make the same mistake this time. Although the blast doors would be closed and locked and the internal autoguns would react negatively to her, the vents are the only passages that are not on a lockdown and the autoguns would not be able to detect her energy signature while she is inside the vents. Starshadow crawled slowly to another vent opening which led her to the hallways of the quarters.

Purrrfect~ she thought and shifted herself backwards a little, taking out Cecaelia's old cyber venom blaster, waiting for an unlucky bot to pass by.
Terrorsaur advanced down the halls as swiftly and quietly as he could, until they reached a corner that led to the crew's quarters...And quite frankly, if he were in the vampire's shoes, this would be a simple but suitably sneaky place to spring an ambush.

"Hey Quickstrike, you wanna prove how tough you are? Go ahead, take the lead" Terrorsaur invited, trusting that the fuzor was as dumb as he looked to fall for this...And who knows? Maybe he'd live up to his name and shoot the cat first before she nailed him, assuming his hunch was right and she did lay ahead.
Wildfire94
RPG Characters: Onyx, Quickfix, Cheetor, Tarantulas, Quickstrike

Unread post by Wildfire94 »

As Silverstreak was showing Onyx a better layout of the ship on screen, to allow their new member to know the schematics and memorize it since he would be with them for the rest of the war the two turned as they heard foot steps, not really surprised to see Rattrap and not far behind him was Wintersong. Between the two Onyx wasn't quite enthused to see Rattrap either, knowing the two hadn't had the best experience in the past, though maybe not to the level of him and Frilla, wherever she could have been. He had noticed there was a lack of the lizard around, something he was glad for. "Don't hold your enthusiasm or anything rat," Onyx commented in return, already having a feeling this would be a rocky time ahead of them both.

Though his gaze went to WIntersong which he only shrugged towards her, "You sound like Nemesis, since all the Predacons expected me to be dead. But I could use the practice myself, or should I say return the favor." He said, still not above having to give Megatron a little pain in return if the chance allowed and caring little if the tyrant was in many ways more powerful then himself.

Seeing how quickly things were tensing though, Silverstreak quickly went to doing what Rattrap asked, pressing a few buttons to switch the monitors to check their perimeter and clearly seeing three blips on the scanner, which were registering as Cheetor, banshee, and Saber-fang each. "She's within range Rattrap, maybe just out but so far it seems her and the other two are safe." She assured him, turning back in her chair to look at the two as their was a questioning look in her optics behind her visor, "But what about Optimus and this Nexus? Are they...alright? Is it bad?" She inquired, deeply concerned for her leader and teammate plus if this Nexus, which unknowingly to her and Onyx was really this Zodiac they had heard about, was also part of their team there was bound to be concern.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: Happy Birthday, Wintersong! ))
"I just wished that I could have done more to ease his suffering. But what has been done is done. I have complete faith in Optimus and ourselves that we will, together, undo the damages they have caused."
Rhinox nodded in agreement to the white mare. "I'm sure you have done more than enough, Whitegrazer. You know how grateful Optimus is for everything you do. He's grateful for all of us. It looks like Aurora's cure for the virus is working nicely on him, too. It might slow down his system processing considering it takes energy to boost the antidote's affect but that's minor compared to everything else he has gone through."
Aye, Optimus will need all the help he can get.. I'll handle Nexus's repairs, I'm rather acustom to the classics anyway.
"All right," "Take some deep breaths. I'm going to have to move you a bit, okay?"
The green and brown Maximal watched Landslide and Whitegrazer tend to Nexus together, happy to have their help and make things easier for all of them.
"Very well," "He did," "Optimus more so than myself. I feared the worst for a while,"
Rhinox gave a quick glance to Nexus Prime's answer, beaten pretty badly as he laid there on the cot, but not completely helpless it would seem, which was good since he would require less repairs and down time than Optimus was going to need. "It was a long time coming," the engineer said softly before he grabbed more tools and equipment and placed them within his arm's reach. He grabbed an overhead light and positioned it over the Maximal Commander's body, turning it on to give him more light to work by. It really made his wounds stand out and all of the dry energon and paint that was cracked or had flaked off. "Optimus has been a thorn in Megatron's side ever since we chased him here and caused both of our ships to crash," he further explained. Honestly, he was surprised Megatron had hesitated to kill the TransMetal gorilla considering how he had miraculously come back from the dead the first time he thought he had perished with his hand playing a role in it.
"I'm so sorry, Optimus.. I tried to stop it.. But I failed. Please forgive me."
Frowning for a moment at what sounded like a genuine apology, Rhinox presumed that nothing could stop Megatron in a situation like that. Nothing could hold him back, not while the enemy leader was in his grasp, and the taste of his blood was so close that he could smell it through his armor.
"You're lying."
He was about to tell Nexus that it wasn't his fault what happened to Primal, and that it was Megatron's, but Nemesis had jumped in with quite an accusation that even made Rhinox stop what he was doing. He took a moment and looked from Nemesis to Nexus to catch a glimpse of the Admiral's reaction. He never even heard Whitegrazer's prior questions to them. "Explain yourself, Nemesis," he asked of her. Then, someone's heavy footsteps approached the infirmary loudly and quickly. Barging into the room was Ironclaw but Rhinox didn't pay him much attention until he rudely pushed past Nemesis and finally stopped by Primal's table.
"Will he live?"
"I'm uncertain," the rhinoceros answered the badger honestly. "His condition is critical." He resumed his work by grabbing a power cable and attaching the end of it to the side of the ape's chest where Aurora had applied her nanogel. Turning it on, it gave subtle pulses of electricity to the nanobots in order to activate them and help with his repairs, which caused his armor to glow blue in that area. Then he moved on to their leader's legs and slowly began piecing things together; wires, joints, pistons and gears using small tools and spare parts. To say his lower limbs were a wreck was an understatement. He recognized Megatron's bite marks where he had gripped his legs and punctured right through his armor, shredding them. He couldn't even imagine all the anguish that Optimus must have endured through this personal, angry torture. Rhinox might be able to repair him physically, but he wasn't so sure about the emotional and mental aftereffects.

-----
"I'm sure Megatron will love the chance for target practice on a turncoat."
"He won't know the difference 'cause that new Pred, Night Terror, injected the virus inta him," Rattrap smirked lightly, looking around at those present in the bridge before watching Ironclaw enter and storm through, heading to the medical bay.
"Don't hold your enthusiasm or anything rat,"
"You know, I ain't in the mood for any Predacon attitude," the Spy said bluntly at Onyx, emphasizing on his true allegiance. "Aurora was shot earlier and almost died because of a Predacon. Megatron had a field day with Optimus and nearly beat him ta death, assumin' Rhinox can stabilize him before we might lose him anyway. Again. We lost the two golden disks dat mighta been our only advantage ta winnin' dis war which is now back in Megatron's hands. So you go ahead an' push me a little more, Black Beauty," Rattrap glared at him, ready to whip out his weapon and shoot him but he controlled himself.
"She's within range Rattrap, maybe just out but so far it seems her and the other two are safe."
Silverstreak's distraction worked and pulled the heated rat's attention to her and the monitor. "Good."
"But what about Optimus and this Nexus? Are they...alright? Is it bad?"
"It's pretty serious, Silver," Rattrap told her more solemnly than he had with Onyx. "Optimus is in stasis lock. Megatron literally ripped him apart. Nexus should be okay. But we gotta few questions for him when he's repaired," he ended on a more suspicious note.
"Well, that's just prime!"
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

OOC: Its Wintersong's B-Day? Happy Birthday Wintersong! :D
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

(( :lol: Thanks guys!)
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising