"More Than Meets The Eye: Part I"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Like most of the others, Nexus' attention was drawn towards Optimus and the winged Predacon as they spoke. Even as Ironclaw got in his face about.. something.. truthfully Nexus didn't have the foggiest idea what the transmetal badger had gotten so worked up about nor was he very interested in finding out, his optics drifting past the angered male in front of him to the two talking quietly by the cliff's edge. Even though they attempted to keep their conversation discreet, the others were keenly interested in what was going on and had quieted down considerably so they could overhear them. And what their Predacon visitor was about to tell them, shocked them all into silence however brief of one.
"I'm not sure how he did it, but that new recruit I mentioned, Darkwind as he calls himself, has been anything but honest with Megatron about his intentions. Seeing me as a potential threat, he portrayed me as a traitor. He provided a video taken at the Maximal base and somehow altered me into the frame."
Nexus' optics narrowed ever so slightly at this statement, even though his face was as if set in stone, unreadable and ever strong. Even as their inquisitive eyes settled upon him, his demeanor remained almost eerily calm.
"He claimed he had stowed away on the Akira and ultimately caused it to crash."
His own gaze met with Optimus' and he could see the disappointment all too clearly on his protege's face, causing the older warrior to shake his head briefly at the unspoken accusation. He had assumed that Megatron would have taken care of the issue of Nemesis, someone he shared a connection with even if she had yet to realize it, but his assumption had been incorrect. Well, no matter, the Maximals would be all over her, watching her every move, so she would have no time to investigate the matter further.
"Everyone, return to Base. We don't want to loiter out here much longer and attract those Predacons to us," "We have a lot of questions that need answering and we can't do that unless we get underway and all of us pull together to start looking."
Indeed. Granted his plan had not gone by quite as flawlessly as he had anticipated, but none of these little bumps in the road were nowhere near large enough to derail it. It was a pity the Predacon prisoner had not been smart enough to avoid the infection since he could have been a useful pawn, but Nexus was not about to worry about it. From the sound of it, this Sonar was too bent out of shape to give his captors any information. Not that it would matter much even if he did since Nexus had taken the necessary precautions.

In the distance the sound of an ongoing battle served as proof that neither of the two Predacon factions had gained the upper hand just yet, but Nexus wasn't worried about that either. In the end his own comrades would surely win, they had superior firepower in the form of their ship and Dirge was known as quite the force of nature.. secondary only to himself, of course. The attacking Predacons would exhaust themselves and then make for easy targets, not that Nexus would mourn their losses any.

Nemesis glanced over in the direction of the battle, not entirely sure of what was going on, but she soon returned her silent stare to Optimus as he attempted to usher his troops back to base. She appreciated the attempt, realizing he wanted to give her some space. But she remained in her spot, awaiting instructions. Obviously some of the other Maximals were less than happy about her presence here, the rodent in particular voicing his opinions quite clearly.
"What about her?"
The avian Predacon shot him an annoyed glare. She wanted to retaliate, quite badly infact, and only barely managed to hold back some venomous words that had found themselves at the tip of her tongue. Her patience paid off when Optimus addressed her mere moments later.
"If she's willing, Nemesis may seek refuge with us until we figure out how and why she was set up."
With an ever so slight smile, Nemesis nodded and stood up. She stayed in her spot by the cliff, however, merely watching as the Maximals squabbled amongst themselves.
"Aurora, Rhinox will need your help finding an antidote for this hallucinogen. I fear Sonar's mentality may be too compromised to offer us anything."
The small fuzor peered out from her spot behind Rattrap, who was now too preoccupied with arguing with Optimus to really be paying close attention to what everyone else were doing.

"No problem, we'll figure something out," she promised, attempting to sound confident although her voice betrayed her. Infact she wasn't even entirely sure what was going on just yet. She'd caught the part about Sonar escaping, somehow, and releasing this gas that had been infecting everyone exposed to it, but she wasn't sure of the extent of this infection nor did she have any ideas on how to counter it just yet.

A bit irritated with Ironclaw still being in his face, Nexus moved around him so he could be closer to Optimus once the Maximal commander stepped away from the female Predacon to converse with Rattrap. The smaller Maximal rodent was annoying, but perhaps his suspicions and overall negative outlook on the Predacons and even Nexus himself could be exploited. Or perhaps he would just take advantage of the horrors that would haunt the smaller Maximal when he got infected as well, and make those nightmares a reality. The sooner they all gathered inside the base, the faster the virus would spread to them all. In such close proximity all the Maximals would be affected soon enough, and he alone would be immune. Well.. he wasn't quite sure about Nemesis, but that could be taken care of easily enough. There was nothing the Maximals could do to counter it, no surprises they could come up with.
"I have agreed to exchange myself and Nexus for their safe release."
Aside from perhaps.. that.

The surprise on Nexus' face was genuine as he met Optimus' apologetic look. Aurora, meanwhile, was wide eyed and looked completely shocked. She then came rushing towards Optimus, barely able to stop mere feet away from him as she recalled that he had been exposed to this unknown substance that made everyone go crazy. Lip quivering, she looked up at him, pleading with him with her eyes. "Don't go, not again! Last time I.. we.. had to watch you die!"

Annoyance growing within, since now he wouldn't be able to harvest the fruits of his labor for a while still, Nexus quickly calmed himself. No.. he couldn't blow his cover just yet and the real Nexus would welcome this opportunity to bond with his pupil. Such an adventure could still be interesting, Nexus told himself, even if it did delay his plans for the remaining Maximals.

"I.. see," he said, pondering.

"However I should be the one to go. You have a responsibility to your Maximals and I have already served my term. I shall go in your place."
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Megatron wrote: "GET ME THE SPIDERS ON THE COMMS, NOW!"

Ye-yes sir! Quickstrike responded, fumbling a bit on the keyboard as he suddenly started to bring up the spiders on the coms.

Megatron wrote:"THEY'VE ESCAPED?!"
Umbra hopped off the board, heading down the hall as he heard Inferno sniveling back to Megatron.
Megatron wrote:"I don't care how it happened you fool! All that matters to me is that you recapture them immediately before my entire plan goes crashing down straight into the Pit!"
Megatron wrote: "The spiders will be on their way to assist you both shortly, DO NOT LOSE THEM, its all over if the prisoners escape the Darksyde and contact their friends before Primal and Nexus get here. Lethal force and serious damage is unacceptable, our "guests of honor" will be arriving in 30 cycles, any damage you inflict on our escapees must be minimal enough to be healed within that allotted time or else Primal may go back on his word. I shall take no chances on this one, no further mistakes can be made, if that is clear, DO AS I COMMAND AND RECAPTURE THOSE MAXIMALS!"

Umbra smirked and responded Understood.

Umbra then opened up his comlink Quickstrike, I need bulkheads on the bow of the ship down now.

Quickstrike raised an optic ridge and responded Uh.. sure thing.
Tarantulas wrote:"Tarantulas to Umbra, Megatron has informed me of the crisis at hand, what is your position?"

Umbra responded Heading on starboard hall to the bow, take the port hall with your group. I had Quickstrike seal off the passage ahead, they should be trapped. We'll hit them with our Cybervenom and disarm them this time.

Umbra then slowed down in the hall, speaking up to Inferno without turning to face the insect You're right, I'm not the sub-commander.. But our objective is the same..Also, I don't take orders from you. But I'll listen if those orders have merit.

Cheetor flew along through the hall ways, as he noticed the halls converged into a single hall way, he slowed down to a stop as blast doors sealed closed, blocking their path. Oh slag..

Umbra stepped out of the hall with his gun placed against his shoulder, looking down it's sight at Banshee End of the line Cheetor.. I suggest you two come peacefully.

Cheetor looked towards Umbra and Inferno, then looked towards the other hall noticing foot steps coming down from it .. Any more tricks up your wing? he then said looking towards Banshee.

Waspinator's head wobbled in a strange dizzy manner, then jarred a bit as he spoke up in a completely different voice I'm a pepper, you can be a pepper too! after which a small pebble fell onto his head.

Waspinator then shook his head Ooo.. Wazzpinator taste purple. he flapped his some what bent wings taking to the air, being still functional, but possibly a bit of a concussion.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

((The forum logged me out automatically...my post was gone so I'mma summarize my original post.))

"No..." Starshadow stood up from her seat, slowly flying to the vents, "Tell the spiders to work on whatever their doing. I'm going after her myself," and with that, she entered the vents and sniffed the air, tracking Banshee's scent like a hunter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Predacons do know what they were doing. Trapping them like rats was the only thing that could happen at the moment.
End of the line Cheetor.. I suggest you two come peacefully.
Banshee narrowed her pastel yellow optics while one of her hands reached for her back sub-space to get two throwing knives, hiding the view with her wings, "We don't do peacefully when our lives are threatened. We won't leave this place alive if we do...so send Megatron our regards!" the bat femme fired a sonic blast at the mech, hoping it would stun him for a while. So far he was not the only one who was on the hunt. Starshadow burst out of the vents near the Maximals, grabbing Banshee by her shoulders and threw her to the blast door.

"Now now...we don't have time to entertain you prisoners at this point of time, and thank you for leading me the way with your scream, " the catbot smirked and put her hands on her hips before looking towards Umbra, "the bat's mine, tell the others if they try to interrupt my 'reunion', I'll tear them limb by limb..."
Banshee glared at her for the dynamic entrance that sent her to the door and stood up, "I don't know how you ended up from a leader to Megatron's pawn and I don't care what you think Nightstar..It's not surprising though. You're just like them afterall."

Starshadow laughed. She found it amusing that it was definitely a small universe. They, face-to-face, in a dire situation, about to have another bloody fight, "I assure you, I am not like the others. I prefer to play with my prisoners before they die infront of me. Remember Binge and his little friends?"

Banshee did not reply. Her answer was shown through her glare in her pastel yellow optics.

"I hope you did. It's because it was the most memorable time we shared together. To redeem my past failure for the last time, I want parts of you...everywhere...staining the walls as I get to enjoy crushing your spark!"

Banshee and Starshadow drew their arm blades and clashed them against on another, "but of course I can't...Megatron wants you alive. I will chain you up and drag you around or worse, electrocute you!"

"Then why aren't you doing now..?"

"Ohh...fun comes first," Banshee kicked Starshadow away and threw her throwing knives at her. The catbot simply rolled to the side and fired off some bolts which the bat avoided.

((OOC: Speeding things up a little since I have a report to finish...ugh...tired...))
Mystrea

Unread post by Mystrea »

Ironclaws finger retracted away from Nexus Peime to complete his fist. He gave him a final look of distrust and payed more attention to the others as the situation unfolded. Rattrap spoke up and confronted Optimus, his eyes shifted between the two as they argued. The badger agreed with the rat completely, he could not accept Nemesis into their base. She would have to be locked up, unaware that Sonar had managed to escape. His scowl came back as Whitegeazer took it upon herself to keep a division them, Optimus and the enemy. He didn't care for it so he marched towards her and pushed her out of the way. Her inane babble was driving him crazy. Ironclaw joined the pair by the cliff face and drew one of his weapons. "I won't you do it Optimus" he said looking at him but pointing his cannon at Nemesis. "You think because she's playing nice now, she will play nice later? You're willing to aid her back into the Predacon ranks?" The solider took a moment to loom over him. "We need a leader, not a peace keeper..." He said through gritted teeth.
Then Optimus hit them with the big news. Trade both of you? Ironclaw didn't know how quite to react to that given that he felt slightly responsible for it. New leadership would have to be found. However at that point held back on who was to be leader. He realised they had no way out of this. "I'm going to be present at the exchange"

(I second Blackrose. This virus seems rubbish, some are already 'handling' it before other get infected. Does it get worse later on or something? These are things I would like to know. Plus just saying they will be in close proximity doesn't mean anything if Optimus is aware that he's infected. So he decides not to touch anyone? I was imagining something that really took over and would cause bots to touch others due to violence or just being scared. I thought it was going to a few survivors who had to come together to make a cure. This of course would have been after escaping their infected team mates.)
Last edited by Mystrea on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:"Enough!" Primal finally raised his voice with a growl deep in his throat. He wasn't expecting Rattrap to say those names and use them against him and Nemesis. It hurt. "She's not going to harm anyone because there's too much at stake for all of our sake's! And even if she tries anything, she will be constantly surrounded and monitored by Maximals day in and day out. She'll have extremely limited access. I know the risks, and we'll take the proper precautions. I am far more concerned about Darkwind right now, and we could use her help finding him and clearing her name so she can return to the Darksyde. This won't be easy for her either, Rattrap. I'm just looking for a little cooperation here and giving her a chance."
She transformed into her robot form. The argument between Optimus and Rattrap was inevitable. Though, she wasn't worried. Rattrap never did anything that compromised the team. Despite his disagreements, tough attitude and his penchant for foot in mouth syndrome when it came to things dealing with Predacons or his sarcasm, he would, grudgingly, comply as he understands that it is true. They can't fight the enemy inside while fighting the enemy outside. It may not stop him from being paranoid or distrustful, but he won't do anything that may put others at risk.

Ironclaw entered the exchange, scowling and pushing her of the way to get a better aim at Nemesis and throwing his two cents in.

Whitegrazer took Ironclaw's push as she did with Rattrap's irritated swipe of her hand and keep a calm and reasonable tone,"Whoever this Darkwind is, he is more of a threat than Nemesis is now. We have a common enemy and I sense nothing but truth in Nemesis. Nemesis didn't have to come here and give us this information, but she did. I believe that should be taken into consideration. With us helping Nemesis back into Predacon ranks, we are also are gaining the identity of someone who is playing us for fools."

Whitegrazer looked at Nemesis, remembering the battle they had before, remembering her own promise to give Nemesis a place and make sure she never placed in a cage.

I promised you I wouldn't allow you to be put in a cage. I will do my best to make sure that no one ever tries.

She gave a comforting smile before Optimus spoke about what she had fely moments before.
Primal shook his head with a heavy sigh, reluctant to explain. His voice was firm but there was an unmistakable hint of sorrow and defeat woven inside. "Megatron has captured Cheetor and another Maximal; the one Dinobot's team sought after. Her name is Banshee." Labeling her a Maximal was just easier at this point, and he purposely avoided the blame-game because it would have been unprofessional and unnecessary. "I have agreed to exchange myself and Nexus for their safe release." He glanced at Nexus apologetically, although knowing him, the Admiral was probably looking forward to confronting the Predacons and giving them a hard time. "That's why I need to know Landslide's condition because I want him and Whitegrazer to rendezvous with them and make sure Megatron doesn't go back on his word. In the meantime, a cure needs to be found for this hallucinogen before anyone even thinks about coming to our aid, and you need to find out who Darkwind is and how he gets around so easily without being noticed. That's why I need everyone's cooperation." Ultimately, his and Nexus's lives depended on it. Even Nemesis's. If they wanted their fearless leader back, they would all have to work together efficiently, diligently and quickly.
Phoenix wrote:"Don't go, not again! Last time I.. we.. had to watch you die!"
She watched as she saw all the arguments cease as the situation took a darker turn. A turn she had already sensed and known. She gazed at Optimus as he told everyone what was going to happen soon. Whitegrazer was pained by Aurora's realization of what was going on. Placing her hand where her spark was, where she felt Optimus getting ripped apart from the transwarp explosion and that cold, echoing silence, she understood. She just hoped that all this would be over soon. That they find this Predacon who was hiding in their ranks. That they will get Cheetor and Banshee home. And that Optimus and Nexus's stay at the Predacon base a very, very short one before any sort of harm befalls upon them.

The only thing she could do now was to do her duty and follow Optimus's instructions, "You may relay on us both to make sure Megatron doesn't go back on his word."

And you may relay on us all to make sure you and Nexus get out of there.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Despite the incident with Tarantulas and Arachnitron, she put the finishing touches on her project when...surprise surprise... grapeface was bellowing for her assistance with recapturing those Maximals. Couldn't anyone do their job right? She let her project sit and raced to Umbra's location with her cybervenom loaded with enough juice to take down two Maximals if need be. Cheetor and...who was the other one? She didn't care. She decided to let Umbra handle Cheetor as she fired her cybervenom at the newbie.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

Naitokage wrote:
Waspinator's head wobbled in a strange dizzy manner, then jarred a bit as he spoke up in a completely different voice I'm a pepper, you can be a pepper too! after which a small pebble fell onto his head.

Waspinator then shook his head Ooo.. Wazzpinator taste purple. he flapped his some what bent wings taking to the air, being still functional, but possibly a bit of a concussion.

"Primus give me strength" Terrorsaur groaned at his partner's inane banter, but satisfied that he could still fly.

"Buster, we're back. I'm bored toying with this slaggin ship, lets hit with with another volley and break those blasted shields already, they have to be ready to fall after this much punishment!" Terrorsaur commanded, experienced in the downing of shields from all the time he's spent trying to take the maximal base.

"LIGHT EM UP! RAWK!" Terrorsaur crowed as he fired a dozen missiles at the enemy ship, eyes glowing with anticipation of FINALLY getting at whoever the hell was giving him this much trouble.

Starshadow wrote: "No..." Starshadow stood up from her seat, slowly flying to the vents, "Tell the spiders to work on whatever their doing. I'm going after her myself," and with that, she entered the vents and sniffed the air, tracking Banshee's scent like a hunter.

"How dare you?!" Megatron yelled at Starshadow as she disobeyed his direct order and joined the hunt.

"How dare you?!" Megatron repeated to himself, more subdued this time, but somehow even more menacing, his lethal whisper a promise of untold pain he would inflict upon Starshadow for crossing him at such a critical time, and so soon after Nemesis had already betrayed him.

"Inferno! Umbra! Starshadow has disobeyed my orders and is on her way to your position, DO NOT LET HER KILL THE MAXIMALS! Quickstrike! Find me Darkwind on the scanners, NOW!" Megatron roared, needing someone to replace Starshadow and needing all hands on deck anyway with all this hell breaking loose anyway.

Starshadow wrote: Banshee and Starshadow drew their arm blades and clashed them against on another, "but of course I can't...Megatron wants you alive. I will chain you up and drag you around or worse, electrocute you!"

"Then why aren't you doing now..?"

"Ohh...fun comes first," Banshee kicked Starshadow away and threw her throwing knives at her. The catbot simply rolled to the side and fired off some bolts which the bat avoided.

"You heard the octopus, I'll poison the bat, you get the cat. We'll take them both out at once! Hehehehahaha!" Tarantulas chuckled, looking forward to this confrontation as he and Arachnitron rushed down the hall to cut off and entrap the escapees as Umbra had instructed...Only to discover Starshadow in the midst of fighting them herself.
Una wrote: Despite the incident with Tarantulas and Arachnitron, she put the finishing touches on her project when...surprise surprise... grapeface was bellowing for her assistance with recapturing those Maximals. Couldn't anyone do their job right? She let her project sit and raced to Umbra's location with her cybervenom loaded with enough juice to take down two Maximals if need be. Cheetor and...who was the other one? She didn't care. She decided to let Umbra handle Cheetor as she fired her cybervenom at the newbie.

"Umbra, what happened to the plan?" Tarantulas asked, not having the patience for this "duel of fates" nonsense as he took aim at the maximal bat, firing several cybervenom shots.

He didn't really care if he hit Starshadow since the fool was clearly interfering with what would have been a simple and easy ambush, but the shots were meant to paralyze not kill, so she'd live, and he had no intention of allowing the maximals to slip away, or take the blame for a this catastrophe.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Quickstrike blinked as Starshadow left her post, then started to hear Megatron behind him.
Megatron wrote:"How dare you?!" "How dare you?!""Inferno! Umbra! Starshadow has disobeyed my orders and is on her way to your position, DO NOT LET HER KILL THE MAXIMALS! Quickstrike! Find me Darkwind on the scanners, NOW!"

Quickstrike nodded turning on the scanners, he then made a loud glup Uh.. Boss.. Darkwind can't be found on the scanners.. ?

Umbra raised his arms up as he was hit with the Sonic blast, his body flexing in an unnatural manner as the blast struck, his tentacles gripping the floor to keep himself up right as he took the brunt of the blast, knocking his Gauss rifle from his hand.

After the attack, he heard Starshadow show up, hearing Megatron on the radio.
Megatron wrote:Inferno! Umbra! Starshadow has disobeyed my orders and is on her way to your position, DO NOT LET HER KILL THE MAXIMALS!
starshadow wrote:"Now now...we don't have time to entertain you prisoners at this point of time, and thank you for leading me the way with your scream, ""the bat's mine, tell the others if they try to interrupt my 'reunion', I'll tear them limb by limb..."

Umbra shook his head, then suddenly cheetor lunged for him. Umbra grabbed Cheetor with his hands and tentacles, then brought up his knee as his jump jet activated for a brief moment, striking Cheetor hard in the stomach and sending him flying into a wall. Cheetor slid down the wall stunned from the blow.
Tarantulas wrote:"Umbra, what happened to the plan?"

Umbra turned towards Tarantulas She's acting of her own accord.. but work comes before play. Shoot them both.

Umbra then walked towards Cheetor picking the cat up by the neck as he started to gasp, drawing his poison short sword, he slid it between the exposed plating in chest, it was a shallow strike avoiding Cheetor's vitals just narrowly. Cheetor let out a scream of pain, then collapsed unconscious from the poison, being dropped to the floor. One of his tentacles scooping up his rifle from the floor.

starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Despite the incident with Tarantulas and Arachnitron, she put the finishing touches on her project when...surprise surprise... grapeface was bellowing for her assistance with recapturing those Maximals. Couldn't anyone do their job right? She let her project sit and raced to Umbra's location with her cybervenom loaded with enough juice to take down two Maximals if need be. Cheetor and...who was the other one? She didn't care. She decided to let Umbra handle Cheetor as she fired her cybervenom at the newbie.
Banshee saw the incoming cybervenom and kept her arm blades then crouched to avoid it.

Starshadow snarled at Blackarachnia as her optics turned red and, deactivated her blades and pulled out her gun, firing it at her, "STAY OUT OF IT!" Clearly she was not in the mood to deal with her comrades. The situation got her more excited in a negative way, she had a sudden urge to kill everything. As the next wave of cybervenom shots were flying right towards them, Starshadow then dropped her gun, charged up her hands with electricity and fired as many bolts as possible to destroy them but two of them brushed through her shoulder and left arm.

It was a good opportunity to pass for Banshee to hurt the cat bot or better, kill her, so she drew her arm blades once again and rammed through them at the white panther's lower back which made her scream in pain. As Starshadow screamed, parts of her lower jaw split up and opened, giving her a mutant look. Her mech fluid did not looked normal either, the color of it was not the color of cybertronian mech fluid. "I'm surprised that they didn't kill you sooner than they should! You're nothing but a freak of nature! An outsider! A REAL TRAITOR TO CYBERTRON ITSELF!" Banshee twisted the blade, making Starshadow scream louder.

"It's true that I've...commited treason, murder and other list of things...but I'm doing it...for a very good reason!" and with that Starshadow grab hold of the protruding blades out of her and sent a high voltage of electricity to shock the bat to unconciousness, "I hate bats..." the catbot pulled herself off the blades and went down on her knees, bleeding profusely while Banshee was on the floor behind her.

((OOC: Yay! More secrets out. I pity Megs. I really do. :P))
admiralgrim

Unread post by admiralgrim »

((OOC: Sorry for the delay guys, things have been a bit hectic recently.))

Night Terror smiled to himself as he watched the flyers scatter from the missiles launched by his minion. He steered his ship to face the enemy flyers.

Night Terror fired at the one that seemed to be leading the attack. All around him, consoles were sparking from the damage already. The shields were already severely damaged.

"Dirge keep up the fire on the flyers. We need to-" Night Terror was cut off as his ship rocked as more missiles slammed in to the shields.

"No!" he screamed in rage as the shields finally collapsed.

He did not have many options, the enemy had better maneuverability than he did in this ship. When in doubt, attack.

Night Terror fired the ships weapons at the enemy Predacons and speed his ship straight towards them.

((OOC: Sorry there is not much, I am having a bit of writers block.))
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: I must say, Darkspark, your post with Megs had me gigging. ;) Loving this, truly!

As for the virus, I think it should be up to the individual players whether they want their characters to be affected or if so, just how severely they get it. The virus was not part of the initial plot for this episode but seemed to be something that players were keen on so we decided to implement it. Primal is able to control it better than most due to having a small amount of that same tech Nemesis and Nexus both have in his system right now. It would simply be impossible to play out the rest of the episode if Optimus went nuttier than a squirrel in a peanut butter factory so he needs some capability of logical thinking. However since it is a virus, I'm not foreign to the idea that the virus goes into a duplication phase where it merely spreads throughout its host and then returns with a vengeance. How the virus thing is going to play out, I don't know, nor do I know how it will end. )
IC:
Ironclaw wrote:"I won't you do it Optimus" "You think because she's playing nice now, she will play nice later? You're willing to aid her back into the Predacon ranks?"
Nemesis rolled her eyes as another of the Maximals, this time the large and overly aggressive badger she had met previously, voiced his opinion. The verbal assault was accompanied by another weapon being aimed at her, an action that merely caused her to tilt her head while eyeing the aggressor. It was hardly unexpected, of course, so she didn't bother speaking up. She already knew that Optimus wouldn't allow either one of them to harm her. What she had done to them in the past hardly mattered, Optimus was forever giving second chances due to his very nature. Albeit where she had formerly assumed this tendency was a sign of weakness, part of her was now almost beginning to think that this devotion could very well be Primal's greatest asset. The other Maximals, or at least the vast majority of them, all looked up to the ape and listened. None of them went against his orders, even if they sometimes questioned the rationale behind them.

A flicker of recognition appeared in her optics as Optimus made it clear that he had volunteered himself and this Nexus fellow to be exchanged for the prisoners currently held at the Predacon base. Somehow the ape's decision didn't surprise her overly much, but it made no sense regardless. She wanted to speak up, to ask him if he'd lost his mind, but knowing how much she relied on keeping on Optimus' good side, she thought the better of it. For now. The situation was heated enough as was. Shaking her head at the lunacy of such a plan, of putting the lives of the highest ranking officer and someone who was obviously close to him on the line.. and for what? A foolish teenager and a potential new recruit that had in no way, shape or form proven herself loyal to the Maximals?

Anger rising at the dilemma, she turned her focus to the more immediate threat of weapons being aimed at her. She was close enough to this Ironclaw to be able to disarm him with a well placed kick to his weapon, and agile enough to be likely to avoid serious harm from the rodent. Even if they did get some shots on her, her nanites would heal her up again soon enough. And she was out in the open so getting away if the situation escalated further wouldn't be terribly difficult either. Still.. she had faith in Primal's ability to restrain his trigger-happy troops, even if his plan of surrendering was among the dumbest solutions to a problem she'd ever heard. Perhaps he had ulterior motives that he wasn't telling them..? Maybe he would set up an ambush at the exchange site so that he could reclaim his missing crew members and teach Megatron a lesson? No.. that seemed more like a military approach and not something Optimus would do. Even if he was trying to trick someone.

Either Primal was incredibly loyal to his friends or incredibly stupid. Or maybe a bit of both. Nemesis would have taken a different approach if the roles were reversed, one which involved carnage. If her crew members did not survive the onslaught, oh well.. Such sentimental nonsense wasn't something she wasted much time on.

And yet here they were.. Here she was.. Surrounded by Maximals she considered to be enemies yet potential allies. Desperate as she was, she still found it difficult to not retaliate against the threats. But somehow she was managing.
Ironclaw wrote: "We need a leader, not a peace keeper..."
Nexus shot the badger an exasperated glare. He was certain they had never met before but the other Maximal was really starting to irk him, more so than even the annoying rodent.

"We have one," the old warrior snuffed before returning his attention to Optimus, "However your friend here does have a point. You are needed here, Optimus, to lead them against this unknown foe and Megatron's forces as well. Stay with your Maximals and I will face Megatron's wrath."

The last couple of sentences sounded very caring and honest, yet brave and dignified. With as many medals as the real Nexus Prime had to decorate his chambers, his replacement was quite confident that he portrayed the role quite well and part of him could barely wait for recognition for what he had accomplished here. And soon things were going to get far more interesting for the Maximals surrounding him. Of course he had no expectation of Optimus agreeing with his persuasive but still hollow words. Even if he did, all Nexus had to do was vanish for a short time, something that was hardly troublesome for someone of his skill.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

OOC:
As for the virus, I think it should be up to the individual players whether they want their characters to be affected or if so, just how severely they get it. Primal is able to control it better than most due to having a small amount of that same tech Nemesis and Nexus both have in his system right now. It would simply be impossible to play out the rest of the episode if Optimus went nuttier than a squirrel in a peanut butter factory so he needs some capability of logical thinking. However since it is a virus, I'm not foreign to the idea that the virus goes into a duplication phase where it merely spreads throughout its host and then returns with a vengeance. How the virus thing is going to play out, I don't know, nor do I know how it will end.

That's fine with me and certainly sounds reasonable. None of my ideas for my characters are dependent on my characters either contracting or not contracting the virus.....so I don't really care. I'll play it out naturally and if a situation comes up where they contract it, no big deal. If they never contract it, still no big deal.

The thread where we were discussing the virus initially might be a good place to discuss the cure as well...
The virus was not part of the initial plot for this episode but seemed to be something that players were keen on so we decided to implement it.

See, now that's the part that gets me upset.....the virus doesn't much matter to me. I can take it or leave it.... But it's the principle of the thing. Obviously, it is to be expected that other things would happen on the side and people wouldn't necessarily be privy to the information of what's going to be happening between other players. But this is the MAIN PLOT LINE we're talking about here. Don't you think we have a right to know when it comes to the MAIN PLOT LINE!?

Some of us went into this episode believing the virus thing was the actual major plot line. It had an entire thread of discussion devoted to everyone's ideas about the virus and how things should play out. And it wasn't until after the episode started that we learned the "major plot point" was different than we discussed. The virus seems to have taken a back seat and only some people were privy to this information.....and apparently this information that only some people were privy to was, in actuality, the main plot point. I mean, how can that be right? How can it be right that the rest of us had no say in deciding what is the main plot and what isn't?
(I second Blackrose. This virus seems rubbish, some are already 'handling' it before other get infected. Does it get worse later on or something? These are things I would like to know. Plus just saying they will be in close proximity doesn't mean anything if Optimus is aware that he's infected. So he decides not to touch anyone? I was imagining something that really took over and would cause bots to touch others due to violence or just being scared. I thought it was going to a few survivors who had to come together to make a cure. This of course would have been after escaping their infected team mates.)

I don't know that I'd call the virus "rubbish" just yet....it's a little early to jump to that conclusion...but Mystrea is further proof that not everyone is on the same page. In the future, we should make sure everyone is on the same page when we start the episode regarding the main plot of the episode. Everyone's side stories are their own business, but the main plot concerns us all. Things change, sure, and maybe what we start out discussing isn't what we end up deciding on, but it feels like a small group of people just made the decision about what was "main plot" and what was "subplot" and did not share that with everyone. Even if it is just Mystrea and I that were out of the loop....that means "everyone" was not on the same page.

BIC:
"I don't care how it happened you fool! All that matters to me is that you recapture them immediately before my entire plan goes crashing down straight into the Pit!" he yelled back at the clueless insect, before, with great effort, suppressing his outrage long enough to add "The spiders will be on their way to assist you both shortly, DO NOT LOSE THEM, its all over if the prisoners escape the Darksyde and contact their friends before Primal and Nexus get here. Lethal force and serious damage is unacceptable, our "guests of honor" will be arriving in 30 cycles, any damage you inflict on our escapees must be minimal enough to be healed within that allotted time or else Primal may go back on his word. I shall take no chances on this one, no further mistakes can be made, if that is clear, DO AS I COMMAND AND RECAPTURE THOSE MAXIMALS!"

Inferno sighed in defeat. He was ashamed at how badly he had failed the Royalty.

"As you command, my Queen. We will not fail you this time," Inferno promised the commander. He shut off his comm link.
You're right, I'm not the sub-commander.. But our objective is the same..Also, I don't take orders from you. But I'll listen if those orders have merit.

"We must recapture the Maximals," Inferno ordered Umbra in what seemed like blatant disregard for what he had just said about taking orders from Inferno until Inferno added as an afterthought, "The Royalty commands it."

Inferno followed Umbra after the Maximals. Inferno overheard the octopus hail Quickstrike and tell him to close up the hallway ahead of the Maximals to corner them. Quickstrike obliged and soon the Maximals could go no further down the hall.

"Good work, Quickstrike," Inferno complimented the fuzor over the comms. "The Royalty will be---" He started to say, but was interrupted as he spied Starshadow leaping out of one of the vents and tackling one of the Maximal prisoners.
"Inferno! Umbra! Starshadow has disobeyed my orders and is on her way to your position, DO NOT LET HER KILL THE MAXIMALS!"

"Yes, my Queen!" Inferno responded over the comms to Megatron.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ELSEWHERE:
"TARANTULAS! ARACHNITRON! BLACKARACHNIA! ALL THREE OF YOU HAVE BETTER COMPLETED YOUR PROJECTS, IF SO, CONVERGE ON INFERNO'S AND UMBRA'S LOCATION AND HELP THEM RESTRAIN THOSE BLASTED MAXIMALS, AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME OR ELSE!"

Arachnitron was surprised to hear Megatron's voice bellowing over the comms. Tarantulas was quick to radio Umbra for his coordinates and for instructions.
"Tarantulas to Umbra, Megatron has informed me of the crisis at hand, what is your position?"

"Heading on starboard hall to the bow, take the port hall with your group. I had Quickstrike seal off the passage ahead, they should be trapped. We'll hit them with our Cybervenom and disarm them this time.

Tarantulas turned to Arachnitron.
"You heard the octopus, I'll poison the bat, you get the cat. We'll take them both out at once! Hehehehahaha!"

Arachnitron hardly had time to respond as she raced after Tarantulas and headed towards the others...

--------------------------------------------------

Arachnitron and Tarantulas arrived in the hall just as Starshadow engaged in battle with Banshee. She and Starshadow didn't waste any time shouting threats at each other and throwing their knives and other weapons at each other.

"YOU ARE NOT TO KILL THE MAXIMALS!" Inferno futilely shouted to Starshadow over the din.
"Umbra, what happened to the plan?" Tarantulas asked, not having the patience for this "duel of fates" nonsense as he took aim at the maximal bat, firing several cybervenom shots.

Arachnitron followed suit in firing cybervenom shots at Banshee and Starshadow as Umbra and Blackarachnia had made quick work of subduing Cheetor. The octopus was already carting him off to return the young Maximal to his cell.
"She's acting of her own accord.. but work comes before play. Shoot them both."

"Yes," Inferno agreed with Umbra. "But do not kill the Maximal. The Royalty wants them both alive!" he repeated Megatron's commands as he added his own firepower to the fray.

Arachnitron nodded and fired another shot of cybervenom at Starshadow and Banshee.

Suddenly, Banshee jammed her arm blades into the panther's lower back. Starshadow screamed in pain in a way that made Arachnitron cringe. It almost looked like she had unhinged her lower jaw with her scream. Strange mech fluid leaked down from her wound, but she proceeded to electrocute the bat. Arachnitron didn't even know Starshadow could do that!

Starshadow fell to the floor as did Banshee. Arachnitron knelt down over the unconscious Maximal and used her webbing to bind the bat's hands and feet.

"The Royalty will be pleased that you helped apprehend the prisoners," Inferno said to the spiders as he, first, disarmed the prisoner, and then, picked up the prisoner to return her to her cell. He followed Umbra to the brig where they would lock up the prisoners once again.

Arachnitron watched Inferno and Umbra leave the hall and turned to Tarantulas. "What do we do with Starshadow?" Arachnitron asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"We don't know how it happened," Rhinox answered Dinobot as he caught up to them. "Sonar had knocked out Saber-Fang somehow and then he was suddenly in the command center. I attempted to stop him from escaping and without harming Saber-Fang, we struggled, and then he threw this vile of some sort that exploded on the floor, and the gaseous liquid inside turned to vapor when it was exposed. That's how the hallucinogen got airborne. I don't know how Sonar escaped his cell but I'm certain Optimus will have everyone back here soon to regroup and find out what happened."

"As for Sonar's transportation, I don't want you to touch him in case this is contagious, so I'll handle it. Just follow me and make sure he doesn't do anything to seriously injure either of us," the engineer explained. Then he approached the bat carefully with his hands out, ready to grab him and pick him up off the floor.

Dinobot nodded at the green Maximal. "Understood," he replied.

He waited while Rhinox approached the bat carefully. He reached out to grab him and pick him up off the floor, but before he could Sonar's head snapped sharply to the left and he fell backwards unconscious. It couldn't have been any easier.

"Ah," Dinobot sighed. "If only Sonar were always that cooperative." Secretly he wished he knew what Sonar was seeing....it would certainly be useful information in the future were he ever interested in gaining an upper hand of some sort with the bat. Not only that, but it would be nice to know that one thing that Sonar seemed to fear. He couldn't recall ever seeing his former comrade express this level of fear before. He was intrigued to say the least; but alas, he would never know just what was going through that deranged creature's mind.

"Lead the way," Dinobot said once the rhinoceros was ready to transport the prisoner to the medical bay. Hopefully, the would have some answers soon.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: I'm back!

:lol: I love what's going on with the Predacons and Megatron's panicking. Good stuff.

As for the virus, whether or not your character gets infected is completely up to everyone; it's not mandatory. Ironclaw won't be since Mystrea has already made that clear. Rattrap won't be because he'll end up leading the Maximals while OP is gone since Rhinox and Orcariner are compromised. It will be contagious through touch only since the gas has long since been dispersed and vented out of the base to cause anymore contamination being airborne. While at first I thought it would be great for Optimus to spread the virus to the Predacons during his surrender, I've been leading up to him being merely a carrier by the time he's at the Darksyde while the nanites fight against it; this way he can still be himself, and in order to keep the Predacons themselves throughout his and Nexus's stay there, we can simply keep it contained within Optimus and he won't be contagious. No big deal here. Maybe after they beat him up and torture him or whatever, his immune system and energy will grow weaker and won't be able to fight off the infection anymore and it will creep back on him (kind of like what Phoenix recently suggested) when he's rescued and back at the Axalon so the Maximals can cure him properly. This episode will obviously be a two-parter. ))

BIC:
"No problem, we'll figure something out,"
Watching Aurora peek out from behind Rattrap who had finally lowered his weapon, Optimus nodded at the young Fuzor, putting his faith into her like he always did. Although she sounded a little nervous and uncertain, he knew she and Rhinox and whoever else could help them would be able to get it done.
"Don't go, not again! Last time I.. we.. had to watch you die!"
A soft smile crossed the leader's face as she ran up to him, begging him not to go. He wished he didn't have to, just to save Aurora any more anguish and sorrow in this war. But he had to. He didn't see that his life was worth more than Cheetor's and Banshee's, and he couldn't have their deaths on his conscious every second of every day; it would eat him up inside. It was unlikely that he'd be able to live with himself if anything happened to them if he didn't do this, especially after everything Cheetor had been through. He was like a son to him. Primal frowned sadly down at Aurora, holding back his own tears as his orange optics stared right back into her's. "I'm so sorry, Aurora. But I have to do this," Optimus tried saying without his voice wavering. Her expression and sweet voice was very difficult for him to argue. He was about to bend down and hug her, without thinking about the virus inside of him, when Nexus spoke up and interrupted him. He had also seen the Admiral's reaction to the news and suddenly remembered how he never wanted him involved with any of this despite what Nexus said to him earlier about being stranded there with them now.
"I.. see," "However I should be the one to go. You have a responsibility to your Maximals and I have already served my term. I shall go in your place."
Primal was so grateful to hear that and to have Nexus there. His volunteering and selflessness touched his spark, and as much as this offer of his probably gave Aurora hope again, he couldn't accept it. Optimus, shaking his head, explained, "These were Megatron's terms. You and I for them. And we must be unarmed."

Watching Ironclaw shove Whitegrazer and approach him and Nemesis, the Commander let out a deep growl and stepped toward him, ready to backhand him for being so disrespectful, not just toward a female but toward a fellow comrade and a superior officer. Some how, he was able to control himself and hold back his aggression. Instead, he clenched his sharp teeth and ground them, baring them at the badger.
"I won't you do it Optimus" "You think because she's playing nice now, she will play nice later? You're willing to aid her back into the Predacon ranks?"
"Lower your weapon, Ironclaw," he told him firstly with a firm voice. "And, yes. At the moment, I see Nemesis as more of an advantage to us and a great disadvantage to Megatron. However, as I said before, I'm far more concerned about this Darkwind character. Assuming he actually exists and this isn't some story she's making up just to get into our base, Rattrap should be able to clarify that with the ship's surveillance footage. If there's evidence, then perhaps you would all do better to give her a chance to help us instead of helping Megatron. I understand how all of you feel about this, but she won't be wandering the base alone at any time and her access to anything will be extremely limited."
"We need a leader, not a peace keeper..."
"We have one," "However your friend here does have a point. You are needed here, Optimus, to lead them against this unknown foe and Megatron's forces as well. Stay with your Maximals and I will face Megatron's wrath."
"As far as I'm concerned, Ironclaw, I have never been a leader under your qualifications!" Primal suddenly accused him. He was not the least bit intimidated by his stature or posture as the badger in robot mode "loomed" over him. If Optimus no longer feared Megatron, then there was no one left to daunt him except the Vok. "You deliberately disobey every order I give you and argue with every decision I make more so than Rattrap! You're disrespectful and selfish! And I clearly don't rank as a commanding officer to your satisfaction. So no matter what I say, no matter what my orders are pertaining to this unique situation, you're going to ignore me and stomp away to do your own thing. But do you realize just how much more difficult your negative actions make for everyone else in this war of survival? Everyone's actions here have consequences," Optimus emphasized with his index finger pointing downward. "Everyone," he repeated but refrained himself from listing any specific examples, such as the one he was about to pay for in order to get Cheetor and Banshee back because he had no doubt that Ironclaw had refused to follow Dinobot's orders, or simply being a team player as the badger's past has shown thus resulting in their comrades' capture and now Primal's and Nexus's. He had had enough of Ironclaw's antics and poor behavior. "Now, STAND DOWN," Optimus ordered him not wanting anyone to get shot.

Rattrap had remained uncharacteristically quiet through their leader's explosion on the TransMetal honey badger. There were times Primal yelled at Rattrap and even smacked him to make him shut up, but he had never seen him blow up on anyone like that before. Either it was the hallucinogen talking or the monkey was sincerely fed up with Ironclaw's disapproving methods. Whatever the case, Rattrap came closer to Aurora's side to subtly shield her from the ape's confrontation that may have frightened her for all he knew. It actually kind of frightened him a little.

Then, Primal turned his attention back to Nexus Prime. "I appreciate your bravery and nobility, Nexus, but if we don't hold our end of the bargain, then we're putting their lives in grave danger, and I can't risk that."
"I'm going to be present at the exchange"
"No," the Maximal Commander disagreed with Ironclaw coldly, but at least his tone had lowered. "We're to go alone and unarmed. If I could trust you to follow my orders, then I would allow you to tag along with Whitegrazer and Landslide to retrieve them outside of the Predacon territory once they cross it, but your track-record of irrationality and unpredictability suggests otherwise and I fear you will compromise their well-being. I nor they can afford anyone to screw this up. Megatron made it quite clear that if I deviate from his conditions at even the slightest, they will not hesitate to kill them. At least once Cheetor and Banshee are returned, there's still a chance to get us back. And if there's anything we can do from the inside to help, then we will do it. My orders stand as is: We go alone while Aurora finds a solution to this hallucinogen, Rattrap will search through the footage to find out how Sonar escaped the brig and if there's any video of Nemesis exiting our ship, Landslide and Whitegrazer will aid Cheetor and Banshee in case they're injured or followed, and you, Ironclaw, can babysit Nemesis until you can make yourself useful and cooperative in a possible rescue attempt on our behalf," Primal ended with him pointing at himself and Nexus. "End of discussion. We have no more time to waste, now move out!"

This was a lot for them take in. Rattrap understood Optimus's sacrifice for Cheetor and Banshee but he didn't like it. He thought it was a trap just to get four Maximals and execute them on the spot. He never trusted Megatron's word on anything, however, he did see Optimus and Nexus as very valuable assets in this war of world domination (unlike Cheetor and Banshee) so maybe he would do anything not to miss this opportunity. Their leader could easily take on Megatron since their power and strength were pretty equal, and then to also have Nexus there, Rattrap doubted Megatron would risk tricking them if he could have them so easy like this. He still didn't like the idea and thought Optimus could have negotiated better for more in his favor, then again it sounded like strict terms on Megajerk's part, who was just using the two to get to Primal and Prime anyway, his most worthy adversaries, taking advantage of Optimus doing anything for his Maximals' safety.

The Spy glanced at Nemesis as she got to her feet but remained surprisingly as quiet as he had. It was very... unusual for him to see her not so threatening as she always was during every other encounter. Although he didn't trust her, she sure was putting on a good, consistent act. I wonder how much she's holdin' back right now from attackin' Ironclaw and his trained weapon on 'er, he thought, not letting his guard down even though he had lowered his own gun.
"Whoever this Darkwind is, he is more of a threat than Nemesis is now. We have a common enemy and I sense nothing but truth in Nemesis. Nemesis didn't have to come here and give us this information, but she did. I believe that should be taken into consideration. With us helping Nemesis back into Predacon ranks, we are also are gaining the identity of someone who is playing us for fools."
Considering Whitegrazer could feel and sense a lot more about others than the rest of them could, it brought just a tiny bit of comfort to Rattrap. Still, he could never trust Nemesis. Not after everything she had done to him and the way she had treated him. Once a Decepticon, always a Decepticon. However, he had to follow orders and he had to somewhat try to keep an open mind. ...That was so very difficult for him to do.

Reaching over his shoulders with both arms, Optimus detached his clubs from his back and then held them together in one hand and handed them to Rattrap. He would still need his gun for now in order to fly to the Darksyde and make up for lost time. "Rattrap, you'll have to take command in my absence. Find out what has been transpiring and use your best judgment. And please note that Saber-Fang left the base and is wandering around outside alone and infected. She slipped into the darkness before dawn." Obviously he was trying to remain calm and in control despite everything, hoping that he and Nexus could escape with or without his crew's assistance as long as Megatron didn't execute them immediately. And if they couldn't escape... then it'll be what it'll be. He wanted to hand his clubs to Aurora as he did his swords before and tell her he'd be back for them, but last time he did that he was killed and he was incredibly lucky to come back. He didn't want to recreate that loss and extreme emotion for her again with the same repetitive notion. No, this time would have to be different. He would come back to them, as would Nexus. No matter what it would take, for as long as he could hold out, Optimus would fight and find a way back to his Maximals.

The TransMetal rat reluctantly took his twin clubs as he wrapped his free arm around them to hold them and kept holding his weapon in the other hand. He didn't know what to say at this point. He didn't want to be left in this position under all this uncertainty, aggression, anger, drama, hatred and fear. How the heck was he supposed to lead everyone like this? Some were still suffering from the hallucinations, Sonar was still loose, Saber and her beast were running amok, they knew next to nothing about this hallucinogen, Ironclaw was probably about to pummel Optimus in the face, and they had to accept Nemesis into their home - granted, with very tight security - and find out who this Darkwind guy was and what he wanted besides trying to get Nemesis killed and manipulating Megatron. Rattrap immediately felt overwhelmed and had no idea how Optimus always kept his cool under such burdening conditions. Well, almost always. This morning made for an exception. "We're gonna get you an' Nexus back, Boss Monkey."
"You may relay on us both to make sure Megatron doesn't go back on his word."
Primal studied Whitegrazer and a wave of calmness suddenly wrapped around him. I know, he sent her with gratitude. He had seen her cover her spark with her hand when Aurora spoke up and approached him, pleading him not to lave them again, and felt her return to the time of his death. It was painful, agonizing even, and so much sadness, but not from him nor the mare, from Aurora.

And you may relay on us all to make sure you and Nexus get out of there.

"Not until you rid everyone of their hallucinations first," Optimus enforced at both Rattrap and Whitegrazer even though she hadn't spoken her last determination. After all, they couldn't very well fight efficiently against Predacons if they were all seeing things and were scared of everything they saw. Speaking of which, his were becoming more and more sparse. And the nanogel was still glowing on the side of his chest, the tiny robots still busily working as well as they could since the last boost of power.

(( OOC: I'm going to leave it there so others can react, but my next post should be Optimus leaving since we need to keep rolling here. Ironclaw can still assist with the antidote for the hallucinogen, if you want, Mystrea, as well as aiding in the rescue of Optimus and Nexus later on; his aggression could prove useful there with an ambush whatever they plan on doing to get them back. As for whether or not he obeys and stays away from interfering with retrieving Cheetor and Banshee, that of course is up to you. And please don't take OP yelling at Ironclaw personally from me, I'm just drawing on what he would have observed and gathered from his own point of view in the game. I know some players mistaken that sometimes.

I'll post for Rhinox another time. It's getting late and I don't want to be in front of my computer all night after having just gotten home; not fair to my kitties who obviously want my attention. ))
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Buster sighed as he looked up a Terrorsaur.

"Ok, fine. I just want it to be clear that I am not a fan of this idea! Actually, let's make it clear that I'm not a fan of any plan that involves me being the target of enemy fire!"

Loading another rocket, the Predacon llama hoisted the launcher on his shoulder with an obvious look of annoyance on his face. Acting all irritable was actually helping Buster cope with the fear of death that was boiling inside his spark. Nothing that they had been doing thus far had any significant detrimental effect on the enemy. Considering how slow he was, it was likely that Buster was going to leave this fight with more than a handful of injuries. Shaking his head, he dumbfired a warhead in the general direction of the unknown ship.

"Look at me, alien invaders!!! I'm the biggest threat here!!! Come shoot me so my commander doesn't yell at me when I go home!!!"

Blasting away at the sky with his automatic rifle, Buster was really wishing that he could just desert this team and go find someplace safe. Once again, the fact that every other Predacon was quicker than him was a deterrent for such a lame idea. Still, Megatron was not the one who was going to fry him right now. It was the new visitor above him.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

OOC: WOW, amazing posts Blackrose & OOP, I need to learn how to write bigger parts like that for my characters XD (glad you're liking Megs so far though, thanks Phoenix & OOP, you guys are doing great too).

In regards to Starshadow, Megs will probably want to interrogate & restrain her before Primal shows up, to kill time if nothing else, and because...Well, all this slag just decided to happen on THE SAME DAY FOR HIM, its MUTINY DAY! Every predacon's favorite holiday! If you're in command, always remember to mark your calendar and charge your weapons this time of year! XD, Probably expects the Spiders and Terrorsaur to reveal they're Quintessons in disguise or something at this point, or for the OTHER moon to try to kill him XD. Out of curiosity, and in regards to the space vampirism, is the mutation eventually fatal and/or robs you of your sentience or something? I get that touching the mech fluid will infect you, just curious as to whether or not Tarantulas would learn to LIKE what he's becoming if infected or if it would be like slowing becoming a brainless zombie or a parasite bursting out of your spark chamber etc. I'll understand if ya can't answer any of that Starshadow, and if so, I'll just forgo making everyone's fave spider into Count Tarantulas! MAHAHAHA! :twisted:

Also, in regards to the space ship, is it okay if Team Terrorsaur keeps pummeling it til it goes down or is it necessary for it to stay functional for plot purposes?

Also, yes to Naito's post, we spiders brought the power bonds to restrain Cheetor & Banshee (similar to what Ravage will use on Megatron one day but more makeshift). So the prisoners shouldn't be sent to the brig until after they've been properly secured in the power bonds, as well as healed for any injuries they sustained during the failed escape, and disarmed, AND THEN probably brought to the specially prepared brig Blackarachnia was working on, or left on the deck where Megs can watch them himself, UGH! Why is true genius always SURROUNDED by incompetence! "grabs his rubber ducky and storms off" :evil: :P
Mystrea

Unread post by Mystrea »

(Well posted OOP. I haven't got any problems with that post at all. The arguing was good, it's wasn't like you were disagreeing with every point. He merely just got across that's he's tired of him and go away ha. He will go back with Aurora and Nemesis. I think it will be good to have him turn it around a bit with the rescue mission. Might be good if Aurora speaks to him, they haven't spoken in a while and it could change his mind some what. Anyway I'm going to post with Dirge now, Ironclaw later)

Dirge was moving towards the Predacons and the ship when one of then returned fire. His singular eyes locked in on the incoming projectiles. Four missiles, headed straight for him. He raised his arm to improve his defense as one of the missiles whipped past him, missing its target. The other three detonated as they made contact with him, pelting him in smoke. After a moment, as the smoke spreaded, Dirge then emerged from the cloud of smoke relatively unscathed. He scanned the area unable to find the flyers and carry out his orders. They just have moved retreated behind cover, however there was still a target the ground who was distracted by the ship. He marched over to him, his shadow cast all over him. Dirge rached out to grab him.