"More Than Meets The Eye: Part I"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: Starshadow, Banshee could still give Cheetor some company since he's awake now. I'm sure there's a lot they could talk about and support each other or something. ))

Rhinox hadn't a clue what Optimus was raging on about toward Sonar and firing wildly at him. ...That wasn't his style at all. And the he remembered his own situation and one of his feet slipped as if he was losing his balance on the edge of a ledge. He gasped and breathed heavily in fear of falling with his arms still stretched out.
"Optimus?" "What's goin-"
The rhinoceros looked over at Orcariner when he heard his voice and was about to warn him the way he did their leader until his vision expanded outward and made him dizzy.
"Guys? What happened?"
"Don't fall, Orcariner! Watch your step!" Rhinox hollered at him over the noise of everything else in the corridor not realizing that his hallucinations were secluded to his own fear. He was afraid to move anywhere by this point, frozen on a ledge that didn't even exist.

Sonar's sonic blast blew Optimus off of his feet, causing him to land on his back with a thud and temporarily knocking the wind out of him. He hadn't even heard Orcariner step into the situation. Now that the remainder of the gas had vanished and fizzled away, all that was left to spread the virus they had been infected with was by touch.
"NOT AGAIN! PLEASE, PRIMUS, NOT AGAIN!"
Saber-Fang's screaming awakened Primal and as he sat up, he looked over at the feline and the bat who had tripped over her, but what he saw were two Vok figures now. Primus, they were multiplying! He jumped to his feet and started racing toward them with his gun still in his grasp and just when he was about to fire at them both, something large plowed right into his side and threw him into the wall. "Argh!" he exhaled.

"No, Optimus!" Rhinox told him as he held his friend against the wall, trying to cope with his warped vision at the same time.

"What are you doing?! Release me! They're going to kill us!" he pleaded, struggling to get free from the engineer's pin.

"What are you talking about? That's Sonar and Saber-Fang!" the rhinoceros tried explaining.

"No! It's the Vok! The Vok, Rhinox! Can't you see?!" Primal argued, keeping his optics on the two and avoiding eye contact with Rhinox.

"Optimus, listen to me!" Big Green grabbed Primal's chin and turned his face toward his, forcing him to look straight at him and help him focus. "This is some kind of... of hallucinogen! There are no Vok here. It's just Saber-Fang and Sonar."

The Maximal Commander grew calmer and struggled less, seeming to relax against the wall as he looked into his old friend's crimson optics. "Rhinox...?" he inquired gently as if he just realized who he was speaking to. Looking over at the two he was about to slag moments earlier, he lied, "Yes. Yes, I see them now. You're right. I'm sorry."

Slowly, the green and brown Maximal released his grip on the TransMetal leader as his calm tone had fooled him into thinking that Optimus was better and understood what he was talking about. But then the gorilla suddenly leaped away and started charging at the two again. "No!" Rhinox cried out and ran after him, or tried to since to him it looked like he was running across a very narrow stone bridge, and if he fell either way, it would be a very, very long drop. But he kept his sight on Primal's back and jumped at him, tackling him to the floor before he could reach the bat and cat.

They rolled into a wall, shattering one of the light fixtures along the chair-railing and broke off from each other. As Rhinox got to his feet, Primal was doing the same but since he was distracted, his hand accidentally slipped into the exposed fixture and he electrocuted himself. Granted it was a small voltage, but it was enough for him to react and suddenly pull his hand away. And then he began feeling something crawling on him... or in him? He looked at his side and saw it was just faintly glowing and suddenly Saber-Fang and Sonar looked like them instead of aliens. Puzzled, he looked to Rhinox who was just as alarmed as he was.

"Optimus, what is that?" he questioned him, pointing at his side.

The jolt of electricity that activated the nanogel may have helped with the optical illusions of the hallucinations but it still had a difficult time controlling his emotions. Without answering the engineer, he quickly tried putting the pieces together before it started to fade away, remembering what Aurora had said about the nanogel. ...But she had also said that they couldn't be activated again. "Mind your own business!" he finally hollered at Rhinox, blinking a couple times and looked away from him turning his attention to the opened socket. Reaching inside of it, he grabbed the wires and pulled them out, stretching them to his side, and without any hesitation, he stuck them to his side and the nanogel absorbed the electricity, sending a tingling sensation throughout his body.

Of course to Rhinox this looked like madness, so he went to pull the wires away from his commanding officer only to have Optimus grab his wrist in a flash and hold it away from him. Then he frowned and released his friend's arm. "I'm sorry, Rhinox... I know you're only trying to help." His voice sounded normal again and genuinely apologetic, only feeling Whitegrazer for a brief moment as the nanobots in the gel Aurora had used on him to heal his wound were helping fight against the virus. It was all so confusing to him, though. "I can't explain it right now but you have to trust me with this."

"Trust you? I don't even know what the slag is going on here. One minute you're trying to slag everyone, and the next you're apologizing. And I feel like I'm a hundred feet in the air!" Rhinox suddenly jumped back for no reason, with his arms out to his sides as if he was teetering on something that was some place high. "This is all Sonar's fault," he recalled as he stared at his feet, feeling dizzy and off balance.

"Saber-Fang? Orcariner?" Optimus called to them. "Are you all right? It's some kind of hallucinogen." His shoulders twitched as if he were struggling to keep his emotions under control.

-----
"You might been given a softer sentence, Aurora, but Rattrap, on the other hand..."
"Even so, it would be hilarious to watch!"
"Yeah, see? Exactly what I'm talkin' about," Rattrap had said. "Everybody's always laughin' at my expense." But what a clever little Fuzor Aurora was, hitchhiking with Rattrap and using him like a para-sailor would a boat! Dey grow up so fast, he thought proudly of her.
"We still are unsure if they are Maximals or not, especially if they are firing on Predacons. Maybe we should wait if we can get confirmation on who they are? If the ship gets shot down and they are Maximals, we can provide a surprise attack to drive the Predacons off if necessary. But if they are the enemy, we can make sure they head back to their own territory and don't try to start something here."
"Pretty much what I was thinkin', 'Grazer," the rat agreed as he continued watching under the protection of the trees and the large rock in front of him.
"It's not,"
Rattrap shot his gaze up at Nexus who was making no attempt to stay hidden from anyone. Wait. Did he know this ship? Why did he seem so certain as to who it was?
"Maximals do not fire first and ask questions later,"
Some do, Rattrap disagreed. Still, it didn't look like any Maximal ship he knew of. Preds always fought other Preds, so it would still make sense to him if it was Predacon piloted. They couldn't be firing at any Maximals because they were the only team sent out there.

As if things couldn't get any wackier, Nexus suddenly decided to take a stroll right for the unknown ship! "Nexus! What're ya doin'?! Get back here!" the Spy said in a loud whisper as he stood up but hesitated to follow him.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Sonar had stopped screaming, he still lay on the floor panting, optics clouded with pain. His tormentor had stop cutting him open, he didn't understand how he was still alive or even why he was being tortured. It couldn't be for information, he didn't have any that would possibily interest him.
"Saber-Fang? Orcariner? Are you alright? It's some kind of hallucinogen."
Saber's ear twitched and looked towards the sound and she screamed again, her voice growing hoarse. Rhinox was torn part with half his face missing, Optimus was sitting against the wall, his throat and chest ripped opened.

Her tear filled optics locked on his barely plusating spark. She looked away and choked back another sob.

"O-Optimus.... I'm so sorry. S-so many have suffered because of me... those under my command... The colonists of Colony Omicron... So many inoccent lives slaughtered because of me..."

((OOC: If you think about it, it makes total sense to have a military base stationed at a colony, Saber just happened to be stationed there when the shite hit the fan.))
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Still feeling incredibly confused by his sudden change of surroundings, Orcariner began to wander through the thick jungle. The trees were unusually compact as if they were intentionally creating a pathway for him to walk along. The imagery immediately blurred as the Maximal giant heard Optimus Primal's voice.
Optimus Primal wrote:"Are you all right? It's some kind of hallucinogen."
An intense feeling of vertigo overcame the orca and he fell to one knee. Closing his eyes and trying to focus on his commander's voice, Orcariner called out as loud as he could.

"Optimus! Where are you?"

What Orcariner did not expect was for his own voice to echo back towards him at a frighteningly loud volume. Afraid for his own safety now, the sentry charged forward along the pathway with one optic open in order to see where he was going. He accidentally crashed into a tree which, to be honest, felt more like a metal wall as opposed to anything organic. Roaring out in annoyance, he unsheathed his brilliantly blue energo-sword and proceeded to slash away at the trees surrounding him.

"Optimus? Rhinox?"

In the real world, the large Maximal had actually destroyed a wall inside of the Axalon. Stumbling forward, he made his way into Rattrap's personal bedroom and wildly looked around with a glazed look over his optics. What was supposed to be a bed, Orcariner instead saw something quite unexpected. A lifeless form of a Cybertronian with white fur and black, cloudy spots was presented in front of him. Sheathing his weapon, Orcariner slowly leaned down on his knees and cautiously reached forward with his right hand.

"Ice Sight?"

Part of him knew that this was impossible since Orcariner had long buried the body within a mountain, but the hallucination was all too real for him to disbelieve it. The very first Maximal he had encountered on this planet was once again laying before him. It had been so long since he had even thought of his old friend that it actually hurt seeing Ice Sight's dead body. Orcariner began to tremble and he quickly held back his grasp. This made no sense whatsoever. Whoever teleported the orca to this place knew exactly who he was and who he knew. He needed to find a way to escape this nightmare before it consumed him.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

(( OOC: Starshadow, Banshee could still give Cheetor some company since he's awake now. I'm sure there's a lot they could talk about and support each other or something. ))
((OHHHH! Right! ^_^" Hmmm....picklocking? She doesn't know how to but she could bust herself out with her durabyllium knives. I intend to do more than company and support. :P Time to break the ice with a little hide and seek~))

Starshadow ran towards a turret and was about to start operation it but she was hesitant to open fire on Nemesis. It was not because of the temporary "Girls should stick together" motto, more like knowing Nemesis' personality, she would not betray the Predacons without a good reason. If Starshadow did not follow Megatron's orders at the moment especially when his anger is boiling, she would probably be his next practice target. With a sigh, she aimed the turrets at the avian femme and fired. As Nemesis took off, Starshadow looked around if anyone was watching her before opening a private comlink channel to her, whispering, "I know you didn't betray us...Even if you did betray, it's better to do it now than to do Megatron's dirty work for his crazy ambition. If you need refuge, you can use my cave. I'll send you a coordinates where is it. You don't have to worry if the Preds finds you, they don't know where you are. Have fun with the humidity in a few megacycles." and with that, she shut off her comlinks and sent her the coordinates of her lair to Nemesis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banshee's optics flickered to life as she felt the searing heat around her. No doubt she would be in a brig. She looked around and found the feline in a seperate cage and sighed in relief. The web that bounded her was starting to annoy her so she unsheathed her arm blades and cut it with ease, throwing the webs in the lava. Since nobody was around and the cyber venom effects had worn off, it was a good opportunity to try to escape. Banshee took out two of her knives, holding them together with both hands and rammed their blades in the lock with all of her strength, successfully breaking the lock and resulting a loud 'clang' to it. (Note: Durabyllium is the hardest metal in the Transformer's universe so it's legit that she could break the locks. :P)

With her cage open, the bat femme flew out and rammed her knives to her commrade's cage lock opened the cage's door, "sorry for having a late sleep my fellow Maximal. I wish I could lead us out of this place but I do not know this ship's layout. We'll need to run and hide from the Predacons."

((I seriously hope that this post is alright..))
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

"O-Optimus.... I'm so sorry. S-so many have suffered because of me... those under my command... The colonists of Colony Omicron... So many inoccent lives slaughtered because of me..."
"But you haven't killed anyone here," Optimus emphasized to Saber. He had no idea what she was experiencing but it seemed as though it had something to do with her beast and what happened in the past. And if she was infected with this hallucinogen, then things might get really bad for her and the rest of them. "We're all okay, Saber-Fang. Just sit tight and breathe," he tried assuring her. "Whatever you're seeing isn't real."
"Optimus! Where are you?"
Orcariner's loud and desperate voice bounced off the walls everywhere, making Primal and Rhinox cringe as it rang their audio sensors.
"Optimus? Rhinox?"
"Orcariner, wait!" the Maximal Commander tried calling to him as he watched with fear when the whale drew his sword and started swinging it everywhere. He and Rhinox ducked for cover just in case his swings came their way but instead the larger crew member plowed right through a wall and into Rattrap's quarters. And then there was silence which Primal decided to take advantage of.

"Rhinox!" Optimus bellowed angrily and then shook his shoulders to try and compose himself. "Rhinox," he followed up more calmly. "Try to apprehend Sonar,... that slaggin' piece of..." He cleared his throat. "If there's a solution for this, he had better offer it up now, or so help me, I will tear his wings off and strip him LIMB FROM LIMB!" He grunted and huffed like an aggravated gorilla but managed to holster his gun to his hip and take a deep breath as his gaze drifted over to the bat that was acting just as oddly as the rest of them.

"I'll try, but Optimus, Megatron is waiting to hear from you," the engineer reminded him. "Remember? They've captured Cheetor and Banshee. They gave us their word not to harm them as long as you contacted them in a timely manner and agreed to their terms with Nexus." Rhinox still seemed to be holding his balance as if his life depended on it.

Primal suddenly busted out in a menacing laughter as it echoed through the corridors. "Their word?!" he continued laughing. "Their word is as good as sunblock on someone standing in the center of a star!"

The rhinoceros merely lifted a golden brow at his friend, finding little amusement in the situation and disappointed by how he was handling it. "Maybe so, but we can't call their bluff with something like this."

"All right, fine," Optimus gave in and stopped laughing. "Where is the great Nexus Prime?"

"In his quarters is where you left him last, I believe," Rhinox answered him as he slowly made his way toward Saber-Fang and Sonar, unaware that the Admiral had taken off with Rattrap and his team to the unknown vessel.

"Nexus, this is Optimus," he called for him over his comm. link. "Where are you, and can you report to the command center? Please?"

"Now we're getting somewhere," Big Green said as he cautiously approached the other two.

Taking the loose wires, Primal pressed them to his side again and inhaled deeply as the nanogel illuminated more with the extra charge of the electricity. The tingling from the moving nanobots made him shudder but it was helping him think normal again. For now. He was going to need something else a little more powerful and portable to keep up this charade. Releasing the wires, he followed the whale into Rattrap's ruined room. "Orcariner? What is it? Tell me what you see." Optimus sounded like himself again; warm, friendly, and concerned for the Maximal's trembling as his orange optics looked from the orca's shaking hands and traveled up to his face reading the deep sorrow, pain and fear in his expression.
"Well, that's just prime!"
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

(Well, I'm certain Landslide is going to be happy about having to replace an entire room on the Axalon.. Though I'm sure more are to follow. :P Oh well, on the other hand, now the Cecaelia part is over with. Cecaelia is off into space, not returning to Cybertron, and now the Predacons are going to assume she's dead bringing no questions as to why she disappeared.. and Glowstick's ghostly program shouldn't appear again until the end of Season 3 due to Star's requirements for Cecaelia's old ship. )

Umbra observed as Nemesis rushed by, unflinching.. it was all too predictable to him. He'd seen some of her skills on the battlefield and respected those skills well. Having Tarantulas try to take her back to a cell was simply poor planning on Megatron's part.
Megatron wrote: "All of you! Man your battle stations, fire the ship's guns at her, I'd rather we be able to interrogate her & learn what she's been up to with the maximals, but I'd rather her be DEAD than slip away to rejoin her allies! MOVE!"

Quickstrike rushed towards one of the consoles, operating some of the Darksyde's exterior guns.
On it boss! Quickstrike responded.

Umbra merely observed the situation, looking towards the video that was playing on Megatron's console. It didn't exactly add up to him, while Whitegrazer had attempted to fratenize with Nemesis, he didn't see most the Maximals being insane enough to allow someone that had taken two of their own to join their ranks. Nemesis's own history was as fuel stained as his own after all.

In anycase, if he was to find out more information, he'd need that video.
Umbra looked towards Megatron speaking up I'll get prepared for tracking her down my lord.. I also have a report for the other task you assigned me. I found Cecaelia's wreckage in the ocean.. looked like the transport's reactor had failed.. There was nothing left but scrap..
Umbra tossed a twisted and burnt peice of metal to the floor, looking like remains of Cecaelia's faceplate.
Terrorsaur wrote:""Well, guess we can confirm that the newcomers aren't friendly"
Waspinator let out a shriek Naaah! Wazzzpinator not get slagged so easy! he shouted, moving in sync with Terrorsaur as they flew down low.
Bzzz.. Izz Cow bot in range? Call in cowbot to dizztract the ship, then attack from behind at ship'z enginezz.. Waspinator then said.

Cheetor looked up at his fellow captive and smiled Don't worry about that, I know this place like the back of my paw from some er.. recon missions around here. Cut me loose and lets blow this joint.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

"But you haven't killed anyone here."
Due to the hallucinogen, Saber heard something completely different. The dying Optimus had accepted her apology and wished that could have helpped her.

"I know, Optimus. I wish that... as well. Perhaps I should have stayed in the wilds... Then maybe this could have been avoided..."

The smell of blood was making her sick, it clung to her like a second coat.
"We're all ok, Saber-Fang. Just sit tight and breathe. What ever you're seeing isn't real."
"Y-you may have forgiven me, Optimus... But I can never... Forgive m-myself." Saber replied then looked at the dying commander shook her head. "I-I can't do that, Optimus. Please don't ask me to do this..."

Her shoulder started shaking before plunged her hand into the dying Commander's chest cavity and crushed his spark.

Saber sat quietly for the lonest time, her optics clouded with pain and shame. She looked up and gasped when she saw the mutilated form of someone who once was under her command. She back peddled away from the lumbering form until her back hit the wall.

"Heavystep..." She whispered not realizing it was actually Rhinox.

Sonar had lost consciousness some time ago due to hallucinated blood loss and simply lay on the floor.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

OOC:

Sorry for disappearing.....I was finishing up some work for a class I was taking and the deadline was looming closer and closer. Had to get everything squared away with the class and sent off for grading before it would be too late. Now that that's over and done with I can post for my characters.

Regarding the Maximal virus though, at the moment, Dinobot is unaffected since I figure he more than likely sought out repairs before realizing there was something going on elsewhere in the ship. So I can have him in the CR chamber so that he remains unaffected for now.....might be interesting to have him pretty much forced to work with Ironclaw again and have to have the two characters put aside their differences after that big fight they had in order to work together to help their comrades......

On the other hand......Do the Maximals know it's a vrius and not just a gas that was released on them? Do they know it can be spread by touch? Maybe you need Dinobot to return Sonar to his cell and get infected by touching him so that they realize what happened to them can spread to others.....

Anyway, I'll leave a post for Dinobot until later and if you guys think there's a way to use Dinobot for cure finding then I'll post and have him go into the CR chamber for repairs.....or if you'd rather more Maximals be infected then I'll have him go down to where the others are and get infected as he attempts to return Sonar back to his cell.....

BIC:

Inferno approached the bridge of the Darksyde after securing the prisoners just as Nemesis struggled with Tarantulas and escaped is grasp. She raced through the halls of the Darksyde aiming to escape the base altogether.
"All of you! Man your battle stations, fire the ship's guns at her, I'd rather we be able to interrogate her & learn what she's been up to with the maximals, but I'd rather her be DEAD than slip away to rejoin her allies! MOVE!" Megatron bellowed, expecting those gathered to man the ship's guns as well, hoping to box Nemesis in, with the perimeter guns outside blocking her escape from predacon territory and the ship's autoguns to her back, she'd either be shot down, slagged, or forced to surrender, either way, she would not escape!

The red ant saluted his Queen and raced towards a computer monitor to obey taking control of one of the ship's guns. He laughed as he watched the gun he was controlling shoot down the traitor before she was able to reach the escape hatch and leave the ship.

"Royalty, the traitor has been shot down inside the base," he informed the Predacon leader. "I will go after her right a----" he started to say. He stopped mid sentence when he noticed her injuries heal themselves. She then got up and flew through the hatch to leave the base and soared through the air away from the Darksyde. He quickly used the computer monitor to take control of one of the outdoor cannons hoping to manually aim the guns at the traitor and shoot her down again, but she dodged the shots from the guns.

"Slag," he cursed and turned back to Megatron. "She has escaped. She healed her wounds and escaped the base."

Umbra approached Megatron, then.
"I'll get prepared for tracking her down my lord......"

Not wanting to be outdone by one of the others, Inferno also approached Megatron.

"I shall go after her, My Queen!" he offered with another salute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arachnitron emerged from the repair chambers and inspected her previous wounds. Her arm had recovered nicely and the damage to her vocalizer had also healed. She was again fully functional. With her repairs completed, she returned again to the bridge to receive orders of what to do next.

She could hear the commotion on the bridge before she even got there. The other Predacons were shouting over each other and she could hear gun shots from outside the base. She had missed seeing the video of Nemesis' betrayal since she hadn't been at base yet and she had been in the repair chambers when they captured Nemesis and attempted to question her so Arachnitron was a bit in the dark about what all the commotion was about.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

OOC: Okay, here's the post guys! Let me know if there's anything wrong with it, as well as whether or not it be too far fetched or convenient for Megs to have installed security cameras or silent alarms in the predacon brig (since they've had enough jail breaks in the past to warrant such minor upgrades at least). I haven't added this idea to my post yet, but am thinking about it, just want the approval of you guys first just to be safe. Megs addresses pretty much every Pred short of Manterror & post in the field in this latest post, lol
Phoenix wrote:
Very slowly she raised her hands up in front of her, remaining still as the glanced up at the camera. Her wounds were already shimmering, her ever faithful nanites working at impressive speeds to heal her back up, and within moments the blue light faded to reveal that the damage had been repaired. A slight smile spread across her face as she gave the camera a quick wink before suddenly making a run for it. Obviously the guns proceeded to shoot at her again, but Nemesis flipped into the air and transformed to avoid them. She didn't even bother to retaliate with shots of her own, not wanting her actions to be mistaken for further proof of treason, and within seconds she passed through the opening and sped off into the night sky. The outdoor guns were firing at her as well, but she did not stay still for long enough for them to get a chance to lock on.

Megatron watched in cold rage as Nemesis healed her wounds, evaded every his guns, and took time to wink at the camera and fly away...He could be wrong, but it was possible that at this moment he hated Nemesis more than anyone else on the planet.

"First order of business after this ordeal is over is to update our security system, THAT, was unacceptable!" Megatron spat, disgusted with how a lone traitor had been able to escape the supposed deathtrap that was the Darksyde's security measures, with or without her apparent healing factor.

"I don't suppose any of you were aware of our feathered friend's ability to regenerate? No?" Megatron inquired of those gathered, not seriously expecting any of them to answer, but still finding it hard to believe that NONE of them had ever witnessed this ability of hers in battle, yet another secret the treacherous decepticon relic had been hiding from him.

"That's what I thought, yesss..." Megatron hissed when no one answered, gritting his teeth in fury, promising himself that he'd personally oversee the traitor's dissection to learn the secret of her healing factor when they recaptured her.
Naitokage wrote: Quickstrike rushed towards one of the consoles, operating some of the Darksyde's exterior guns.
On it boss! Quickstrike responded.

Umbra merely observed the situation, looking towards the video that was playing on Megatron's console. It didn't exactly add up to him, while Whitegrazer had attempted to fratenize with Nemesis, he didn't see most the Maximals being insane enough to allow someone that had taken two of their own to join their ranks. Nemesis's own history was as fuel stained as his own after all.

In anycase, if he was to find out more information, he'd need that video.
Umbra looked towards Megatron speaking up I'll get prepared for tracking her down my lord.. I also have a report for the other task you assigned me. I found Cecaelia's wreckage in the ocean.. looked like the transport's reactor had failed.. There was nothing left but scrap..
Umbra tossed a twisted and burnt peice of metal to the floor, looking like remains of Cecaelia's faceplate.

Megatron looked down in annoyance at the faceplate remains, picking them up and scowling at them in disgust, clearly not having the time or the patience for this as he replied "Why am I not surprised that incompetent cephalopod managed to get herself killed and cost me yet ANOTHER resource at the same time? Good riddance to bad rubbish then. Don't bother pursuing Nemesis, if my plan works out the maximals will soon be without their leaders and whatever the traitor was up to with them will be irrelevant. For better or worse I need all hands on deck to prevent to guarantee the success of this prisoner exchange, I cannot afford any distractions that could further weaken our security. Besides, you wouldn't be able to keep up with her speed anyway."

Storing Cecaelia's faceplate away in his subspace pocket, half out of habit and half out of instinctive suspicion after all the drama he'd endured today, Megatron turned to the rest of his crew and said "Quickstrike, Starshadow, remain on monitor duty for now and keep alert for signs of enemy approach, and keep the comms open in case the maximals reply to our demands. Tarantulas, as soon as Arachnitron is online again take her and go prepare a new custom prison cell for Primal and Nexus, I'm not entirely confident in our standard accommodations to contain the likes of them effectively. And as for Blackarachnia...Megatron to Blackarachnia, REPORT! Where are you?"

"As you command Megatron" Tarantulas answered, eager to get away from Megatron's gaze and equally suspicious as to Blackarachnia's activities and whereabouts while all hell broke lose mere moments ago.

Blackrose wrote:

The red ant saluted his Queen and raced towards a computer monitor to obey taking control of one of the ship's guns. He laughed as he watched the gun he was controlling shoot down the traitor before she was able to reach the escape hatch and leave the ship.

"Royalty, the traitor has been shot down inside the base," he informed the Predacon leader. "I will go after her right a----" he started to say. He stopped mid sentence when he noticed her injuries heal themselves. She then got up and flew through the hatch to leave the base and soared through the air away from the Darksyde. He quickly used the computer monitor to take control of one of the outdoor cannons hoping to manually aim the guns at the traitor and shoot her down again, but she dodged the shots from the guns.

"Slag," he cursed and turned back to Megatron. "She has escaped. She healed her wounds and escaped the base."

Umbra approached Megatron, then.

"I'll get prepared for tracking her down my lord......"

Not wanting to be outdone by one of the others, Inferno also approached Megatron.

"I shall go after her, My Queen!" he offered with another salute.

"DO NOT BOTHER!" Megatron bellowed at Inferno, usually showing him more favor than the others for his loyalty & ability to carry out orders to the letter, but at the moment lacking the patience to humor his odd bouts of jealousy towards those few who actually endeavor to win his approval.

Taking a moment to calm himself, Megatron explained "Do not bother Subcommander, alas, no one here left at base besides myself is fast enough to catch up with that traitor, not with Terrorsaur and Waspinator out in the field and currently preoccupied with the mystery ship. We cannot afford to waste time chasing after rogue elements when we have a prisoner exchange to see to, and no doubt the maximals will do what they always do in these situations, risk everything they have on the slim hope of rescuing a few expendable pawns. Granted, I hope to turn that instinct against them this time, but one must expect these fools to do both the irrational and the unexpected to save every piece they have on the board rather than sacrifice them for the greater good...Want to make yourself useful Inferno? Take Umbra and go check on the prisoners, make sure they're still secure, I don't need anymore surprises today."

Blackrose wrote: Arachnitron emerged from the repair chambers and inspected her previous wounds. Her arm had recovered nicely and the damage to her vocalizer had also healed. She was again fully functional. With her repairs completed, she returned again to the bridge to receive orders of what to do next.

She could hear the commotion on the bridge before she even got there. The other Predacons were shouting over each other and she could hear gun shots from outside the base. She had missed seeing the video of Nemesis' betrayal since she hadn't been at base yet and she had been in the repair chambers when they captured Nemesis and attempted to question her so Arachnitron was a bit in the dark about what all the commotion was about.

"Come along my dear, we have much work to do and little time to get it done, the situation is growing dire, as is Megatron's mood" Tarantulas explained to Arachnitron as he led her to his ship lab to gather the materials they'd need for a makeshift state of the art prison on such short notice...Granted, since the Darksyde's usual brig consisted mostly of cages suspended over lava with electronic locks, topping such measures shouldn't be too difficult.

Naitokage wrote: Waspinator let out a shriek Naaah! Wazzzpinator not get slagged so easy! he shouted, moving in sync with Terrorsaur as they flew down low.
Bzzz.. Izz Cow bot in range? Call in cowbot to dizztract the ship, then attack from behind at ship'z enginezz.. Waspinator then said.
"Hey! Who's in charge here? Good idea though" Terrorsaur replied as he opened his com to Tantrum, calmly and slowly explaining to the big lug "Tantrum! Are you in range yet? If so, open fire on the mystery ship and keep it distracted while we take out its engines, got it?"

Turning to Buster, Terrorsaur added "What kind of firepower do you have newbie? Anything that can handle that thing?"

If he didn't, Terrorsaur figured they could use the llama in another way to disable the ship, but he'd give the wimp a chance first to prove he could be useful before they did anything as drastic, or hilarious, as throwing him out to get its attention or dropping him on the ship's hull to get at the crew inside.
admiralgrim

Unread post by admiralgrim »

((OOC: I am not really sure if there would be some sort of loud speaker system or if Night Terror would actually be able to broadcast on a general comm that everyone in range would hear. Right now I am going to assume he can make a make a general comm. If he can't, I will change my post.))

As the flyers scattered, Night Terror tapped his communicator.

"Attention this is Night Terror, that was your first and only warning. Should anyone else approach my vessel, they shall be fired upon. I have no desire to destroy my fellow Predacons."

He set the ship down in a small clearing. He made sure what defenses the ship had were online then join Dirge in bay. His bodyguard looked imposing as he stood ready for combat.

He typed in the code to open the bay doors and turned to his minion.

"Now my dear Dirge, it would seem that we arrived far too early. I suspect the majority of the Megatron's troops are still active. That means we must change our strategy. While the Predacon Alliance currently has Megatron and his soldiers as renegades, we may have to convince him otherwise. Until the plan comes to fruition, we will have to make him believe we are on his side. But make no mistake, Dirge, we are the only True Predacons on this planet." Night Terror said more to his companion as the bay doors open.

"Those Predacons will be back, with out a doubt. Let them come. I can think of no better way for Predacon to prove to his worth to his commander, than honorable combat against another Predacon.

He looked out onto the moonlight surroundings and strode forward with confidence and a toothy grin.

((OOC: I hope this is good.))
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

((OOC: Gotta pity Megs. He have to put up all of the bullshiz.))

Starshadow jumped off the turret's seat and stretched herself like a cat, but the night was not over yet.
I found Cecaelia's wreckage in the ocean.. looked like the transport's reactor had failed.. There was nothing left but scrap..
She got herself killed? Well that made everything easier for the catbot since she was tasked to kill Cecaelia herself anyway.
"Quickstrike, Starshadow, remain on monitor duty for now and keep alert for signs of enemy approach, and keep the comms open in case the maximals reply to our demands. Tarantulas, as soon as Arachnitron is online again take her and go prepare a new custom prison cell for Primal and Nexus, I'm not entirely confident in our standard accommodations to contain the likes of them effectively. And as for Blackarachnia...Megatron to Blackarachnia, REPORT! Where are you?"
Starshadow turned her gaze to Quickstrike and sighed, "looks like it's just you and me answering the phone calls and shooting down suicidal idiots..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry about that, I know this place like the back of my paw from some er.. recon missions around here. Cut me loose and lets blow this joint.
Banshee stepped in the cage and cut the webs that was binding her comrade with her knife and helped him on his feet, "Let's go. I hope my little helpful thrusters could stay undamaged until we get back to-ugh!" she was interupted by a sharp pain on her damaged chest. The last battle with the eight legged freak was the cause of it.

"I don't think we could take the shortcut if there's any... We'll need a safe place to briefly discuss our escape plan. Can you fly?"

((OOC: Note: Banshee has no basic knowledge of Earth's lifeforms. She's has no idea if kitties could fly or what transmetal stuff is.))
Last edited by starshadow on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Phoenix wrote:"It's not," Nexus stated matter-of-factly, breaking the silence he had maintained for most of their trip. "Maximals do not fire first and ask questions later,"
Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:"Pretty much what I was thinkin', 'Grazer," the rat agreed as he continued watching under the protection of the trees and the large rock in front of him.
Whitegrazer was glad her plan was very sound, but that changed when Nexus started going to the ship.

"Nexus! What're ya doin'?! Get back here!" the Spy said in a loud whisper as he stood up but hesitated to follow him.
That was an unwise decision. And she wasn't going to let himself get shot up by an unknown variable or by Predacons, who spotted him. She made a step forward, but the ship seemed to have opened its bay doors, revealing the occupants. The one she saw was some bot with black wings. If there was another one, he couldn't see them. She focused on the one she saw and zoomed in to see any type of insignia. She did and it was a purple-stamped insect head: Predacon.

She whispered to Rattrap, "Predacons. They must have been firing on their own to test their mettle and show what they could do. Similar to an insignation ritual except a more brutal version." That's the only reason she could think of for the Predacon to be firing on them. "If Nexus is spotted..." She acknowledged what she had to do, "I have to stop him before they spot him."

She made sure to keep herself low, whispering, "Nexus." She made her way to him and got between him and the danger ahead, "Optimus didn't want us to engage them unless necessary. It's better to watch what they do, not confront them."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blackarachnia threw her experiment against the wall, sighing to keep her cool. It didn't work! Nothing worked! Was she stuck with this inferno, gruesome spider inside her mind for eternity? What must she do to rid him? The temptation to kill him would satisfy her problem. Though, he might have a failsafe or try his best to get his slave, Arachnitron, to hold her down. Maybe he had enough juice to keep her for doing so.
DarkSpark wrote:Megatron to Blackarachnia, REPORT! Where are you?[/color]
[/quote]

Oh what's going on that was important enough to interrupt her thought processes, "What is it?" Her tone was snappy.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Rattrap wrote:"Nexus! What're ya doin'?! Get back here!"
Nexus slowed down his pace ever so slightly, but he did not heed the transmetal rodent's warning enough to stop. His mind was already made up and he was far too determined to start hesitating and second guessing his decisions.

Ignoring Rattrap's somewhat frantic display of concern, the old warrior merely shook his head slowly and continued on. He did not get many paces, however, before another all-too-familiar voice chimed in on his private comm. link.
Optimus Primal wrote:"Nexus, this is Optimus, Where are you, and can you report to the command center? Please?"
The hail was not entirely unexpected, in fact Nexus was almost surprised it had taken this long. Judging by the unusual tone in his old apprentice's voice, something appeared to be troubling the young bot terribly. Nexus had a feeling he knew what had happened, especially given his own recent dealings with that crazy bat scientist Predacon. Not that he regretted a thing. This had all been planned out down to the finest detail.

Slowing down yet again but still not stopping entirely, Nexus nearly chose to ignore the incoming transmission, but given his close proximity with the other Maximals he soon thought the better of it. "We're on a field mission, Optimus, but we'll return to base very shortly," Nexus transmitted back in his most encouraging tone. "Is everything all right? You sound a little strained." He deliberately turned his transmitter on and off several times during the final response to make it sound like the signal was breaking up. This way he could just turn off his transmitter entirely should the need arise without raising too much suspicion. And hopefully, by the time they returned to the base, the virus would already be running rampant there. And he would be the only one immune to its effects..
Whitegrazer wrote:"Predacons. They must have been firing on their own to test their mettle and show what they could do. Similar to an insignation ritual except a more brutal version. If Nexus is spotted...I have to stop him before they spot him."
Aurora tried, she really did, not to cringe at those words. It was bad enough that Nexus was about to reveal himself to the clearly not friendly ship, but now Whitegrazer was taking it upon herself to stop him? At what risk to herself? The little fuzor opened her mouth to protest, but the white mare had already started moving after the old warrior. Sighing, Aurora stayed behind, deciding they would be at a greater risk of being spotted if they all went.

Whitegrazer wrote: "Nexus."
The male's optics revealed a hint of irritation at the distraction as the taller of the two females got between him and his target, but he did stop for a moment to look at her and hear what she had to say.
Whitegrazer wrote: "Optimus didn't want us to engage them unless necessary. It's better to watch what they do, not confront them."
"It's not quite that simple," Nexus told her after a brief pause, weighing his words carefully. "Look, I'll explain soon but right now I need to do this before the situation escalates out of control. Please.." He glanced from the female in front of him to the two smaller Maximals a short distance behind them, "Stay here out of sight, all of you. I cannot put your lives at risk."

He offered her a reassuring smile, gently squeezing her shoulder as he moved her aside so that he could proceed. "Trust me." As genuine as his voice was, it revealed that this decision was not up for debate. And so he continued walking.
Night Terror wrote:"Attention this is Night Terror, that was your first and only warning. Should anyone else approach my vessel, they shall be fired upon. I have no desire to destroy my fellow Predacons."
The smile quickly faded into a slight frown as Night Terror's voice appeared on his own communicator, his determination only increasing as he continued towards the landed ship. His optics narrowing in annoyance as he brushed aside the final vegetation separating him from the occupants of the vessel, his pace only slowing as he stopped around fifty feet from the two Predacons. He remained still for a moment, as if sizing them up, yet his arms remained at his side in a non-threatening manner and his shoulder mounted cannons remained inactive for the time being.

His gaze settling on the one that had identified himself as Night Terror, the tone in Nexus' voice as he spoke as that of a commanding officer, unwilling to show weakness, his posture stoic and heroic just like the real Nexus had appeared in his days of glory.

"Night Terror, I am Nexus Prime," the aging warrior said, using his assumed full name for a change, his backside carefully positioned to his Maximal companions so that they wouldn't be able to see his face. "You are currently in Maximal territory so any hostile move you make against any of my fellow Maximals or myself will be considered an act of war. And I assure you that you will not enjoy the repercussions of such an action.."

His warning was firm an to the point, his voice confident and truthful, but his eyes revealed his true nature when they changed shape and color multiple times, a gesture meant for only the two Predacons to see..

Nexus knew them both well and he was more than a little annoyed that they had decided to make their presence known now before his plans had been fully implemented. But now that they were here, he would simply have to deal with it. Swiftly, without revealing the truth to the other Maximals. Not yet, all the pieces were not in place just yet.

"I suggest you seek out your Predacon brethren, for they will surely welcome your kind."

The last few words held a darker edge to them, almost hinting that he had past dealings with this pair. As he finished the sentence, his eyes also returned to normal. Nexus paused, waiting for Night Terror's response, but upon doing so he also transmitted a hidden message containing coordinates to a location further away where they could reconvene at a later, more opportune time.
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admiralgrim

Unread post by admiralgrim »

Night Terror was exstatic. He looked at this new world, a world ripe for conquest. All he had to do was take care of the locals.

He walked out into the open, and absorbed his surroundings. He was tacking it all in when his internal sensors alerted him of someone approaching. He turned and saw a bot emerge from the brush.
"Night Terror, I am Nexus Prime," the aging warrior said, using his assumed full name for a change, his backside carefully positioned to his Maximal companions so that they wouldn't be able to see his face. "You are currently in Maximal territory so any hostile move you make against any of my fellow Maximals or myself will be considered an act of war. And I assure you that you will not enjoy the repercussions of such an action..

His warning was firm an to the point, his voice confident and truthful, but his eyes revealed his true nature when they changed shape and color multiple times, a gesture meant for only the two Predacons to see..
Well now isn't this interesting. Clearly he is not alone... Night Terror activated his thermal sights, spotting the other Maximals that accompanied Nexus Prime. Very well, we shall play along.

"Admiral Nexus Prime, this is a most intriguing honor." Night Terror said with a deep bow.

"I was unaware of any Maximal presence on this planet. So please forgive my trespassing."
"I suggest you seek out your Predacon brethren, for they will surely welcome your kind."
Well he certainly has the Maximal arrogance down. He plays he part a bit too well.

Night Terror was about to continue when his comm received a transmission. Coordinates.

"And here I thought I could have some polite conversation. We are, after all still at peace on Cybertron. I do not wish to start a war over such a minor misunderstanding. The outcome would indeed be...regrettable." Night Terror said with slight nod to his well armed comrade behind him.
Mystrea

Unread post by Mystrea »

Dirge stood staring at the hanger door while his master Night Terror warned the inferior Predacons approaching to not come any closer. Any who choose otherwise will be shot, survivors will be shot again. Protocol will be followed. The ship settled down with a little thud and went into a defensive mode as his master joined him by the hanger door. His superior then proceeded to inform him of the strategy changes and how they will proceed. These changes were of no consequence to Dirge, any change could be implemented quickly and require no practice. At the end of the day only one told him when to kill and when not to.

Dirge noticed the gravity difference. With a touch of a few buttons the hanger bay door opened allowing the planets atmosphere to mix with the ship's. He also took note of the temperature difference and that it was night time. His eye adjusted so that he could see perfectly. Night Terror started to gallivant into the unknown world. This was the only point when Dirge veered his gaze as he watched his master. After a few seconds his eye snapped to the front again and he followed with large thudding foot steps.

The giant was just behind his mater when he saw a Maximal in the distance, he was already conversing with Night Terror. While the two of them played out their theatricality , Dirge also detected the other Maximals taking cover. Two, possibly three, he could not tell without further data. His focus went back to the Maximal. Then the Maximal revealed his true colors which was recorded in Dirge's internal system. All video and audio recorded for future resources used only by Night Terror.

(Btw admiralgrim, your post are great)