S2: Next OC Episode Discussion

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Phoenix wrote:(ooc: Instead of a fungal infection, I would suggest a virus. A virus is technically not alive by itself and it uses its host's cells to reproduce by implanting its own genetic code into the host. In fact I had an idea for an OC episode I thought of months ago and this infection idea could easily be merged with it. On another note.. come on, spiders!!!)
This idea is more feasible and would probably work better with this universe. There are enough mad scientists in this game who could concoct one in an effort to assault the other team, but will accidentally expose them all.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I'm digging all of these ideas that you guys have been discussing. Sounds like a fresh start to the second season.
Not sure I total dig the fungal attack,though I have a strange feeling the only one who could come up with the cure would be Sonar, as he is specialized in biology and medicine.
Then there's another point, if the spores are gonna be contagious, everyone would go insane and try to kill each other unless Optimus could prevent himself from being infected, demand Sonar to make a cure and get everyone fixed in the head. Sonar, you're gonna be a hero!
:lol: I kind of like that idea with Sonar. Might as well use him while the Maximals have him. :wink:
Other than that, I hope Banshee has a "warm" welcome while Optimus and Megs fight over her about which team she should join. ))
Speaking of which, where art thou Banshee? I wouldn't mind having a go with Primal against DarkSpark as Megatron. I haven't had the pleasure yet. :twisted: Mwahahahaahahahahahahahahaaha! ...Banana.
A virus is technically not alive by itself and it uses its host's cells to reproduce by implanting its own genetic code into the host. In fact I had an idea for an OC episode I thought of months ago and this infection idea could easily be merged with it. On another note.. come on, spiders!!!)
:shock: Oooooooo... Yessss.
There are enough mad scientists in this game who could concoct one in an effort to assault the other team, but will accidentally expose them all.
:clap:

I'm really just posting a comment to decorate it with emoticons. Also, SPACESHIP! :lol:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Then there's another point, if the spores are gonna be contagious, everyone would go insane and try to kill each other unless Optimus could prevent himself from being infected, demand Sonar to make a cure and get everyone fixed in the head. Sonar, you're gonna be a hero!
Sonar: *not amused*

YaY! Wait.... I can see something *Puts pointer and middle fingers on temples*.... Optimus is going all batman on Sonar, beating the crap out of him demanding that he make the cure while Sonar is going all Joker and simply laughing at him. Man, my mind is weird.
I kind of like that idea with Sonar. Might as well use him while the Maximals have him.
AGREED!!!!
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Alak wrote:This idea is more feasible and would probably work better with this universe. There are enough mad scientists in this game who could concoct one in an effort to assault the other team, but will accidentally expose them all.

Agreed, a virus does make more sense then a fungal attack. Also either way, Sonar can be used to fix it since he basically specializes in obscure and dangerous biology that effects cybertronians. I'd even say probably better then Rhinox or Tarantulas in this field..
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Maybe Sonar can be the one responsible for spreading the virus... but since he gets exposed to it himself, he'll also have to be one who comes up with the cure?
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Alak wrote:Maybe Sonar can be the one responsible for spreading the virus... but since he gets exposed to it himself, he'll also have to be one who comes up with the cure?
Stop reading my mind, Alak! Lol. I was also thinking that Sonar could be responsible for the virus. And I like the idea of Sonar getting infected as well, its a good motivator for him.

Rabies anyone? Bats are notorious for it.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Bad Sonar bad! Don't make me put Doctor Banshee next to you! :lol:
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

starshadow wrote:Bad Sonar bad! Don't make me put Doctor Banshee next to you! :lol:

Wouldn't that cause Banshee to become Harley Quinn?
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

LOL! Nah..Banshee's not easily manipulated like Harley. :P but she may drive Sonar mad with her sweet personality.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Just my thoughts on all of this:

1. First off, fear and intelligence and not related. Many psychologists say that fear is an innate emotion that everyone feels regardless of intelligence, how developed your society, what language you speak, etc. So Waspinator and Manterror can still feel fear despite their lower intelligence. Granted, intelligence may affect more complex levels of fear, phobias for example....anxiety....and things. There may be differing levels of fear, but someone with a low IQ can still feel fear and know what fear is. In fact, throughout the show, Waspinator clearly is afraid of Megatron and even appears afraid of Optimus. The players of both lower intelligence characters can experiment with their characters fear response just like anyone else and can even have more fun with it than others! Which brings us to Inferno.....Inferno's intelligence stat is a 5 which is about average.

2. A virus...like a computer virus.... does seem to make more sense than a fungal infenction. Especially given the fact that organic matter would have been unaffected by the quantum surge so it wouldn't have mutated...of course, there are other ways for a fungal infection to mutate. But regardless, I like the idea of a virus better.

3. I agree that Predacons should also be affected by this. I feel that a lot of players who play Predacons do not always post very thought out posts. Predacons....well, villians by nature....are sometimes very linear characters. So, speaking from experience, it sometimes is difficult to write posts for the Predacon characters since there isn't much to them. Think of all the TFP Decepticons...even the TF Gen 1 Decepticons....that barely had names!!! Or appeared in one episode AND NEVER APPEARED IN ANOTHER! So, I think the Predacons should also be affected by this. It would be an opportunity for players of Predacons to explore what makes their characters tick. It may give other players who post the minimum 4 lines each time they post, an opportunity to get closer to their characters. We'd also see a different side to characters that often don't let their weaknesses show: The Predacons (as already stated); Ironclaw, who is focused on acting tough and defiant; NK's characters, who are often focused on being strong, heroic, and "down to earth"; Whitegrazer, who usually appears calm and focused; Wintersong, who is ever so careful to show how much she's grown may go back to some old, bad habits she's tried so hard to break; even Megatron wouldn't be immune!!! A lot of character development opportunity....and a chance to explore each character's reactions to fear because everyone reacts to fear differently.

4. I do see Starshadow's point though......it is a very personal subject and may lead to characters being alone for much of the episode. It may be difficult to find a way to interact with others. But I think we just need to be creative about this. Let's take my OC character for instance. Instead of having her experiencing hallucinations, she could have delusions instead such as believing that some of her comrades are actually the Predacon scientists from Cybertron out to bring her back to Cybertron....which could lead her to strike at them offensively instead of running away from them. We could have players from the same team fighting each other instead of fighting their enemies.

5. Before playing this though, we need to be sure we know how to cure the virus..... and frankly, I have some issues with the idea of Sonar doing the curing.....

I think if Sonar was going to come up with the cure...he'd have to contract the virus as well. That much I'm on board with..... Otherwise, he has no motivation to help the others. And Optimus "making him...." is kind of a shallow plot point. BUT what is to stop him from coming up with a cure and then curing himself and running away without curing anyone else???? I just don't think it's believable that he'd be "hired" so to speak to come up with a cure and then actually follow through with it.

And.....I'm not sure I agree that he should make the virus.....wouldn't an antidote come with making the virus especially if it were so contagious. It would be pretty stupid of him to make a virus that he knew was very contagious and not have an antidote on hand just in case he'd contract it...OR he'd have experimented with ways to make himself immune to it before infecting others with it.

So it is my opinion that we need to come up with a different way to cure the virus....

But......I really was partial to the scraplet idea....I think that sounded really cool.

And, lastly....I believe Arachnitron is Harley Quinn.....

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I bring up alot of good points, Blackrose.

I was thinking that because of Sonar's obsession with killing Saber-Fang, he wouldn't just cure himself and take off. Sure, if Saber wasn't infected, he would cure himself and bolt.

And perhaps Optimus makes a deal with Sonar, this is just an idea of course. Primal sees that Sonar is also infected and because he's the source maybe he's far worse then the others are.

Anyway, Primal makes Sonar deal. He'll let the bat go after he makes the cure for the Maximals. Whether Primal keeps his word or not is up to OOP.

I mentioned before what about rabies? Bats are notorious for it.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Blackrosefencer wrote:1. First off, fear and intelligence and not related. Many psychologists say that fear is an innate emotion that everyone feels regardless of intelligence, how developed your society, what language you speak, etc. So Waspinator and Manterror can still feel fear despite their lower intelligence. Granted, intelligence may affect more complex levels of fear, phobias for example....anxiety....and things. There may be differing levels of fear, but someone with a low IQ can still feel fear and know what fear is. In fact, throughout the show, Waspinator clearly is afraid of Megatron and even appears afraid of Optimus. The players of both lower intelligence characters can experiment with their characters fear response just like anyone else and can even have more fun with it than others! Which brings us to Inferno.....Inferno's intelligence stat is a 5 which is about average.

Eh, in the case of Inferno, it isn't so much intelligence,but insanity, or conviction might be a better term. Inferno is a zealot,I believe only once in the show has he shown fear for his own well being, as other times he has perform actions that are down right suicidal. He shrugs off pain and goes all out, all for "the colony".

Though yes, Waspinator does routinely feel fear, and pain. Quickstrike probably can feel fear, but his image of being tough will never let him show it as long as he's around others. I am also wondering if I made Inferno's intelligence too high after seeing that damn bathtub scene a few times in that episode.. He just randomly shoots the Radio jamming tower while laughing.
Blackrosefencer wrote:3. I agree that Predacons should also be affected by this. I feel that a lot of players who play Predacons do not always post very thought out posts. Predacons....well, villians by nature....are sometimes very linear characters. So, speaking from experience, it sometimes is difficult to write posts for the Predacon characters since there isn't much to them. Think of all the TFP Decepticons...even the TF Gen 1 Decepticons....that barely had names!!! Or appeared in one episode AND NEVER APPEARED IN ANOTHER! So, I think the Predacons should also be affected by this. It would be an opportunity for players of Predacons to explore what makes their characters tick. It may give other players who post the minimum 4 lines each time they post, an opportunity to get closer to their characters. We'd also see a different side to characters that often don't let their weaknesses show: The Predacons (as already stated); Ironclaw, who is focused on acting tough and defiant; NK's characters, who are often focused on being strong, heroic, and "down to earth"; Whitegrazer, who usually appears calm and focused; Wintersong, who is ever so careful to show how much she's grown may go back to some old, bad habits she's tried so hard to break; even Megatron wouldn't be immune!!! A lot of character development opportunity....and a chance to explore each character's reactions to fear because everyone reacts to fear differently.

*LOL* Eh, not sure in certain cases there. Wintersong's old habits were living alone in the woods.. not something you'd want. Umbra if infected (Not sure how this infection will work mind you,but it'd depend on what happens with Onyx as he'll be spending the episode following him through the scope of his gun looking for an opportunity to strike.) will probably just see it as karma having come to him finally for years of taking others lives in the pursuit of greed and the way of the ninja, he's made to be a typical ninja type personality.
Blackrosefencer wrote:5. Before playing this though, we need to be sure we know how to cure the virus..... and frankly, I have some issues with the idea of Sonar doing the curing.....

I think if Sonar was going to come up with the cure...he'd have to contract the virus as well. That much I'm on board with..... Otherwise, he has no motivation to help the others. And Optimus "making him...." is kind of a shallow plot point. BUT what is to stop him from coming up with a cure and then curing himself and running away without curing anyone else???? I just don't think it's believable that he'd be "hired" so to speak to come up with a cure and then actually follow through with it.

Well, I mentioned Sonar since.. he's the most focused for biology. He created the beast inside Saberfang and was helping her suppress it for awhile. He also routinely would capture animals to experiment on them.. either for knowledge or twisted pleasure. Though agreed, he'd probably only be motivated for himself.
Blackrosefencer wrote:And, lastly....I believe Arachnitron is Harley Quinn.....

If Sonar is the Joker.. and Arachnitron is Harley Quinn.. we should keep those two apart. :p
Night-Hunter wrote:I mentioned before what about rabies? Bats are notorious for it.

Only 6% of bats carry rabies, it's not a big figure since.. they fly. Though do you really want Sonar suffering from Cyber rabies? I know he's having an issue with his eye sight, but rabies is a bad way to go and can take awhile.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

OMG! This sounds awesome! Especially after the what happened with my character and Optimus in the holoroom. XD This is perfect!!! :lol:

4. I do see Starshadow's point though......it is a very personal subject and may lead to characters being alone for much of the episode. It may be difficult to find a way to interact with others. But I think we just need to be creative about this. Let's take my OC character for instance. Instead of having her experiencing hallucinations, she could have delusions instead such as believing that some of her comrades are actually the Predacon scientists from Cybertron out to bring her back to Cybertron....which could lead her to strike at them offensively instead of running away from them. We could have players from the same team fighting each other instead of fighting their enemies.
Utter chaos in all the bases! XDDDD

You do make a good point. I do see some of more strong-willed ones trying to ignore what they see or hear, trying to get their sanity back to try and help the others who are missing (if there are any).
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sonar created the beast inside Saberfang and was helping her suppress it for awhile. He also routinely would capture animals to experiment on them.. either for knowledge or twisted pleasure. Though agreed, he'd probably only be motivated for himself.
technically, Sonar didn't create the beast. Its a genetic mutation of some kind that Saber was "born" with, he was helpping her suppress it.

As for Sonar's motivation, he wouldn't allow some infection take Saber out. He wants that pleasure for himself, it's his crazy a** obsession.
Blackrosefencer wrote:And, lastly....I believe Arachnitron is Harley Quinn.....
If Sonar is the Joker.. and Arachnitron is Harley Quinn.. we should keep those two apart. :p
AGREED!! But, if that's the case keeping Arachnitron away from Sonar will be near impossible. Lol.
Only 6% of bats carry rabies, it's not a big figure since.. they fly. Though do you really want Sonar suffering from Cyber rabies? I know he's having an issue with his eye sight, but rabies is a bad way to go and can take awhile.
Hmm, good point. NEVER MIND, NO RABIES.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I wouldn't shrug off the notion that Inferno is fearless. Sure, he has a Courage of 10 and he does some pretty insane things in the show, but it's those same convictions that we speak of that can draw out his deepest fears. What is something bad was to happen to his "queen"? What if Inferno suddenly lost his ability to defend his "colony"? Remember, fear doesn't have to be rational, so even if his "queen" is an all-powerful Megatron and Inferno is a pretty tough soldier in his own right, he'll still have something to be afraid of. Same goes for the other seemingly fearless/crazy characters.