S2: Next OC Episode Discussion

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

S2: Next OC Episode Discussion

Unread post by Phoenix »

**FROM OOP: Please discuss all ideas here for the next OC episode that will follow the Tangled Webs ep. that we're still working on because players have vanished into thin air again. Thank you!**

(ooc: Spiders spin their awfully intricate web..

Figured I'd ask here to see if there's any interest in doing an OC episode next. The last few have been based on canon eps so maybe it's time for something a little different?)
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

((OOC: Oh, I have an idea for an OC episode. One of the Maximals comes into contact with some strange fungus. Bring it back to the Axalon, which makes it spread through out the ship, causing those inside to experience their greatest fears. And perhaps the Predacons take advantage of the situation.))
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

((OOC: Night-Hunter's idea sounds pretty cool. Although, it would be nice to have the Predacons explore their fears. Maybe both sides start out fighting- ending in a stalemate- and they all get exposed. That way we'll have character development for all available characters!))
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

( OC story sounds fine.
Night-Hunter wrote:((OOC: Oh, I have an idea for an OC episode. One of the Maximals comes into contact with some strange fungus. Bring it back to the Axalon, which makes it spread through out the ship, causing those inside to experience their greatest fears. And perhaps the Predacons take advantage of the situation.))

So.. a modification of the story "The voice in the night", or Matango film which was inspired by that book, or Steven King's "Weeds/The lonesome death of Jordy Verrill" which was featured as a story, comic, and adapted into the 1982 film Creepshow as a short segment.

Basically The voice in the night is about a ship at sea overcome by a fungus, the remaining crew living on an island as they are overcome by the fungus. One of the survivors rowing out to a passing by sailboat at night, begging for food but telling them not to come near his boat as he narrates the tale, only at the end while rowing into the sunset does the sailboat's crew see a mushroomman rowing away to his eventual death. Matango is a film adaptation, but I use those terms loosely.

The lonesome death of Jordy Verrill is possibly closer to how I'd imagine such a scenario being inflicted on the Maximals and predacons.. A Redneck in the new hampshire backwoods finds a meteor which he believes he can use to sell and pay off the remaining 200 dollars on his bank loan. He can't pick up the meteor because it's hot, so he tries to cool it down with water, causing it to crack open and infect him with moss or plant like spores. As he touches things, it spreads around his house, but avoids going to the doctors worried his fingers would be cut off. As it spreads and irritates him, he decides to take a bath which the ghost of his dead father warns him not to, but he assumes he's already dead by this point. After which he wakes up mutated into a plant creature with his entire house engulfed by the growth, the television warning of rain outside as he attempts to try to take his life with a shotgun..

Now a meteor carrying such a thing seems possible, or the effect of a vok weapon, but there would be a few questions.

1: Considering Cybertronian durability, it's probably entirely possible to just burn it off with a blow torch,pressure washer,or high voltage electrical surge. Even worse, what sort of effects would it have on characters with abnormal anatomy like Nemesis who's nanites can eat nearly any matter except Rheanimum gas treated matter?

2:Would a similar pre-existing condition be more suited? As Transformers do have Scraplets (Probably modified from G1 version and not TF Prime) or Cosmic Rust (which is similar.)

That's my few paragraphs on it anyway. LOL )
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

OOC: Oooo...Matango & Creepshow, classics! :mrgreen:
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Alak wrote:((OOC: Night-Hunter's idea sounds pretty cool. Although, it would be nice to have the Predacons explore their fears. Maybe both sides start out fighting- ending in a stalemate- and they all get exposed. That way we'll have character development for all available characters!))
1: Considering Cybertronian durability, it's probably entirely possible to just burn it off with a blow torch,pressure washer,or high voltage electrical surge. Even worse, what sort of effects would it have on characters with abnormal anatomy like Nemesis who's nanites can eat nearly any matter except Rheanimum gas treated matter?

2:Would a similar pre-existing condition be more suited? As Transformers do have Scraplets (Probably modified from G1 version and not TF Prime) or Cosmic Rust (which is similar.)

((OOC: Even better, Alak! I've thought of that Naitokage. Perhaps the fungus became mutated and/or possibly altered some how by the quantum surge.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Night-Hunter wrote:
Alak wrote:((OOC: Night-Hunter's idea sounds pretty cool. Although, it would be nice to have the Predacons explore their fears. Maybe both sides start out fighting- ending in a stalemate- and they all get exposed. That way we'll have character development for all available characters!))

((OOC: Even better, Alak! I've thought of that Naitokage. Perhaps the fungus became mutated and/or possibly altered some how by the quantum surge.

OOC: transmetal scraplets would be pretty brutal
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(
DarkSpark wrote:OOC: transmetal scraplets would be pretty brutal

Transmetal Scraplets of either G1 or TFP version would be horrific, the only ones to survive would be water types or ice types if they still had those weaknesses.
Night-Hunter wrote:I've thought of that Naitokage. Perhaps the fungus became mutated and/or possibly altered some how by the quantum surge.

Okay. So.. you have this living metal fungus.. The only problem I would see with this, is that they would have to find a way to stop it.. with the potential of causing a wipe. :P

Predacons explore their fears? Maybe some. Nem is one of the few characters with very specific developed fears. In other cases like Inferno,Quickstrike, or Tantrum.. they may be too stupid to know fear.)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

((OOC: Eh, those 3 can be comic relief lol...))
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(
Alak wrote:((OOC: Eh, those 3 can be comic relief lol...))

Aren't they always? :P

Not sure I total dig the fungal attack,though I have a strange feeling the only one who could come up with the cure would be Sonar, as he is specialized in biology and medicine.

Anyway, also to note next episode is when Banshee will be introduced, Maybe Landslide if that wont be any trouble. After that, besides Rampage.. we have no more stasis pods! Le gasp! )
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

((Hmmm..okay I'm gonna say my opinions about the idea. Correct me if I got the info wrong.

Concept wise of exploring fears is good but the way it was put is ehh...let's just say it doesn't feel right due to some factors.

1. If an organic thing is mutated by the quantum surge, then the whole planet is affected.

2. If I'm correct, Cybertronian anatomy don't really work like organics. Emotions would involve a cybertronian's cerebral processor(brain) and that requires some hacking of programs to make him to feel fear and hacking is done manually unless you want nanobots to do that but these little bots would have to be controlled by something.

3. The others won't be able to RP much since they're all infected with fear which could lead players to the pit of boredom.

You guys may say it's a mushroom from the Vok but my counter reason would be that the Vok would rather get the job by quickly by exterminating everything all at once than floating around and enjoy the show.

Then there's another point, if the spores are gonna be contagious, everyone would go insane and try to kill each other unless Optimus could prevent himself from being infected, demand Sonar to make a cure and get everyone fixed in the head. Sonar, you're gonna be a hero! :P

I suggest that we should pick up Rampage and the other OC pods.

End of opinion.

Other than that, I hope Banshee has a "warm" welcome while Optimus and Megs fight over her about which team she should join. ))
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(
starshadow wrote:1. If an organic thing is mutated by the quantum surge, then the whole planet is affected.
Correct. Organic life is unaffected by the quantum surge.
starshadow wrote:If I'm correct, Cybertronian anatomy don't really work like organics. Emotions would involve a cybertronian's cerebral processor(brain) and that requires some hacking of programs to make him to feel fear and hacking is done manually unless you want nanobots to do that but these little bots would have to be controlled by something.

Er, Cybertronians do feel emotions. The emotional response towards fear would be due to their own demise. There are also some cybertronian diseases that act sort of like human ones do to a degree, but that's all from G1. On the other hand.. we have things like Cybervenom which to be perfectly honest, I still don't get how it works, it never made sense in the show. Biology wise, Cybertronians are composed of "living metals" for whatever that is, and do have their own genetic structure called "CNA" or Cybertroniasknucleic acid which seems to be introduced to the frame from the spark?

As for hacking, wireless hacking can be done, but at the moment the only one with equipment to do that is Aurora. I'm sure Tarantulas could come up with a rig though.. There are however been other ways to induce emotional or psychological effects to transformers, like hypnosis, or things like the hate plague. )
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: Instead of a fungal infection, I would suggest a virus. A virus is technically not alive by itself and it uses its host's cells to reproduce by implanting its own genetic code into the host. In fact I had an idea for an OC episode I thought of months ago and this infection idea could easily be merged with it. On another note.. come on, spiders!!!)
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

NaitoKage wrote:(
starshadow wrote:1. If an organic thing is mutated by the quantum surge, then the whole planet is affected.
Correct. Organic life is unaffected by the quantum surge.
starshadow wrote:If I'm correct, Cybertronian anatomy don't really work like organics. Emotions would involve a cybertronian's cerebral processor(brain) and that requires some hacking of programs to make him to feel fear and hacking is done manually unless you want nanobots to do that but these little bots would have to be controlled by something.

Er, Cybertronians do feel emotions. The emotional response towards fear would be due to their own demise. There are also some cybertronian diseases that act sort of like human ones do to a degree, but that's all from G1. On the other hand.. we have things like Cybervenom which to be perfectly honest, I still don't get how it works, it never made sense in the show. Biology wise, Cybertronians are composed of "living metals" for whatever that is, and do have their own genetic structure called "CNA" or Cybertroniasknucleic acid which seems to be introduced to the frame from the spark?

As for hacking, wireless hacking can be done, but at the moment the only one with equipment to do that is Aurora. I'm sure Tarantulas could come up with a rig though.. There are however been other ways to induce emotional or psychological effects to transformers, like hypnosis, or things like the hate plague. )

OOC: CNA was introduced in TFP, so it doesn't necessarily apply to the Beast Wars, especially since they're in continuity with G1. As for cybervenom, I always assumed it worked like a virus, being uploaded into the victim via fangs, stingers, or an energy bolt to carry it to the victim.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cyber_venom
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(
DarkSpark wrote:OOC: CNA was introduced in TFP, so it doesn't necessarily apply to the Beast Wars, especially since they're in continuity with G1.
Technically, CNA was introduced in the IDW comics, particularly the one with Arcee getting the sex change. Though those are more of a side continuation of G1, not G1 itself..however, considering what the Swarm seems to be made of, and G2 having transformer's reproduction through budding.. they have some sort of strange cellular like structure I'd imagine.
DarkSpark wrote: As for cybervenom, I always assumed it worked like a virus, being uploaded into the victim via fangs, stingers, or an energy bolt to carry it to the victim.
Huh.. in that case.. in theory it'd entirely be possible to build a Hacking Gun and shoot programs into victims.. Or have someone modify their Cybervenom to install malicious software for spying.. 0_o

Anyone notice we've more or less completely lost track and just seem to be in OOC mode now? *LOL* )