General Error Nonsense

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

General Error Nonsense

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
WHAT is this and WHY does it keep happening? "Anyone? Anyone?" At first it was only once a month or so, which wasn't a nuisance, but now I fight it 95% of the time I try checking out the board, whether it be on my PC or my iPod. And I know others have been having issues with it as well. It's really starting to get on my nerves, and I'm hoping it isn't deterring people away (especially from the RPG and they can't post or have to wait until it starts working again). :?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

The last few days I haven't been getting as many of these error codes as I did about a week ago (when it was quite intolerable, quite frankly).

The cause, honestly, is a bit of a mystery. The message doesn't give much clue in itself, essentially saying it could be either a coding error or a server error. Since Warwulf insists he has not touched the code for a while and it was working just fine back when he did, I'm leaning more towards it being an issue with the new server host. :(
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

I check here almost daily and I haven't had any problems like that.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox in Windows 7, if that helps anybody figure out what the issue is.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

It must be like what Phoenix said a problem with the new server host. It does get annoying when you want to log off or post then all of a sudden that error message messes you up. Bah! :lol:
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I use Chrome on windows 7. Until a few weeks ago I didn't have any issues. Albeit the past week I haven't had any issues.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

I have gotten the error too. Usually I just go do something else and try again at a later time and I can usually get on when I try again.

It does say "too many connections" so maybe it has something to do with the amount of people on the forums at one time. Perhaps the SQL server can't handle so much traffic at once.

There might be more info on phpbb.com. They have a web forum where people post problems that they have been having with their websites that use phpbb software. I googled the error message and there seem to be a lot of people who have had this same problem. The posts I found were pretty old though.....Warwulf might want to try to find some more recent ones. Anyway, it sounds like a lot of people found it had something to do with the phpbb software.....a lot of posts were suggesting talking directly to your host/server company (or whatever) to troubleshoot.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I was wondering if it was just me that was receiving those messages. I thought it was my laptop, but it's brand new, and I'm running windows 8. Sure I'm on internet explorer, but still I didn't think that could be it. Glad to know I wasn't the only one getting these messages. I was getting these at least once a day for at least 3 days about 2 weeks ago.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, whatever its issue was, miraculously as soon as I posted this topic it has not given me any trouble at all. :roll:
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, I stand corrected. Gave me some trouble again about a half hour ago. And I had to log in again. :|