Writing Challenge?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Omicron the IceQueen

Writing Challenge?

Unread post by Omicron the IceQueen »

So, I'm doing writing challenges on DA, and I was wondering if BWint members here would be interested in do something like that. But of course Beast Wars themed.

The challenge is just to write, it can be any size your comfortable with [like I have a few that are just 500 words long or 1,000+] according to prompts.

I could make a Beast Wars' list pretty easily and would like to do it with others as well, and we can post the links up on The Console?
"Contrary to popular Autobot belief humans cannot, in fact, be ‘misplaced.’ They tend to get up and walk away on their slagging own, or are kidnapped. Stop bugging me about it." ~Roadbuster from the AWYNK story
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I get writer's block, I have somewhat poor time management, and my school work is out to get me. But I am down for this.

What would you be thinking for the judging system? There used to be a regularly-occurring competition on the IDW Publishing forums where... essentially anyone with an account who went through and read all of the stories could put in a vote for the story they wanted to win, and I know I liked that method a lot. But obviously that's just a preliminary suggestion.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

I think this sounds like a great idea! One of the other RP sites I used to do did writers contests (I cannot remember its name, but I'm fairly certain it was not TCA. I feel like it might have been TFarchive or something similar). I'm not sure what kind of judging system they did....it was too long ago to remember.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Omicron the IceQueen

I was thinking just challenges, not a contest honestly. Just to help with writing and getting some more Beast Wars stuff out. As an example, http://lady-of-ice-chaos.deviantart.com ... -352631237 <-- that's what I have on DA.
"Contrary to popular Autobot belief humans cannot, in fact, be ‘misplaced.’ They tend to get up and walk away on their slagging own, or are kidnapped. Stop bugging me about it." ~Roadbuster from the AWYNK story
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Oh! O.k. Yeah, I've seen writing challenges before.

For my own part, it might depend on the frequency and topic of the challenges. I'm not at all a routine, day-by-day sort of writer. I'm sure I'd jump in and out of participation.

I'm certainly still interested, though.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Omicron the IceQueen

That's okay, I'm expecting people to do it every day, I can't either as much as I try [as I'm writing a book, takes a lot of my writing time up]. What I was thinking of doing is just putting up one or two promts for a day for the week [5 days?] and you can just pick what you want to do, and you can even do it out of order.

Mod question: if I do make a list [or if someone else wants to make one some time] where do we post it? not sure
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Omicron the IceQueen wrote: Mod question: if I do make a list [or if someone else wants to make one some time] where do we post it? not sure
Sorry about the delayed reply... You mean a list of the promts?

I think we can call that Console territory ;)
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Omicron the IceQueen

XD its okay, thanks sweetie!