"Aftermath: Part I - New Introductions"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

((Yay I can access the forum with the laptop again!!! :D I'll post once Cece receives orders.))
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Quickstrike watched the area the Maximals were taking cover in, he however had started to learn that he couldn't shoot through the rocks, and that these guys could put a hurt on him.

He then saw in horror as one of the Democharges was thrown out, not realizing what it was being used for he simply ran back a bit not to be involved in the blast at all. As the dust cleared, he saw Cheetor flying off into the distance, blinking Well,that thar feller sure is fast.Must ta been scared of the waloop I was gonna put on im'. he muttered to himself.

Umbra heard the rest of his orders, but didn't bother to respond to Megatron. He lifted Waspinator's flattened body from the ground, then turned on his radio again Lady Cecaelia, change in plans it seems. Megatron has requested you take the wounded back to base, then meet up with him. I've been ordered to lead our new friend here to him.. Since your much faster then myself, it does seem logical, but I still feel bad that you were put into that position..Either way.. just roll over to me and I'll hand over Manterror and Waspinator.

Umbra then turned as he heard, and saw Tantrum. Who's face seemed to be on fire, but it didn't bother the giant at the least. Very well, follow me then sir. Umbra made a waving gesture with his hand, then started to walk in Megatron's direction.

Aerostriker finished his perimeter sweep of the Maximal base,he looked towards the Axalon as the shield came down. He was curious what other Maximals were around, but it seemed that would have to be put on hold.
Last edited by NaitoKage on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

With Rattrap's wide peripheral vision in his vehicle mode, he could see a few large, whitish purple blasts from Megatron streaming his way, as well as Cheetor's. Strafing on his wheels, he narrowly missed one as the others blew by and hammered the ground or other boulders. Megatron was bellowing about something but his loud exhaust pipes made it practically inaudible. "Phew," he sighed in relief to himself, "Don't need a fried rat today."

Watching Cheetor spinning out, the newly appointed Maximal Commander gasped in fear and was about to call out to him until the cat caught himself and regained his direction and balance in the air. Slaggin' Megatron, he thought bitterly, glancing back at the Predacon leader. They needed to shake that flying t-rex off of their tails but if they stopped now, they would be in even more trouble. The only one Rattrap was really worried about was Megatron, now that he was more powerful and still egotistical, power-hungry and - dare he admit it - intelligent. Steelclaw and the other little Fuzor were left in the dust. It would take some time for them to catch up, so he didn't concern himself with those two. As for the other Fuzor, where had he gotten to...?

Suddenly a bright flash caught his neon green optic as it erupted right behind his left reer wheel, the force pushing him forward with its momentum. Keeping control of his steering, Rattrap abruptly turned left when he saw another missile sneaking up on his right side. Okay, either this dog was a bad shot or he was purposely trying not to harm him. Of course, all of this weaving and squirreling to dodge all of these shots that were being fired upon him made him squirm a little as it stretched his back and pulled his wound.
"Your situation is becoming desperate,"
Hah! Been dat way ever since we crashed here, the TransMetal rat said to himself.
"Stand down now, Maximals, and I'm sure Megatron will give you generous terms of surrender."
Rattrap couldn't help but laugh out loud at the flying wolf because of how foolish he sounded as he flew near him. Then he added over the sound of his engine, "Two words wrong with yer pathetic attempt of trust, birddog; generous an' surrender. You think I was just built yesterday? Dose words ain't in his vocabulary, and certainly not after he murdered our leader!" His tone grew angry and short. "I'd watch yer back if I were you, White Fang! Megs is known to kill his own!" With that, Rattrap watched him carefully to make sure he didn't try grabbing his tail. He still wasn't sure where this guy's loyalty laid. Obviously he knew next to nothing about Megatron except that he punished his troops brutally for disobeying, so maybe Rattrap could take this opportunity to persuade him to join the Maximals or at least reason with him. ...That's what Optimus would have done... Right? Yeah. So for the time being, he continued his speed with the winged canine near him, seemingly unthreatening.

EDIT:
(( OOC: NK, I just want to note that I don't think it's necessary for anyone to go out and help Cheetor and Rattrap, as eager as you are for Aero to fly in and save the day again. Yes, again. :P I worded it the way I did with Rattrap on purpose when he was telling Cheetor to call in; basicly just an update on their situation and that the Maximals should be prepared, he didn't mean for him to call for back-up. It just doesn't quite make sense since both Cheetor and Rattrap are fast and will likely outrun the Preds before they get back to the Axalon (Megatron is the only one who might be able to keep up). Megatron's not going to attack the Axalon until all of his reinforcements arrive anyway, so he's going to back off long before he can catch Cheetor and Rattrap. Since Saber is directing the transmissions right now, she didn't even have the chance to inform Rhinox about Cheetor's call. Had Rhinox had the authority like he should've (he's currently in charge at the Axalon), he would have grounded all of the Maximals and kept them at the base because they don't need anymore risk for injuries now; they're all going to be needed to defend the ship and themselves. If Rhinox were to send someone to help them, he'd send someone who knows the rat and the cheetah, the Predacons and the terrain because it would be far more beneficial. Also, given the time it took you to post for Aero again after all of this was taking place, he and Orcariner should have been in the base by now. :roll: I just can't comprehend why someone as new as Aero would hightail it like that into the unknown, as "courageous" but foolish as it is. Anyway, that's just my throught processing on it. ))
"Well, that's just prime!"
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

((OOC: In that case, OOP, the misunderstanding belongs to me completely. Would you prefer that I edit Cheetor's call in the last post?

As for other people responding to Cheetor's call--whatever it may end up being--I think Rhinox, Saber, Orcariner, et. al. still can potentially respond to it, whether that means going out themselves or telling Cheetor instead to just hurry up and/or acknowledging Aero, but suggesting to him that he wait (if Aero only told Orcariner where he's about to go, I suppose Orcariner could relay that message to the rest and then they could acknowledge Aero, but suggest he... I'm talking in circles). So, if Aero is not meant to be a hero at all, he can be told to stay. Or, if he is not meant to be the only hero, other Maximals could still join him right now. I think.

In regards to Aerostriker responding to Cheetor's transmission to the base... I hadn't realized that it was a logistical problem for Aerostriker to hear that message instead of just Saber-Fang until you mentioned it. In my mind, it made perfect sense that everyone would heard it on their own com-links, which would make "base" in this case a use of synecdoche--Cheetor is referring to everyone in the base. But now that you've brought it up... yeah, I don't think that's how it works in the show. When somebody calls the base, it just goes to the command center. But it's possible that NaitoKage was making the same kind of assumption that I was rather than trying to have his character override Saber Fang and Rhinox's roles in all of this.

As for NaitoKage's characters playing the part of the hero... o.k. That was probably his intention here (though I can't speak for you, NaitoKage), especially given that the story demands that Rattrap and Cheetor survive this, so unless we get really inventive and Aerostriker goes down and Cheetor and Rattrap have to find a way to outrun the Preds and pull Aerostriker to safety... yes, it is extremely likely that anyone who goes to help Rattrap and Cheetor out right now will end up looking pretty good just to suit the needs of this stage of the story. With that said, there is, again, still time for Rhinox to call him off or for other Maximals to play the hero with him. And--also again--the option does still stand for me to edit my post and change Cheetor's message to base.))
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Warwulf
RPG Characters: Silverbolt, Trantrum

Unread post by Warwulf »

((OOC: Joint post worked on by myself and OOP. I took the liberty of brining the dialogue to a dramatic conclusion... just in time for a commercial break. ;-) Oh, and Blazemane -- if you're not too busy -- you might be needed. :-P ))

Silverbolt was troubled by Rattrap's accusations about Megatron. It's not implausible that he was lying about everything. But somehow, what Rattrap said smacked of a certain amount of truth. Still, he had his duties.

"So be it," he answered as he passed overhead. His talons grasping downward at the rat, trying to find a purchase point.

Observing the Fuzor change his position, Rattrap narrowed his eyes suspiciously and immediately lowered his tail closer to the ground. "Hey!" he hollered up at him, trying to drive at the same time.

"Hold still," Silverbolt called down to his query. "I don't want to hurt you." Swooping in closer, he grabbed at Rattrap's back.

Panicking, Rattrap slammed his brakes and skidded across the dirt, still moving forward as his wheels slid and dust floated into the air. "Are you crazy?! Fer all I know, yer gonna take me back ta Megatron and let him eat my head!"

As Silverbolt locked on, he flapped his wings, gaining altitude. He circled back around, taking Rattrap towards the Predacon position.

"Settle down. Surely Megatron treats prisoners of war with honor," he reassured Rattrap.

"NO!" The rat squirmed in the Fuzor's grasp. He didn't care if his talons scratched or punctured him, he didn't care if he fell to his death, he couldn't end up in Megatron's hands. ANYTHING but that! "No, no, no! You don't get it, do you?! He doesn't know de meanin' of 'honor'! All he's been tryin' to do to us is kill us! Why do you think he had you attack us as soon as we arrived?! He doesn't wanna shake hands and say, 'hello, how are ya doin''! He wants us dead!" His voice was frantic and fearful.

Silverbolt was unsettled by Rattrap. He shook his head vigorously, as if trying to clear his mind. "That's... not possible. Even so, I am a Predacon. It's my duty to bring you in."

It was too bad he didn't let him grab his tail instead because at least then he could have curled up and bit him. With the Fuzor holding him by his back, Rattrap was almost helpless, dangling there with his feet and his tail sailing in the wind. Almost.

"Yeah? Well, I got news fer you, pal. You didn't arrive as a Predacon, you came on OUR ship! You were a Maximal until Megatron got his dirty, little hands on you! What does instinct tell ya, huh? That dis is wrong? 'Cause it is!"

Silverbolt didn't answer right away. Something did sit ill at ease with him. Something's be ill at ease since he first got here. He thought that it was just some post-stasis jitters. But perhaps it was something more.

"Ha!" he tried to laugh it off and sound confident. "And what proof do you have, little mouse?"

The rodent shook his head, watching the ground fly by below his feet, approaching his doom. Was this how Optimus felt while he was in the pod, his nemesis being the last person he talked to? "Okay, look, birddog, what leader in deir right mind slaps his crew around to make 'em obey his orders? Ours never did that! He didn't have to! We..." Rattrap paused for a moment as he realized that he never really spoke about anyone like this before, and certainly never to any Predacon or somebody he just met. His voice was calmer. "We respected Optimus. Despite everythin'... We're still here... We're still alive because of him. But he lost his life because of his selflessness."

Silverbolt remained silent. What could he say to that? Rattrap's words really struck a chord with Silverbolt. Ever since he arrived, Silverbolt has felt ill at ease with his new comrades and his new commander. And this Maximal's sparkfelt depiction of his fallen leader is precisely the sort of leader that Silverbolt had envisioned. But, that leader is dead and he was a Pred. It would take more than the empassioned pleas of one rodent to turn Silverbolt from his comrades. Was this just some sort of Maximal mind game? Get ahold of yourself, Silverbolt. Think. He told himself. He looked down at Rattrap, and back at the Predacon position. They were within visual range.

They would be arriving shortly.

But all this felt so... unnecessary. Attacking foes that were not attacking. Foes that did not pose a threat. This battle is done, the day is won. If Silverbolt captured this rodent, then the responsibility for his well-being as prisoner of war rested on him. And this rodent seemed confident that death awaited him. Maybe that's the way they treat their prisoners too? It doesn't matter. He had his orders. But... still, so much evil was done by others who were simply 'following orders'. Think, Silverbolt, think.

That's it!

Silverbolt was ordered to destroy the Maximals. He changed course, heading out directly over a canyon with raging rapids cutting through the landscape. He climbed rapidly, almost reaching the cloud layer before stopping and holding position. Catching a brief glimpse of something in his periphery, he felt... he hoped... that the Maximal cat was nearby. He hoped that his estimation of their loyalty and selflessness was not undeserved, otherwise Silverbolt would end up carrying out his orders all too well.

"The name is Silverbolt," he at last introduced himself to his foe. "Tell me something there, friend. Do you trust your fellow Maximal..." Silverbolt added the unintentionally dramatic pause as he lined up his aim, compensating for windage "...with your life?"

With that, he released his talons of Rattrap's back, sending him plummeting down to earth.

Silverbolt closed his optics and banked away from the canyon. He hoped that Rattrap had understood the double meaning of his question. And he hoped to Primus that he was was not wrong about his friend. It took him several cycles to bring himself to contact Megatron.

"Silverbolt to Megatron," he radioed morosely. "It is finished. The Maximal is no more."
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

( Eh, I'll just edit it so Aerostriker doesn't go. As for why Aerostriker would go, Cheetor was basically making a distress call. Would you normally ignore such a call? If so, that doesn't technically follow the Maximal character at all. As for why Aerostriker wasn't in base already, the shield just came down and he was circling the area to check for enemy ambushes while waiting. Not to mention, since Aerostriker doesn't know the area that well, he probably doesn't know how to enter the Axalon until Orcariner goes in..

Also, this leads into one other thing.. while we mention recognizing the characters, since Maximals and Predacons use different "energy signatures", wouldn't he pick that up anyway? Or are we assuming thats just pre-recorded radar/sonar/infrared/visual data? )
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Upon given clearance, Orcariner accelerated ahead towards the hangar bay of the ship. His radar was showing that all primary CR Chambers were being occupied at the moment, although their protective nature shielded the identities of the occupants, so he decided that the back-up ones should suffice. He looked down at the unconscious Wintersong and mumbled.

"Hang in there, lady. We're almost home."

There were a few more CR Chambers sprawled across the ship, but there were two that immediately came to mind. Slipping through the bay doors as they opened, Orcariner jogged to the transport vehicle known as the Nomad. The repair chamber inside was small, but then again so were the Maximals that were hurt. Not bothering to use the automated opener, the giant grabbed onto the handle of the vehicle's door and wrenched it open. There was an awkward pop from the force he had exerted, and he knew that something had been broken. It was a negligible worry at the moment. Laying Wintersong inside the CR Chamber, the killer whale closed the lid and started up the process. The repair machine was taking its time warming up due to the fact that it had been months since anyone had used it last. It was testing Orcariner's patience, but he knew there was point in trying to rush it.

"Hey, Airazor," he called, stepping out of the Nomad, "Go ahead and use my CR Chamber. It's a bit large, but don't let that intimidate you. I designed it to be capable of repairing bots of all sizes. It'll even adjust to someone as small as Frilla."

Orcariner sighed, glad to have finally arrived back home. He inspected the door of the Nomad which now appeared to be partly torn off, but chose not to prioritize its repair over his debriefing. He exited the hangar bay and proceeded towards the bridge to speak to Rhinox.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Cecaelia was rubbing her tentacles until she heard the radio.

"Alright. I'm heading towards your position." and with that, she transformed into her vehicle mode and drove as fast as she could.

Starshadow entered the Darksyde and walked to Sonar's quarters, "Here we are. Home sweet home."

She lowered her body and managed to get Sonar off her back, "I'll just be going.." she transformed into her robot mode and flew out of the base, heading to Megatron's position.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

"Best news I've heard all solar cycle, hehehehehe" Tarantulas chuckled, beginning to feel more like his old maniacal self by the cycle as the hour of his glorious resurrection was at hand.

Arachnitron was thrilled to have pleased Tarantulas. She continued grinning as she watched Blackarachnia finish up her end of the machine. When Blackarachnia hopped off the web she had been making, she looked over at Arachnitron and nodded. It was time to connect the power supply.

Carefully, Arachnitron began the task of connecting her make-shift power supply to the electrical pillars that Blackarachnia had built while Blackarachnia attached Tarantulas' limp body to the webbing. Blackarachnia placed some sort of visor over her head.
"Turn it on."

Blackarachnia ordered. Arachnitron nodded, but hesitated. Would Tarantulas approve of her taking orders from the other widow?
He took control of BA's voice and confirmed her earlier orders to Arachnitron "Do it."

Arachnitron nodded at Tarantulas' voice and began moving much more confidently as she realized the order was coming from both spiders. She flipped the switch and watched the power surge through the wires sending sparks of electricity bouncing into the air. She held her breath in anticipation hoping that this contraption would work.
"Death has been dull, GIVE ME LIFE!"

Suddenly, she heard a transmission come in through the comm links. She recognized Megatron's voice.
"Predacons! As promised, our time of victory is now at hand. All available units are to assemble at my coordinates."

Arachnitron's face fell. What if this didn't work? What would they do and how would they respond to Megatron's call? She had to wait and see what would happen, but as far as she was concerned, Megatron's orders meant nothing to her. They were secondary only to Tarantulas' demands. It was Tarantulas, after all, who had installed the inhibitor chip. It was Tarantulas she had to please in order to keep the inhibitor chip functional. Megatron did not control her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inferno crawled out of the CR tank that he was using to make his repairs. He had been riddled with holes from the Maximals' bullets and his body had been badly charred and burned from his own flamethrower....a fact which still greatly irritated him. Now he shined almost as though he were fresh off the assembly line. He looked down at his gleaming red ant form. He was always baffled as to how that tank worked. He went in broken and came out looking almost as though nothing had happened to him at all. He still felt some twinges of pain though and probably would for a few nano-clicks. It was always like that too. There was some part of him that was permanently damaged that the strange machine kept trying to fix whenever he went in, but it was always unsuccessful. He wasn't sure exactly what it was that couldn't be fixed, but he felt it every time he went in that tank.

Suddenly, he heard the Queen's voice ringing out from his communication device.
"Predacons! As promised, our time of victory is now at hand. All available units are to assemble at my coordinates."

"Inferno, terrorize!"

Inferno transformed back into his robot form so that he could lock onto his leader's coordinates. Inferno chuckled with deranged happiness. They were headed back to the Maximal base! He started his propellers and jumped into the air. As he left the Darksyde, he radioed the Queen.

"Royalty. I have finished repairs and am on my way to your location!" he saluted the Queen in flight, although he knew that the Queen couldn't see him. He couldn't explain his incessant need to salute his leader...none of the other troops ever did.

A few minutes later, Inferno found himself standing with the other Predacons awaiting his next order.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

((Sorry guys, I needed a break from RPing for a bit I think! Needed some time to recharge and get my head back into the game. Should be good to go now!))

Airazor lazily flew back to the base with the rest of her team. She hadn't said a word to anyone. Instead, she simply thought to herself and replayed the events over in her mind. She had been stupid. Very stupid. If it hadn't been for Aerostriker, she would be dead or a prisoner right now. Foolishly, she flew in to "help" who she thought was a new maximal protoform. Turns out the predicons already turned him into one of theirs and Airazor flew straight into the middle of a predicon training battle. Granted, there was no way she would have known this but she should have, at the very least, waited for orders until she moved in to battle.

After what felt like an eternity, the maximal team arrived at the Axalon. Wintersong still was in poor condition and Airazor still felt as if a boulder had just crushed her body. Even after spending all this time in beast mode, she still needed significant repairs. "Maximize" The femme said quietly, and she descended from the sky and entered the teams home.
"Hey, Airazor, Go ahead and use my CR Chamber. It's a bit large, but don't let that intimidate you. I designed it to be capable of repairing bots of all sizes. It'll even adjust to someone as small as Frilla."
"Thanks." She said with a nod and began her journey to the Hanger.
Last edited by WorpeX on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(Manterror was scooped up by Umbra, his pieces are going to be passed to Cecaelia for repairs Worpex. Welcome back! )

Aerostriker observed Orcariner entering the Axalon, then started to alter his course to the aft of the ship while his small partner turned and followed suit. As he landed in the hanger, he watched the massive titan rip open the door to the Nomad, cringing at the sound.

Stag looked over the transport, scanning it's unusual design and checking his databanks to see if similar vehicles were registered. He then spoke up Unknown model Transport.. Possibly constructed by the crew of this vessel. Propulsion method seems to be a combination of Energon fuel rockets and gravity lifts, however the design seems to lack aerodynamics or ballistic engineering, compensating with heavy armor plating.

Aerostriker glanced towards the small transmetal beetle raising an optic ridge You mean to tell me this.. thing can fly? I guess my old teacher was right.. strap enough thrust to something and you can make anything fly.

Stag turned his head watching Orcariner exit into the hallway, his mandibles clicked together. He moved forward on his wheels, then hopped up with some assistance from his thrusters to gain some speed following the giant towards the bridge.

Aerostriker watched as his partner headed off, his bird feet folded up with landing gear dropping down, then rolled on his landing gear following after the two. While probably looking a bit odd, he found it easier to move on land by his landing gear in beast mode then he did by walking in his robot mode, as the weight of his missiles attached to his legs made the task rather inefficient,much like someone wearing lead boots. His beast mode, was probably worse off as Swifts and swallows are not designed to walk, but perch on branches or other objects. Not that it bothered him much, he preferred spending his time in the air rather then the ground anyway.

The little bird glanced around the large hall, twitching and rolling his head about taking in the environment. a dark metal hall with only some airflow from some holes in the sides of the ship,possibly from past battles or who knows what. Reminded him of home almost.

Quickstrike looked up over towards Steelclaw Er.. I recon we better mosey on along thar. He then looked back towards the other, feeling somewhat annoyed that this so called commander and the idiot furball could fly. He almost felt like giving them a whoopin' too, but he was starting to loose track of just how many keesters he wanted to kick.

He then started running after the group, still not even sure how to transform into beast mode, or even understand who or what he was yet as Megatron's explainations were a little over his head at the moment.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(( OOC:
As for why Aerostriker would go, Cheetor was basically making a distress call. Would you normally ignore such a call? If so, that doesn't technically follow the Maximal character at all.
Of course not, NK. I simply didn't think it would be wise or safe for a new guy to jump off into the unknown, facing the hell-bent Predacon leader (who's thristy for death) for the first time when he has no idea what exactly is going on and what kind of war he was just thrown into (despite the battle he endured earlier and saving Airazor). I would think a new bot would hesitate to see if the team, who has been there far longer than him, has a way of doing things first. It reminded me too much of Icebreaker; always jumping in and not thinking about the consequences. :wink:
As for why Aerostriker wasn't in base already, the shield just came down and he was circling the area to check for enemy ambushes while waiting. Not to mention, since Aerostriker doesn't know the area that well, he probably doesn't know how to enter the Axalon until Orcariner goes in..
My point to that was that NH had Saber lower the shields five days ago from yesterday. And Stagg already did his scanning and found no hostiles. So during that time between the shields lowered and Cheetor's call, what took so long to land and say hello? Just waiting for Alak perhaps? And I know Alak had Orcariner ask for the shields and Sentinel to be lowered, but techincally they were never activated after everyone left on their missions because it would've saved energy and offered quicker regeneration while they were deactivated (especially when a Predacon attack was not a threat at that point in time since everyone was off racing for the pods instead), but I let that go and played along with it.
In regards to Aerostriker responding to Cheetor's transmission to the base... I hadn't realized that it was a logistical problem for Aerostriker to hear that message instead of just Saber-Fang until you mentioned it. In my mind, it made perfect sense that everyone would heard it on their own com-links, which would make "base" in this case a use of synecdoche--Cheetor is referring to everyone in the base. But now that you've brought it up... yeah, I don't think that's how it works in the show. When somebody calls the base, it just goes to the command center. But it's possible that NaitoKage was making the same kind of assumption that I was rather than trying to have his character override Saber Fang and Rhinox's roles in all of this.
I realized this later as well. :lol: That's how I've always assumed it's supposed to be when someone is calling to the Axalon. It's why I'm specific with whom my characters' transmissions are going to if they're not going to the command center. So when you had Cheetor say:
"Cheetor to Maximal base,"
I assumed he was communicating directly to the Axalon's bridge (which would give Saber a little something to do while she's monitoring communications) and that it was not an open link to everyone in the area.
In that case, OOP, the misunderstanding belongs to me completely.
I was going to mention that on its own, Blazemane, but no offense, I had no idea when you'd be back here to post again or to see that I had a little issue with the way you worded Cheetor's call. I apologize that I should have addressed that first before rambling on to NK.

And, NK, I didn't mean to jump down your throat or anything, I just wanted to try and understand the reasoning for having your character go all out when he has no idea what he's going to face because he's so new. The motive and instinct to want to help a fellow comrade in danger is honorable and courageous and definitely a quality all of the Maximals share, but Aero should slow down and wait for orders before he gets himself killed. XD No one on the Maximal team is a one-man army. There needs to be communication and a plan for everything, especially now when it appears they're about to meet their fates. How many times did Cheetor have to learn this same lesson in the show...? :wink: Thank you for revising Aero's actions, NK. I'm sorry if I sounded short or frustrated in my previous post; just dealing with stress IRL. Very sorry.

Warwulf, thank you for posting our joint post and with our respective dialogue colors! Yayness. Interesting way you played out the end with Silverbolt, too. I'll add more for Rattrap later this evening so he can react to Silverbolt's dropping him. ))
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

((
Manterror was scooped up by Umbra, his pieces are going to be passed to Cecaelia for repairs Worpex. Welcome back!
uhhhh oops. :lol: Totally didn't read any posts, I just started writing. haha Sorry! I deleted the Manterror part.))
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rattrap, the overly dramatic Maximal he was, gulped as the scenary below him and his pilot significantly changed from smooth terrain to very rugged, cliffs-everywhere trenches of rock. And at the same time, the mutant wolf flew them higher into the air. "Uh..." was all that the rat could muster as his stomach sank to his hind feet.
"The name is Silverbolt,"
Silverbolt? The name made Rattrap curl the side of his lip up for a moment. Doesn't even sound Predacon! Come on! How dense was this dog?!
"Tell me something there, friend. Do you trust your fellow Maximal..."
The Fuzor's pause made the robotic rodent look up at thw wolf's face with a fearful expression. What was he going to do...?
"...with your life?"
Was that a trick question? In all seriousness, though, in a time like this? Yes, he did. Cheetor was young but he was far from lazy, and he was everything that the definition of the word "brave" defined. But where was he? Rattrap couldn't see him as his green eyes frantically searched the air. But before he could even answer, assuming the Fuzor's question wasn't rhetorical, the Maximal Commander was released. Suddenly the feeling of weightlessness consumed him. He HATED that feeling! This can't be happenin'! With so much experience falling off of previous fliers, especially Optimus, the only thing Rattrap knew what to do to buy himself and Cheetor some time was to sprawl out all of his legs to create some drag in an attempt to slow down the inevitable crash and die... or be seriously wounded. He was sure he understood Silverbolt's maneuver, trying to trick Megatron into thinking that he had actually killed a Maximal, but once Megs was going to find out that he lied... Well, the birddog might be following in Glowstick's demise... He just didn't get it. Well, nobody can say I didn't try the monkey's way! He's on his own now.

"Cheetor!" Rattrap called to him over his comm. link. "If you ain't too busy, could ya get yer new, shiny butt over to de canyon before I'm smashed ta bits?! No hurry, you know... 'cept I'm gonna die!" Despite him freaking out inside, he still had room for a sarcastic tone in his voice. Gravity was eagerly pulling him back down, his tail flailing wildly upward in the wind, his little toes spread out as far as they could, mouth agape in suspense bearing his new sharp teeth, and even his metal ears were wiggling a little bit on his head.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

((OOC: Nice idea for Silverbolt and Rattrap, Warwulf and OOP!
I was going to mention that on its own, Blazemane, but no offense, I had no idea when you'd be back here to post again or to see that I had a little issue with the way you worded Cheetor's call.
None taken. I feel live I've been posting slower and slower and slower for a long time now. And I know that a posting pace like mine can throw everything out of wack.
I apologize that I should have addressed that first before rambling on to NK.
You don't have anything to apologize for! But if it makes it any easier on you in the future, I should explain myself--I do generally read/skim the Role Play every single day, and anyways, my "skimming" is usually more likely to be of the OOC information than the story. My writing speed is some... psychological block. Writing a post always sounds like this long, involved task in my mind. So when I know I'm busy, I tell myself there just isn't time... today(/tonight/the next today/the next morning). But I still have no real problem with popping in and reading through stuff; that just doesn't sound long and involved.

At any rate, if you ever want me to take note of something outside of the story, I am likely to notice pretty quickly..
Oh, and Blazemane -- if you're not too busy -- you might be needed.
Somehow, exam week means that I have more time than normal...))

Even after Cheetor had gone too far, Steelclaw had stayed staring through his scope just in case Rattrap might show up and still be in range himself. He only realized where Rattrap was when Silverbolt finally lifted him off of the ground--he was potentially in range, but there was no way Steelclaw was going to take the shot with a friendly literally holding on to the target. Silverbolt had only been around for a day...
Quickstrike wrote:Er.. I recon we better mosey on along thar.
Steelclaw turned away from the barrel absentmindedly. "Hmm?" When he finally focused himself so that Quickstrike's words registered, he got to his knees and started collapsing the rifle. "Yeah, you're right." He stood on his feet just long enough to say "Beast mode!" and then transformed into the black bear and started trotting off in Megatron's direction, coming alongside of Quickstrike.

"Say; that demolition charge looked pretty mean. You still good for the rest of the mission?"

Cheetor strained his ears just in case someone in the base answered him. Not that... technically... he should have a problem with hearing something if someone answered, but since no one had answered, he was kinda getting tense. He looked over his shoulder for Rattrap's dust trail, just to make sure Megatron hadn't taken him.

Hmm. Where was he?

"Cheetor to Maximal base," he repeated, bringing his forearm up again; "do you read me? Rattrap and I are bringing some party guests, so if Sentinel could lay out a welcome mat, uh..." He torqued his head back again. Maybe he'd been looking in the wrong spot earlier.

So why didn't he see him now? Fighting against his own instincts--which told him the Preds were still racing after him--he turned his whole body and let his momentum keep him gliding backwards against the thrust of his rockets. He had a few more nano-clicks to look for Rattrap from a better view then. But Rattrap wasn't on the ground. Something was really bad here. What if Megatron had gotten him?

Cheetor suddenly overbalanced and flipped forwards, head-under-heels and found himself irritated by it and when he corrected himself, his mech fluid was pounding in his ears, and he flew straight back the way the he had come, towards the Predacons. He had to find Rattrap!

Then he was looking in the skies, left and right and center, until he saw a flash of something and his head zipped in that direction. He squinted hard and zoomed in on that area, and then he thought for sure he saw Rattrap being carried by the wolf-eagle they had been wondering about. "Hang on Rattrap!" he shouted, even though his friend was way out of ear shot. The next instant, his jets were burning at maximum capacity. He wasn't sure which he wanted to do more--get Rattrap back to safety or knock the Predacon straight into the ground.

Then he saw Rattrap drop.

Cheetor's focus went to the holographics in his Heads Up Display and he looked for any way he could divert energy to his rockets and make them go any bit faster, all the while muttering, "Come on!" But he couldn't figure anything out--especially then, that worried.
Rattrap wrote:Cheetor! If you ain't too busy, could ya get yer new, shiny butt over to de canyon before I'm smashed ta bits?! No hurry, you know... 'cept I'm gonna die!
"I'm coming!" he shouted into his comlink. He saw Silverbolt flying away from the canyon and then passed a ways below him a few nano-clicks later. When he got to the high, outer-edge of the gorge, he dipped downwards, chasing Rattrap from above. When he saw the ground rushing towards him, he realized he wouldn't have a second chance to try grab a hold of Rattrap.

Two nano-clicks later, he was close enough, and reached for Rattrap. He felt a huge sense of relief when actually caught him, and then he held on for dear life. Trying to slow their descent, he turned his thrusters on a diagonal--forwards and slightly up--and held as long as he could. It was enough to slow them, at least.

"Ah, slag," Cheetor muttered. "OOUF!" He turned and hit the ground with his shoulder, kicked up with his hind legs, decelerated a little more with his rockets, got taken down until he collided with the ground again, and then started rolling in a shower of pebbles. When he finally skidded to a halt on his back, he let go of Rattrap and wearily got himself onto all four paws. Then he tentatively turned the thrusters on again on low burn. They worked.

"We're still online!" he told Rattrap. "Are you o.k.? We've gotta bail."

((OOC: Rattrap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unl8l8VdONw ))
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]