"Aftermath: Part I - New Introductions"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Warwulf
RPG Characters: Silverbolt, Trantrum

Unread post by Warwulf »

((OOC: Sorry for the delay. No one directly referenced Silverbolt or Tantrum, so I had a bit of a writer's block on how to proceed. Plus, I've been busy at work and picking up a new teaching gig.

Also, I'm lazy. :-P))

Silverbolt came in high and behind Cheetor from his 5 o'clock position. Transforming into robot mode, he took aim and fired his wing-tip missiles.

Tantrum, hearing the commotion of battle in the distance and some chatter over the comms, decided to head off in that direction. Perhaps obliterating a few Maximals would help him blow off some steam about the one who got away.

((Sorry, this an unbelieveably craptasticular post. I may ccome back later and edit this, but the substance will remain unchanged.))
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

"Over here, Saber-Fang," He called out. "I'm relieved to see you're back on your feet."
Saber returned his small smile, she was simply relieved that he didn't ask about her failed attempt to understand the Beast within her during her wasted time in the wilds.
"Lets get this to Rhinox as quickly as possible."
The former general nodded once before picking up the other end of the stasis pod. It was heavy but she knew that the two of them would be able to carry it to the command center where Rhinox was waiting.

"What does Rhinox need this stasis pod for exactly?" Saber asked casually.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

(Tantrum was being directly spoken to by Umbra, but.. Tantrum also seems to be less coherent then even Waspinator so I imagine anyone talking to him he wouldn't pay attention unless under specific circumstances.)

Umbra's optics narrowed slightly as he watched Tantrum. While he didn't strive to stand out, being ignored also annoyed him. Initially reaching for his blade, he instead moved his hand towards his hip as the gold panel slide back revealing a dark purple Demolition charge. Pulling the explosive out he set the timer with a tap of his thumb to 30 seconds, then palmed the device to conceal it while closing his leg.

Following behind Tantrum, two of his tentacles raised up grabbing onto the larger bot's back pulling Umbra up swiftly and landing on Tantrum's head. If you're looking for more Maximals.. I know someone who can take you to their base.That'd be better then wandering, no? Umbra spoke while glancing downward.

Quickstrike watched as Rattrap suddenly speed off out of cover, the dust blown up obscuring his vision as he raised his arms covering his face Pheh! What now?! he shouted in response to the sudden surprise.

(And I'll leave that as that until Steelclaw posts.)
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

Blazemane wrote: Dinobot hopped away from the empty containment field and let a few shots from Blackarachnia burn through the space where he had just been standing. He took in the situation in front of him at a glance; he was up against Arachnitron (who seemed very intent on stopping him, if those were indeed her demolition charges) and Blackarachnia (who, with her back to the ground, was clearly more focused on self-preservation than attack--perhaps that had something to do with why she was hesitating to shoot right now). And where was Tarantulas? He thought he had hear him earlier.

Well, better not to give Blackarachnia time to grow more confident and better not to give the group time to think any further. Having just come into this situation, it was still possible that they were still in the generic "stopping him somehow" stage, shooting and hoping he went down.

Which would be good, because he was essentially still in the "get out somehow" stage.

Dinobot's first instinct upon seeing Arachnitron aim her cybervenom gun at him was to try to block the incoming dart with the broad side of one of the Golden Disks. A fraction of a moment later, he realized he didn't want to take any risks with ruining the information on them. So he arched his back and stumbled to the side gracelessly, and the dart whizzed by just in front of him.

The next moment, he pressed his offensive, which turned itself into him putting the two Disks together in one hand, pulling out his rotating shield to prepare for any other darts, and then firing--down at Arachnitron's feet, down at Blackarachnia's, straight into the computer in the wall (he wasn't going to deal with the Darksyde's defenses on top of everything) and into the base which produced the energy field (just to make Megatron mad). The few extra moments added another facet to his "get out" plan, in that he realized it wouldn't be prudent to try to go through the two spiders into the entrance they had all used thus far. His final shot pulverized a large, thin, vented panel which he knew led to ship's engine room. Hoping that he had made the spider's hesitate just enough, and knowing this was his one good chance anyways, he turned his side to them and dashed through the new hole.

The next room was dark, but for the few active power cores glowing blue. But he knew his away around. He put his away his shield and the Disks so that he could maneuver through the thin walkways between pipes and oddly positioned walls. And he noted gratefully that it would be much easier to defend himself in here.

"He's taking the disks! STOP HIM!" Tarantulas hissed at Blackarachnia and Arachnitron alike as Dinobot tried to slip away, the implications of what he could do with those disks far more foreboding than even the planet buster had been.

Una wrote: Blackarachnia had watched as Arachnitron's dart whizzed past the not-so-graceful dodge Dinobot did. Grr... this overgrown dinosaur doesn't want to go down, doesn't he? Blackarachnia used her machine gun legs to try and trip the Maximal up. Gah! She felt the heat on her feet, distracting her as Dinobot made a hole in the wall beside him. Part of her wanted to go after him for the simple interruption, but she realized that it wasn't her problem now.

"Leave him. We didn't see anything. They were gone when we got here."

They better be on their way before Megatron and the others come back. She did not want to punished for this little incident.

And she didn't care if Tarantulas disagreed.

"FOOL! Those disks are more valuable than...Sigh...Nevermind, for now. I see the equipment we need, gather it up and bring it to the bridge, the sooner I'm back in my own body the better" Tarantulas proclaimed, deciding that it wouldn't do at all for these peons to know the true power of the Golden Disks, especially the ever treacherous Blackarachnia.

Dinobot could not be allowed to keep the disks, but for now he had no choice but to let him go and track him down later himself, without the curious, greedy eyes of the other predacons. He needed a body of his own again, so he would be free to continue his covert mission against maximal and Megatron alike.

Warwulf wrote: Silverbolt came in high and behind Cheetor from his 5 o'clock position. Transforming into robot mode, he took aim and fired his wing-tip missiles.

Tantrum, hearing the commotion of battle in the distance and some chatter over the comms, decided to head off in that direction. Perhaps obliterating a few Maximals would help him blow off some steam about the one who got away.

"I repeat, all units report, that means you Waspinator, Manterror, and Nemesis, unless you wish me to leave you for scrap" Terrorsaur fumed into his comlink.

His engines having cooled off from the heat ray, returned to the sky in robot mode and flew over to Tantrum's position, the lumbering giant having finally ceased wasting ammo. It was there he saw Umbra of all people with him, rather than any of the predacons he'd brought along on this mission...incompetents.

"Well hello there Umbra, when did you arrive? I trust you only just got here and didn't stand idly by while your comrades were engaged in battle with the enemy, hm?" Terrorsaur questioned sarcastically, landing on Tantrum's shoulder, sensing it was safe if Umbra was risking sitting atop his head of all places.

OOC: Hope this post is okay with everyone, I get the feeling that the site was glitching because I didn't receive any notification of posts this week, so I assumed everyone else was being quiet and busy rather than me being out of the loop >_<
Last edited by DarkSpark on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

((OOC: I sign on everyday, but I don't post as much just to give others a chance to catch up. I suppose I'll go ahead and help move the game along.))

BIC:

Aerostriker wrote: Fairing alright, I probably took less damage then she did.
S.T.A.G. wrote: Ocular sensors down 30 percent,minor fuselage damage.Fueltanks at 65%, estimated range 350 km at current heading. Combat rating satisfactory.
Aerostriker wrote:Or what he said.
Orcariner raised a brow at the sound of a second voice. It was probably that other active CPU that his headset had registered. It reminded him of the A.I. unit that existed inside of his own headset, except it was able to speak out loud. Orcariner's unit was simply an informative program that aided him in maximizing his body's potential. Given how the new Maximal addressed his CPU, it was possible that this A.I. was actually sentient.
Aerostriker wrote: Don't worry about it, I've had some run ins with space pirates in the past that were far worse.. Name's Aerostriker-
Orcariner was about to address the newcomer by name with a proper salutation until Aerostriker's chest opened to reveal a strange looking device. It ejected itself and hovered side-by-side with the three flyers. The giant observed its bug-like structure and gave a puzzled look.
S.T.A.G. wrote:Broadcast of Beacon 2.0 confirmed, are you the Commander?
The orca was amazed. Not only was Aerostriker's A.I. separate from his own processing unit, but it had its very own body. There was also the fact that this unit was capable of making inquiries of its own without the assistance of its host.
Aerostriker wrote:Stop that! And.. that is my co-pilot Stag. He was muttering something about a radio signal earlier, sounded like something commanders or intelligence officers used back in the air force.
S.T.A.G. wrote: "Strategic Tactical Artificial-intelligent Gun" is the full name of this unit.
Aerostriker wrote: And that name is too long! No one with any sense would call you that! Er.. Anyway, we saw your.. attempted flight earlier. If you need any help using that helicopter mode, I could give you some lessons or tips. I used to do some test piloting so I know how to fly just about anything.
So much was going on within the banter between Aerostriker and his companion. Orcariner could not help but stare as the new flyer quipped with his bug. This sort of technology was unfounded in the Beast Wars, although it did appear to be somewhat familiar. The title "Strategic Tactical Artificial-intelligent Gun" ran itself through Orcariner's personal databanks as he tried to pull a memory from his past.

"Um..." he said, "I don't know if I can be called a commander. Technically, I've never received the promotion prior to our ship's captain being KIA. I was appointed as the lead for several missions in the past and I suppose I just... assumed command upon arrival. As for flying..."

The Maximal sentry looked down at the ground as everything below seemed to be moving quickly due to the group's flight speed. He had an embarrassed expression that was partly masked by his face plate.

"Today was my first time trying to activate my vehicle mode. Well, to be honest, today was also the first day that I've acquired this body from the transwarp explosion from orbit. I've always been a swimmer until now. Flying in this form right now is pretty easy because it's kind of like swimming in the air. Propellers are a whole different story. I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer for lessons, because I'm going to need them for future missions if I hope to be remotely useful in the air."

He paused as it dawned on him the true nature of the Stag.

"Wait, you're a Targetmaster unit aren't you!" Orcariner exclaimed excitedly, looking at the bug-like device, "We learned about you guys back in the Maximal Academy! I thought you guys were no longer in service after the Great Upgrade?"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

((OOC: After I get something to eat and get some coffee, I will post for Whitegrazer. :D ))

She still had her head bowed, optics closed in prayer for Aurora. Something far away caused her optics to open up, looking at the CR chmaber where Ironclaw was recovering. At first, she thought maybe something was wrong, causing her to step to the side. Yet those feelings weren't what she thought. Something was brewing inside there. It tinkled against her metal frame like needles sticking her. She stood back when she felt something bite her soul with a vengeance. What was going on within her comrade?
"What happened?"
Seeing Rhinox, she totally didn't see him there when she entered. Understandable that Rhinox was too busy with his little project there and her rushing to save Aurora as quickly as possible. Despite her concern and the eariler feelings, she gave a small smile. "While Tigatron and I were carrying the blank pod back here, Aurora somehow snuck away. It wasn't until I felt her pain and lingering sense of fear and overwhelming rivers of other emotions that I realized she was gone. I raced there, following her soul's calls, when I saw her injured body along with that of Nemesis." Whitegrazer remained calm and solemn. "Maybe Aurora saw her and ran towards her to try and fight her herself to protect us. The only reason I believe why she would do that.I can't confirm Nemesis's status. I left her there. Aurora's injuries were very severe. My main focus was on her."

Whitegrazer watched Rhinox as he was working, "I take full responsibility for Aurora's safety and her predicament now."

She looked back at the CR chamber and her conflicting thoughts of Nemesis back there.

I should have made sure she was alive or dead.

"Since Aurora is recovering, if I'm not needed here, I will go myself and make sure of Nemesis."
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

(Ah, so more are around then I thought. Also Mysteria, you should probably figure out Ironclaw's vehicle mode for your transmetal profile. :P )

Orcariner wrote:"Um..." he said, "I don't know if I can be called a commander. Technically, I've never received the promotion prior to our ship's captain being KIA. I was appointed as the lead for several missions in the past and I suppose I just... assumed command upon arrival. As for flying..."

Stag tilted his head as he processed the information The effects of war have left the chain of command unstable, understood.
Orcariner wrote:"Today was my first time trying to activate my vehicle mode. Well, to be honest, today was also the first day that I've acquired this body from the transwarp explosion from orbit. I've always been a swimmer until now. Flying in this form right now is pretty easy because it's kind of like swimming in the air. Propellers are a whole different story. I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer for lessons, because I'm going to need them for future missions if I hope to be remotely useful in the air."

Aerostriker raised his optic ridge Transwarp explosion from orbit? You guys sure have been busy.. though that does explain the inside-out look.. Don't worry, when we get to your base I'll go over the basics, you'll be ready for anything.. Well, almost anything. Heck, a guy your size,you should be able to transport a few of the smaller units or cargo around over water or rough terrain.

Orcariner wrote:"Wait, you're a Targetmaster unit aren't you!" Orcariner exclaimed excitedly, looking at the bug-like device, "We learned about you guys back in the Maximal Academy! I thought you guys were no longer in service after the Great Upgrade?"
Stag glanced towards Orcariner as he mentioned Targetmaster, Aerostriker then spoke up Yeah.. There's been some issues with how to implement them back into the militarily, specially since we've had the peace treaty with the Preds.

Also was kind of hard to do when the great upgrade made most the population the size of second generation Targetmasters. There was two competing technologies for the third generation, the other one won out..

There were some.. issues in the AI testing group.. These guys were all equipped with very high powered weapons, they carry one shot on their own and use the user's own energy supply to recharge.. So on a smaller user like myself, that already burns through a limited fuel and ammo supply, that can be rough.. Then there was the complaints on the combat program.. Since they would compensate user's aim or even take control of their bodies if the AI deemed it necessary to complete the mission..Almost everybody just ended up fighting with them.

Stag there was left with me to collect more data as he was more successful out of the group.. Or maybe I was the one more successful? I dunno.. The little guy comes in handy in a firefight though, I just focus on the flying and leave most the weapons operation to him if we're together.

Umbra's optic twitched slightly hearing Terrorsaur speak, his hand then tapped the buttons on his Democharge he'd been concealing to deactivate it. You know.. you're one to talk just floating in the air while your allies got trashed. He then slapped Terrorsaur hard on the back with one of his tentacles knocking Terrorsaur off Tantrum's shoulder a few meters to the ground before Tantrum's feet.

Umbra then moved to Tantrum's shoulder Now with him out of the way.. lets go destroy some Maximals.. shall we?

(edited)
Last edited by NaitoKage on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

When Cheetor saw that he'd actually made Megatron mad on some level, he smiled and laughed just a little (a foolish reaction, probably, but he made it in the heat of the moment). When Megatron fired up his VTOL propellers and started to fly after him, though--well, then he felt a lot less happy with himself.

Of course, one thing at time. He knew the one new-guy was really close behind him, and his first thought was that maybe this meant he'd actually have a second to talk to the wolf and figure out if the guy even knew what he was doing. So Cheetor turned around to face him. And he was glad he did, because that's when he saw the twin missiles coming for him.

With an extra burst of speed from his thrusters, Cheetor flew on a sharp diagonal, slightly towards the flier, but mostly just up, up and up, over the missiles and over Silverbolt's head. And so long as he was headed in that direction again...

"Rattrap, I hate to say it," he said, "but the dog is 100% out to get me. I'd try to close the distance and bring the fight to some awkward kind of stalemate and say something and figure him out and all that stuff, because I'm still not sure what his story is, but, uh... the flying dinosaur's getting close, too--"at this, Cheetor looked back over his shoulder; Megatron was coming straight towards him, which made Cheetor wisely bring his jets to their maximum burn in that very moment--"and he's not gonna let anything like that happen. Maybe it's time we bailed."

While Steelclaw waited for an opening, Quickstrike got back on his feet, and the sniper was glad to see it. Especially since Quickstrike was still shooting and putting pressure on Rattrap to go backwards.

He raised an eye-ridge when a cloud of dust started to unfurl over Rattrap's chosen boulder. This was going to be it, then... Wait... Wait...

There he was! Impressively (frustratingly) far away from the place Steelclaw had seen him last, and moving quick. And while he may not have been deliberately moving between any rocks where he was, Rattrap's distance from Steelclaw and his proximity to the ground caused many of the different outcroppings between the two of them to become natural obstacles.

Steelclaw quickly adjusted to wait for Rattrap to appear on the other side of one of the many blind spots he had passed through in his retreat. Then he saw him, and he fired.

Right when Silverbolt's missiles, missing Cheetor and flying along their determined path, detonated in some rock pillars, sent a small shockwave and moved Steelclaw's barrel just by a hair. He thought maybe he saw a spark glance off of the side of Rattrap's hubcap, but it might have been a stone chip flying into the air from the nearby terrain. What mattered was that Rattrap kept moving along and was lost to sight in the next moment.

"Come on," Steelclaw muttered. "Give me one more shot."
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: If Tantrum is heading in Megatron's direction, me thinks Rattrap and Cheetor will be high-tailing it out of there very soon. :shock: They should anyway and return to base and regroup with the rest of the Maximals, while Megatron should round up his Preds and begin their decent on the Axalon as Whitegrazer goes starchasing. Just a direction and timing to think about for everyone. ))
"Rattrap, I hate to say it," "but the dog is 100% out to get me. I'd try to close the distance and bring the fight to some awkward kind of stalemate and say something and figure him out and all that stuff, because I'm still not sure what his story is, but, uh... the flying dinosaur's getting close, too--" "and he's not gonna let anything like that happen. Maybe it's time we bailed."
"Dis was probably a lost cause since the beginning," Rattrap replied to Cheetor over their transmission even though he still had doubts about the wolf/eagle Fuzor. Did the rodent really want to agree and give up or was he just being a coward? No, it was the right thing to do. The cat was right. They were way outnumbered and overpowered. "No sense gettin' ourselves kil-" Silence. His link was abruptly severed.

A sharp pain was felt on his upper back which caused the dragster-like rodent to swerve uncontrollably and flip on his side, rolling sideways several times from the speed he was traveling at and the power of Steelclaw's shot. Little rocks and dust kicked up all over the place from his tumbling until he finally came to a stop by some boulders. Rattrap's vehicle mode automatically deactivated and he laid there motionless on his TransMetal beast mode stomach, a couple of sparks bouncing out of his fresh, deep wound and one of his rear wheels still spinning with a wobble on his back before it finally locked into place.

"Oy..." he groaned, wiggling his shiny toes and gently lifting his linked tail as he slowly came to. "Lucky shot... Just ain't my day," he muttered, covered in scratches and dirt now.

-----
"While Tigatron and I were carrying the blank pod back here, Aurora somehow snuck away. It wasn't until I felt her pain and lingering sense of fear and overwhelming rivers of other emotions that I realized she was gone. I raced there, following her soul's calls, when I saw her injured body along with that of Nemesis."
Listening to Whitegrazer's explanation while he worked, Rhinox tried visualizing and piecing together Aurora's actions or what made her do what she did. What exactly had transpired? How did she injure Nemesis so badly on her own? This intrigued the rhinoceros. He was fully aware of the opportunist Aurora was, who had learned a lot of tricks thanks to Rattrap and Whitegrazer, but he still wanted to hear the whole scenario. He may have to wait until Aurora was done with her repairs.

Fumbling a little with his damaged fingers and hands, the partially blackened Maximal grumbled at himself and the pain he briefly felt when he pinched his fingers with the cover he hinged together to the machine. The majority of the smoke and smell of gun fire had since wafted out of the command center through the still-opened roof hatch above their heads but the place was still an utter mess.
"Maybe Aurora saw her and ran towards her to try and fight her herself to protect us. The only reason I believe why she would do that.I can't confirm Nemesis's status. I left her there. Aurora's injuries were very severe. My main focus was on her."
Rhinox's red optics shifted to Whitegrazer for a moment, studying that tiny bit of doubt he heard in her voice and saw in her optic sensors. "I'm certain Nemesis will make her own recovery," he told the mare. She certainly had the capability of doing so with her fascinating nanotech. "Had you hung around any longer, you could have risked injury to yourself or an ambush. Besides, I'm not so sure she would have shown you the same compassion or appreciated it from you." He wondered then what Nemesis might have revealed to Aurora. They were lucky things hadn't gone worse... Aurora was so brave.
"Since Aurora is recovering, if I'm not needed here, I will go myself and make sure of Nemesis."
"You're needed here," said the robust, green and brown Maximal as a matter of fact. He turned for a moment to type in some commands on the console he had his secret machine rigged up to, and suddenly there was power to it as a low hum could be heard. "I need you here," Rhinox corrected himself. Turning around to face the tall, white female, he approached her and lowered his voice so no one else in close proximity could hear.

"I don't suppose your connection with Optimus still exists after death," he said softly, almost as a question rather than a statement. "If not, this device should help you. I need you to find his spark, Whitegrazer, and bring it back. You'll use your core-conscience in this machine which should take you into the farthest depths of the Matrix while there is still a window of opportunity opened. The machine will be attached to the blank protoform you and Tigatron retrieved. If my calculations are correct, and you're successful... and with a lot of luck, we just might be able to bring Optimus back from his untimely demise. However, it's going to be extremely risky," he emphasized. "If you're gone too long, you will be lost as well. I won't be able to bring you back. But I think the connection you two share will make it easier and quicker for both of you to find each other. Do you understand what I'm trying to do? Are you comfortable performing this mission? It will require steady hands and unwavering concentration; both of which make you more than qualified."

-----
"What does Rhinox need this stasis pod for exactly?"
"He hasn't said," Tigatron answered Saber-Fang honestly as they carried the pod out of the hangar and into a corridor. "He hasn't exactly had the time to explain or take questions, but I imagine he has an idea of some sort or wants to help someone some how." Who, he did not know, or even how. Rhinox always knew what he was doing, though, and as curious as the white tiger was, he didn't want to interfer or distract the Axalon's engineer from his work with questions that he did not understand. "How have you been, Saber-Fang?" Tigatron asked in a casual manner seeing as he hadn't seen her a long while.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Megatron kept his attention focused on the flying Maximal feline as he started closing the gap between the two. What advantage Cheetor might have had in speed was rapidly decreasing to the cat's boosting instincts and while he was busy showing off to his other attacker, Megatron took the opportunity to maneuver in behind the cat to cut off that route of escape. Yet the Predacon leader was hardly foolish enough to move any closer than he already was until the fate of the two missiles became clear. So instead he opened a secure channel to Umbra, wanting an update from the seemingly most trustworthy individual on Terrorsaur's team.

"Status report?," he asked, not bothering with any chitchat for the occasion, "Is the package ready for delivery at my current location yet?"

It truly was time to end this. As much fun as it was to slowly dismember these few puny Maximals, Megatron had a much greater scheme involving all of the Maximals in mind. Picking them off one at the time would simply be too time consuming. He had the advantage now, the Maximals were scattered and in shambles after losing their beloved leader, so the better approach would be to gather his troops and simply mow these puny Maximals down before sending a full assault team against the Maximal base. Then he would turn his focus on settling those disputes that had arisen within his own organization.

(ooc: Spiders, you better finish up whatever you're doing soon. Megs will be gathering all the preds.)

Aurora did not stir as Whitegrazer placed her in the CR chamber, her mind too far gone to even take notice of the chamber doors closing around her. Being of such a small stature, the chamber was actually quite large for someone like her, giving her ample space in there should she regain consciousness during the repair cycle. After what had happened to Icebreaker, however, the way she had looked into his partially repaired face only to see those blank optics staring back, it would probably be better for Aurora if she did not wake up until the repairs were complete.

Although her body remained limp and her optics dimmed to near black, her core processor still processed all the information she had obtained lately. The memories were foggy, yet the information provided by the Predacon female was retained in her subconsciousness, causing her mind to replay the scene over and over as it attempted to piece those final missing bits together.

Still crouched down on the sand, Nemesis picked up Terrorsaur's order to report.
Terrorsaur wrote:"I repeat, all units report, that means you Waspinator, Manterror, and Nemesis, unless you wish me to leave you for scrap"
The avian female could not help letting out a slight chortle, finding a certain irony in the red male's words given her current predicament. Opening a channel, she responded.

"Very well. The new unit is already under Predacon control, so what would you have us do now?"

She held back the stinging pain she felt as she attempted to move again, not feeling like explaining the situation to Terrorsaur. Hopefully he would tell them all to reconvene at the base so she could get repaired.
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

"He hasn't said," Tigatron answered. "He hasn't exactly had the time to explain or take questions. But I imagine he has an idea of some sort or wants to help someone somehow."
Saber nodded agreeing with him, Rhinox seemed to be anxious for the statis pod. What ever he planned to do with it, if they would just have to wait and see.
"How have you been, Saber-Fang?"
Saber's ears went back a little bit at his question, having not expecting it.

"I've had better days." She said just as casually, which was the truth.

Like everyone else she had good days and bad days, only difference... When she had bad days everyone was in danger.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

OOC: Don't worry about it, Darkspark. It's not a big deal...I just don't usually have an opportunity to post on the weekends so once Friday hits, if I don't get a chance to get on here before work, then I can't get on here again until the weekend is over.

BIC:

Arachnitron was quite disappointed that her cybervenom dart whizzed past Dinobot's head. She let out a low hiss in frustration.
"He's taking the golden disks! After him!"

Arachnitron prepared her cybervenom launcher to comply with the order, but before she could make use of it, Dinobot fired his own weapon at the feet of the two black widows. Arachnitron hopped away from the shots just as Dinobot blew a hole in the wall of the storage room. Blackarachnia and Arachnitron tried to slow him down with their respective weapons, but to no avail. He disappeared through the hole in the wall taking the two golden disks with him.
"Leave him. We didn't see anything. They were gone when we got here."
Arachnitron was surprised to hear Blackarachnia say such a thing. She personally didn't care one way or the other if Dinobot got a hold of the golden disks. She didn't really know what they were and she felt no particular loyalty to Megatron and the other Predacons. But she knew that Tarantulas would be furious if the disks were to leave in enemy hands. She braced herself for the fury of Tarantulas.
"FOOL! Those disks are more valuable than...Sigh...Nevermind, for now. I see the equipment we need, gather it up and bring it to the bridge, the sooner I'm back in my own body the better."
Arachnitron held back a sigh of relief. She holstered her weapon and gathered up some of the equipment Taranulas had asked for, leaving the rest for Blackarachnia to grab.

"Alright. Let's get this over with," she thought to herself as she carried the equipment to the bridge.

----------------------------------------------------

After an exhausting hike through the wilderness, Inferno finally found himself in front of the entrance to the Darksyde. He sighed in relief.

"The Royalty will be wondering where I have been all this time," Inferno mumbled to himself out loud.

He entered the Predacon base quietly and transformed from his beast form into his robot form to more properly greet his Queen. He was dumbstruck when he noticed no one in sight. He was almost relieved that they were all gone. It meant that no one was going to notice him limping and stumbling off to the CR chambers (after all, he did have an image to protect). Though his beast form had already started repairs on his internal systems, his exostructure was still badly damaged. In order to be of any use to the Royalty, he would need to be repaired.

Humbly, the red ant crawled inside the CR tank.

(OOC: Figured I ought to put him in the CR chamber until Megatron and the Preds were ready to fight the Maximals.)

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

"I'm certain Nemesis will make her own recovery," "Had you hung around any longer, you could have risked injury to yourself or an ambush. Besides, I'm not so sure she would have shown you the same compassion or appreciated it from you."
Whitegrazer agreed, knowing if anything Nemesis wouldn't appreciate anything from her. "I don't want her to cause anymore pain to this team than she already has."
"You're needed here," "I need you here,"
"Hm?" She wondered what Rhinox meant, but when he started talking she realized this dealt with the project he seemed so focused on. "Now that you mentioned it, I lost my connection with him when I felt him... his spark drift away" Her spark ached, remembering the pain. "While I was heading towards the blank pod, the connection was restored." She smiled in acknowledgment that some other force had interfered. She knew it was her master. Though, she still wondered why he did it.

Listening closely to what Rhinox had in mind, she held a smirk on her face. You sly old rhino. "So that's why you need the pod. With my connection restored, I will be able to find him easier than finding a needle in the haystack, but I will still have to follow a sea of sparks along the way. Maybe if he knows I am there, he might come looking for me as well." Hopefully, he wasn't too far in the Matrix. What if Optimus didn't want to come back? Would he want to? He seemed to be calmer now or at least not as irritated as he was. She would understand if he didn't, but deep inside, she knew he would come back. People like him... her... they always came back.

She stared at the device Rhinox built and his serious expression. There was still a danger. They were heading towards a place only achieved by dying. She closed her optics and smiled, "I understand the risks. Let's do it."

A huge, ghostly pulse made her look at Ironclaw's CR chamber. "How is Ironclaw doing?" She stared at Aurora's CR chamber with a concerned yet hopeful gaze.
____________________________________________________________________________________
"FOOL! Those disks are more valuable than...Sigh...Nevermind, for now. I see the equipment we need, gather it up and bring it to the bridge, the sooner I'm back in my own body the better."
"This is my body and mind! I will not sacifice it for your own disturbing curiousity! Besides, do you want Megatron to tear us apart for allowing a Maximal to steal those disks?!"

She growled at him as she grabbed his body. Despite the little detour, they reached their destination. Using the power of the bridge, they could get the process done quickly as possible. Something she demanded. Examining the equipment, she grabbed some of it and analyzed what possible contraception this could be. She just shrugged and began building. What she created was two adjacent electrifed pillars. They weren't powered up yet as there wasn't any power source. She will leave that for Arachnitron to do.

"I will make a web to place Leg's body on." She transformed into her beast form and began to thread the sticky blue substance. Making a web was very delicate work even for a spider. It took time and concentration. She hoped Legs wouldn't disturb her as she knitted the first outer layer.

Though, she usually didn't make webs often as she loved to catch her prey with her own hands or sneak upon them and drenched them in small threads of webbing to trap them to the ground. When she did, she only used it as a way to weave her own ideas of how to survive the coming days or wonder when she would be able to get off of this rock. She knew that she was a reprogrammed Maximal. Not a true breed of Predacon, but she learned quickly from her spider instincts for survival to help her adjust to this war she was forced to fight. Despite knowing she had another life back on Cybertron, this really was the only life she ever known. Waking up from that pod created by that... she better quiet her thoughts. She can't have Tarantulas try to use this against. If he even could.
Last edited by una on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

OOC: Thanks Naitokage, I don't see why Umbra wants to make a target of himself by attacking Terrorsaur at all (not very subtle of a covert agent lol), but if he wants to play rough, so be it :P

Naitokage wrote: Umbra's optic twitched slightly hearing Terrorsaur speak, his hand then tapped the buttons on his Democharge he'd been concealing to deactivate it. You know.. you're one to talk just floating in the air while your allies got trashed. He then slapped Terrorsaur hard on the back with one of his tentacles knocking Terrorsaur off Tantrum's shoulder a few meters to the ground before Tantrum's feet.

Umbra then moved to Tantrum's shoulder Now with him out of the way.. lets go destroy some Maximals.. shall we?

Terrorsaur couldn't believe the nerve of the obnoxious octopus as he slapped him off his perch, the soft spoken twerp had more nerve than he thought, not even pretending to not be after his prize, one he himself had fought for after those fools got themselves slagged or chased after other targets.

"Add one more name to my list of bots with a death wish" Terrorsaur cursed, activating his jets before he hit the ground and taking off into the air, leaving a shockwave of force and fire behind him that he hoped would singe or knock Umbra off his high horse as he ascended into the clouds, planning to slag him but first wanting to respond to the only one of his underlings to report back to him thus far, one who could tip the scales in his favor...Nemesis!
The avian female could not help letting out a slight chortle, finding a certain irony in the red male's words given her current predicament. Opening a channel, she responded.

"Very well. The new unit is already under Predacon control, so what would you have us do now?"

She held back the stinging pain she felt as she attempted to move again, not feeling like explaining the situation to Terrorsaur. Hopefully he would tell them all to reconvene at the base so she could get repaired.

"Follow my energy signature & meet me as soon as you can, that slag sucking cephalopod Umbra has stolen our prize & I don't feel like letting him take the credit for all the hard work we put into this mission. The tentacled toady must have been following us the whole time, waiting for us to win the unit for him so he could present it to Megatron himself. I trust you don't want to let that stand either, right?" Terrorsaur snarled, relishing the thought of blowing him to bits, or hacking him to pieces with his swords, watching his rival from the safety of the air while he awaited Nemesis' response.

Una wrote: "This is my body and mind! I will not sacifice it for your own disturbing curiousity! Besides, do you want Megatron to tear us apart for allowing a Maximal to steal those disks?!"

She growled at him as she grabbed his body. Despite the little detour, they reached their destination. Using the power of the bridge, they could get the process done quickly as possible. Something she demanded. Examining the equipment, she grabbed some of it and analyzed what possible contraception this could be. She just shrugged and began building. What she created was two adjacent electrifed pillars. They weren't powered up yet as there wasn't any power source. She will leave that for Arachnitron to do.

"I will make a web to place Leg's body on." She transformed into her beast form and began to thread the sticky blue substance. Making a web was very delicate work even for a spider. It took time and concentration. She hoped Legs wouldn't disturb her as she knitted the first outer layer.

Though, she usually didn't make webs often as she loved to catch her prey with her own hands or sneak upon them and drenched them in small threads of webbing to trap them to the ground. When she did, she only used it as a way to weave her own ideas of how to survive the coming days or wonder when she would be able to get off of this rock. She knew that she was a reprogrammed Maximal. Not a true breed of Predacon, but she learned quickly from her spider instincts for survival to help her adjust to this war she was forced to fight. Despite knowing she had another life back on Cybertron, this really was the only life she ever known. Waking up from that pod created by that... she better quiet her thoughts. She can't have Tarantulas try to use this against. If he even could.

In no mood for Blackarachnia's lip, Tarantulas sent a sheering jolt of pain through her neural processor as he replied "It is MY body and MY mind until you've completed the task of returning me to life, so be silent and do as you're told until stated otherwise!"

He returned to his thoughts then, watching patiently as the widows set up his equipment and prepared his body for the revival process, the anticipation of returning to the land of the living improving his mood somewhat.

"Once the web has been completed we will tap into the ship's power for the energy we'll need to reactivate my body, and of course Blackarachnia will need to tap her mind into the machine so that I can transfer my consciousness into my own shell once again. With any luck, the process shall rekindle my spark, if not...Well, let us try to think positively for now, hm? Heh heh" Tarantulas instructed, allowing himself an amused chuckle, likely a product of his growing excitement...Or insanity.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC:
Manterror is still in pieces... somewhere...
Really? It has been so long since I last you post for him that I really thought he died somewhere along the way, or you just gave up on playing him (which would suck because I love him).
and I figure Airazor went straight to the C.R. Chamber once arriving at the maximal base. Not sure what to do really. My characters blow up a lot.
Well, stop playing so fairly! :lol: Aurora and Ironclaw are currently occupying the CR chambers near the bridge. She could probably use the one in the Nomad in the Axalon's hangar, though, if you want. In any case, a Predacon attack on the Maximal base is inevitable and will happen very soon. Any and all functioning Maximals will need to be present to help fight off the Preds before Optimus comes back to rub Megatron's failure in his face. :lol: ))

IC:
"Hm?" "Now that you mentioned it, I lost my connection with him when I felt him... his spark drift away" "While I was heading towards the blank pod, the connection was restored."
Restored? This intrigued Rhinox, looking at Whitegrazer with some astonishment, because it almost solidifed his hope of bringing their leader back. Also because he had never experienced such a link between sparks like she and Optimus had developed over time. Very interesting. Hang in there, Optimus, he thought.
"So that's why you need the pod.
He smiled briefly at the mare.
With my connection restored, I will be able to find him easier than finding a needle in the haystack, but I will still have to follow a sea of sparks along the way. Maybe if he knows I am there, he might come looking for me as well."
"I have no doubt that he would, Whitegrazer," Rhinox commented encouragingly while he put his finishing touches on his machine and waited for the stasis pod. "I have known Optimus for a long time and he has never been closer to anyone the way he is with you." Mostly due to being consumed by his research, the academy, and work while on Cybertron. "He'll find you. He isn't one to give up so easily as I'm sure you know, and I imagine not even after death," he chuckled lightly.
"I understand the risks. Let's do it."
Watching her closely for a moment, he nodded and lifted up the lid that was hinged to his miracle machine in preparation. Rhinox knew she understood the risks. She would be all right. "All I have to do is hook up the pod. And, Whitegrazer," he said a little more firmly, "This is just between us. In case it doesn't work, I don't want to get everyone worked up again. The Predacons can't know otherwise they'll do everything in their power to stop you."
"How is Ironclaw doing?"
"So far, so good. Do you feel something from him?" he inquired. After all, Whitegrazer could likely detect things about all of them. Her gift, or curse, never ceased to enlighten the science engineer.

It was then he heard footsteps down the corridor, so Rhinox walked to the entrance of the bridge and saw the felines approaching with the pod he needed. Excellent timing. "Thank you, Saber-Fang and Tigatron," he expressed his gratitude as he hurried to their aid and helped them place the large pod in the room next to the command center, where wires and thick cables attached to his machine in the bridge led to. Helping them set it down carefully, he immediately got to work on hooking everything up and then began punching in commands, running diagnostics, and operation programming through the pod's external keypad and miniature monitor. Tarantulas wasn't the only one capable of integrating and manipulating these stasis pods that rightfully belonged to the Maximals. Now they'll see just how remarkable the Maximals can be. ...If it works. This pod is in great condition considering, thought the rhinoceros. We're lucky it landed so close to our base and unscathed. Looks like things might finally go our way.
"I've had better days."
Studying the former General for a moment, her voice and eyes, Tigatron presumed that she was still having trouble coping with her inner beast. He returned an expression of hope to consolidate her. Seeing Rhinox just down the hall past Saber, he continued with the pace he had with his companion and their treasured pod.

"You're welcome, Rhinox," Tigatron smiled lightly as he and Saber-Fang assisted him. Noticing the engineer's injuries, they clearly weren't holding him back from anything so they must have been minor. He could only assume he acqired them from Inferno. Once the pod was on the floor in the room the miracle worker desired, he stepped back and out of the room into the corridor and glanced at Whitegrazer in the bridge, taking in all the damage and burnt consoles and chairs. Well, at least no one else had been seriously injured. "How is Aurora?" Tigatron calmly asked Whitegrazer with worry.

-----

Alone, or at least it seemed like he was, Optimus crossed his partially translucent legs again and decided to meditate once more. With nothing else to do but dwell on the visions TyCross had infected him with which he could do nothing about right now, Optimus thought he might try to establish contact with Whitegrazer on his own. If he could communicate with her and stop this throbbing of emptiness and seclusion in his spark, even if only for a moment like last time, he could feel more at ease and continue working on it to strengthen it back to what they had before his death. And hopefully it could help heal the pain she was feeling as well.

Remembering the gift Aurora had given him for his journey, seeing all of his Maximals' faces, he started concentrating, breathing, focusing. His mind saw only one face, heard only one voice, and when the time finally felt right in his spark, he reached out and whispered, "Whitegrazer." Uncertain if it worked, Optimus waited patiently, quietly. If it didn't, then perhaps she needed to take the bigger leap to rebuild their connection, assuming she even wanted to. He couldn't imagine the anguish she must have gone through when they were severed from each other. All he could do was wait.

(( OOC: una, you can either wait until Whitegrazer's in Rhinox's machine to respond to Optimus, or just have her grab a fracture (or faint) of a feeling from him or something. Could work better if they both had to work on re-establashing their connection, especially since OP is so far away... in... terms of being dead. :lol: Up to you. ))
"Well, that's just prime!"