Second Season Scheming

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Second Season Scheming

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Here's a topic for everyone to discuss season two episodes and ideas. The first episode will include the Maximals mourning their leader's loss and the Preds celebrating and all the TransMetal fun and the Predacon prisoners escaping the Axalon. We can venture away from the script quite a bit now if people want to. But one of the main things to happen in the first two or three episodes will be for the Maximals to find a blank protoform in an undamaged stasis pod that has fallen so Rhinox can rig it up and bring Optimus back; I think there's kind of a time restraint on that before they lose his spark. I'd say Silverbolt and Quickstrike can jump in any time. And if you guys still want the Preds to almost finish the Maximals off until Optimus comes back and kicks their butts, then that's cool with me. Are there any specific episodes from the show that anyone really wants to play? I'm pretty sure una has some plans of her own for "Other Visits" which would work fine if we want to keep the Vok involved. We also need to introduce Rampage somewhere along the way so he can wreak havoc on everyone; one of Primal's darker secrets. But let's get some discussion on this season and see what we can come up with for our RPG. :D
"Well, that's just prime!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Well, I flooded your PMs with what I planned on doing. :lol:

Now, I'm still trying to work out some kinks, but after I figure that out, I will put it on here. :mrgreen: I just want to make sure I got everything covered so everyone can show their opinions on it. :lol:
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Lets see..

Warwulf wants Tantrum to pop in with Quickstrike and Silverbolt for convenience sake. Scaleblade is confirmed so we will have her do a pod drop, based on her background she wont need to be reprogrammed so she just needs to be picked up. Aerostriker hasn't had any complaints about having a Targetmaster, so I guess that profile is approved.

So, I guess we could have Tigatron and Airazor doing their scouting of the planet with a few other groups, to pick up the blank pod and possibly Scaleblade?

Phoenix mentioned to me it'd probably make more sense to have Whitegrazer go starfishing/meditate to look for Optimus Primal rather then Rhinox, but Rhinox did have to use a machine to hook up to the stasis pod. So I don't know there..
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Phoenix mentioned to me it'd probably make more sense to have Whitegrazer go starfishing/meditate to look for Optimus Primal rather then Rhinox, but Rhinox did have to use a machine to hook up to the stasis pod. So I don't know there..
So have Rhinox do the mechanical aspect of it, and Whitegrazer can do the spiritual part?
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That'd probably work.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, I flooded your PMs with what I planned on doing.
Yes, una, you did. XD But I figured I'd leave that up to you when it came to explaining it publicly with everyone else. And it doesn't have to be right away. Right now we just need to focus more on the first episode or two so we have a guide line to follow if we're to stray away from the show's script.
Warwulf wants Tantrum to pop in with Quickstrike and Silverbolt for convenience sake. Scaleblade is confirmed so we will have her do a pod drop,
All in the same episode? Could get hectic. XD Let's not forget that all stasis pods will already be on the planet by the beginning of Season Two, whether they crash landed or landed safely.
So, I guess we could have Tigatron and Airazor doing their scouting of the planet with a few other groups, to pick up the blank pod and possibly Scaleblade?
Sounds good to me. Meanwhile, the Preds can start working on conquering the Maximals, if that's what everyone still wants to happen. With Optimus gone, I don't think Megatron would pass up the opportunity to finish the rest of them off.
She suggested it to me as well and I was going to talk to una about it but I guess it's open now for discussion. What say you, una? I'm all for it. I think it makes more sense. Rhinox can just show her how to operate the machine since he'll be the one building it and connecting it to the blank protoform. Easy peasy, so long as Alak has the motivation to continue playing Rhinox. :mrgreen: I hope so because he was doing a great job with him before and now he won't have to worry about playing Scorponok and Terrosaur.
So have Rhinox do the mechanical aspect of it, and Whitegrazer can do the spiritual part?
Works for me. Just wait and see what una and Alak have to say.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Could be hectic yes.. but when aren't things? :P If it's too hectic we could split things up in another thread. And yes, I remember, all pods will have landed at that point since the shockwave essentially knocked them out of the sky.. like knocking snow off my roof. Though..I wonder if some of the pods were just blown off into space.. Probably not.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I actually never thought of that and if it is okay with Alak, Whitegrazer will help with the spiritual part. :D
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I don't mind having Rhinox splitting the work with Whitegrazer. In fact, since I'm a lot busier this year, I actually wouldn't be too heartbroken if someone else wanted to play Rhinox for Season 2 lol.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

I think there's kind of a time restraint on that before they lose his spark.
I don't think so. Starscreams was floating around in space for centuries.

As far as the pod dropping goes, all of the Maximal stasis pods fall at the same time during "aftermath". I'd say we shouldn't make a point of trying to find every single new arrival as it doesn't make much sense. I think Airazor/Tigatrons/whoevers official mission could be to locate any new arrivals which could free the rest of the maximal's up for getting their butt kicked by Megatron and company. Then Airazor/Tigatron can come back to save the day with their newly found army (and optimus too)!!
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

I definitely think we should keep that epic conflict in which the preds almost win (I always get goosebumps when I watch that scene with the Preds all lined up in the sun), and of course when Primal rises from the dead to put the hurt on the baddies.

I'm torn about whether to audition for Terrorsaur or a new character...Would it be too hectic for a new pred to pop up around the same time as Quickstrike? I could always put off Terrorsaur's death until I see a proper opening for an OC intro.

I guess the question is, after the first main three episodes that introduce the transmetals and fuzors, do we go straight to the Tarantulas, BA, & Quickstrike episode with the cave or have an adventure or two in between?
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Season 2 is super short, so i think we should add things in.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

The closer to the script we stick, the less popular (and thus slower progressing) the episodes tend to be. I would rather deviate from the show as much as possible, preferably combine events in episodes that are required (such as Quickstrike and Silverbolt are recovered while the maxis also work on getting Primal back). As for next episode's character introductions.. Warwulf has been waiting impatiently for over a year so he wants to introduce his Tantrum character around the same time Silverbolt and Quickstrike shows up. If you wanted to take over Terrorsaur, that would be awesome, since the poor guy was neglected much of the first season.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I actually wouldn't be too heartbroken if someone else wanted to play Rhinox for Season 2 lol.
I don't think we have anyone else, but if you intend on being as absent in season two as you have been a lot lately, then perhaps someone could take him off your hands. I rather miss both Rhinox and Orcariner...
I don't think so. Starscreams was floating around in space for centuries.
That was a whole different scenario, was it not? It just seemed like in the show that Rhinox was under a lot of pressure to retrieve Primal's spark as quickly as possible. At any rate, I don't want to wait until halfway through the season until Optimus comes back. :P
I'd say we shouldn't make a point of trying to find every single new arrival as it doesn't make much sense.
That wasn't what I was implying since they'll be falling all over the planet and it would take a very long time to find and retrieve them all. XD Just need someone to find a blank one for Optimus, but one who isn't to spill the beans about it because if Megs finds out what the Maximals are up to, he'll do everything in his power to stop them. And then there goes Primal's surprise entrance. :lol:
I'm torn about whether to audition for Terrorsaur or a new character...Would it be too hectic for a new pred to pop up around the same time as Quickstrike? I could always put off Terrorsaur's death until I see a proper opening for an OC intro.
Sounds fine with me, DarkSpark. I grow weary keeping limitations on how many canons people can play now since so many are being neglected, especially on the Predacon side.
I guess the question is, after the first main three episodes that introduce the transmetals and fuzors, do we go straight to the Tarantulas, BA, & Quickstrike episode with the cave or have an adventure or two in between?
Season 2 is super short, so i think we should add things in.
We'll definitely have some "original episodes" between show episodes that people may want to play.
The closer to the script we stick, the less popular (and thus slower progressing) the episodes tend to be.
Yes, Phoenix, you have brought this up countless times now. :wink: But I still think the game goes in spurts no matter what kind of episodes we do, and more recently has slown down because of so many players vanishing all at once right in time for the finale. Sigh. I try to make things different and include the OC's for different missions and scatter them about, but then people don't post for a couple weeks and we're forced to move on without them. My efforts are pretty much wasted. :roll: At any rate, I have already stated above about significantly drifting away from the show's script in season two, but just play out specific episodes from the show that introduce new canons or still involve the Vok. ...And there aren't many of either of those. So most of of this season will be OC episodes. I just hope everyone has enough of their own ideas to create original episodes. :P
I would rather deviate from the show as much as possible, preferably combine events in episodes that are required (such as Quickstrike and Silverbolt are recovered while the maxis also work on getting Primal back).
I kind of suggested that above when I said 'Bolt and Quickstrike could come in at any time in season two. I don't care. I know Warwulf has been waiting for a very long time.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

WorpeX wrote:I don't think so. Starscreams was floating around in space for centuries.

Technically, there was a time restraint. The difference being Starscream's spark was considered "immortal" or a mutant spark, while this wasn't the case in G1 they did depict him as a ghost, able to take over other bodies after his death at the hands of Galvatron. This immortality aspect was then the motivation to make Rampage into the nearly unstoppable beast that he was.
DarkSpark wrote:I'm torn about whether to audition for Terrorsaur or a new character...Would it be too hectic for a new pred to pop up around the same time as Quickstrike? I could always put off Terrorsaur's death until I see a proper opening for an OC intro.

Either is fine, remember that two predacon OCs are also going to be introduced during that time. If more show up, it isn't really a problem. Keeping Terrorsaur alive isn't really a problem either, you could even go for having him as a transmetal.
Phoenix wrote:The closer to the script we stick, the less popular (and thus slower progressing) the episodes tend to be.

I'd say the slowness isn't from popularity, but rather from the size of the group. When you have 10+ people trying to have character development together, it will take a longer amount of time for interactions, combat, or anything else. There isn't a problem with that, but that is generally the case for this and any other roleplaying game.