Specialized item slot for S2

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Specialized item slot for S2

Unread post by Phoenix »

Guys, I have a suggestion.. As I'm sure most of you have noticed, season 2 is upon us and with it certain changes are in the works. Transmetals are being introduced and they get an increased stat point max of 50 whereas regular characters and fuzors are upped to 48. Fuzors do have the advantage of being able to combine the abilities of two different animals so they already have an advantage up on those who decide to remain 'regular' characters (aka not upgrade for S2).

Now.. Here's the part that irks me a bit about that. To compensate for the loss of 2 skill points, those regular characters have been permitted to carry more weapons than a transmetal. I think we should expand upon that and give them an extra specialized item slot.

Okay so by specialized item I'm referring to a unique item, whether it be a weapon or something else, that the character possesses. One example is my Aurora character's computer gauntlet which enables her to hack into electronics. Other examples could be weapons with a special power such as a light saber type sword able to melt/burn its target, or an energy barrier to protect oneself or others. My suggestion is to limit the amount of special items like this a character can wield/carry to one, unless said character is to remain a 'regular' which will allow the character an extra slot. Not every character wants to drag a horde of weapons into a fight so a mere extra weapon slot seems like a rather meager compensation for the loss of 2 skill points and lack of fuzor components.

By putting a limit on how many special items a character can have, we can also cut back on characters going crazy with the special tech stuff. So.. no dual electrosabers + funky weapon of mass destruction + impenetrable energy barriers + floating shield of lightspeed + dagger of flames +... You get my point, I'm sure. There's a limit on the amount of weapons right now, but not on how many of those weapons have built in powers of their own. And as far as I know there's no limit on other items at all. To even the odds out a little bit, I'd thus like to see regular non-TM characters be allowed to have an extra special item whereas TMs are limited to one.

Thoughts?
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Sounds good to me.