I'm genuinely concerned..

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

I'm genuinely concerned..

Unread post by Phoenix »

As you all know we're electing a new president today. I can honestly say I'm not overly thrilled with either candidate. But one thing that really has me worried is the rapid increase of the national debt after Obama became president. Take what happened to Greece as an example of the future I fear for all of us in the US.

The US debt owed as of November 2012 is 16.2 trillion USD.
The Greek debt owed as of February 2012 was 454 billion USD.
That makes the Greek debt 2.8% of the American one.

Greece went broke after splurging too much money on healthcare benefits, early retirement packages etc.
After Obama became president of the United States, the national debt has increased by 5 trillion dollars to the sum we owe today. If he gets re-elected, I truly fear we will become the next Greece..
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Math is not my strongest skill, but isn't Greece's size and population maaaaybe 30% of the US? *trying to wiki and probably failing* Can their economies really be compared?

Canada's health care isn't perfect, but I'd rather pay the taxes than be turned away at the hospital door after an emergency. I cannot understand why so many Americans are so terrified of it?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Oh it's far less than 30%. I did the math per capita to be fair.

I'm just kinda bummed about the results of the election. Obama is going to wreck havoc with our healthcare system and both the hubby and I are in that field so we are getting hit hard by his obamacare changes.
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

What changes are you facing at work? I work in a pharmacy so I'm genuinely curious to see how much our professions differ in the face of this healthcare reform.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

***DOUBLE POST***
Last edited by Alak on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

In order to fund his obamacare, Obama and his merry men have come up with a lot of new taxes to do so. For one they have announced they will be adding a tax to our already absurdly expensive drugs and also to medical equipment. In turn this will increase the cost of these items which makes buyers less inclined to buy them. Here's a summarized list of healthcare changes:

http://www.whatisobamadoing.com/what-do ... really-do/

In addition he is taxing people's health insurances to fund his own obamacare, as if the work benefit of partly or fully covered health insurance was in fact an income. This hits my family hard since my hubby is currently the only one working while I've been caring for our little ones. All of a sudden we get taxed as if we made 14K more which even puts us in a higher tax bracket.

I'll have to go into more details later. Sleepy.