Hurricane Sandy

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hurricane Sandy

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I know quite a few of our board members live in the area that Hurricane Sandy went through. So I just want to make sure everyone is okay?! My prayers go out for everyone.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Thank you, DS! *hug* I hope everyone else has survived through Frankenstorm.

I lost electric on Monday night at 9:39pm, just got it back today (Friday) at 11:50am. It has been a very long, cold, dark and boring week. No cell service, no heat, no phone, food spoiling, nothing hot to eat or drink. Just a crap load of Halloween candy and Oreos to snack on all day and all night. :lol: Soooo happy to finally have my power back! Not too much flooding, some minor wind damage on houses (siding torn off, shutters, rainspouting) and some bushes and trees uprooted (some of them laying against the houses), and smaller debris everywhere. It was pretty crazy Monday night. I can't wait to get a hot shower and be clean and smell pretty again! :lol: I haven't left the house since Monday morning for work, so I have no idea what it looks like elsewhere. Atlantic City looked devastated the last time I saw Monday on the news. Incredible. Never saw that before in my life. Lots of destruction on the coast.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I also hope that everyone got through the storm in one piece!

Here they kept warning us the storm was coming so we stacked up on water, instant noodles, and canned food (we have a grill we can heat stuff on if the power was to go out). But what we got could hardly be described as a storm. It was a strong breeze with several days of constant rain but that was about it. The power didn't even flicker.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Always better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, Phoenix. That's better for your little cherubs. ^^
"Well, that's just prime!"
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Yeah, similar situation to Phoenix here. Except not even a strong breeze, really. We had a "Wind Advisory" for almost 2 days solid (which meant gusts exceeding 39 mph), but I never once heard the wind blowing outside, nor anything more than the very tops of the trees moving a little. But yeah, lotta rain. Good thing I live on the side of a hill.

OOP-- Yeah, I can sympathize. When the derecho came through here in early July, we were without power for 10 days, but the opposite temps-- near 100 during the day. The inside of the house was 94 when the power finally kicked back on for good. Ugh, it sucks so much.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Dannn Sanew

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

I didn't lose power but alot of people in New York did. There alot going on here from mass transits problems to gas shortages to looting. I walked to work on wednesday over the bridge to manhattan, but now I can take two trains and a shuttle bus over there. They warned everyone to be perpare ahead of time so I stocked up on canned food. Can't wait for things to go back to normal.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I'm just glad everything getting back to normal for you guys. I know how it feels like to be stick inside a hurricane and losing power.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I feel really bad for you guys on the East Coast. Here in AZ, the worst that's happened was that it reached 55 degrees at 3 a.m. in the morning when I went out. Everyone keeps hearing all these horror stories about what's going on in the disaster areas and we quickly realize how lucky we are to have a "boring" climate. Hope you all make it out alright.