Change allegiance?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Don't really recall too much, maybe wasn't around at that point since.. first episode in season 1 was almost a year long if I remember right, I came in around the end of that. Welp, in that case the Preds are down more characters. Though to be honest, atleast Venatrix makes more sense joining the Maximals.. sorta. Alot of the preds are so insane that the Maximals would flatout refuse them.

Waspinator didn't die in the original anyway.. and.. this post was made back in October! *squirts them both with spraybottle*
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Silverbolt and Quickstrike are both missing from that list as well. Right now it seems pretty random for Venatrix to switch to the Maximals, although i'm sure we will get some backstory and development to reinforce that decision before it actually happens.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

I planned to switch sides with both my characters from before i started posting.
The Boss-Monkey can vouch for me on that note :P
I've also mentioned the episode i tend to have Venatrix switch multiple times.

Valkyrie will be transformed into my ultimate *coughs loudly* Predacon.

Be afraid.... Be very afraid.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

WorpeX wrote:Silverbolt and Quickstrike are both missing from that list as well. Right now it seems pretty random for Venatrix to switch to the Maximals, although i'm sure we will get some backstory and development to reinforce that decision before it actually happens.
Venatrix wrote:I planned to switch sides with both my characters from before i started posting.

No one's denying that this was your plan all along. All Worpex meant was that at this point in the story, it sort of came out of nowhere. I mean, up until this point Ventrix was participating in Predacon-type antics and appeared to enjoy doing so....and then all of a sudden she decides she doesn't like these same Predacon antics that she has been participating in throughout the entire story. And all that was written was (and I paraphrase) "Usually she would approve of Megatron's actions, but this time she didn't...etc." and there was nothing really leading up to or explaining why she suddenly doesn't approve. Onyx, for example, has been different from other Predacons from the moment he was introduced...so his changing sides was expected...he was questioning the Predacons motives throughout his time on this planet and interacting much differently with the Maximals than other Predacons and he wasn't even planned to change sides. So from a character who was planned to change sides from the beginning, it would have been expected for readers/other players to see a similar, gradual change. Right now, it seems very random and unlikely....so we are all anxiously awaiting to see some further development and back story to explain what caused her to change her mind so suddenly. So far we haven't really gotten to see inside of her mind to explain her unexpected reaction to Megatron's actions.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Venatrix

I must admit, when you put it like that, you are correct.
Just note that this was the first time she disapproved Megatron's actions.
Everything has a beginning.
She help her opinion to herself, so nothing happened yet as far as Mewgatron and the others know.
It is a work in progress.

So her actual betrayal will start much later on.
Her disagreements will be shadowed by the spiders their plotting no doubt. :P
Last edited by Venatrix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Venatrix wrote:I planned to switch sides with both my characters from before i started posting.

But Valkarie is dead...
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

But Valkarie is dead...
So is Optimus. Or will be.

Doesn't mean they all stay dead. Valkyrie's special power, if you will, is that she has a mutant spark of some sort. It was the player's plan all along to have Valkyrie return as a Predacon.
Venatrix

Phoenix wrote:
But Valkarie is dead...
So is Optimus. Or will be.

Doesn't mean they all stay dead. Valkyrie's special power, if you will, is that she has a mutant spark of some sort. It was the player's plan all along to have Valkyrie return as a Predacon.
And thanks to you, Phoenix, my original plan has been thrown into a blender, with some other stuff added to it.
The blender is still running. :P

Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Phoenix wrote: So is Optimus. Or will be.

Well, true, but the only reason he comes back is because Hasbro told the writers to bring him back. He was supposed to stay dead. But when your boss says "Look guys, we've got this new line of Optimus toys so you can't actually kill Optimus" you kind of have no choice but to write him back in the story.
Will be interesting to see how and why the mutant spark changes the character into a Predacon.
I must admit, when you put it like that, you are correct.
Just note that this was the first time she disapproved Megatron's actions.
Everything has a beginning.

Absolutely....which is why WorpeX said:
i'm sure we will get some back story and development to reinforce that decision before it actually happens.

He wasn't doubting your intentions more like anxiously awaiting more to the story. But at this point it seems kind of sudden, so I am interested to see how it will develop further.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

*plays with my Primal toys* *shifty eyes at everyone watching me* What?! He had to come back! Hasbro said so. :mrgreen:

Oh, and yes, I can vouch for Ven's crazy idea. Was discussed eons ago. :wink:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I remember her bringing it up during the beginning of the RPG, and even some of Ven's posts sort of hinted at the potential switch (at least that's how I saw it). That's probably why the late joiners are caught off guard since they weren't around to see all this. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how her story plays out. I think I know the "how" and "why" aspects to it, it's just the "when" that I'm waiting for :D
Wildfire94
RPG Characters: Onyx, Quickfix, Cheetor, Tarantulas, Quickstrike

Unread post by Wildfire94 »

*peeks at the threads*Hmmm...can anyone say this is an early holiday/christmas miracle everyone seems to be returning? :lol:

But no seriously, think it's a good timing for the season 2 with it beginning to start and all. I'm certainly glad things settle down a little here during the holidays for me luckily so this time I should certainly be on. Though I'm surprised this thread suddenly picked up recently when inquiring about switching side. Yes, I'll admit it probably seems inevitable Onyx might, and most likely could, join the Maximals. But as I said at the beginning of this it would purely depend on side counts and why I asked before I actually had Onyx made that attempt before. (Which as others may recall Steelclaw stopped him before.)

At the moment I may have him stick to being a predacon and putting up with the usual antics and psychotic nature of the Preds we know and love. :D Besides, I may also want to focus on developing Silverstreak more before I consider my first character taking the plunge of becoming a traitor to something he's known his whole function. So that said, I say give it a while longer to see what direction Onyx takes throughout the coming season and how my change of character to using Silverstreak instead of my intended raptor Vela will turn out.
Venatrix

If you recalled that from posts that long ago, Alak, you should also know the when. ;)
I hope i can make it epic. :P

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Venatrix wrote:If you recalled that from posts that long ago, Alak, you should also know the when. ;)
I hope i can make it epic. :P
I trust that you will. Personally, I'm excited for that moment!