Change allegiance?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Wildfire94
RPG Characters: Onyx, Quickfix, Cheetor, Tarantulas, Quickstrike

Change allegiance?

Unread post by Wildfire94 »

Alright since this has begun to get put into question for Onyx I want to know what you guys think. Initially Onyx was meant to be a predacon but he goes by his own code as many characters do, it's not exactly a 'code of honor' thing but very close to it.

Now here's my question:
Should Onyx continue to question his loyalty to Megs and turn sides before getting too far into Season 2? Or should he just stick to his personal code and bare any rebuking he gets from the Preds?

Some feedback would really help with this decision. :D
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

While I don't believe there should be any specific time schedule, it probably would be best to have him switch sides. Onyx doesn't seem like a Predacon so far and I haven't seen any clear motivation for him to fight for Megatron. I think his actions would flow better under Primal's leadership.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

While I don't believe there should be any specific time schedule,
I agree with Alak on that. It should happen when the time is "right," which is when you decide, Wildfire, IF you decide to have him switch sides. Although, having him with the Predacons has proven to help the Maximals a little bit with less fighting, like when he hesitated to attack them at the mushroom and backed down from Airazor. I think those actions, however, will not allow him to last long under Megatron. So I find his situation somewhat similar to Dinobot's. And if he does join the Maximals, I think he would have a smooth transition since many of them have noticed his noble ways and peaceful attitude and would probably welcome him easier than some others were. I would hope that he would realize his insignificance to Megatron and how he'll just be used as a pawn, whereas Optimus would treat him more of an equal and even risk his life to save his as he would for any of his Maximals. Big difference in leadership. What is Onyx more drawn toward? Being physically punished and abused for speaking out and disobeying Megatron's orders but stay anyway just because he's a loyal Predacon? Or be treated better with the Maximals who work as a family, striving for peace, where he'll matter and be accepted, and discuss problems rather than resorting to violence, and follow under a leader who's trying to understand the differences between both allegiances, and stop Megatron's conquest which will inevitably take down everyone including Onyx?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Wildfire94

*rubs chin*Well then guess this is a pretty easy decision, Onyx becoming a Maximal wouldn't be strange at all. Guess I made him a lot less of a Predacon then I expected, but of course that happens. Although with this off set the numbers for the Preds and Maxies? If so then I will keep him on the Predacons until it's safe to do so.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I can't remember where we are with the numbers on each side; haven't counted them in a long while, but I do plan to bring in my OC Pred in the beginning of Season 2 as soon as I get her profile done, so hopefully that'll help balance things.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Wildfire94

Well alright then, long as it won't be an issue with balancing the numbers I could even have Onyx change sides before dooms-day time in this episode if possible.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

I plan on bringing a Predacon male on the field for season 2.
Playing just one character doestn't work well with my patience being low and all.

The idea i have will end up with him dying when Phoenix enter the scene in season 3.

Think i'll call it "Project Snaptrap" for now :P
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Are we still sticking with the one OC per faction limitations?
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Yes Alak since there's no notification of the changing of the oc ratio.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Are we still sticking with the one OC per faction limitations?
If we are, then:

Starshadow is listed as a Predacon and Cecealia is listed as a Predacon too....so Starshadow has two Predacon OCs.

Frilla and Feralnight are both Maximals so New Moon has two Maximal OCs.

And didn't we just have Silverstreak join in? Isn't that Wildfire's character as well? So Silverstreak is a Maximal and Onyx will be soon too....so Wildfire will have two Maximal OCs.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I think some of those OCs will not carry on into season 2. But yes, the 'one on each side' rule has not been folllowed a number of times. Canon wise OOP has thus far only played Maximals, and even players who signed up for characters on eiither side sometimes neglects one side for the other.

As long as she player base on either side remains somewhat equal, I personally see no reason why this rule should be reinforced.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

For season 1 ocs, i have 2 pred ocs because there was one time team pred was outnumbered and I mean overall team outnumbered so I made a pred to balance everything out. In New Moon's case is because Frilla changed sides. Soo....I won't know about that.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Hmm....
Season 2 count:
Predacon:Megatron,Inferno,Blackarachnia,Waspinator,Quickstrike,Tarantulus,Steelclaw,StarShadow,Umbra,Cecaelia,Nemesis,Venatrix,Warspark,Tantrum, Arachnitron,Buster,Scaleblade 17

Maximals:Optimus Primal,Rhinox,Cheetor,Rattrap,Dinobot,Wintersong,Ironclaw,Aurora,Orcariner,Aerostriker,Frilla,Feralnight,Silverstreak,Whitegrazer,Oynx,Aphrodite,Tigatron,Airazor 18

I dunno. We don't need exact matches on how many characters. If you want to double up on preds Venatrix, ask OOP. That's more or less what has happened with the rest of the people who have done it. Plus she was planning to bring a pred in at some point. (I'm assuming a cat of some sort. :P )
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Ehm... you do realize that Venatrix is gonna switch sides in S2, right?
I can remember something about mentioning that ever since we started :P
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Don't forget Terrorsaur and Waspinator are sticking around for S2. Not sure if Arachnitron will be a pred though.