"First Season Finale: Part III"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: Yay! I mean... Booooo! Megatron is a stupid jerk. :lol: Phoenix, are you and I still going to add more to this? I thought we were going to break away from the script a little so you could be a little more evil with Megatron's words and draw it out a little longer. If so, I do plan on writing a little more for Optimus than he had in the show. I wasn't expecting you to blow through the whole scene all in one shot, is all. XD

Also, I do plan on cutting this season off with a cliffhanger as they did on the show. Reactions for Primal's death should be reserved when I open season two when the Maximals find out that he is officially dead.

I will try to post tomorrow (hopefully Blazemane and Alak can catch up before then?) because today I celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. Yay, turkey! Finally!

:lol: at una's dream! Too much. We could probably turn that into part of an episode. :wink: ))
"Well, that's just prime!"
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: Oh, guys, I just edited Megatron's post a little bit.. added some more gloating in there. ;) So please take a looksie before responding. Also I can break the scene up. I actually asked Warwulf to type part of it up for me since I was busy doing laundry and he kept nagging me to come to bed. And I guess he decided to do the whole thing which wasn't what I initially planned. I removed the end of it for later use.

If anything, I think Megatron sounds even more like a jerk in the edited version lol...

As for Una's dream.. Yikes! Wish I had dreams like that.. But I rarely remember my dreams anymore. In many cases I may not even get to the REM stage of sleep due to being woken up so often.)
Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

"Aw man. Leave it to de monkey to take it to da wire."
"He's almost inside the alien structure, why doesn't he ditch?!" Airazor felt the anxiety beginning to rise inside her and everyone else. Optimus wasn't leaving the pod as planned, but why? Had Blackaracnia tampered with the pod? If so, Airazor would likely do far more to her then just knocking her cold. If anything happened to their leader, the Maximals were in deep trouble.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Rhinox bobbed his head as the commotion outside of the CR chamber roused him from his deep slumber. Something inside his spark felt wrong. He was unaware of the events outside of his containment, but an odd feeling led him to open his optics ever so slightly.

"Optimus..."

Groaning at the strain of his injuries, the Maximal officer succumbed once more to his wounds as he lost consciousness.

((OOC: No need to wait for an Orcariner post. He's lurking.))
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

OOC: Shall I wait until Rattrap makes his last words of concern for Primal after Airazor's before making Tarantulas' last big gloat?
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

(( OOC: I'll save you the trouble of that decision, DarkSpark.

No worries, Phoenix! Thank you!

Where the heck are the rest of the Preds? Are they not enjoying the show? Oh, that's right, half of them are locked up. :roll: ))
"He's almost inside the alien structure, why doesn't he ditch?!"
Looking from Airazor back to the image Cheetor had provided for them, Rattrap was equally concerned about the situation as she was. What was the gorilla doing up there? Taking a banana break?! "Aw, come on, Fearless Leader, get it in gear!" he said outloud. He tried keeping an eye on Aurora who was very fragile at this point from having just lost Icebreaker. If they lost Optimus...
"Megatron?!"
Megatron? What did he have to do with any of this right now? Was Whitegrazer losing it? Rattrap really was the only one sane left! Looking at the white mare with a peculiar expression toward her sudden outburst, it drastically changed to anger when he heard Blackarachnia start to laugh. Glaring at her in Tigatron's grip, he said, "Ya know, you never did answer my question earlier. What did you do?!" He was about to pull out his weapon and threaten her with it but thought against that action.

-----
"Oh, I assure you, it is not."
"Megatron...?" The Maximal Commander, baffled by what was transpiring before him, stared with surprise at the tyrant's face that was directly in front of his just inches away on the pod's window.
"Ironic, isn't it. Both of us hitting upon the same plan to destroy the alien machine. Ah, fortunately, in my version the pilot goes down -- or should I say, up -- with his ship."
He sealed the pod's hatch?! By the Matrix, Megatron really did intend on killing him. ...And what better opportunity? No, he wasn't going to let him do this! Optimus desperately started pushing buttons as an attempt to manually override the pod's systems but nothing was working. The tiny ship's hatch was still sealed. He was still stuck inside. It was practically too late to escape now. Horror and fear were beginning to drown him. Panic was making his spark race faster than it ever had before. Primal started banging on the hatch's window with his fists but it wouldn't even crack.
"Oh, you Optimuses do love to sacrifice yourselves, don't you. Fortunately, this time your foolishness will destroy you and your Maximals. By leaving them behind, you left them at my mercy.. and I promise you..," ".. that I will show them none."
NO! This wasn't supposed to be a sacrifice! Primal screamed in his head. He never tried to be anything like Optimus Prime! He wasn't even a leader of war or even trained for it, he was just supposed to lead explorations! Since the beginning all of this had always been way out of his league! With Megatron's last statement, he tried to block out involuntary images in his mind of the Predacons descimating his Maximals... torturing them... killing them. Trying to use this rage and terror to his advantage, he channeled it to his fists and banged on the window again, as hard as he could, but he couldn't break through. BANG! BANG! BANG! Not a single crack. His scarred hand throbbed now from the force and impact over and over. Desperation was beginning to fade. For the first time in his life, Optimus felt like giving up. There was nothing he could do... Megatron was going to succeed this time... There was no way of stopping him... And the worst part was that his Maximals would have no idea as to what happened and why he didn't jump as planned. Primal swallowed, holding back the tears for as long as he could as his crimson optics stared through his enemy's sneer. His stomach felt weightless, his throat tight.
"Without your leadership, your dear friends will fall to the might of my Predacons, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. But I do wish to take this chance to thank you for your heroic, yet ultimately futile, sacrifice that will ensure my future as ruler of not only this planet but Cybertron as well."
That wasn't true! Primal knew his Maximals could survive without him. THAT'S NOT TRUE! he convinced himself, surpressing Megatron's words that had meant to tear him apart on the inside. "Don't do this, Megatron!" Optimus pleaded with as much confidence as he could muster, as if he could actually regret any of his actions or feel remorse, but he was certainly not begging. Was it really possible for a bot to be as merciless as Megatron was? It would seem he was about to find out.
"I'm still here...I'm not letting go..."
He barely heard Whitegrazer's whisper over all of Megatron's babbling and his own thoughts that bellowed within him. It suddenly seemed to grow quiet all around him, as if time was slowing down for a moment. Optimus sent his thought toward her despite how hectic his spark was by now, feeling as though it was about to burst, I'm so sorry, Whitegrazer. Forgive me. I hope Aurora can forgive me. So much pain... A tear finally rolled down from the far corner of one of his optics, but he tried to keep himself together. Too much time had passed already. It was too late now for any escape even if Megatron allowed it. Looking over at Aurora's gift, Primal's mind started to wander as his crew's faces scrolled across the small holographic screen.

Cheetor, the first youngest crew member he had under his leadership. Full of energy, life, youth, kindness and generosity. A very playful nature. Sure he got into trouble every now and then but he learned from his mistakes. He had grown on Optimus like a son, a relationship he had never experienced before. He rather liked it. Cheetor always kept him on his toes and kept him feeling young.

Tigatron, full of wisdom, courage, honesty and selflessness. Primal could always count on him, even when his relationship with Airazor had sprouted. No one could prowl and stalk as stealthfully as he could. And he had one of the purest sparks he ever knew. He recalled the day he nearly became a Predacon against his will when his stasis pod had crashed on the planet.

Airazor, so kind and caring, yet tough when she had to be. They had almost lost her to the Predacons as well. Actually, if not for Rhinox, they had almost lost her entirely. Her flight speed and bravery were unmatched. In the air, she and Optimus were a team to be reckoned with. He had always enjoyed her company up there; they always watched each other's backs.

Feralnight, uncertain at times but friendly and usually reliable. However, recently something had changed her. Optimus had noticed some time ago but never had the opportunity to address it or confront her. He wished he had made time. What if she was in trouble? What if she had lost her footing and he could have helped her bring back balance to herself? Self-disappointment flooded him for that moment, ashamed.

Frilla, where she lacked in size she made up for with intelligence. Primal remembered the battle when she could have easily taken him down and left him in Megatron's hands, but instead she wanted more or a different life style. She had turned out to be one of the best data analysts and reseachers on their team once she changed her allegience to the Maximals. He hoped he had given her what she was seeking then, whether it was just peace and safety, or let her excel at what she was really good at.

Wintersong, so quiet and reserved. She was very much Tigatron's twin when it came to their beast mode's but she was very much her own bot. Sweet and compassionate, he really thought she was Arachnitron's best hope. Not him, her. Her forgiveness toward Starshadow astounded even him when she supported his decision to allow her to join them. Wintersong had grown in the war, matured. She was on the right path despite how she began as a stowaway on his ship.

Orcariner, the gentle giant he was, and always saluting. He had so much potential to be a great leader. Why did he doubt himself so much? Optimus tried to push him and encourage him. He always trusted Orcariner to make the right decisions. His loyalty and strength couldn't even be compared to anyone else. Primal had never been a mentor to someone before. Heck, he was pretty new at the leadership position, too, so in the beginning he had no idea what advice he could offer for the orca when he had so little experience himself. This war had put Optimus through the mill, however, and he could only hope that he remained a positive role model for Orcariner. He also hoped he wouldn't give in to revenge. The last couple days had worried Optimus about him greatly. His seclusion, his awfully quiet temprement were not good signs after Icebreaker's death. He prayed for him to be strong and to not do anything he would certainly regret later. Primal wished he could have spoken to him about it and offer guidance.

So many things Optimus failed to get done. Things that really required his attention and the help that his emotionally hurt Maximals quietly seeked but never received.

(( OOC: Don't worry, I'll get to the rest of the Maximals. Just want to break it up a little. :P ))
"Well, that's just prime!"
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote: Looking from Airazor back to the image Cheetor had provided for them, Rattrap was equally concerned about the situation as she was. What was the gorilla doing up there? Taking a banana break?! "Aw, come on, Fearless Leader, get it in gear!" he said outloud. He tried keeping an eye on Aurora who was very fragile at this point from having just lost Icebreaker. If they lost Optimus...

"Too late! Goodbye Optimus, tehehehehehahahaha!" Tarantulas softly cackled aloud, unable to contain his malevolent mirth over Primal's fate, knowing that he and he alone had destroyed the accursed leader of the Maximals, a feat that no other predacon had been able to accomplish since the Beast Wars had began.

OOP wrote: Megatron? What did he have to do with any of this right now? Was Whitegrazer losing it? Rattrap really was the only one sane left! Looking at the white mare with a peculiar expression toward her sudden outburst, it drastically changed to anger when he heard Blackarachnia start to laugh. Glaring at her in Tigatron's grip, he said, "Ya know, you never did answer my question earlier. What did you do?!" He was about to pull out his weapon and threaten her with it but thought against that action.

-----

Tarantulas so very badly wanted to rub his involvement in Primal's impending demise in the dumb rodent's buck toothed face, but decided against it. He couldn't afford any harm to befall Blackarachnia until he had recovered and restored his own body, and he couldn't very well do that if he got her head blown off by an emotionally distraught rat mourning the loss of his leader. Tarantulas merely allowed himself a faint, sly smile he normally wasn't capable of in his own form before returning to his comfy, spectral abode within his unwitting host's mind, leaving her to deal with the maximals until he saw a better opportunity to act, the poison green glow in Blackarachnia's optics fading as he released control back to her.

"Try not to get us both killed my dear, death is surprisingly irritating, I don't know how Waspinator puts up with being slagged so often" he mused to himself.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: I'm a little confused where the silhouette of Whitegrazer showed up. Did it show up for Optimus, or is it visible to the other Maximals?)
Whitegrazer wrote:"Megatron?!"
Megatron? Where?!

The little ermine turned around nervously as she heard Whitegrazer exclaim the name of the Predacon commander, scanning her environment in case the insects had not been the only Predacons that had invaded their base. But everything appeared as it should be, well, almost everything anyway.

Her eyes landed on Whitegrazer, who looked as if she had just seen a ghost with her gaze fixed on something in the distance. A short distance from her the only Predacon that remained on the bridge was gloating.

Aurora sent BlackArachnia an angry glare, feeling tempted to follow the example set by AirRazor a short while before. Why did all Predacons have to be so extremely selfish to the point of self-destructiveness? Optimus' life was hanging in the balance as he attempted to save all of them, and the thanks these annoying Preds gave in return for his efforts consisted of mocking him?

She took a step closer, wanting to wipe that smirk off the spider's face once and for all. Fortunately Rattrap got his word in first when he demanded to know what the spider had done to the pod, so Aurora stood down. Instead she returned her focus to the situation with the pod. It wast getting very close to its destination now and Optimus had yet to make his escape. Suddenly Whitegrazer's sudden outburst started to make sense, causing Aurora to look back at her for some sort of confirmation.

Megatron smirked as his opponent so desperately attempted to escape his tomb by hitting the window over and over to no avail. The Tyrant was quite confident there was no way Primal could break out, given the fact the pods were designed to maintain hull integrity even during a crash landing.

"Don't waste your energy. There is only one way your predicament could possibly end and we both know it."

He leaned back in his chair, getting comfortable as if watching a favorite show.
Optimus Primal wrote: "Don't do this, Megatron!"
The smirk swiftly left his face as Optimus attempted to plead with him.

"And why not?," Megatron snorted with contempt dripping from every word. Did his enemy truly believe he was going to back down now that his victory was at hand?

He reflected on his response, his facial expression changing to a more neutral one. Then he answered his own question.

"Perhaps I could benefit from keeping you alive as a bargaining chip to keep the Maximals from interfering with my future plans."

He paused as if contemplating his options for a moment, tapping his fingers against the console as he did. Oh how he enjoyed having such power over life and death.. It was an occasion he was going to savor for a very long time. Optimus was about to die by his hand and the fool still thought he had an inkling of a chance to survive the ordeal.

After what must have seemed like an eternity to his adversary, Megatron spoke;

"Or I could simply leave you to suffer for the last few moments of your miserable existence, knowing that your beloved Maximals will not have time to grieve for you before they find themselves facing oblivion as well."

The vicious grin that followed made it all too clear that this had been Megatron's intent all along.
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Venatrix felt her anger rise with every word that was passed from Optimus Primal to Megatron, and back again.
At one point in her existence she would've approved Megatron's action, but not right now.
When she blinked and opened her mouth to note her disagreement to Megatron, the black Predacon female noticed both her hands where grabbing hold on the hilts of her blades.
It took almost all of her strength to release her grip on her weapons.
It was then that she noticed her anger was not anger at all. It was almost at the point of blind fury.
And if it took its hold upon her, her actions would mean the end of her.
Self preservation kicked in and held her back.....
Then shame had risen from the depth of her consciousness.
The honor she had felt after a long while working with Dinobot was suddenly gone.
She finally realized what the word "honor" actually ment.
And by choosing to place her own well being above that of her honor, in this situation, was the action of a coward.
Venatrix froze while reflecting on what she just discovered about her own being, and tried to make some sense out of it.

Before her fury showed to much of itself on her face, Venatrix formed an impassioned look on her face.
She wanted to move, but she was unable to do so.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: lol.. Gee wiz, it took Venatrix this long to figure it out and 'this' is the time she chose? ;) Do I foresee a Maximal Venatrix next season? Albeit it is true that Megatron's actions are about as far from honorable as you can get. If I can find the time tonight, I'll post for Nem here.)
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

((OOC:
I'm a little confused where the silhouette of Whitegrazer showed up. Did it show up for Optimus, or is it visible to the other Maximals?
Oh! Are you talking about the one in my post? No, that was Whitegrazer's Master's silhouette and no, only she just saw and heard it. Sorry for any confusion.))
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

((Why are there so many predicons defecting to the Maximals? It's getting a little bit out of control and cliche now. :roll: When are we going to see a maximal turn predicon?? I'd LOVE to see that and hear Optimus' thoughts on it!))
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

WorpeX wrote:((Why are there so many predicons defecting to the Maximals? It's getting a little bit out of control and cliche now. :roll: When are we going to see a maximal turn predicon?? I'd LOVE to see that and hear Optimus' thoughts on it!))
ooc: I think the preds are running out of members.... I do have an uncomplicated predacon OC that I played on another forum. Uncomplicated meaning...strictly evil and strictly predacon ..no Hybrid psycho stuff. But he was a bird. I think we still have a ban on those....I'd have to rethink his beast mode and figure out some sort of back Story, but with all these defections we may need him. lol. Maybe that New batch of OCs for season two has some preds in it tho.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

OOC: I'm planning to either make up a new predacon, my first OC, or take over the roll of Terrorsaur. Either way, we should have at least one new pred this season...A maximal turning bad could be cool, would have to think up a good motivation for it :idea:
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

(There currently is no ban on birds, however it's frowned upon to use the same spieces as we've had characters which are so similar. IE:Blackarachnia/Arachnitron, Venatrix/Starshadow, Tigatron/Wintersong, Silverbolt/Feralnight. So current birds in use are Hawk,Eagle,Raven,and Swift. It's a little more difficult to just outright ban birds due to the huge deversity birds represent to the planet, they're not a small family like felines.

Also lets not forget the preds are getting Tantrum and Scaleblade.

As for Maximals joining the Predacons, Steelclaw was originally a maximal but defected to the predacons. Umbra technically is Maximal programming, but his ninja nature makes him not really care for either side as long as money and a contract are involved, he'd work for anyone and doesn't believe in any cause. Other then that, Valkyrie in the future is going to end up as a Predacon. )