Movie Thread

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Movie Thread

Unread post by Alak »

After watching this video, I realized we don't have a thread to talk about movies in general. So, here it is. Anyway, this is the video I was watching:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/06/th ... qus_thread

What movie are you most excited for in Summer 2012? Which ones are you definitely going to go see?
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

I actually surprised myself by going to see Hunger Games today. After hearing how depressing the book is, I kept thinking "I'm not going to see it, I'm not going to see it, I don't want to depress myself, I'm not going to see it...." But the hype got to me, so we went. I'm glad I did go. I still may not read the book for that reason, but there was so much emotion of all kinds in the movie that it was worth getting through the cry-able parts.

I think next up is Avengers...?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Hunger Games was excellent! I just saw it last night too. I actually do want to read the books now! I hope the movie does well enough so that they do the other two as movies. Not like The Golden Compass. I imagine the intention was to do all three of the Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials series as movies, but they only did the first one.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I still haven't watched the Hunger Games yet. I heard they skipped a lot of important scenes and a lot of the violence was toned down for a PG-13 audience. Obviously, it's to be expected whenever adapted a novel to the big screen, but that's still little consolation for someone who really enjoyed the first two books in the trilogy. I'm waiting for this to hit DVD before I rent it on Netflix and judge it then so that at worst I won't feel like I wasted a lot of money should I end up hating it. Although, even if I do end up liking the movie, I'd still be worried about the sequel since it's been confirmed that the first director isn't staying with the series.

The main movies I'm excited for this summer are the superhero ones (Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, and the new Spider-man). Depending on how many people can come with me, I'll try to see Expendables 2 in theaters in order to receive a year's worth of testosterone. Prometheus looks pretty fun and I'm keen on seeing how it ties into Aliens. I'm cautiously optimistic for the new Snow White movie, Bourne Legacy, and Men in Black III. I'm just plain cautious of the new G.I. Joe and the Total Recall remake.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Of all the movies I put on my "to see" list a couple of months ago, only the Dark Knight still holds enough of interest for me to go out of my way to see it.

I hear a lot of people talk about the Hunger Games. Truthfully I had never even heard of the books before the movie came out and I have no idea what said movie is about so I just have not made plans to see it.
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Avengers is a definite see in the movie theaters, the Dark Knight Rises a maybe if someone else in my family goes (the previous one was really well-written, but it was also REALLY dang depressing and at times disturbing). Other than that, no movies coming out this year that I know about are ones I plan to see in theaters.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975