Experimental Logo

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Experimental Logo

Unread post by Alak »

Tribal Dragon

I've been playing around with tribal designs today. I'm seeing if I can reinvent our business logo so that it will stand out more. Something simple enough to be incorporated into clothing as a small insignia, but complex enough to draw attention when blown up. This is just a concept and nothing more. I already see a few flaws that stick out to me, but considering that it's my first tribal creation I'd say it's not bad at all. Looking at it now, I don't really like the font I picked but I'm planning on creating a brand new typeface anyhow for Drewynn Designs. After all, it'd be kind of sucky to call ourselves graphic designers while we're stuck using Times New Roman or Comic Sans. Anyway, what you're looking at is supposed to be a dragon. I suppose you could say that's our motif since it was the first thing that came to mind when we initially came up with the business name. I just only want feedback on the tribal image itself and not the overall construction of this piece. I only added the text and border because I was bored. I'm open to suggestions on how to make better tribal designs. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve on this particular tribal design.

Old Logo

^ Old sucky logo in case anyone's curious.

Tools

Photoshop CS5
Wacom Bamboo Tablet
1 hour and 30 minutes of my life
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Oooooooooo! Me likey. :lol:

It's a very nice design.