Garry Chalk's 60th Birthday

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Garry Chalk's 60th Birthday

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

If anyone recalls, I asked here a couple weeks ago if people were interested in contributing anything for the video montage I was making for Garry Chalk (voice of Optimus Primal) since it was his 60th birthday on the 17th. He had no idea I was doing this (credit for the whole idea goes to his fiance, she just asked me to put it together), and it was going to be shown to him at his surprise birthday that was held last Friday night in Vancouver. I took a quick trip up there to surprise him in person, but I thought I could share with you guys the video montage I managed to put together ( :lol: ), and the photos I took during my trip and at his party, as well as a video I recorded of him singing with two other musicians.

Video montage. Which is almost 17 minutes long. XD

My trip and Garry's surprise party photos.

Garry jamming with the Goat Boys video. I don't know how well Garry actually knew the song, or at least the lyrics, but he killed it with his guitar strumming. :D

Yeah, I wasn't catching on with the YouTube embed thingy. Sorry.

And on a different, is anyone here going to BotCon this year? I don't think I've actually seen any discussion about it yet on here. I will be there (in case anyone cares :roll: ), but I bet you probably can't guess why. ...Okay, that was a bit of a joke. David Kaye spilled the beans last week about this and I think it ended up on TFW2005 pretty quickly. :lol: Anywho, thank you, everyone, for assisting me with the montage with your help and ideas, epsecially when I ran into a lot of frustration and trouble making the thing. Garry absolutely loved it. I wanted to add so many more clips of his various roles but just didn't have the time. Oh well. And I apologize again for the personal clips I couldn't fit in when I was done with the video.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

I shall definitely be there.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Such a cute video *is dancing to FOO FIGHTERS!!!* :lol: and I'm glad he enjoyed it. :D Sounds like the birthday party rocked! :lol: AND CAKE!!!!!! :lol:

Oh! That's cool that David Kaye and him are going to Botcon. I bet it is going to be so entertaining to see them two together again. :lol:
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

That IS a cute video! Did anyone from this website, aside from OOP herself, star in it?

No go for botcon again, I'm afraid. I can't exactly travel across the country with little ones in tow.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Aww adorable, glad he had a great birthday! Your so lucky OOP! I can never say that enough!