Crimes Preds Committed?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Crimes Preds Committed?

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

We know that majority of the Preds, well I think minus Waspy were criminals. What crimes do you think they committed? If they were in what charges do you think they would be charged with?
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Oooh, tough question.. Aside from Megatron, I never really considered the other Predacons as 'wanted criminals'. More so I always thought of the Predacons as merely picking up where the Decepticons left off.

Albeit capable of horrific acts, the Decepticons were really just another group of transformers with different ideals than that of the Autobots in G1. I think the show explained it as the Autobots being descendants of consumer goods, as in peaceful machinery designed to help, whereas the Decepticons originated as military hardware. They had different ideals, different goals, different methods of achieving those goals, but I don't think the Decepticons considered themselves criminals, exactly. In the eyes of the more mild-mannered Autobots who valued life in a different way, the Decepticons were surely viewed as cruel, evil, and yes.. criminals.

I never read any of the BW comics nor did I see BM or any of the Japanese stuff, so there might have been something brought up in those things about this. The way I saw it BW Megatron was a Predacon who broke away from the 'official' rules set by the council for proper behavior. He took a group of soldiers with him, who may or may not have shared some of his ideals on different matters.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Prior to the Beast Wars:

- Theft
- Assault & battery
- Possession of illegal firearms
- Breaking and entering
- Assaulting security officers
- Tax evasion

After the Beast Wars:

- Trying to destroy everyone and everything by wiping out the present timeline.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

LoL at Alak! I second those. Especially the tax evasion. :lol:
"Well, that's just prime!"
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

I believe that prior to the Beast Wars, Megatron was apprentice to Cryotek, a big time predacon crimeboss who sought absolute power via the Golden Disk...Unfortunately for him, Megatron outsmarted his former teacher and took the disk for himself plus several members of his gang, and of course left Cryotek to take the fall for the theft XD (its all good though, Cryotek had planned to doublecross Megs first, student surpassed the master lol).

So basically, all of Megatron's original followers were gangsters even amongst other predacons, believing the Tripredacus Council was too weak and slow to act against the Maximals. I think Megatron and Dinobot MAY have had formal military careers before becoming part of Cryotek's organization, but I'm not entirely certain. However, the rest of the original Pred team, with the exception of Officer Tarantulas, were essentially thugs who sided with Megatron in the hopes of a bigger payoff later down the road when he conquered Cybertron. They weren't trained, disciplined soldiers like G1 Megatron's troops, which of course explains why some suffered from low IQs and/or tended to be quick to treachery.

Basically, there's no way of knowing how many crimes the original Preds committed prior to the Beast Wars, many of them had likely been criminals long before they met Megatron. But I'm sure their list of crimes would have included murder, assault, theft, and conspiracy against the Predacon Alliance and Maximal Imperium.
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:LoL at Alak! I second those. Especially the tax evasion. :lol:
Surprisingly, it was Waspinator who was in charge of that.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Dannn Sanew

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

Considering how twisted Tarantulas was, I wouldn't be surprise if he was a serial killer and conducted illegal experiments.