"First Season Finale: Part II"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

(ooc: Which pod is the one falling in grid trion? Are they all coming down in roughly the same area? )

Nemesis had taken shelter in the branches of a large tree not too far from the Predacon base. Having an avian alternative mode, she found the immediate surroundings of the Darksyde to be much too flat, dry, and hot. When she wasn't flying high above, she much preferred the peaceful forests. She'd been enjoying the freedom of being outside for a few hours when Megatron's voice suddenly chimed in.
Megatron wrote: "Attention all predacons, unknown number of stasis pods have been detected at coordinates Grid Trion. All avaliable Predacons are to retrieve them at once and remember we are at a cease-fire so handle the situations...peacefully."
So much for relaxing..

But she didn't really mind too much this time. After spending so long locked up at the Maximal base with little entertainment aside from her own frantic thoughts until that unfortunate Maximal had made the fatal decision to come see her, even a stasis pod held the potential of being semi-interesting.

"Acknowledged," she responded ever so briefly as she spread her wings and left the sanctuary of the tree, heading for one of the pods that had crashed on land. A water rescue wasn't exactly her element of expertise so she decided to leave that up to the squids. As of yet she was unaware of Glowstick's demise, even though she had found it peculiar that the slimy tentacled creep did not appear to be present when she returned to base.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

((Eh..I don't think the doors are automatic since I saw the Feral Scream episode. TM2 Cheetor had to break it down by himself. Maybe my post isn't clear.. the damage on the shoulders completely disabled the arms. If I wrote that she could open the doors with disabled arms, it's godmodding. Y'know what I mean? ;) ))
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by New Moon »

((I think they're just several miles apart Phoenix, but just a guess.))

Frilla would have laughed at Rattrap's comeback and his joke but she was trying to find the predicting landing spots for the pods, though she only had luck in knowing the areas and not the specific location."Unfortunately the ocean and the forest is all I can get out of this information since the interference is making it difficult to find the specific location,"She told them and turned in her chair, briefly looking towards Wintersong and Ironclaw when they volunteered for the one in the forest and rolled her optics at the obvious growing closeness between the two."Well if your going then go you lovebirds, by now the Predacons will be on top of this in a matter minutes if not already."She told them.

Then she turned her attention to Rattrap,"Been trying to do that since I was a Pred Rattrap, I only know the signal is a lot like the one at Standing Stones and I'm guessing Rhinox would have better luck then I would."She said with some disappointment with not being able to make progress, but eventually something would turn up and the information they had extracted from Megatron's personal files gave that proof.

Deciding to wait as Rattrap suggested Feralnight waited as the others tried to track the pods before nodding,"Couldn't sleep could be putting it mildly Rattrap."She said and turned her attention to the monitors Rhinox and Frilla were looking at. If the badger and white tigress were going to seek the pod in the forest that left the one at the ocean, though it could be out in the middle of the sea or near one of the shorelines. "Guess we just need the one at the ocean."She said but wasn't sure if there was another possible location for the possibility of other stasis pods.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

(Phoenix:Grid Trion is the alien mushroom site. that's what they called it in that episode.

Star:And she could try transforming and using a paw to open the door.. and let auto repairs kick in. As for Aphrodite, Cubic hasn't responded.. so I guess she's busy. )

The voice on Steelclaw's radio remained silent for a moment, then responded Sounds like your busy as usual. And no.. while skilled enough to fake his demise..did not have time to fore see such an event. I am an AI constructed from a backup of his memories.. acting as a sort of cleanup..The Leviathan may not be around too much longer depending on Cecelia's choices in taking it..

In your case, Everything in this room is yours for use. The computer in here is currently deleting any sensitive projects.. but blueprints on weapon designs, and elements from projects that are already made are yours to take. The password lockout on the Raver blade has also been removed, but be warned.. that sword is unfinished.. You may want to work on it to keep yourself from being electrocuted while using it. Finally.. beware of Starshadow.. she is not to be trusted. The creature inside of her is a threat to Cybertronians everywhere.. Predacon and Maximal alike.. I'll answer more of your questions when you have the time, but for now I'll leave you to your duties.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Rhinox listened to Dinobot's question and shook his head.

"No, let's not bother them. Optimus told everyone to rest because after everything that's happened as of late, some of us definitely need it."

He also did not want to undermine Primal's orders by launching a full scaled recovery force. After everything Optimus had done to enforce his authority, it would be counter productive for Rhinox to issue a contradicting order. Instead, he preferred to utilize those who were both able and willing to venture out into the world to recover these stasis pods.

"Optimus," he radioed to the commander, "Rattrap has picked up several stasis pods coming from orbit. He's obtaining coordinates now."
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

((That would be good if her large paws could unlock the doors. I guess Star should be in her violent woman mode..lol, her arms will move like ragdolls.))

It seems nobody responded to her. Starshadow slowly went on her knees and pushed herself up and took a step back, charging up a large laser ball for a minute and fired at the door, making a hole large enough for her to enter.

"I'm so going to kill you one day, if it's one of the last thing I do.." she said to Visia.

"Tell me that if you're in my league.." the serpent replied.

Growling from the pain, Starshadow made her way to the bridge, "where's the slagging CR tank when you need one..?
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

"That's good. I must talk to him and ask him not to speak Steeclaw's name. Steelclaw and I both promised each other to not tell what happened there to avoid danger from our opposing sides except to a person we trusted most. I trust you, Optimus."
A faint smile tugged at the corners of Primal's mouth at Whitegrazer's words. He knew what she did earlier wasn't any kind of betrayal, almost what Ironclaw had implied, because he felt that he could trust her, too. Definitely. However, there were still some things he kept hidden to himself.
"Orcariner and Icebreaker were close."
Optimus nodded quietly at her comment.
"We talked on neutral ground. It was mostly a philsophical debate, but we never came to a consensus on the topic of peace. Steelclaw believes Maximals will always to try to control Predacons and vice versa. From what I can tell, he believes this war could change things for the Predacons back on Cybertron. Free them from their oppression. They believe war is their only option."
The Maximal leader understood Steelclaw's perspective, and had no doubt that something about the Beast Wars was going to change both factions. For Predacons like him, Glowstick and Onyx, Primal could see the potential for them and Maximals to co-exist. Unfortunately, there were others like Megatron, Cryotek and Terrorsaur; bent on power, domination, greed and spreading fear to everyone and their demise. Those few were enough to stir up chaos and death, and to keep the allegiances separated for their own causes.
"But he is wrong on both accounts. We have seen that Maximals can work together with Predacons. Evidence that has been proven by you, Optimus,"
Optimus brought his thoughtfully wandering optics back to Whitegrazer's, studying her's with some intensity.
"You had taken in Dinobot, Frilla, and Starshadow. You had also taken in a Cybertronian suffering from split personalities and you and the rest had treated her as a person, not a slave nor a second-class citizen."
"I only thought it fair to give them a chance," the Commander softly explained with modesty. "If they felt that they couldn't find a place under Megatron's command, maybe they could find one with another crew that has a different objective." It wasn't like he was trying to prove something, or change Cybertron's future. And who knew if they'd remain with the Maximals after they'd finally get back home. That was their business, after all. For all Primal knew, they could just be taking advantage of his kindness and hospitality. However, in Arachnitron's case it was much different, but that was because Optimus knew more about her than he lead on. Indirectly, of course, since he had been involved with a "project" far more dangerous that was now out of his reach. He didn't want to treat Arachnitron differently, thinking they could help her, and he couldn't have locked her up. Primus, the tests they ran on these bots... on their sparks. It darkened his own with the knowledge he had, and he regretted it.
"War doesn't solve problems. It causes them. Even if it did solve one, many more would have taken its place. If Predacons won, what would happen?" " History has shown that new wars are caused by the remains of old ones. The ones who have lost would have taken the place of the victors. Oppressed, they will fight to gain their freedom just as the victors' had done to them. It's a cycle that will continue unless there can be a peace, but it would take both sides to compromise which certain individuals on both sides will not allow."
It seemed as if it was simply a way of life with beings such as themselves. War is inevitable. Such a sad and bleak thought.
"As a Maximal, I have seen the evils of my own kind on Predacons and sadly, on other Maximals," "but so have I seen the evils of Predacons on us and their own."
Nodding, Optimus couldn't help but agree with her and know exactly what she was talking about. But what did she know? What had she seen and experienced? It perked his curiosity.
"Maximals or Predacons? What are our differences beyond our insignia and designs? We are all Cybertronians. Individuals. Yes, individuals can be cruel, selfish, sadistic, vile, controlling and corrupted, but that's just one side of the mirror, of the world. The other side is that individuals can be compassionate, selfless, merciful, and innocent. Every soul is different and tells a tale wrapped in layers of experiences and beliefs."

"It's a world of grey, but that doesn't mean right and wrong have totally disappeared. Everyone is responsible for their own actions, choices and the conquences that follow them. We all have the free will to choose our own destinies, our own fate. People can change, but we can only offer it. It is they who have to accept it or decline it."
Primal observed Whitegrazer quietly, letting her speak what she felt she had to say without interruption. And he couldn't have agreed more with her on that particular issue. Another small smile crossed his face as he listened, taking more interest in her. His relaxed state did not last long, though, as she went on.
"I can't change Steelclaw's beliefs nor can he change mine. I can only tell him what I believe. He can choose to think about it or dismiss it. It's his choice, but he will have to live with the consequences of it like I do with mine. With more time and conversations, we will just have to see. "
Nooding once more, Optimus made sure to mention, "Just make sure you're both very careful and extremely cautious if you're to engage in future conversations. If Megatron finds out, he may consider it treachery on Steelclaw's account, which is unlikely to go unpunished. Once he told Aurora and I that Glowstick had been terminated by his hand because of the actions he took behind his back, it was an eye-opener for me. I suddenly realized how merciless and dark Megatron can truly be. A trait I have been too naive to accept from him, thinking deep down that he was incapable of such actions on this planet. I have been sadly mistaken. Whitegrazer, you must tell me when you plan on seeing Steelclaw again and every time after. If Megatron has someone follow him, there might be an ambush sometime, with or without Steelclaw's knowledge. And if anything were to happen to you..." He trailed off with a sorrowful tone, shaking his head as he tried pushing away every possible outcome that attempted to creep into his mind about her being harmed or worse.
"My master was right. I can't summarize anything. I always turn everything into a speech. I'm surprised I lived as long as I have with my mouth back on Cybertron. Primus knows lots of people want to shut me up."
"Turning everything into a speech is just one more thing we have in common," Primal tried comforting her with a light chuckle to follow her's. All right. Too curious to avoid the topic now, Optimus asked, "What exactly do you mean? Have you been threatened? And who was your master, if you don't mind my asking?" There was still so much to learn about her even though he felt like he has known her for as long as he has known Rhinox. Speaking of which...
"Optimus," "Rattrap has picked up several stasis pods coming from orbit. He's obtaining coordinates now."
Of course there was bound to be an interruption, just when things were getting interesting. So, more Maximals were about to join the Beast Wars. No one knew that this could very well be their first and last day to ever be on-line again. "Understood, Rhinox," the leader returned. "Launch a small team for each pod to secure them from the Predacons and retrieve our fellow comrades. If they land before the teams can reach them, see if we can establish communication with them to let them know help is on the way. And, Rhinox, remind everyone that we're still under a cease-fire."

-----
"I'm here!"
Rattrap blinked at Rhinox, watching him fly into the bridge with his bulky, heavily armored body. Sheesh.
"Track the pods' trajectory and get me coordinates as soon as they're calculated. We'll round up anyone who is still awake and willing to journey out to retrieve the protoforms."
"Yeah, uh, Frilla and I are workin' on it," he told Rhinox with a little frustration.
"Hmm... and those who are not ready and willing to journey out; can we make them of the opposite persuasion?"
"I heard dat, Chopper Face," Rattrap called out without bothering to look over his shoulder at Dinobot.
"Though we could always talk on the way to one of the stasis pods if your up for it."
"Try to stay focused out there, will ya?" the rat said toward Wintersong and Ironclaw without looking at either one while he worked frantically with Frilla. "This ain't no picnic. The Preds'll be hot on their trails, too."
"I volunteer to help retrieve the one in the forest, no way am I going near the ocean again."
The Spy couldn't blame the tigress for that. Their best option for that one was their largest Maximal. "We could use Orcariner's help with that pod. Anybody seen 'im around?"
"Been trying to do that since I was a Pred Rattrap, I only know the signal is a lot like the one at Standing Stones and I'm guessing Rhinox would have better luck then I would."
"Hm. We gotta work on that and figure it out. We can't keep havin' pods dropping outta the sky like flies with dis interferance, unable to track 'em and where they're gonna land," he commented.
"Couldn't sleep could be putting it mildly Rattrap."
Oh, great, thought the rodent. If none of these guys got any sleep, I'm bettin' the whimp chimp didn't either. Great. Although, he could understand why Optimus might not have been able to rest, but was on Feralnight's conscience the whole time? It irked him.
"where's the slagging CR tank when you need one..?
"Whoa," Rattrap suddenly said, stopping what he was doing and spinning around to look at Starshadow when she showed up to the bridge and spoke. "What de heck happened to you?"
"Well, that's just prime!"
Wildfire94
RPG Characters: Onyx, Quickfix, Cheetor, Tarantulas, Quickstrike

Unread post by Wildfire94 »

Finally arriving within the area of where the stasis pod had crashed near the forest Onyx slowed to a slow gallop, letting his gaze scan the landscape for a moment to find the real trajectory or path the stasis pod had gone since it was likely there would be some sign of it. Finally her noticed the brief skid marks along the ground made by Silverstreak's pod and hurried towards it while keeping alert since he noticed that the top of the pod was opened slightly just enough for something or someone to slip out of. The landing had been a success now the question remained if this bot was a maximal or a predacon since not all pods turned out to be Maximals upon landing, but he was curious to see what this new cybertronian looked like.

For the most part the black stallion was curious but at the same time he wasn't sure what kind of personality this new activation could have brought to the planet, unaware that as he trotted into range Silverstreak was watching him from the cover of some bushes. "Onyx, terrorize."He commanded as he transformed to robot form, giving another once over as he moved towards the pod and lifted the top while looking inside: it was empty. "Well they couldn't have gotten that far, hopefully."He said while turning to look for signs of where the transformer could have gone while at the same time he could have sworn he saw someone else heading this way from the sky, guessing one of the fliers had decided to come this way themselves.

Hearing someone finally arriving Silverstreak eagerly watched as a black stallion made it's way close to the sight, and she was almost hopeful it was a Maximal until she heard the activation code which made SIlverstreak remain where she was. The Predacons were hear alright but where were the Maximals? It made her uneasy at the fact the Maximals hadn't come along yet but she also noticed Onyx's gaze turned towards the skies and wondered if he was bringing back up which made the young Maximal think twice in sticking around for long. Quietly backing up while keeping up her stealth mode she quietly commanded herself to beast mode before taking off further into the forest and to find a different area that was open and she planned to try from there. Maybe by chance she could make contact through via communication system.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"Whoa, what de heck happened to you?"
Starshadow looked at Rattrap with flickering optics, "I..."

Great, how is she going to explain it? A nightmare sounds unrealistic. Hurting herself is unconvincing. Thinking for a moment, she looked up and said, "I was partying all night."

Okay. That is clearly a lie, "why do you care? I thought Maximals enjoy seeing Predacons in a...damaged state." and with that she stepped into the CR chamber. Another question popped up in her mind, why were the Maximals gathering around? Was there a new mission? Or were they discussing about what to do about the aliens? It cannot be the aliens, they don't even know what were the Vok are up to. So what was it that its important? Right now she just closed her optics for a while as the door of the chamber closed automatically.
Wintersong
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Wintersong (Oc), Spineback (Oc), Tigerhawk, Terrorsaur, Airazor, Cheetor, Rampage

Unread post by Wintersong »

Wintersong listened to the others for a moment, glancing back when she felt someone's hand on her back finding it was Ironclaw but didn't say anything before shooting a glare towards Frilla and Rattrap despite the rat not looking at them. "We'll keep our optics peeled Rattrap, have some positive attitude for once." She said while giving a final glance at the coordinates before motioning for Ironclaw to come along as she headed to lift. At the same time Starshadow had come in and the tigress wondered how she really had gotten so damaged, she had seemed fine up until she had shoved her out of the room which made Wintersong wonder what the panther could possibly had been so eager for others to not know. 'What is she hiding.' She thought.

Mentally shrugging it off for now Wintersong stepped onto the lift with Ironclaw which took them down to the ground below,"Beast mode!"She commanded as she transformed before taking off towards the location of the crashed pod but going at a speed the badger could at least keep up with her.
My contacts:
Here-PM
Discord-Thundercat#4131
DeviantArt-Thundercat-rising
Mystrea

Unread post by Mystrea »

Ironclaw took his hand off of Wintersong when she gave him that look. He was unsure if what he did was wrong, was she affected by what Frilla and Rattrap had said. He ignored them and tried to remain professional. Reacting would just draw more attention to them.

Ironclaw moved over to the lift when she motioned him over. He stepped onto it and looked at her optics as it went down. He saw certainty, she was determined and very sure of herself. The lift reached the bottom and the slender female beside him transformed into her beast mode. Ironclaw transformed aswell and followed her. She set a pace he could follow, although he felt quite inadequate because of it.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

The sound of Starshadow's laser made Dinobot turn in the direction of the hallway just in time to see the metal on her door burst outwards in a fireball.

Perhaps it was time to kick her out of the base.

But he watched on in perplexed fascination; when she stepped out through the hole, she didn't look too much better than her door.
Rattrap wrote:I heard dat, Chopper Face.
"Good," he said.
Starshadow wrote:"Where's the slagging CR tank when you need one..?
Rattrap wrote:Whoa. What de heck happened to you?
Starshadow wrote:I... I was partying all night. Why do you care? I thought Maximals enjoy seeing Predacons in a...damaged state.
Dinobot waited until the CR chamber door had completely closed. "There... appear to be no words."
Optimus Primal wrote:Understood, Rhinox. Launch a small team for each pod to secure them from the Predacons and retrieve our fellow comrades. If they land before the teams can reach them, see if we can establish communication with them to let them know help is on the way. And, Rhinox, remind everyone that we're still under a cease-fire.
"I am prepared to go to the other pod," Dinobot told Rhinox, awaiting any further information he may have needed to know before going.

The Program wrote:Sounds like your busy as usual. And no.. while skilled enough to fake his demise..did not have time to fore see such an event. I am an AI constructed from a backup of his memories.. acting as a sort of cleanup..The Leviathan may not be around too much longer depending on Cecelia's choices in taking it..
"I'm... sorry? Cecaelia?" Why would she take the Leviathan? How did this AI know she would? It was o.k. with her taking it?
The Program wrote:In your case, Everything in this room is yours for use. The computer in here is currently deleting any sensitive projects.. but blueprints on weapon designs, and elements from projects that are already made are yours to take. The password lockout on the Raver blade has also been removed, but be warned.. that sword is unfinished.. You may want to work on it to keep yourself from being electrocuted while using it. Finally.. beware of Starshadow.. she is not to be trusted. The creature inside of her is a threat to Cybertronians everywhere.. Predacon and Maximal alike.. I'll answer more of your questions when you have the time, but for now I'll leave you to your duties.
"You mean... you want me to try some engineering. I suppose I am a machine. And I will watch out for Starshadow, and that crazy snake. But when you say it's a threat to Cybertronians everywhere..."

Yes, this AI was right. Steelclaw did have a lot of questions to ask him.

"Nevermind- I'll get back to you like you say. And thank you."

He walked out of the room and made sure that it closed behind him (he assumed the program would lock the door from the inside) before he ran down to the hall.

"Computer," he asked the Darksyde's system aloud, "give me the coordinates for the nearest pod."

"Specific landing coordinates indeterminable. Nearest pod estimated to be at coordinates 7-7-3."

"I guess I'll try those out, then. Give me a run down on the topography."

"Coordinates 7-7-3 cover the edge of a large mass of water situated next to a forest. Elevation ranges from-"

"No, no, that's fine. Beast mode!"

After he transformed, he ran out of the ship's main entrance, going as fast as he could manage.

...Which wasn't very fast.
Last edited by Blazemane on Thu May 17, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

((OOC: So quick question to all Maximal players. Which OCs are available right now for pod missions? I want a head count before having Rhinox organize everything.))
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

"Attention all predacons, unknown number of stasis pods have been detected at coordinates Grid Trion. All avaliable Predacons are to retrieve them at once and remember we are at a cease-fire so handle the situations...peacefully."
"Peacefully? What in the name of starscream's treachery is that supposed to mean?" Manterror responded to himself. His instrument of death was now complete besides some finishing touches like paint and comfy seats. He was still under the distinct impression that it would be able to wipe out the maximals and put an end to the beast wars... yet, this "leader" feels the need to do things peacefully. How were they supposed to win a battle without underhanded tricks and cutting heads off?

Thinking back towards Glowstick, Manterror knew exactly what would happen if he disobeyed Megatron. He didn't want this to happen, especially now that he was so close to finishing his project. He would just have to put that aside for now. Activating his com with the press of a button, the Mantis replied tauntingly. "Yes, lord Megatron." Before he left however, he had one more thing left to do. Taking a quick look around his general area, he was able to find a bunch of large leafs and he placed them on top of his precious creation to hide it from anyone who might find it. That should keep it hidden well enough, he thought. With a glance towards the sky and a beat of his wings, the Mantis soared into the air towards Grid Trion.

Airazor's optics zoomed in close to a falling object which was engulfed in flames. It was immediately clear to her that it was a stasis pod and there wasn't just one of them, a second one fell not far away. The two must have collided in the planets orbit and fell towards earth. "Computer, calculate estimated landing coordinates." she spoke calmly and the digital voice of another responded. "Acknowledged". As the falcon waited for the calculations to finish, she continued to watch the pods fall. She was glad that more maximals were dropping down to join them, but not so glad that the Predicons would be trying to steal them. It was their job to defend the pods, and she planned to do just that.

"Trajectory calculation failed. Alien signature detected in Grid Trion." Airazor's computer responded and it shocked its owner. Alien signature? Perhaps Iron Claw had been right all along. They were back and this time with no intentions of peace. The Falcon hadn't been far from that location, and she decided now was a good time to report. "Airazor to maximal base:" She spoke in a commanding tone, hoping someone would answer. When they did, she gave her full report. "Two pods are falling and appear to be landing in Maximal Territory. I am also detecting an Alien signature in Grid Trion, only a few clicks from my location. Should I investigate?"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

((OOC: I definitely should be able to post tomorrow, Darkspark, Blackrosefencer, and OOP. Sorry, for the last couple of days, I have a fog in my brain. Yuck. I hate that. >.< Stupid brain, turn on! *headdesk* ))